Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We got "Birth of a Holy Knight" and "Eldigan, the Lionheart" as songs for Floors 1-40 and 41-80, respectively, but then we have "The Grandeur of Askr" as song for Floors 81-100... Why? Why not "Disturbance in Agustria", the song of the "Doorway to Destiny" Chapter?

In addition to this, why Arvis and Julius as the dual bosses for the Heir of Light tap battle? Why not Deirdre and Julia? Why is Julia merely an add in Julius’ encounter?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In addition to this, why Arvis and Julius as the dual bosses for the Heir of Light tap battle? Why not Deirdre and Julia? Why is Julia merely an add in Julius’ encounter?

That's true. Also, Deirdre is in Sigurd/Seliph boss battle on Floor 80 as a "reinforcement unit"...

I'm going in with 414 Orbs and I'm not coming out until I get Halloween Nowi, IT IS TIME

EDIT:

0Lvaf2U.png

OK well at least it was less than 100 Orbs and I can shamelessly go for Myrrh now~

I also got 2 Lon'qu merges, the curse of him never appearing is finally broken!

Edited by Landmaster

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm going in with 414 Orbs and I'm not coming out until I get Halloween Nowi, IT IS TIME

EDIT:

0Lvaf2U.png

OK well at least it was less than 100 Orbs and I can shamelessly go for Myrrh now~

I also got 2 Lon'qu merges, the curse of him never appearing is finally broken!

May this be the light i need when I get NY!Azura, W!Lissa and W!Tharja. 
(and Micaiah). 

I have a few Sothes. 
Is it worth building one up? (does he give good Fodder?)

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I have a few Sothes. 

Sothe is one of the better dagger unit in the game due to his personal weapon, but don't expect him to be amazing without heavy investment. But maid Kagero is the queen of that category due to armor skills. As for fodder he gives Life and Death 3 at 4*, great for any glass cannon. Spur atk/spd takes too much positioning to make good use of. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Sothe is one of the better dagger unit in the game due to his personal weapon, but don't expect him to be amazing without heavy investment. But maid Kagero is the queen of that category due to armor skills. As for fodder he gives Life and Death 3 at 4*, great for any glass cannon. Spur atk/spd takes too much positioning to make good use of. 

(sigh) i'm sad i can't go for Maid Kagero. grrumble. i'll check the IVs on the ones i have and pick one and see, and fodder the rest

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Life and Death 3 at four-star, which is massive.

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

May this be the light i need when I get NY!Azura, W!Lissa and W!Tharja. 
(and Micaiah). 

I have a few Sothes. 

I wish you luck in getting them with few Orbs~

Someone in my friend's list has +10 Sothe and hes pretty good Peshkatz is pretty good Support if you can set it up. If you want to fodder him, LAD 3 is good to give to other units~

The cancer hit my mid level AA. We need tretment now.

f8gpmvL.png

EDIT: Reinhardt, Silvia, Male kana and Zelgius worked. Unfortunately Zelg died to Kagero.

Edited by Garlyle

So, if we get the Julius revival in November and then the Linus revival in December, we could get the next seven GHBs added to the daily rotation in the January update.

Maybe already with Abyssal, if they add Abyssal to the second set in the meantime.

6 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

@Rezzy Is your -Atk bad luck going around? 4 of the 6 five stars I've pulled recently have been -Atk.  

It very well could be.  I haven't been able to play as much lately, so the -Atk might be looking for more victims.

So, aside from color variations on the same base weapon type, the only weapon/movement type combinations we're missing now are armored healer and cavalry dragon. I think an armored healer is inevitable, but cavalry dragons have always seemed tougher.

Starting around this time last year, we've gotten fliers without mounts and armors without armor, but even over the course of the year since then, we still haven't gotten cavalry without horses. They could just break that rule and give it to arbitrary high-mobility characters without mounts, but even if they did that, I'm not sure what sort of dragon character it'd suit. And it's pretty hard to imagine a transforming character who rides a mount. But that still leaves the possibility of horse-riding dragon units who don't transform.

Fallen Gunter seems like the cleanest option. He's mounted, and while he's never fought as a dragon like Garon, he could reasonably fight as a non-transforming cavalry dragon unit calling down Anankos over him, Grima-style. On that note, Grima is another possibility, perhaps with Robin as a Dark Knight. Now that we already have a male Grima in the regular summoning pool and a female Grima as a legendary hero, they might avoid making future Grimas in either of those hero types, but that still leaves the possibility of some sort of seasonal Grima. I don't know how they'd do that, especially since we've never had a seasonal villain so far, but they might. Perhaps on next year's Halloween banner.

