Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 hours ago, Nanima said:

So we really do have to wait for the PA banner to choke before we get another chance at the old Halloween banner. Why the heck did they even decide to start that banner in such a way that it would cause this annoying delay? 

Are they banking on people breaking and spending their orbs on the new Halloween banner first, so they can milk some bucks from the rerun? The only thing this is doing for me is fueling my frustration with the game. I don't even have summoning to distract me from the lack of good content. And I don't even feel any motivation for TT at this point.

Most likely~ I imagine they must not have wanted to have 2 re-runs at once~ Semi-disappointing as I want the PA Heroes (I'm missing 3) but I refrained from pulling because I'm waiting for the re-run to blow my Orbs on Nowi and I was hoping PA might have a day or two left for me to try at them again but it looks like they'll be waiting for it to expire before rerolling Trick or Defeat~

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Most likely~ I imagine they must not have wanted to have 2 re-runs at once~ Semi-disappointing as I want the PA Heroes (I'm missing 3) but I refrained from pulling because I'm waiting for the re-run to blow my Orbs on Nowi and I was hoping PA might have a day or two left for me to try at them again but it looks like they'll be waiting for it to expire before rerolling Trick or Defeat~

They were fine doing it with the summer banners, but I guess those had the same theme. They still could have rerun PA closer to the new festival banner. Oh well, there's nothing I can do but wait. I actually spend like 20 orbs on the new Halloween banner after this, only to realize I had accidentally clicked on the TT one... At least this week will bring more orbs. Still, the wait period makes me wish they put the reruns on the calenders so we could know beforehand when they start.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

They were fine doing it with the summer banners, but I guess those had the same theme. They still could have rerun PA closer to the new festival banner. Oh well, there's nothing I can do but wait. I actually spend like 20 orbs on the new Halloween banner after this, only to realize I had accidentally clicked on the TT one... At least this week will bring more orbs. Still, the wait period makes me wish they put the reruns on the calenders so we could know beforehand when they start.

I hope it won't be too far away since I don't want to miss on Myrrh and Mia >.>

18 hours ago, Nanima said:

The only thing this is doing for me is fueling my frustration with the game. I don't even have summoning to distract me from the lack of good content. And I don't even feel any motivation for TT at this point.

Luckily I have enough +10 projects lined up that the orb and feather rewards keep me motivated to never skip out on events. That said, we could definitely still use more good content to play. They're slowly adding more and it's better than it used to be, but it's still pretty light on stuff to actually do between new GHBs, Abyssals or whatever the current auto-battle mode is (TT right now). I keep pulling on new banners but don't find there to be much to do with the new units most of the time.

To give a solution to my own complaints, I wish GHBs or similar content came a lot more often. I was even thinking how it'd be cool if we could get another kind of GHB that takes place on RD-sized maps. That format would make it about as close to playing a real FE game's chapter in Heroes, which could be fun. Actually.. it could even be neat if they ported RD-scaled versions of real maps too. Imagine playing something like Conuqest chapter 10 but with your Heroes units. I'd be down for that.

I guess to be fair it's just a phone game and not meant to try and engage you for as much time. And the actual grind-heavy games like Granblue or Dragalia have their own issues of eternal mmo-like farming which is a different kind of problem. I guess I wish FEH leaned a little more toward a middle ground. The game's fun enough that I'd like reason to play it more often than I'm currently given. (not counting managing my TT/GC/FB auto battles)

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

To give a solution to my own complaints, I wish GHBs or similar content came a lot more often. I was even thinking how it'd be cool if we could get another kind of GHB that takes place on RD-sized maps. That format would make it about as close to playing a real FE game's chapter in Heroes, which could be fun. Actually.. it could even be neat if they ported RD-scaled versions of real maps too. Imagine playing something like Conuqest chapter 10 but with your Heroes units. I'd be down for that.

That's what I was hoping for when I first heard that they were creating larger maps. Instead, the larger maps are mostly symmetrical with only one objective type, and they all have the same predetermined turn limits.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

So is she in your arena defense team? How does your defense team look like? I don't care too much about building defense teams but I've got +1 L!Ike, +10 Nino, L!Tiki and bonus unit. Do blessings apply on defense teams? 

Not right now but I plan on putting her there next season. My team would be Karla, Cordelia+10, Airzura+2 and bonus unit (hopefully H!Myrrh, otherwise I'll put H!Dorcas there). 

And yes, blessings do apply on defense teams as long as it has the corresponding Legendary hero for the season. The only things that don't apply are Summoner and Ally support.

Edited by Alexmender

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Luckily I have enough +10 projects lined up that the orb and feather rewards keep me motivated to never skip out on events. That said, we could definitely still use more good content to play. They're slowly adding more and it's better than it used to be, but it's still pretty light on stuff to actually do between new GHBs, Abyssals or whatever the current auto-battle mode is (TT right now). I keep pulling on new banners but don't find there to be much to do with the new units most of the time.

