Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

At least there is no Mist in red. 

I would exchange all my spare Rebeccas for one Mist. 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

At least I got a hot fire sister today, and she’s even Spd/HP:

Woa, cool ... erm hot. Would exchange all my Rebeccas for that. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

26 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

They need to drop Luke, Mist, and Saber~ How Mist and Luke have remained 5* locked this long is beyond me~

Bold and Underlined: Panic Ploy. Fire Boost is nothing, but being able to run Panic Ploy in the C slot would allow for things like multiple Armors/Dragons to run them on Arena Defense teams which no one wants. That being said, I'm all for more versatility, he's a terrible pitybreaker. Still that skill alone is likely IS' reasoning for for rarity stagnation.

Mist on the other hand? Yeah, no.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Bold and Underlined: Panic Ploy. Fire Boost is nothing, but being able to run Panic Ploy in the C slot would allow for things like multiple Armors/Dragons to run them on Arena Defense teams which no one wants. That being said, I'm all for more versatility, he's a terrible pitybreaker. Still that skill alone is likely IS' reasoning for for rarity stagnation.

I mean, I do know PP's the only thing keeping him from dropping but FFS, the day I get pitybroken by him is the day I throw my phone into a wall.

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I mean, I do know PP's the only thing keeping him from dropping but FFS, the day I get pitybroken by him is the day I throw my phone into a wall.

My phone is already broken, so there's that. Not because of Luke though. And he did pitybreaker, and at -ATK at that. I'm literally waiting to see if he'll get a refine because I would have foddered him forever ago. I remember when I thought Fire Boost was a good skill. lol. Almost put it on my Chrom instead of ATK/DEF Bond.

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I seriously have nightmares of Luke showing up, I am terrified of him.  Even if I get another red pity breaker that isn't great, or even a duplicate, I am relieved....at least it isn't Luke.  Imagine spending countless orbs getting your pity rate to 5%, 6% even more....and then it is finally broken by a Luke!  With bad IVs to rub salt in the wound!  Could you continue?  Could I continue?  Could anyone?  

Mist is bad, but being a healer with investment you can run razzle dazzle.  All healers can be made useful in various modes.  

The whole skill refinery idea in 3.0 is becoming more and more likely as new banners release. I thought I'd gather a few possible "hints" towards this and possible other stuff that could be included.

"Hints":
Celica's Death Blow 4 - I totally believe that IS included Death Blow 4 with Brave Celica as an early introduction to 300SP passives(not DC/CC) in the summoning pool, to get even more people to pull for her, knowing full well Death Blow 4 as well as similar skills to it would be introduced in a few months time.
Quan's Rally Spd/Def+ & Ophelia's Rally Up Atk - Outright powercreeping skills in such volume over a pretty short length of time raises alarm bells for me.
There may be more of them but these 3 are the main ones I can remember at the moment.

Ideas:
I could totally see them branching paths for Rallies, like Rally Single Stat assists can be evolved into Rally Up assists, but Rally Dual Stat assists can be evolved into Rally Dual Stat+ assists. The "+" at the end of Rally Spd/Def+ makes me think they may just make all Rally Dual Stat+ assists learnable at 5* by units that have the non "+" version, but that certainly won't happen for Death Blow 4 and other "4" skills which will come from it.
Movement assist need a SP cost boost if they want to be viable, so I could maybe see them giving each one a small Rally buff for the target unit after the action.
I'm pretty sure we won't get refinable specials but hey if it works I invite IS to do it.
"4" skills will probably the biggest change from this feature, skills like the Blows and Boosts will most likely get 4 versions, due to Death Blow 4 existing already, and Boost being generally overshadowed by Blows and Stances. 
I could see them allowing Defiant skills to be evolved into Brazens as well.
I could totally see more "4" and "+" skills from the B and C slots but I don't know which skills would work there.
The reason I excluded Stances from the "4" list is because I think they are a bit trickier to pin down, since they have recently started being made seals, and I doubt that 4 versions will come for any skills with seals, since having two "4" skills stacked on one set would be too good.
They could end up releasing exclusive passives for older units in a similar way to how they release new exclusive weapons on older units to make them more viable, or release a set passive to a group of units that all have a similar theme, such as making more Fates retainers more relevant by giving them a retainer themed passive for both Hoshido and Nohr, or give them to individual units such as S Drink or Crusader's Ward, releasing them in tandem with new weapons as the updates roll around.
As for currency, I fully expect another new currency to be used in tandem with Arena Medals, since they really should have a second purpose given we generally have a lot more of them compared to refining stones. I don't invite the residual currency mechanic that Divine Dew was made for but if they want to create another new currency which is used for exclusive passives after refining regular skills then go for it.

Knowing my luck this essay will probably end up being completely wrong when eventually 3.0 releases and there is no skill refinery and the "hinted" skills magically become available on units.