If they do introduce cavalry dragons, I think it's likely for them to eventually add at least the main three colors, maybe even all four. Doing multiple cavalry dragon Gunters or Grimas would feel really silly, though, and I'm not sure who else would be much of a candidate. FE doesn't have a ton of split-body dragons.

Edited by Othin

57 minutes ago, Othin said:

So, aside from color variations on the same base weapon type, the only weapon/movement type combinations we're missing now are armored healer and cavalry dragon. I think an armored healer is inevitable, but cavalry dragons have always seemed tougher.

Starting around this time last year, we've gotten fliers without mounts and armors without armor, but even over the course of the year since then, we still haven't gotten cavalry without horses. They could just break that rule and give it to arbitrary high-mobility characters without mounts, but even if they did that, I'm not sure what sort of dragon character it'd suit. And it's pretty hard to imagine a transforming character who rides a mount. But that still leaves the possibility of horse-riding dragon units who don't transform.

Fallen Gunter seems like the cleanest option. He's mounted, and while he's never fought as a dragon like Garon, he could reasonably fight as a non-transforming cavalry dragon unit calling down Anankos over him, Grima-style. On that note, Grima is another possibility, perhaps with Robin as a Dark Knight. Now that we already have a male Grima in the regular summoning pool and a female Grima as a legendary hero, they might avoid making future Grimas in either of those hero types, but that still leaves the possibility of some sort of seasonal Grima. I don't know how they'd do that, especially since we've never had a seasonal villain, so far, but they might. Perhaps on next year's Halloween banner.

If they do introduce cavalry dragons, I think it's likely for them to eventually add at least the main three colors, maybe even all four. Doing multiple cavalry dragon Gunters or Grimas would feel really silly, though, and I'm not sure who else would be much of a candidate. FE doesn't have a ton of split-body dragons.

im somewhat amused by the thought possibility of Armored Horse

Doesnt help that we DO have canon Armor horse

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

im somewhat amused by the thought possibility of Armored Horse

Doesnt help that we DO have canon Armor horse

It's not possible to have armored horses in Heroes because both armored and cavalry are strictly movement types, not generic attributes, making them mutually exclusive.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not possible to have armored horses in Heroes because both armored and cavalry are strictly movement types, not generic attributes, making them mutually exclusive.

Is there anything stopping them from making an "armorhorse" movement type with characteristics of both?

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is there anything stopping them from making an "armorhorse" movement type with characteristics of both?

Nothing other than the fact that it would be weird that the existing Great Knights aren't of that movement type.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Fallen Gunter seems like the cleanest option. He's mounted, and while he's never fought as a dragon like Garon, he could reasonably fight as a non-transforming cavalry dragon unit calling down Anankos over him, Grima-style. On that note, Grima is another possibility, perhaps with Robin as a Dark Knight. Now that we already have a male Grima in the regular summoning pool and a female Grima as a legendary hero, they might avoid making future Grimas in either of those hero types, but that still leaves the possibility of some sort of seasonal Grima. I don't know how they'd do that, especially since we've never had a seasonal villain so far, but they might. Perhaps on next year's Halloween banner.

You know, I was thinking of this a while back, and it’s probably the only realistic shot of not only a cavalry dragon, but also a form of Anankos. After that however, I’m completely drawing blanks for who else could be included as calvary dragons, so I think from there it’ll just be seasonal asspulls like Corrin or Ninian.

To not abuse the TT topic

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are FE games on portable consoles, y’know.

Yup, I know. In fact I've started to play Awakening last year, but stopped (to play on daily travel) because

1. I don't like to drag around two devices
  2. At work it feels a little strange to pull out a freaking gameboy, even in my break (I don't have breaks at fixed times)
  3. Playing without sound lessens the game-experience much more than in Heroes 
  4. Maps and story elements are much more time-consuming than in Heroes, where I could switch off the device any time. 

My current compromise is to emulate The Blazing Blade at FEH-void times (practically between TTs).

So, M!Morgan joins the list of red pity breakers searching for H!Myrrh, with Zelgius, Ayra and Brave Celica (you can add Sigurd from the free in the other halloween banner if you want). Why can’t I get a single red focus unit? T.T

Edit: at least they’re showing up at 3~3’5%

Edited by Javi Blizz

52 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, M!Morgan joins the list of red pity breakers searching for H!Myrrh, with Zelgius, Ayra and Brave Celica (you can add Sigurd from the free in the other halloween banner if you want). Why can’t I get a single red focus unit? T.T

Edit: at least they’re showing up at 3~3’5%

I wish you much luck on your October Red Hunt.

You know...IS is indirectly pulling their own version of "Hunt for Red Oktober?" Think of it, most wanted units so far this month are A)H!Myrrh, B)H!Nowi, and C)October's LH.