I know that feeling. The problem is most modes only allow you to use 4 units, and even in AA/Brigade maps, I tend to use the same units over and over.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The Tiki LHB had about as many enemies as an RD-sized map, does that count.

Doing the Abyssal GHBs has made me feel the format is getting stale. Something like RD-sized maps, or even introducing other objectives from the main games, could make new ones more memorable.

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's what I was hoping for when I first heard that they were creating larger maps. Instead, the larger maps are mostly symmetrical with only one objective type, and they all have the same predetermined turn limits.

Yeah, I don't dislike RD but the format feels like it has a lot more potential that the one way they've used it so far. Taking on real (or closer to it) FE maps but with your large Heroes unit selection would be pretty sweet.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Not right now but I plan on putting her there next season. My team would be Karla, Cordelia+10, Airzura+2 and bonus unit (hopefully H!Myrrh, otherwise I'll put H!Dorcas there). 

And yes, blessings do apply on defense teams as long as it has the corresponding Legendary hero for the season. The only things that don't apply are Summoner and Ally support.

Let me guess, Cordelia is designed to proc gale force in one round of combat. Also you mentioned mages could still kill her but unfortunately, mages have a score penalty due to low BST so this team is quite evil indeed. Can't an archer kill her because pavise doesn't work on ranged attacks, not just magic? 

@Sunwoo @mcsilas I'm sure you've long since made your decision on a +ATK or +SPD Legault but I wanted to throw in my opinion. Legault isn't like Matthew or Saizo, he's more offensive which makes his choice of nature much simpler. Being +SPD gives him pretty much the best Wind/Watersweep set imaginable. If that's what you're going for (like say, an Arena babysitter) and wanted to +10 him that'd be great. He could potentially use the nature for a set with The Cleaner but it would be niche and situational. For just about any other build imaginable +ATK would be better. He's got plenty of speed but attack is something he's in dire need of.

Matthew can get away with his low ATK because he's a tank, Legault has no such luxury. He wants every point of ATK he can get. Sorry I never responded. Just digging in my notifications and finding stuff.

@Zeo I actually kept both the +spd and the +atk Legaults because I wasn't in any particular hurry to work on him yet. All right, so I don't have any interest in using either of the sweep skills, so it seems like +atk is the best way to go. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So the old Halloween banner is back. Yay, I guess.

Screenshot_20181015-140150.png
“YAY, I GUESS” INDEED!!!

Screenshot_20181015-140344.png
*wipes happy tears off his face*

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU HAVE ONE JOB MARTH

ONE
JOB

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Said job being coming home for you? I’m sorry for taking away your Marf ;_;

havent really been binge pulling Red so far, last one i did was during LMarth banner

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

havent really been binge pulling Red so far, last one i did was during LMarth banner

Now I can resume merging up Caeda, too. She’s +6 already and there are exactly four more on the bookshelf.

Then again, I might focus on Clair instead because I’m going to use her instead of Caeda for the next fortnight, especially with Alfonse stuck as my bonus D:

@Vaximillian Congratulations! Look at that completed hero!

@Nanima Hey, at least the Halloween banner rerun is here now! Kind of bad that I had to split my orbs between trying for Jakob and Fanlivia though. I might delay pulling more on the Halloween rerun until after the legendary, kind of weird how this ends later than the current Halloween banner.

Congrats @Vaximillian!

Also, does focus red units really exist outside of Legendary Banners? I’ve got Zelgius, Ayra and Brave Celica while snipping for H!Myrrh, and now Sigurd in my free pull instead of H!Nowi. I know I’m being lucky getting so many good units in so few orbs, but at least if not the focus, gimme repeated units for fodder/merges :’(

@mcsilas Yes! And I even got Sakunyan! And H!Myrrh when I tried for her afterwards. And a whole bunch of other great 5*s. The game was good to me today.

Edited by Nanima

@Zeo

Hmmm I finally did it. I made a decision on who to give my only spare DC to in my main account.

+Res Halloween Myrrh seemed like a no brainer. She's an armour unit so I could at least use Goad Armour as part of the inheritance, which was the tipping point on finally sacrificing the Hector. Seemed very effective inheritance anyway, since she already has VF, so using a Lector would be a waste of rare skills.

I also went ahead and upgraded  my last Chrom to give her Aether. Her and L!Tiki will be part of my new arena team anyway so I went ahead and gave them a support (haven't used those in a while)

I guess it's pretty standard and inline with the meta but boy they sure make going through TT a piece of cake

I also went ahead and used the Neutral Ike for Aether fodder for my second account's L!Tiki, since she already has New Moon, so I passed on Luna + Aether + Swordbreaker.

Finally passed the 5000 points mark in AA thanks to these at least. Still just shy of moving above top 10k but maybe it's the Earth season bloat from everyone's L!Ikes.

Edited by mcsilas

We got "Birth of a Holy Knight" and "Eldigan, the Lionheart" as songs for Floors 1-40 and 41-80, respectively, but then we have "The Grandeur of Askr" as song for Floors 81-100... Why? Why not "Disturbance in Agustria", the song of the "Doorway to Destiny" Chapter?