Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Wo which units do benefit from Owains new Special? Its meant for Enemy phase units or playerphase units that have less then 40(50) DEF or RES to rely on specials like bonfire/iceberg, or have high movement in the form of Flyer Formation and dont want to use Aether as the 500 SP Scoring skill etc.? Basicly anyone that wants to optimize for Arena but doesnt want healing involved in their specials (Depseration users) and want more attack.

Anna is definitly a contestant for that skill due to her Noatun
Odin himself can run this special and it would help him

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Maybe. I dunno. Glimmer Bladetome without cooldown penalty is already quite good

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Wo which units do benefit from Owains new Special? Its meant for Enemy phase units or playerphase units that have less then 40(50) DEF or RES to rely on specials like bonfire/iceberg, or have high movement in the form of Flyer Formation and dont want to use Aether as the 500 SP Scoring skill etc.? Basicly anyone that wants to optimize for Arena but doesnt want healing involved in their specials (Depseration users) and want more attack.

Pure enemy-phase units that use Bonfire or Iceberg and won't hit 50 Def/Res.

Pure enemy-phase units that use Luna or Draconic Aura.

Player-phase units that teleport to attack.

Player-phase units that you can be reasonably sure will be adjacent to an ally when attacking (i.e. you're really good at predicting the AI's movements).

For a unit that I never specifically pulled for, BH!Lyn sure shows up quite a bit despite not having a colorless focus unit on the banner. She's currently beating Reinhardt in merge levels and I pull blue more often than I do colorless.

Edited by Flying Shogi

22 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Eh, I always thought most GC maps weren't that great since cavalry or flier teams seems to be the way to go unless infantry units got bonus effects. Putting breakable objects in the way just makes things more annoying and I hate having to waste attacks breaking them due to being turn limitations.

Also hi @Alexmender I guess we are on the same team in GC or at least I am sure this is you since I don't know anyone else with that name who uses a +10 Eirika wearing red glasses.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2018-10-22-15-23-30.thumb.png.3dfdccd32892208aa71945d11e8a6f11.png

Hi! Sorry for the late reply College is killing me Yup, that's my dear Eirika always at the top of the castle except for VG.

I saw your Kaze at the end of the round. He's pretty cool! Quad debuffs is a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Hi! Sorry for the late reply College is killing me Yup, that's my dear Eirika always at the top of the castle except for VG.

I saw your Kaze at the end of the round. He's pretty cool! Quad debuffs is a lot of fun.

Yeah, I decided to set my lead with a unit who could lower multiple stats because debuffing enemies seems very useful in a mode like GC.

I've found a map that I like with cavalry units in GC and I'm running it into the ground. My team must hate me for gathering so many points so quickly and too early, but I wanna get this done so I can forget about it xD 

Up to Tier 23 with 200k points in the round alone. The 2nd rank person is less than half where I am... I know this will change, but it's cool to be #1 for a little while.

:( that feeling you get when you realised that you've sent home or foddered off all the neutral F2P units. like Donnel, Olivia, Felicia. 
(except for F!Robin. who will probably be sacrificed eventually). and all the F2P guides require the neutral F2P units. whomp whomp. 

(however. you can still figure some things out. so that's not too bad). but still. 

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

:( that feeling you get when you realised that you've sent home or foddered off all the neutral F2P units. like Donnel, Olivia, Felicia. 
(except for F!Robin. who will probably be sacrificed eventually). and all the F2P guides require the neutral F2P units. whomp whomp. 

(however. you can still figure some things out. so that's not too bad). but still. 

Once you have units that fill different roles, your choice of units should be able to clear most, if not all, of the content without the need of a guide. It took a little while for me to get there but once I got there, I have consistently been able to clear Lunatic/Infernal level content by myself. 

1 minute ago, Flying Shogi said:

Once you have units that fill different roles, your choice of units should be able to clear most, if not all, of the content without the need of a guide. It took a little while for me to get there but once I got there, I have consistently been able to clear Lunatic/Infernal level content by myself. 

I hope so. :)
like I've started clearing some Lunatic ones by myself and I am really happy about that. but some Infernal I have no idea what to do. (or sometimes i use the technique - but i have to improvise because of the different units. that's always scary-fun!)

5* Nanna showed up in my first summoning session for the new banner and then 5* Leif on my third summoning session. That Reinhardt, the only blue orb of the third summoning session, was an omen. Leif's +Atk, -HP and Nanna's +Def, -HP for those wondering, Also, 4* Silas showed up and as +Def, -Res, so that's one less 3* to 4* summonable unit I haven't gotten yet. I think Silvia is the only one I haven't summoned yet, but I might be forgetting some others.

