Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Still I don't think they belong in the 5 star pool anymore.

My asshole opinion is that all launch 5*-only units and up to around Brave Heroes or even further to Children of Fate do not belong in the 5* summoning pool or even the 4* to 5* summoning pool. Sure, some of them got new weapons, unique refinements, or have good stats, but many of them have underwhelming default skill sets because prior to the make everything busted as hell line of thought the developers have been having because who doesn't want powerful characters, especially their favorites, they decided to do weird things with characters where some of them make sense on paper like Odin's Defiant Atk would work with Blarblade if not for his low attack where knowing that they probably intended for to add in skill inheritance is even more baffling because for an offensive mage, anyone, but Odin would be a better user of his Blarblade. Or the fact Odin needs to be half dead for it to work which Odin can manage with his high bulk, but then Panic Ploy gets introduced and <= 50% HP thresholds are pretty harsh. Does not help that the more practical, but in-combat only Brazens were added that increase two stats by +7 and work at <= 80% HP. Anyway, and then you have stuff like Ephraim with Seal Def and Threaten Def which overlap or Oboro with Seal Def and Threaten Res where it works if she has a magic damage buddy, but isn't all that useful compared to having Spur Atk or something.

Gray, Luke, and Saber should drop. They don't really offer much as sword units when you have monsters like Ayra, witch and CYL Celica, Karla, Meisterhardt, Sigurd, Zelgius, etc. At least Karel has a stupid sword, Eldigan has access to two stupid swords even though Ares is 4* to 5* summonable, Ike and Ryoma have Distant Counter swords, and Alm and Lucina are Falchion users where Alm has Double Lion as his unique refine, but then again, Chrom and Marth are 3* to 4* summonable and masked Marth is a free, skill-less Lucina. Eldigan, Karel, and Lyn should probably drop to at least 4* to 5* summonable, though, if they were to be demoted.

Ephraim and Hinoka dropping would be nice. Ephraim's not that great for skill inheritance when you can get Moonbow from Athena, Odin, and Palla, but his access to unique refined Siegmund and Flame Siegmund makes him a very flexible unit. Hinoka's in a spot where you can get a lot of other lance fliers with similar stats to her leaving only her personal lance as her standout thing. Tana's in a similar boat, but she just gained the ability to refine her weapon. Can't see anyone else being demoted, especially Nephenee when she has Wrath.

Minerva should be demoted as a quality of life thing. If they're not going to introduce a new, regular summoning pool axe flier, then the least they could do is make it easier to get her. Gerome should have been summonable and we should have had a bunch of other axe fliers by now like Haar, Jill, or Percy. Can't see anyone else being demoted when Amelia has trainee BST and Hector is Hector with his Hector-patented Distant Counter.

Jaffar should drop if Sothe's 4* and 5* summonable, gives L&D3 as a 4* just like Jaffar if he were 4* summonable, and offensively, Sothe's 36/33 is much more appealing than Jaffar's 26/33. Jaffar is great for PvE, but he's the only 5*-locked colorless dagger unit in the regular summoning pool. You can summon everyone else at 4* or 3* depending on the character, but Jaffar is still 5*-locked.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

My asshole opinion is that all launch 5*-only units and up to around Brave Heroes or even further to Children of Fate do not belong in the 5* summoning pool or even the 4* to 5* summoning pool. Sure, some of them got new weapons, unique refinements, or have good stats, but many of them have underwhelming default skill sets because prior to the make everything busted as hell line of thought the developers have been having because who doesn't want powerful characters, especially their favorites, they decided to do weird things with characters where some of them make sense on paper like Odin's Defiant Atk would work with Blarblade if not for his low attack where knowing that they probably intended for to add in skill inheritance is even more baffling because for an offensive mage, anyone, but Odin would be a better user of his Blarblade. Or the fact Odin needs to be half dead for it to work which Odin can manage with his high bulk, but then Panic Ploy gets introduced and <= 50% HP thresholds are pretty harsh. Does not help that the more practical, but in-combat only Brazens were added that increase two stats by +7 and work at <= 80% HP. Anyway, and then you have stuff like Ephraim with Seal Def and Threaten Def which overlap or Oboro with Seal Def and Threaten Res where it works if she has a magic damage buddy, but isn't all that useful compared to having Spur Atk or something.

