Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

50 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

That feeling when you actually want a Wrys so you can bequeath Live to Serve on your Halloween Mia to provide some sustain on TT+.

I gave her WoM as her b slot then gave her the live to serve SS.  It works very well in TT.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I had to switch laptops because some my other one's keys aren't working. I'll use the old one for gaming, but right now I'm using the laptop, that my grandfather used up until last year for work, for uni and other things. Feels good to use brackets again (oh yes)

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

At least there is no Mist in red.

Heh, I just got my first Mist myself courtesy of Land’s Bounty, except I actually wanted her. Too bad it spat her out as +Def/-Atk.

Speaking of the Falchions, I somehow managed to collect all of them (except Lucina!) off-focus. Why not Lucina, damn it?!

I lucked out with Lucina and got her as my free pull from her CYL VG banner last year. I’ve yet to see her (or Alm for that matter, who I got fairly easily from his original banner) again since though.

Edited by Tybrosion

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How is four-Falchion banner stupider than four-grey banner? And no, I was pulling for something else at that moment, don’t remember what exactly, though.

Pull rates for focus reds are lower than pull rates for other colored focus character due to the uneven distribution of characters. But not as bad as for a 6-character banner, if my memory serves.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Heh, I just got my first Mist myself courtesy of Land’s Bounty, except I actually wanted her. Too bad it spat her out as +Def/-Atk.

I lucked out with Lucina and got her as my free pull from her CYL VG banner last year. I’ve yet to see her (or Alm for that matter, who I got fairly easily from his original banner) again since though.

I do want her too, actually. But she doesn’t deserve being five-star-locked and has never deserved the honour. All three non-Ike heroes on that banner should have been demoted. And by this time, maybe even him, too.

I got a non-minus-Atk Lyn from the CYL banner but I was still trying for Lucina for as long as that banner lasted—I think…—but obviously no dice. The gacha can be petty.
At least I got a hot fire sister today, and she’s even Spd/HP:
Screenshot_20181016-123905.png

This is technically the wrong hot fire sister but oh well, what can do.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pull rates for focus reds are lower than pull rates for other colored focus character due to the uneven distribution of characters. But not as bad as for a 6-character banner, if my memory serves.

Aren’t these differences fractions of percentage points, and basically negligible unless on a statistically noticable scale? Like, blue whale-grade scale?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do want her too, actually. But she doesn’t deserve being five-star-locked and has never deserved the honour.

Yeah, I don’t argue that and I don’t think anyone else does. And nice Laevatein, I got treated to colorless hell (three 3*s) in my last summon.

Also, I forgot that I did get Lucina off-focus back on Dauntless Crimeans. I’m pretty sure that was my last one.

This is technically the wrong hot fire sister but oh well, what can do.

Actually, I will trade you my 5*+5 Rebecca for your Laevatein. My Rebecca is [+Spd, -HP] too. I will even throw in my 3* [+Spd, -Def] copy to sweeten the deal if you want to change her nature. I want [+Atk, -HP] on Laevatein since I am running Distant Counter Vantage on her, but +Spd is the next best thing, so I can give her a separate build instead of merging her.  Outside of the one neutral copy I have of her, the rest of her copies that I have are all +HP.

I want trading in this game already.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Aren’t these differences fractions of percentage points, and basically negligible unless on a statistically noticable scale? Like, blue whale-grade scale?

You'll only notice it if you pull a lot, but that doesn't mean it hasn't affected you.

For example, a 3% chance over 10 tries is a 26% chance of getting at least one, but a 3.5% chance over 10 tries is a 30% chance.

Alm and Lucina had a base 2.5% pull rate each (including their chance from the standard 5-star pool) on the Heroes with Falchion banner compared to something like Laevatein and Laegjarn with a 3.2% pull rate each on Generals of Muspell or Helbindi with 5.4% on Generals of Muspell.

If you pull even a moderate number of times, the chances add up quickly.

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not really, although some more so than others.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/should-you-pull-lands-bounty-edition

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I don’t argue that and I don’t think anyone else does. And nice Laevatein, I got treated to colorless hell (three 3*s) in my last summon.

Also, I forgot that I did get Lucina off-focus back on Dauntless Crimeans. I’m pretty sure that was my last one.

that would be ... Mist, Elincia and who else? 
I haven't really gathered why Elincia is 5* (or Mist?) do they have awesome skills or something?

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Dauntless Crimeans banner was Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar.
Mist came half a year before on the banner with Ike, Soren, and Titania.

I haven't really gathered why Elincia is 5* (or Mist?) do they have awesome skills or something?

