• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

However it is more Genealogy that is getting the good stuff when we say "Judgral", Thracia has been treated like an ugly stepchild.  

It's almost like Thracia is a Super Famicom game that was released in 1999. I wouldn't be surprised if it's widely obscure even among the Japanese fans.

As for the next banner, it should be FE6 since it has gotten almost nothing since launch but I want Tellius. It desperately needs an influx of representation not unlike what Jugdral has got in the last couple months (and with all due respect to Jugdral, it doesn't need another dedicated banner this year).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

It's almost like Thracia is a Super Famicom game that was released in 1999. I wouldn't be surprised if it's widely obscure even among the Japanese fans.

As for the next banner, it should be FE6 since it has gotten almost nothing since launch but I want Tellius. It desperately needs an influx of representation not unlike what Jugdral has got in the last couple months (and with all due respect to Jugdral, it doesn't need another dedicated banner this year).

It was supposed to be much smaller originally and not a full-on FE game, but more like Archanea Saga or whatever it's called. Like sixish chapters or something. Kaga and his team grew fond of the project and went ahead to made it into full game. I recommend watching the commercial for it. It's quite weird

Spoiler

From what I understand, you needed to go to a specific supermarket chain and download the game onto an empty cartidge via device. You could buy the SNES cartridge, but that came around the next year

I'd give Thracia a pass for a banner this year. The Thracia debut banner was a complete and utter joke. I felt like I got shit on real hard with Fin being replaced by two alts and made into a TT unit without his prf as I was saving my orbs for him after I got the announcement. Thracia aside, Tellius and BB need representation

After the initial annoyance over the Abyssal GHBs not granting an additional copy of the characters, I've begun to wonder why they even need to be limited at all anymore.  The pre-CYL1 GHB and TT characters have been outclassed many times over by now, and some still claim sole ownership over resources that might be used more if not for the uncertainty of their future availability.  F!Robin is still somehow the only source of B!Tomebreaker.  Michalis is the only unit with Iote's Shield.  Grani's Shield only exists on Camus and now Walhart.  The Shields are not that important, but B!Tomebreaker should absolutely be more available. 

My hope is that once the GHB Elite quests expire next year, the characters will be added to the summoning pool.  The GHBs maps and rewards should continue to be active -- while that'll give anyone who wants to merge those characters a head start, I can't imagine that hurting the game's "economy" in any meaningful way.  Same thing with the TT characters, with the possible exception to M!Marth.  She's the mascot of the mode more or less, and one more rerun will allow her to be +10'd anyway. 

I consider myself lucky in that my favorite GHB character can be merged all the way up to +6 as of this post, but others are not so fortunate.  I would love to make a merge project out of Canas, Finn, and Julius, but I'm not willing to wait years and years for merge copies to trickle out at the current glacial pace.  Something's gotta change. 

Hmm, I'm trying to think of a Silver-themed team. There's Klein the Silver Nobleman, Seth the Silver Knight and I guess Micaiah The Silver-Haired Maiden. Is there anyone in Heroes that could fit the last one? 

Gray...because it's kind of a duller version of Silver? Lol. Or Sylvia because it sounds similar to Silver?

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

It was supposed to be much smaller originally and not a full-on FE game, but more like Archanea Saga or whatever it's called. Like sixish chapters or something. Kaga and his team grew fond of the project and went ahead to made it into full game. I recommend watching the commercial for it. It's quite weird

Reveal hidden contents

From what I understand, you needed to go to a specific supermarket chain and download the game onto an empty cartidge via device. You could buy the SNES cartridge, but that came around the next year

I'd give Thracia a pass for a banner this year. The Thracia debut banner was a complete and utter joke. I felt like I got shit on real hard with Fin being replaced by two alts and made into a TT unit without his prf as I was saving my orbs for him after I got the announcement. Thracia aside, Tellius and BB need representation

This is true Pixiv description of Leif actually made fun of his status as a "who".

On the flipside, Thracia actually is one of the top games of that supermarket chain download thingy, so despite its low sales, it kinda showcases FE games general popularity at the time

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmm, I'm trying to think of a Silver-themed team. There's Klein the Silver Nobleman, Seth the Silver Knight and I guess Micaiah The Silver-Haired Maiden. Is there anyone in Heroes that could fit the last one? 

Gray...because it's kind of a duller version of Silver? Lol. Or Sylvia because it sounds similar to Silver?

Why not Silver Foxes Jagen or Gunter? They even come with Silver Weapons.

What about Felicia? She uses silverware as her Prf. Lloyd maybe? His title is White Wolf and white is basically the same color as silver. Same thing can be said about Shiro since his name means white.

44 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Why not Silver Foxes Jagen or Gunter? They even come with Silver Weapons.

What about Felicia? She uses silverware as her Prf. Lloyd maybe? His title is White Wolf and white is basically the same color as silver. Same thing can be said about Shiro since his name means white.