20 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Quan's Rally Spd/Def+ & Ophelia's Rally Up Atk - Outright powercreeping skills in such volume over a pretty short length of time raises alarm bells for me.

They've been adding a lot of buffing skills that help infantry reach the same level of buffs as other movement types without outright implementing Hone/Fortify Infantry. I think it's a good thing, especially because, in terms of pure performance, the basic Rally skills are significantly less desirable than movement Assist skills.

22 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Sheesh, at least the only Luke i have is 4*.

Had no idea he's so hated. Not that i use him anyway.

Luke doesn't exist at 4-star rarity.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Valter and Garon are both GHB characters with Panic Ploy, meaning anyone can get multiple extra copies of each of them. Garon even gets Panic Ploy 3 at 4*, unlike Luke. So I don't think that could possibly be an issue.

If any past characters drop from 5*, Luke will be one of them.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

Valter and Garon are both GHB characters with Panic Ploy, meaning anyone can get multiple extra copies of each of them. Garon even gets Panic Ploy 3 at 4*, unlike Luke. So I don't think that could possibly be an issue.

If any past characters drop from 5*, Luke will be one of them.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only monsters fodder off limited free units.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

My phone is already broken, so there's that. Not because of Luke though. And he did pitybreaker, and at -ATK at that. I'm literally waiting to see if he'll get a refine because I would have foddered him forever ago. I remember when I thought Fire Boost was a good skill. lol. Almost put it on my Chrom instead of ATK/DEF Bond.

I would have foddered him on the spot to literally anyone, TBH

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I seriously have nightmares of Luke showing up, I am terrified of him.  Even if I get another red pity breaker that isn't great, or even a duplicate, I am relieved....at least it isn't Luke.  Imagine spending countless orbs getting your pity rate to 5%, 6% even more....and then it is finally broken by a Luke!  With bad IVs to rub salt in the wound!  Could you continue?  Could I continue?  Could anyone?  

Mist is bad, but being a healer with investment you can run razzle dazzle.  All healers can be made useful in various modes.  

It would take all the willpower in the world to keep going after that. I would gladly take being broken by Mist before Luke

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

WHY CAN'T SEXY DRAUG PITYBREAK ME

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Whose a Luke? 
and what does Panic Ploy do?

A cavalier from Mystery Book 2 (actual FE3) and New Mystery (FE12, remake of Book 2). Panic Ploy turns positive buffs (blue numbers) into negative buffs (red numbers) (but not debuffs [still red numbers but different mechanically]) for all enemies directly to the top, bottom, left, or right of you if their HP is lower than yours at the start of your turn.

Freddy has a new toy courtesy of 4 star Dorcas!

G5fBXw3.png

Specifically Sturdy Stance. :3 He's also been playing with a different seal than usual too, and it's worked out well! Man I'm crazy in love with him. <3

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A cavalier from Mystery Book 2 (actual FE3) and New Mystery (FE12, remake of Book 2). Panic Ploy turns positive buffs (blue numbers) into negative buffs (red numbers) (but not debuffs [still red numbers but different mechanically]) for all enemies directly to the top, bottom, left, or right of you if their HP is lower than yours at the start of your turn.

thanks!!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy has a new toy courtesy of 4 star Dorcas!

G5fBXw3.png

Specifically Sturdy Stance. :3 He's also been playing with a different seal than usual too, and it's worked out well! Man I'm crazy in love with him. <3

I really have to work on my Freddybear. 
yours looks awesome. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

I really have to work on my Freddybear. 
yours looks awesome. 

Yeah, people really like getting to use him in gauntlets, so I try to have him as my lead as often as I can there. :)

Now I just want an enemy phase oriented prf for him to make him even more awesome.

Y’all can complain can complain about the Luke all you want. I’d take him over Saber and Gray though, especially the former. They’re just as bad if not worse than Luke in terms of what they bring to the table.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

9 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Y’all can complain can complain about the Luke all you want. I’d take him over Saber and Gray though, especially the former. They’re just as bad if not worse than Luke in terms of what they bring to the table.

And I’d take either of those two over the Eldigan I just got. That man is truly a SI black hole and has zero business being a 5* exclusive when his son is not.

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And I’d take either of those two over the Eldigan I just got. That man is truly a SI black hole and has zero business being a 5* exclusive when his son is not.

Tbf Ares is way too good. Did anyone ever have any argument for him being 4* beyond he dont have boobs and sword valor? 

Eldigan is still really good now and relatively cheaper to build than refinement units by 50 divine dew. Admitedly part of it is because of Ares release

46 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Tbf Ares is way too good. Did anyone ever have any argument for him being 4* beyond he dont have boobs and sword valor? 

Eldigan is still really good now and relatively cheaper to build than refinement units by 50 divine dew. Admitedly part of it is because of Ares release

Firestorm Dance, Safeguard, and "first non-Olivia sword dancer" are the other arguments.

59 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I personally find the immediate power from Mystletainn's additional stack of Fury to be more valuable than Special Spiral.