Gray, Luke, and Saber should drop. They don't really offer much as sword units when you have monsters like Ayra, witch and CYL Celica, Karla, Meisterhardt, Sigurd, Zelgius, etc. At least Karel has a stupid sword, Eldigan has access to two stupid swords even though Ares is 4* to 5* summonable, Ike and Ryoma have Distant Counter swords, and Alm and Lucina are Falchion users where Alm has Double Lion as his unique refine, but then again, Chrom and Marth are 3* to 4* summonable and masked Marth is a free, skill-less Lucina. Eldigan, Karel, and Lyn should probably drop to at least 4* to 5* summonable, though, if they were to be demoted.

Ephraim and Hinoka dropping would be nice. Ephraim's not that great for skill inheritance when you can get Moonbow from Athena, Odin, and Palla, but his access to unique refined Siegmund and Flame Siegmund makes him a very flexible unit. Hinoka's in a spot where you can get a lot of other lance fliers with similar stats to her leaving only her personal lance as her standout thing. Tana's in a similar boat, but she just gained the ability to refine her weapon. Can't see anyone else being demoted, especially Nephenee when she has Wrath.

Minerva should be demoted as a quality of life thing. If they're not going to introduce a new, regular summoning pool axe flier, then the least they could do is make it easier to get her. Gerome should have been summonable and we should have had a bunch of other axe fliers by now like Haar, Jill, or Percy. Can't see anyone else being demoted when Amelia has trainee BST and Hector is Hector with his Hector-patented Distant Counter.

Jaffar should drop if Sothe's 4* and 5* summonable, gives L&D3 as a 4* just like Jaffar if he were 4* summonable, and offensively, Sothe's 36/33 is much more appealing than Jaffar's 26/33. Jaffar is great for PvE, but he's the only 5*-locked colorless dagger unit in the regular summoning pool. You can summon everyone else at 4* or 3* depending on the character, but Jaffar is still 5*-locked.

Hinoka seems to be stuck on IS deciding Hone Flier should never drop for reasons. Hinoka currently is fairly competitive to Lance Flier since Hinoka Lance is lowkey very good(stats boost effect at base, giving her the equivalent of 39/36 offensive specs) but HF is definitely the only reason

What the hell is my 5-star luck even

I got two blue off-focuses within the past week, slightly more than a week or so. Perhaps I should've opened up that last blue orb and just spent the money to do so, but my pity percentage wasn't even that high.

@Kadenimho distant counter weapon infantry units dont warrant 5star exclusivity. Distant counter weapons are so much more inferior to refined personal weapons (or other weapons) running DC skill. I dont see why they should stay 5stars, they are just bad. I mean when is the last time you encountered Ike(Regular) Ryoma Dorcas etc? i didnt see them in months in Arena.

Ah, jeez. I just checked my new Mathilda's stats and she's +spd -HP. My current one is +atk -res. Is +spd better than +atk, or do I just stick with the current +atk one?

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

@Kadenimho distant counter weapon infantry units dont warrant 5star exclusivity. Distant counter weapons are so much more inferior to refined personal weapons (or other weapons) running DC skill. I dont see why they should stay 5stars, they are just bad. I mean when is the last time you encountered Ike(Regular) Ryoma Dorcas etc? i didnt see them in months in Arena.

Distant Counter on a weapon is generally worse than Distant Counter in the A slot, but Distant Counter on a weapon is still typically better than no Distant Counter at all. Hectors don't grow from trees.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Distant Counter on a weapon is generally worse than Distant Counter in the A slot, but Distant Counter on a weapon is still typically better than no Distant Counter at all. Hectors don't grow from trees.

Thats debatable. I have several units with no DC because its not their task to fight ranged units. They excell then far better on their assigned task. Heck i have Teams that dont run any DC at all and have no problem taking out ranged units.

In conclusion DC weapons are currently trash unless you have access to Boldfighter and Steady Breath in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I love the Herodex name xD

It's super convenient because pretty much anyone who plays video games (and speaks English) knows what a Pokédex is, so I can use the word "Herodex" in this game's context and everyone will know exactly what I'm talking about without ever needing to define or explain it.

It's great when brains work exactly how you want them to.

6 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Did we have to wait a day for the results during the last round of Heroic Feats?

According to the Twitter history, there was a 20-hour delay last time between when the round concluded and when we got the announcement that we succeeded.

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's super convenient because pretty much anyone who plays video games (and speaks English) knows what a Pokédex is, so I can use the word "Herodex" in this game's context and everyone will know exactly what I'm talking about without ever needing to define or explain it.

It's great when brains work exactly how you want them to.

So what happened if you put a Male Corrin and Female Corrin in a day care? 

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So what happened if you put a Male Corrin and Female Corrin in a day care? 

If they behave logically, you probably get another Corrin. If one of them holds the correct incense, you get Kana instead.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If they behave logically, you probably get another Corrin. If one of them holds the correct incense, you get Kana instead.