Hmm... Felicia can work since I already have her at 5 star.

Speaking of White... What about White Emblem? I'd like to use Lloyd in the future. So Lloyd, Shiro...maybe Palla and Catria for Whitewings? (Not gonna promote Est anyway). Any other White-related units besides the Whitewings?

As for Red Emblem I thought about Sully, Minerva, Marisa and Navarre. I have two of those at 5 star, any other Red units? Zelgius if he had the right armour Technically Walhart is red all over I guess.

Also just moving that Brazen topic from the Pull topic here, I would give it to Shiro but I already gave hime Steady Breath so I don't want to replace that anytime soon haha. Otherwise I feel like I wasted a B!Ike

Yeah Guard weapons are interesting but I'm not sure who makes the best use out of it yet. Would Setsuna work since she relies on using her Speed to guard her special? Usually that means charging the opponent's specials but at least Guard effect stops that. Maybe similarly, Nina or Summer Gaius?

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmm... Felicia can work since I already have her at 5 star.

Speaking of White... What about White Emblem? I'd like to use Lloyd in the future. So Lloyd, Shiro...maybe Palla and Catria for Whitewings? (Not gonna promote Est anyway). Any other White-related units besides the Whitewings?

As for Red Emblem I thought about Sully, Minerva, Marisa and Navarre. I have two of those at 5 star, any other Red units? Zelgius if he had the right armour Technically Walhart is red all over I guess.

Canas is white hairs in Spanish so he could work. Ignoring the fact that he is the "Dark Moonstone," moonstone is gem that is commonly white so maybe Valter could work too?

As for red, Lukas the "Ginger Stud," as Python so gracefully once said, exists. If we're counting the armor, Ryoma and Hardin are also red all over.

FE6, Binding blade, had a bunch of launch units.  Tellius and Thracia are the ones really hurting with much of their cast not yet in the game in any form.  Hopefully we get a banner of each, maybe even two for Tellius.  As well as maybe a single binding blade banner.  

Launch is a big thing I consider with representation.  Judgral had zero units at launch so it is just now we are getting some of the staple characters, and still missing a bunch.  

12 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

FE6, Binding blade, had a bunch of launch units.  Tellius and Thracia are the ones really hurting with much of their cast not yet in the game in any form.  Hopefully we get a banner of each, maybe even two for Tellius.  As well as maybe a single binding blade banner.  

Launch is a big thing I consider with representation.  Judgral had zero units at launch so it is just now we are getting some of the staple characters, and still missing a bunch.  

No, Fates was the one that had a bunch (30, including Xander). Binding Blade only had 13, and that's including the not initially available Zephiel and Narcian. Genealogy now has 19 while Binding Blade has only gained Klein in about a year and eight months. Jugdral doesn't need any more love right now, and that includes Thracia.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

No, Fates was the one that had a bunch (30, including Xander). Binding Blade only had 13, and that's including the not initially available Zephiel and Narcian. Genealogy now has 19 while Binding Blade has only gained Klein in about a year and eight months. Jugdral doesn't need any more love right now, and that includes Thracia.

Thracia still has less than Binding blade.  I mean if you counting Genealogy and Thracia as one, then Blazing and Binding blade should be considered as one.  FE7 has gotten good representation does that mean FE6 doesn't need much?  Cause that is what you are saying about Thracia.  BTW Binding blade is also Japan only.

Well yeah and Fates is ridiculous along with Awakening in the amount of units they have and have gotten.  I think the pie chart (someone is doing these on reddit) has Awakening and Fates making up 50% of the units in the game.  That is disgusting. 

Whatever though, we don't know what they have planned.  Wouldn't be surprised, actually I'm expecting at least one more Awakening or Fates new heroes banner before the year ends.  

21 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Thracia still has less than Binding blade.  I mean if you counting Genealogy and Thracia as one, then Blazing and Binding blade should be considered as one.  FE7 has gotten good representation does that mean FE6 doesn't need much?  Cause that is what you are saying about Thracia.  BTW Binding blade is also Japan only.

Well if you want to play it like that, then Jugdral has three New Hero banners this year while Elibe has one. Jugdral has gotten enough attention this year. 

And again, Binding Blade (which has fans too you know) has gotten Klein and literally nothing else. Maybe if you could set aside your Jugdral bias, you would have a better understanding of how FE6 fans feel at this point.

Our last Tellius banner was in January. Our last FE6 banner was never. Our last Archanea banner was in June 2017. Our last Sacred Stones banner was in January.

Food for thought.

If only we have had a tiny bit fewer seasonal banners, we could have fit so many more actual new characters in there.

Edited by Vaximillian

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Our last Tellius banner was in January. Our last FE6 banner was never. Our last Archanea banner was in June 2017. Our last Sacred Stones banner was in August 2017.

Food for thought.

