Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

You're missing out, L/Lyn can be extremely powerful. The buffs from her exclusive weapon and skill are great and she can perform as one of the best units against other ranged units with Vantage or Dull Ranged in her B slot.

Of course, an attack bane is pretty bad and should definitely be avoided at all costs.

I've tried using her with the atk seal (so -1 atk total) and her boon is +spd, but she just hasn't performed besides fighting blue mages. The way her personal skill works only on enemy phase forces her to be more niche than she could be. From what I've seen most people seem to rate her as the worst legendary hero, which is a shame. Maybe I'd try giving her some other SI if I get a better IV one in the future that's worth investing in.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Fun fact: every version of Lyn in this game sans her Brave incarnation has a chance to have a brutal attack superbane. She must not like attack much.

Superbanes should be illegal.

Trying to decide on a replacement for Lucina on my arena core since she's maxed HM now. I was thinking Alm since i have a similar heal-tank build on him. MMarth is also a possibility, since she's a less Res Lucina for me, and I've been trying to build her to mimic Lucy. 

36 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I've tried using her with the atk seal (so -1 atk total) and her boon is +spd, but she just hasn't performed besides fighting blue mages. The way her personal skill works only on enemy phase forces her to be more niche than she could be. From what I've seen most people seem to rate her as the worst legendary hero, which is a shame. Maybe I'd try giving her some other SI if I get a better IV one in the future that's worth investing in.

I'd really disagree with her being the worst, even if being a green unit hurts her and even if you're not a fan of the character, she's not THAT bad.

+Atk/-Def is what seems to be her most ideal IVs from what I've seen. Even having -1 attack is a hindrance.

You could also try giving her a Brave or Firesweep bow, you lose some buffs from her native weapon but they're a bit safer to use.

42 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Fun fact: every version of Lyn in this game sans her Brave incarnation has a chance to have a brutal attack superbane. She must not like attack much.

She has a bad habit of getting Str screwed back in FE7, so that might be why.

Related: my boon/bane luck with Lyn is strangely good as my Sol Katti and legendary ones are +Spd while Brave is +Atk and none of them have Atk or Spd banes. I’m pretty sure my Bride Lyn was also +Spd before she died for the sin of not being Cordelia.

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd really disagree with her being the worst, even if being a green unit hurts her and even if you're not a fan of the character, she's not THAT bad.

+Atk/-Def is what seems to be her most ideal IVs from what I've seen. Even having -1 attack is a hindrance.

You could also try giving her a Brave or Firesweep bow, you lose some buffs from her native weapon but they're a bit safer to use.

I don't have any bias against her character, I just mean objectively she seems pretty mediocre. Maybe the poor ratings also have to do with the limited mage presence in arena right now, too. Worth noting she can make use of G Duel Infantry, though.

I'd consider Firesweep down the road.. but that'll also require an extra Faye. Either way I'll wait for if I get a good one sometime, since this -atk one is Spd Tactic fodder the moment I get a new one, unless it's -atk too.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She has a bad habit of getting Str screwed back in FE7, so that might be why.

Related: my boon/bane luck with Lyn is strangely good as my Sol Katti and legendary ones are +Spd while Brave is +Atk and none of them have Atk or Spd banes. I’m pretty sure my Bride Lyn was also +Spd before she died for the sin of not being Cordelia.

I'm neutral on Lyn but I don't she's neutral on me. Bride Lyn showed up -spd before I got Cordelia on the bride banner, the brave one pity broke me with a worse IV than neutral on the first legendary banner and both my Legendary Lyns were -atk. And regular Lyn, who I'd like the most out of them, is one of the few launch 5*s I'm still missing. I skipped the VA banner so I don't have that one either.

At least I did get a good +spd -def Bride Lyn randomly on her legendary rerun, so the bad one got foddered to my Elise for Dazzle, which was nice.

57 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm neutral on Lyn but I don't she's neutral on me. Bride Lyn showed up -spd before I got Cordelia on the bride banner, the brave one pity broke me with a worse IV than neutral on the first legendary banner and both my Legendary Lyns were -atk. And regular Lyn, who I'd like the most out of them, is one of the few launch 5*s I'm still missing. I skipped the VA banner so I don't have that one either.

At least I did get a good +spd -def Bride Lyn randomly on her legendary rerun, so the bad one got foddered to my Elise for Dazzle, which was nice.

That’s like me and Elincia (who is a favorite of mine): one’s -Atk and the other’s -Spd.

I don’t have Wind’s Embrace Lyn either, but not from a lack of trying fuck that +Def/-Spd 5* Lucius who sunk a rate of at least 5%. Hopefully I can coax Niles to come and fill that ranged blue armor hole I got.