Elincia has a pfr Brave sword and exclusive Flier skill, Mist has nothing you can't get from a 3* unit or a free unit.

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Elincia was the first offensively oriented red flier and has a Brave Sword with exclusive-weapon Mt and built-in Speed +3. She's still one of the best red units in the game.

Mist is cute.

9 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Elincia has a pfr Brave sword and exclusive Flier skill, Mist has nothing you can't get from a 3* unit or a free unit.

Only monsters fodder off limited free units.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dauntless Crimeans banner was Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar.
Mist came half a year before on the banner with Ike, Soren, and Titania.

ahh. (and duh. Nephenee. i have her). 

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

then yah. i don't get why she's a 5* either. and she's not like a super healer or anything?

then yah. i don't get why she's a 5* either. and she's not like a super healer or anything?

Nope. Genny at least has Wrathful Staff as her excuse. Mist’s Spur Def/Res 2 used to be only available from her, but now 4* male Morgans can provide it.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only monsters fodder off limited free units.

So, what does that make someone who sent home all but one of his Lyons, who himself was foddered for Atk/Res +2? And while I’m still being totally except not hypothetical, it’s worth adding that this guy also foddered a Berkut for Ward Cavalry.

I'm at a point where I'm wondering if instead of demoting a new unit from a banner they should demote an older unit who is still 5* only. It would definitely piss off people and give the developers incentive to not do mass demotions every now and again and to have all new units be ridiculously strong since none of them will be demoted anytime soon.

We have so many 5* only units that because of powercreep and different design approaches, many of them aren't that great to summon.

Edited by Kaden

26 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm at a point where I'm wondering if instead of demoting a new unit from a banner they should demote an older unit who is still 5* only. It would definitely piss off people and give the developers incentive to not do mass demotions every now and again and to have all new units be ridiculously strong since none of them will be demoted anytime soon.

We have so many 5* only units that because of powercreep and different design approaches, many of them aren't that great to summon.

Shout out to Karel "Kinda budget Ayra" who is also a 5* so unless your a madman who makes specific IP squad set up or HP stacked HP special.set, Ayra is strictly better in every standpoint including the fact that she have an actual banner to pull from

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Shout out to Karel "Kinda budget Ayra" who is also a 5* so unless your a madman who makes specific IP squad set up or HP stacked HP special.set, Ayra is strictly better in every standpoint including the fact that she have an actual banner to pull from

lol i see that one a lot. 

for me, (even someone who has recently put in money into the game) wouldn't be that upset if they did demote some 5 stars. (or sort of do it as a mystery cycle/rando banner) like. okay this month boom. here's some 5* demotes, i'd think that would generate more sales because for people who save - what if Ishtar was demoted for that particular banner? so not only are you trying for the focus - you WANNA snipe blue to get the Demote Ishtar. (and still have to grind up to get her to 5* anyway). 

Lucina is 5 star cause of her popularity, though the falchion refine has helped her a lot.  Sword lyn is the same, again refine helped her.  Still I don't think they belong in the 5 star pool anymore.  However we are talking about decently performing sword infantry units still here.  What about Saber?  Ah shield pulse.  Ike?  Heavy Blade.  Okay.  What about Luke?  Panic ploy?  We have that as a seal and I don't think it is as valued or special as it once was.  

Mist...does she have anything worthwhile as fodder?  She is Ike's sister so popular, and yeah cute as a button.  However power and fodder wise she does not belong in the 5 star pool either.  

Actually if they just removed Luke and Mist that would make me a lot less scared of the colorless and red pools.  

Oh and Elincia is amazing...still.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

So, what does that make someone who sent home all but one of his Lyons, who himself was foddered for Atk/Res +2? And while I’m still being totally except not hypothetical, it’s worth adding that this guy also foddered a Berkut for Ward Cavalry.

Evil incarnate, perhaps.

I think Lyn staying 5* makes sense since she's still the only sword Lyn, and aside from the previous CYL free pull, all Lyns are exclusive to 5* summons. It's a bit different for Lucina, since her Masked Marth alt is basically the same and available to everyone. Ike also has a better case than Lyn, since his Legendary form is a pretty straightforward upgrade to his original and is permanently free. I don't really expect even Ike to drop, but I think Lucina might.

I'd say Luke, Mist, and Karel have some of the best cases for dropping, since they really bring nothing to the table.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Evil incarnate, perhaps.

In my defense, Berkut was foddered well before the Weapon refinery existed and before his lance became all the rage.

I don't regret what I did with the other overrated villain (the Lyons) though and will likely also send home any future copies of him.