Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Given that simply negating bonuses is considered strong enough to split the effect for melee and ranged opponents on separate skills and isn't a radial aura, I don't think a skill that reverses bonuses in combat in a radial aura will happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

I was thinking of negating boosts in cardinal directions, just like ploys. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Is water/windsweep useful outside very niche situations? 

Should IS just remove the doubling restriction so it's more useful?

Or should the skill lay forgotten and tough luck for the like 3 units who have it?

It's very useful for being a dick on an Arena defense team, especially higher up in the Arena where you can expect enough opponents to be running mostly slow armors.

It's also fairly good for the AI to use on challenge maps due to their overwhelming stat advantages in higher difficulty levels.

Daggers and other non-staff debuffers have a decent reason to use the skill, but that's still a fairly niche application.

Basically, Windsweep and Watersweep are way better in the AI's hands.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Is water/windsweep useful outside very niche situations? 

Should IS just remove the doubling restriction so it's more useful?

Or should the skill lay forgotten and tough luck for the like 3 units who have it?

More useful in Arena anywhere else, surely, and I think we'd see them used to greater potential if more people had regular access to them. What makes them become better, generally, is when new skills are introduced that synergize well with them.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My guess is sometime late next month like last year. So that the news can't be already be read for the November calendar.

Aren't we supposed to get new Heroes before then, so we'd need another story chapter?  Unless they just release them with a Paralogue, but the last time we got non-special units in a Paralogue was over a year ago with the first FE4 banner.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Aren't we supposed to get new Heroes before then, so we'd need another story chapter?  Unless they just release them with a Paralogue, but the last time we got non-special units in a Paralogue was over a year ago with the first FE4 banner.

My guess it's a paralogue, or an intermission to pad out time.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

We got Berkut. Next reward will be Marisa and it just requires people use infantry units 60,000,000 times. Pretty easy. Actually psyched for this one since I can add another merge to best Sacred Stones girl. <3

7 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Actually psyched for this one since I can add another merge to best Sacred Stones girl. <3

>best Sacred Stones girl
>not Lute or Syrene
why even live

Anyway, this sure is an interesting way to give additional copies to limited units. Also it slashes my expectations to get fodder from all across the triangle.

Now merges for the trio when?

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

IT HAPPENED

The perfect buff-bot, congrats! 

50 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

MARISA!!!

I knew you'd merge her in a second. Hopefully we'll get copies of her faster now.  

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

>best Sacred Stones girl
>not Lute or Syrene
why even live

Nah, you can do even better than them:

Spoiler

Ukx0jkz.png

I’m not sure how I’ve pulled her off-focus five times up to this point, but I’m certainly not complaining.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The perfect buff-bot, congrats! 

It makes me so angry that actual favourite of so many got reduced to nothing but buffbots. The bonus kill system for the arena was the worst change that has happened to this game and not much is going to top it in quite a while. Babysitter meta is so sad.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, you can do even better than them:

Tana is a good girl indeed, solid #3 or #4 depending on whether Eirika goes to #4 or #3.

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tana is a good girl indeed, solid #3 or #4 depending on whether Eirika goes to #4 or #3.

Meanwhile, the only good thing I could find in Eirika was that nifty Swift Sparrow that Tana is wearing.

How many you actually agree with this complaint?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9ot9zh/my_rant_about_the_state_of_the_game/

I only agree with 1  & 5

I don't care about content, but if the game is going to survive it needs better new features.

We are not lacking in orbs at all

I understand the 5* syndrome complaint, but I figure it would just be better to get more 4* units to have them instead.

Arena Scoring, needs to improve for sure I just don't care about it. There are other features that needs improvement.

I still don't care about the alts complaint. There's too many double standards & selective obliviousness regarding the subject. Let me know when people get piss at the idea of Seliph having a 5th alt. Or Ike for that matter.

I don't care about male ratio whatsoever

Edited by Zangetsu

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It makes me so angry that actual favourite of so many got reduced to nothing but buffbots. The bonus kill system for the arena was the worst change that has happened to this game and not much is going to top it in quite a while. Babysitter meta is so sad.

Isn't Heroes all about memes and stereotypes?

Well, that and killing dragons are his strengths. I could use that guy in arena, even if the new system is far from being perfect. Merged Martha instead because I like her and it was cheaper. 

Can't say anything about Marths character, never played his games, but I like his groom variant. 

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't care about content, but if the game is going to survive it needs better new features.

I do care about content. Gameplay-wise and story-wise. I'm sad Heroes' story is paper-thin. 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I do care about content. Gameplay-wise and story-wise. I'm sad Heroes' story is paper-thin. 

It's not like the idea of exploring the world of Zenith (or whatever it's called) would be the worst thing ever, but I rather IS's writing team focus on Three Houses. Of course, I'm not sure why they can't just focus on both either but what would I know?

Well, another BHB completed in a matter of, what, 15 minutes?

I used flier emblem for this one, switching out my -spd summer Corrin for summer Takumi on the higher levels. Again, I feel like we need more content than just the occasional BHB or GHB map that can be easily completed within an hour.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It's not like the idea of exploring the world of Zenith (or whatever it's called) would be the worst thing ever, but I rather IS's writing team focus on Three Houses. Of course, I'm not sure why they can't just focus on both either but what would I know?

I don't think you would need a full team to improve Heroes' writing. 

Or they could implement 'lite' versions of older games as DLC.