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm still surprised how great Lucina is compared to Lyn, when they're both colored bows. Granted my Lyn's -atk (superbane), but regardless she feels like a bad unit. Even with an atk seal to patch her up I don't find Lyn ever worth using over another other greens, but I can see myself using Lucina a lot if I manage to get her.

Legendary Lyn has two notable problems. One, her unique skills and stat spread are tuned for an anti-ranged role, which is not a commonly needed role for competitive play. Second, out of all four colors, blue not only has the units in the game with the highest ranged bulk, but those units are also easy to obtain and are commonly seen on defense teams (Fjorm, Effie, and Nowi).

These factors lead to her being severely underpowered in the Arena, but powerful in PvE content, where ranged units are common and Distant Counter units are rare.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hmm tried out the Lite version because my phone ran out of space again last night, but sadly the quality of the art worsens enough for me to not be able to handle it :( It isn't a lot worse than the HQ version and the battle sprites and small portraits look fine really. But then I clicked on Soleil for her portrait and:

Spoiler

Left is Lite, right is HQ.

Screenshot_2018-10-11-22-49-22.thumb.png.82564bab216ea0bb6d36c07ea5990720.pngScreenshot_2018-10-12-09-28-20.thumb.png.b2550eb02bb356ee02111f8f963758b2.png

just.... no.

Guess I'll just have to delete some other stuff cause seeing my fav like this is unacceptable.

What's weird is that Fjorm and L!Ike's art are still HQ? Do the freebies get the right to be pretty no matter what version they're in?

1 minute ago, Mau said:

What's weird is that Fjorm and L!Ike's art are still HQ? Do the freebies get the right to be pretty no matter what version they're in?

Those eight on the download screen seem to have their art stored in HQ no matter what, it seems.

So the parents, childs theme continues in the Tap Battle. Also looks like Judgral focused. Future boss possibilities: Sigurd-Seliph, Arvis-Julius, Deirdre-Julia, Lachesis-Nanna.

57 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So the parents, childs theme continues in the Tap Battle. Also looks like Judgral focused. Future boss possibilities: Sigurd-Seliph, Arvis-Julius, Deirdre-Julia, Lachesis-Nanna.

Pretty sure it might be hinting at another Jugdral banner coming. Which would be lame after we already had one just last month.

45 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Pretty sure it might be hinting at another Jugdral banner coming. Which would be lame after we already had one just last month.

While true, if Altenna, Oifey and Shanan show up on a banner together with an Travant GHB FE4 will have all of its important characters in the game I think. I guess a case could be made for Manfroy but I'm not expecting him anytime soon.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

But there is a new heroes banner on 23th? Do you think it will come with paralogue maps? Xenologue? 

Most likely a Paralogue, although there's a small possibility that it'll follow in the footsteps of the Muspell banner and not have any chapters at all. I previously speculated that we might get a Nifl banner this month, which would fit that. But the Forging Bonds and GHB suggest that's unlikely.

I think the most likely possibility is Farfetched Heroes, but they could just do a normal banner. They didn't have any normal banners with Paralogues while Book 2 was in progress, but while we're between books, it's possible that they'll break that pattern.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Conversely, it could just be because we have enough characters to do this theme now. Kind of like how Farewells followed a bit after Scattered Fangs.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

A banner without any chapters would be a new level of laziness and sad. 

Not a new level anymore because the Múspell banner was a thing.
Still fucksad though.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Othin A banner without any chapters would be a new level of laziness and sad. 

It'd make sense with OCs, but I wouldn't expect it for any non-OC banners.

Also, the Muspell banner had the benefit of showing up as a third banner for the month, on top of the regular two. So my speculation about a possible Nifl banner this month also involved it probably being a third, alongside two regular banners with chapters.

I needed a guide to do it, but I beat Lloyd's Abyssal first time I've done it. Glad I could get one of these for one of the accessories I actually care about, though I've got no idea who to give it to~ Or the Bat Ears for that matter~

Well for the time being~

dgAwdyD.png

Q8s82rv.png

A third Judgral banner would be amazing, the more the better!  So many great characters still to get into the game.  Manfroy, Brigid, Shanon, Oifeye, Altena, Trabant, Arion, Azel, Lex, etc etc.  However it is more Genealogy that is getting the good stuff when we say "Judgral", Thracia has been treated like an ugly stepchild.  

This new Lloyd Abyssal map was suprsingly easy, even with a CA Archer, which is the bane of my Flier emblem.

As for the banner coming up, I mainly want an SoV banner, with Conrad on it. If that happens, then I will be okay 

Edited by Poimagic