If only we have had a tiny bit fewer seasonal banners, we could have fit so many more actual new characters in there.

Sacred stones had one in this year it was the one with Myrrh.  But yeah, Archanea and FE 6 deserve banners the most.  FE 6 is the game I want to have a banner the most because it has not had one at all.

12 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Sacred stones had one in this year it was the one with Myrrh.

Of course, I’m stupid. It was in January because I got Myrrh for my birthday. I half-deleted it from my memory because it plunged us into the dark age of alts.

59 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well if you want to play it like that, then Jugdral has three New Hero banners this year while Elibe has one. Jugdral has gotten enough attention this year. 

And again, Binding Blade (which has fans too you know) has gotten Klein and literally nothing else. Maybe if you could set aside your Jugdral bias, you would have a better understanding of how FE6 fans feel at this point.

Lol, you are the one being biased, you were counting FE6 and FE7 separately but grouping FE4 and FE5 as one.  FE5 has Reinhardt, Olwen, Reinhardt alt, Olwen alt, Leif, Nanna, Finn.  Its representation is pathetic and much worse than FE6.  Yeah Klein, but it also had a bunch of launch units. 

Thracia is less represented than FE6.  If Thracia had a bunch of launch units then maybe you could make a case.  It had none, and one banner as well as no seasonal unit on top of that.  You talk about how Binding blade fans feel, but you seem to have no idea how Thracia fans feel.  

18 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You talk about how Binding blade fans feel, but you seem to have no idea how Thracia fans feel. 

....They got their banner and six characters added to the game since launch compared to Binding's one character and zero dedicated banners. 

Also, I don't even have the slightest bias towards Elibe. I don't even like FE6. All I'm trying to say is that they need that metaphorical bone way more than the Thracia fans, who they probably outnumber anyways.

Edited by Tybrosion

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

....They got their banner and six characters added to the game since launch compared to Binding's one character and zero dedicated banners. 

Also, I don't even have the slightest bias towards Elibe. I don't even like FE6. All I'm trying to say is that they need that metaphorical bone way more than the Thracia fans, who they probably outnumber anyways.

Yeah and Thracia had zero characters at launch which seems to always be ignored by you.  Whatever they have gotten in their masterful single banner is all they have gotten.  FE6 already had multiple important units in the game at launch.  FE6 has 17 units in the game including alts.  Without alts it is 14 characters.  FE5 has 7 units including alts.  Without alts it is 5 characters.  So metaphor or whatever, FE6 doesn't need anything more than FE5 and it isn't even close.  Bringing up the more fans thing is silly, then we shouldn't have any banners other than Fates and Awakening ever.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How about we agree that we need more new characters, full stop?

I'll agree to that.  Maybe if we get new hero banners regularly every two weeks like we used to last year, with 4 units minimum and sometimes more and always alt free it wouldn't take forever for actual new faces to get added to the game.  

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

After the initial annoyance over the Abyssal GHBs not granting an additional copy of the characters, I've begun to wonder why they even need to be limited at all anymore.  The pre-CYL1 GHB and TT characters have been outclassed many times over by now, and some still claim sole ownership over resources that might be used more if not for the uncertainty of their future availability.  F!Robin is still somehow the only source of B!Tomebreaker.  Michalis is the only unit with Iote's Shield.  Grani's Shield only exists on Camus and now Walhart.  The Shields are not that important, but B!Tomebreaker should absolutely be more available. 

My hope is that once the GHB Elite quests expire next year, the characters will be added to the summoning pool.  The GHBs maps and rewards should continue to be active -- while that'll give anyone who wants to merge those characters a head start, I can't imagine that hurting the game's "economy" in any meaningful way.  Same thing with the TT characters, with the possible exception to M!Marth.  She's the mascot of the mode more or less, and one more rerun will allow her to be +10'd anyway. 

I consider myself lucky in that my favorite GHB character can be merged all the way up to +6 as of this post, but others are not so fortunate.  I would love to make a merge project out of Canas, Finn, and Julius, but I'm not willing to wait years and years for merge copies to trickle out at the current glacial pace.  Something's gotta change. 

Round two of Heroic feats will have a copy of Berkut as it's reward. I hope it won't be the only way to distribute copies of limited units. 

You can get one of the best weapons in the game from him so it's rather nice to have another copy. I only wish he was added to the normal summoning pool. Hoping for the elite quest countdown to mean something. Also, it seems that the theme of heroic feats is good fodder

Wooh free Hinata! Now to decide who of my huge list of units who need Fury will get him D:

Wasn't expecting Berkut, never used any of his copies so don't have any use for him either so meh.

Edited by Mau

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

FE5 has 7 units including alts.  Without alts it is 5 characters. 

This won't change your argument but I'm counting 6.

Reinhardt, Olwen, Leif, Nanna, Finn & Saias.

The only Thracia banner we had included alts and characters that were also in the more popular Geneaology of the Holy War games.