This tactic also works if we put Male Robin and Female Robin on the Day Care, with one of them holding a Ylissean Incense.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

I just noticed that there's a Forging Bonds just after the New Heroes. 

So the banner must be of 4 heroes not 3 like i have beem seeing in this Next Banner For threads. 

5 if the GHB is from the same game.

I believe since IS stopped to do GHB Banners, all GHB are related to the current new heroes banner.

Spoiler
  • Legion and Clarisse - Echoes of Mystery;
  • Berkut - Alm's Army and Celica's Army;
  • Valter - The Sacred World;
  • Arvis - World of Holy War;
  • Oliver - World of Dawn;
  • Lyon - Sacred Memories;
  • Fallen Takumi - Fallen Heroes;
  • Saias - World of Thracia;
  • Male Kana - Wings of Fate;
  • Julius - Genealogy;
  • Linus - Scattered Fangs;
  • Walhart - Ylissean Travelers;
  • Jamke - Doorway to Destiny;
  • Garon - Nohrian Dusk.

5 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I just noticed that there's a Forging Bonds just after the New Heroes. 

So the banner must be of 4 heroes not 3 like i have beem seeing in this Next Banner For threads. 

5 if the GHB is from the same game.

Yeah, it's become far more common for them to give us a total of 4 or 5 at a time when possible, either 3 on banner with TT and GHB, or 4 on a banner with either TT or GHB. Looking at the recent banners, we've gotten:

• Halloween '18: 4 banner, 1 TT
  • Muspell Banner: 3 banner (an outlier since this one was extremely unique in terms of characters)
  • Nohr Banner: 4 banner with FB, 1 GHB
  • Geneology Banner: 3 banner, 1 TT, 1 GHB
  • CYL2: 4 banner with FB (an outlier due to it being CYL)
  • Hoshidan Summer: 4 banner (did have a TT, but it was a revival of many old TT units)
  • Ylisse Banner: 4 banner with FB, 1 GHB 
  • Summer Banners: 4 banner for each 
  • Blazing Blade Banner: 3 banner, 1 TT, 1 GHB
  • Bridal Banner: 3 banner, 1 TT
  • Geneology Gen 2 banner: 3 banner, 1 GHB
  • Fates Banner: 3 banner, 1 GHB, and uniquely, 1 from Grand Conquest
  • Thracia Banner: 4 banner, 1 TT, 1 GHB

I could keep going but I think it's safe to say it's a trend at this point. When there's a normal banner, we can expect 5 new units coming-- definitely 4 on the banner itself if Forging Bonds is announced, or 3 if there's both a GHB and TT. If it's a seasonal or unique banner, we'll more likely see a total of 4 new units, either 3 on banner and 1 from TT, or just all 4 on the banner.

Adding Kaze to the game via Grand Conquests was a really nice touch, especially since they put him in the 3-4* pool after. Frankly, I think they should do this every single GC.

@Zeo Panic ploy isn't very frightening. Most people run Marth, drives and chills. Would be interesting to get a drive panic to reverse combat boosts . 

My arena team relies on Tactic skills and drives. If I run into panicers, usually I get around that. Never met a 4x panic team though. 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Panic ploy isn't very frightening. Most people run Marth, drives and chills. Would be interesting to get a drive panic to reverse combat boosts . 

My arena team relies on Tactic skills and drives. If I run into panicers, usually I get around that. Never met a 4x panic team though. 

Panic would be scarier of there was a Panic Smoke or something.

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Panic would be scarier of there was a Panic Smoke or something.

Well Panic Smoke exists on weapons (Spectral tome+, Monstrous bow, refined Legions Axe, Panic+ staff):

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Panic_(status_effect)

My hypothetical Drive Panic would apply like a Combat Boost in combat (not like Panic Ploy at the start of the turn) and reverse combat boosts like Drives. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My hypothetical Drive Panic would apply like a Combat Boost in combat (not like Panic Ploy at the start of the turn) and reverse combat boosts like Drives. 

Given that simply negating bonuses is considered strong enough to split the effect for melee and ranged opponents on separate skills and isn't a radial aura, I don't think a skill that reverses bonuses in combat in a radial aura will happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

My Arena team usually includes Panic Ploy and someone with two stat ploys. In the higher tiers, it's inevitable to see at least double rallies, which is incredibly easy to plan Panic Ploy around. Since Panic and other debuffs stack, you usually can get a good -8 to things like Spd and Def. I've been able to do otherwise impossible things like have my -Spd Fjorm counterkill Windsweep enemies thanks to Ploys.

Edited by Johann