• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

45 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Relay Defense has 0 stamina. Nice

As a month ago, I did the first map to forget about this disaster forever. At least it’s apparently only the first map that gives an orb now. Still RIP 10 dew but oh well.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As a month ago, I did the first map to forget about this disaster forever. At least it’s apparently only the first map that gives an orb now. Still RIP 10 dew but oh well.

Map 5 also gives an orb.

I think the "Trainee Unit" thing in Heroes would work better if they were heroes that got SP 2x the amount. Just being a unit that's weak at low levels and strong at 40 doesn't make sense with the way Heroes issues it's challengers.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

5th map gives 1 orb + 500 feathers, now.

Edit: Didn't realize this was already brought up, haha. That'll learn me to reply before reading every new post. (Not really.)

Also, the higher maps feels a lot easier now for whatever reason. I did 7th and 8th the normal way (that is, I hit people until they died) and it still worked out. Guess the hp changes meant more than I thought.

Edited by DehNutCase

59 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

5th map gives 1 orb + 500 feathers, now.

Edit: Didn't realize this was already brought up, haha. That'll learn me to reply before reading every new post. (Not really.)

Also, the higher maps feels a lot easier now for whatever reason. I did 7th and 8th the normal way (that is, I hit people until they died) and it still worked out. Guess the hp changes meant more than I thought.

IS said they lowered the stat inflation on enemy untis in Relay. 

I've been meaning to do this and I finished it last night. I wanted to show off Cloud Maiougi's fireworks animation along with the meteors from Glimmer so I compiled FiH!Elincia's quotes. Couldn't decide if I wanted to showcase the weapon's animation only on map with a darker background or also on a map with a lighter background so I included both. Lucked out on the thumbnail as it's my favorite frame to represent the video. 

Spoiler

Edited by tobuShogi

... Okay!

Well, believe it or not, I somehow beat the entire relay defense.

All eight levels.

By myself.

This mode is still a drag, don't get me wrong, but without the ridiculously inflated HP it's at least more manageable.

Well relay defense is now meh instead of "this mode should go to hell".  I stopped after getting all the dew, I don't need dueling crests at all.  I still don't really like this mode, but at least IS made it playable now instead of the garbage it was last month.

Personally my gripe with the mode is still the same as before---it's actually even worse now, since it feels like unit starting locations aren't consistent across relay sub-teams anymore. That is, 1,2,3,4,5 of your first relay team doesn't have the same spawn locations as the 1,2,3,4,5 of your second relay team. Which exposes just how annoying the brigade management screen is and the huge lack of the deployment phase for your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th relays.

That said, the fact that the mode is a lot easier now meant I could get away with crappy starting locations, since taking the right combats aren't as important. Ended up doing the whole set with almost the same brigade as last time (swapped out Summer Corrin for Cordelia, and reordered the units a few times so Cordelia would spawn next to Flying Azura).

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

They made more improvements to Relay Defense in one month than voting gauntlet the last few months. 

They still haven’t made the only improvement that truly matters to both “modes”, and that is mercy-killing them.

Edited by Vaximillian

This Relay Defense seems a lot more forgiving than last time thanks to the HP reduction but I'm still on the fence about the mode because it's pretty hard to adapt to it. Then again I said the same about Rival Domains and now it's a pretty normal thing so I think it's best to give it some time. 

Anyways, I finally found a use for the -Atk Saber that's been sitting in my barracks since forever. 

Spoiler

uqb0X4j.png

This is an evil build (inspired by a +10 Hana I found in arena once that had the same skillset), nothing outside of Brave weapon users (Alm and B!Celica included) and mages is going to kill her in one round and she still hits like a freaking truck despite not having an offensive special. When paired with a WoM healer or dancer there's nothing but despair. 

So we really do have to wait for the PA banner to choke before we get another chance at the old Halloween banner. Why the heck did they even decide to start that banner in such a way that it would cause this annoying delay? 

Are they banking on people breaking and spending their orbs on the new Halloween banner first, so they can milk some bucks from the rerun? The only thing this is doing for me is fueling my frustration with the game. I don't even have summoning to distract me from the lack of good content. And I don't even feel any motivation for TT at this point.

Edited by Nanima

Something fun I've always wanted to do but never could because too many priorities... Corrin and Chrom, their base forms mind you, supporting each other. Corrin has the Supportive Yato refine, Spur Def 3, and Spur Atk 3. Chrom has Spectrum Bond Falchion and Atk/Def Bond 3. The two are always next to each other. In total, Chrom would have +19 to his Attack and Defense, in addition to +8 to his other stats.

Well now that I have literally nothing else to work on besides maybe Alfonse, I can finally take the time to do the fun thing I've always wanted to do... but now it has the potential to be better.

Because of the Link skill series, one of the two can pack Atk/Def link (Corrin most likely) and use it to grant +6 Field Buff Atk and Def to Chrom to bring up the total boost to 25 (keep in mind, my own Chrom, who is +Atk -Res, has 56 Atk and 31 Def). But something I didn't expect to be helpful, Obstruct can let Chrom protect Corrin from enemy melee users and take the brunt of the opposition, and because of QR3 and all that Attack, he's probably going to kill most enemy melees. Another fun toy would be Darting Stance SS, since then he'd avoid a large number of doubles that he would have otherwise had to tank, even some Swordbreaker users.

The only real issue, besides ranged units of course, would be TA3 Blue Dragons, who may or may not pack enough Attack to simply kill Chrom before he can even attack, but without TA3 he's got every single Dragon dead on counterattack.

Eheh... I'm looking forward to this coming to completion...

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

This Relay Defense seems a lot more forgiving than last time thanks to the HP reduction but I'm still on the fence about the mode because it's pretty hard to adapt to it. Then again I said the same about Rival Domains and now it's a pretty normal thing so I think it's best to give it some time. 

Anyways, I finally found a use for the -Atk Saber that's been sitting in my barracks since forever. 

Reveal hidden contents

uqb0X4j.png

This is an evil build (inspired by a +10 Hana I found in arena once that had the same skillset), nothing outside of Brave weapon users (Alm and B!Celica included) and mages is going to kill her in one round and she still hits like a freaking truck despite not having an offensive special. When paired with a WoM healer or dancer there's nothing but despair. 

Yes, join the L&D3, Pavise, Shield Pulse, and Flashing/Heavy Blade appreciation club. It has a lot of tasty cheese. I'd love to do this build, but I only have one Shield Pulse source. If only Saber were 4* summonable.

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Reveal hidden contents

uqb0X4j.png

So is she in your arena defense team? How does your defense team look like? I don't care too much about building defense teams but I've got +1 L!Ike, +10 Nino, L!Tiki and bonus unit. Do blessings apply on defense teams? 

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

They still haven’t made the only improvement that truly matters to both “modes”, and that is mercy-killing them.

Nah give Relay defense some time. Don't make any hasty decisions to remove game modes. 

On 2018. 10. 13. at 2:14 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Bye fast HM fasting, I hope to see you soon.

Huh? Isn't it the perfect time to farm HM now that Tempest Trial is available?

17 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Huh? Isn't it the perfect time to farm HM now that Tempest Trial is available?

He was referring to Rival Domains going poof for two weeks. TT is still good for merits, but RD gets you more merits and more efficiently.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He was referring to Rival Domains going poof for two weeks. TT is still good for merits, but RD gets you more merits and more efficiently.

I see, I haven't though of using Rival Domains for that. (learning something interesting about the game every day) As for Relay Defense, I better make a team that actually good enough to get the 2nd orb.