Aversa's going to be promoted to 5* when her GHB lands, but I'd like more feathers than I have now. I have just enough to 5* anyone of my choosing and Aversa being my second ranged flier would be a no-brainer. They really need to make limited units easier to get merges for. There's so many good GHB and TT units along with the Askr trio that either just want the extra stats from being +10 or getting them to +10 just makes them way better like Arvis, Julius, and Saias become much more bulkier and would probably be able to ploy abyssal stat inflated units easily. +10 Alfonse would be stupid with his refined Folkvangr and even more so as a bonus unit. +10 Alfonse with a resistance refined Folkvangr would have 52/55/29/36/30. With refined Folkvangr's Brazen Atk/Def and a Brazen Atk/Res seal, he'd hit 69 attack and 43/37 defenses.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I hope so. :)
like I've started clearing some Lunatic ones by myself and I am really happy about that. but some Infernal I have no idea what to do. (or sometimes i use the technique - but i have to improvise because of the different units. that's always scary-fun!)

That's a good start. I stopped playing for about 3 months so it was hard for me to clear Lunatic level GHB maps and even regular story maps so the fact that you can do Lunatic level content is a good sign. 

It took some getting use to clearing Infernal level GHB maps but that became manageable as I built more teams and gave them merges. Of course, merges are not needed as shown by guides but it's nice to have options.

@Kaden I've already given into the thought that Nanna will show up as an off focus 5*. I just know it. It's going to happen.

Edited by Flying Shogi

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

Blue Flame is rare enough (unless Odin demotes) that I feel like you'd still just slap Aether on everyone for scoring purposes, at least for the people who can't run a good Galeforce build.

Regarding when it's optimal---it's, in short, bad units. Special damage is based on the unit's Stat Spread, even Luna relies on the unit having enough Atk to actually damage the guy---a 25 damage Luna sounds nice, but it sounds a lot nicer if you had the 60 Atk or so to actually kill the guy with 4 brave hits, one special proc. This is mostly people like Setsuna who overvalued Spd, or Azura who's so good at supporting that the team often doesn't bother/need to support her back, meaning their special procs are pretty terrible.

I'd say it's 'best' on ranged brave users with high speed but atk troubles, like Setsuna or Olwen, in the sense that they benefit the most from the skill.

On the other hand, the strongest sets with Blue Flame are basically the Blue Flame sets on units that don't care whether they have Blue Flame or not---Reinhardt will almost never care whether he has Blue Flame or Luna, but Reinhardt with Blue Flame is still better than Olwen with Blue Flame because he's better at killing things and a lot better at not dying. This is especially true given Blue Flame's positioning requirement---Reinhardt can afford to charge in alone to kill someone since he doesn't rely on Blue Flame to kill people, but Olwen probably does.

People like Olwen get more from Blue Flame, but people like Reinhardt start better, basically. And usually the Reinhardt-esque units are sufficiently better than a single skill doesn't really change anything in terms of who's better to bring.

Not saying Blue Flame is bad, mind, you don't need to bother inheriting out of Blue Flame if you had it already. On the other hand, you don't need to bother inheriting into it either.

I just got Owain, and I'm wondering, when do you think IS will implement Dark Blessings? I've tried a Fire Blessing, but it doesn't accurately represent the deep crevasse that smoulders within him.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

That's a good start. I stopped playing for about 3 months so it was hard for me to clear Lunatic level GHB maps and even regular story maps so the fact that you can do Lunatic level content is a good sign. 

It took some getting use to clearing Infernal level GHB maps but that became manageable as I built more teams and gave them merges. Of course, merges are not needed as shown by guides but it's nice to have options.

@Kaden I've already given into the thought that Nanna will show up as an off focus 5*. I just know it. It's going to happen.

yah, i stopped playing for a while because I couldn't even do some of the hard ones and I just felt it was so... not fun. there are a lot of things I still can't do (like.. the gardens and stuff? nope). now that i have some armour units, with the hard-mode, i basically just go.. okay Tiki/Hardin, take the hits lmao I'll heal you in a bit! (this sometimes works with Infernal too. I don't even have that many sacred seals. I am really scared to use a lot of my resources, so i just did the ones that kinda made sense or didn't need that much refining) but now that I can do stuff (barely hanging on for dear life)... i'll take it. I think i just need some more units, or more skills or just a bit more thinking ;) whatever comes first.

and this is true. like it's just about the skills, and just.. thinking. I will fully admit my go to move in any video game is ATTACK. so i don't think to do chip damage, or like remember to reposition, or try to set up skills. i just.. attack, and hope i don't die. 

thanks for the support!

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

People like Olwen get more from Blue Flame,

You don't get anything out of Blue Flame if you don't satisfy the positioning requirement. Luna is strictly better if you never satisfy it because virtually everything has more than 20 of both Def and Res (and those that don't die horribly regardless of the Special damage). Something that does a million damage zero percent of the time doesn't ever do that amazing million damage.

Blue Flame is utter shit for Olwen unless you're very meticulous about your positioning.

It's unusual for a turn-based strategy to require careful positioning

Olwen is a cavalry unit with a Brave Weapon and high speed, she does well with a Hone Cavalry partner adjacent to her whenever possible.

Amusingly enough, the Lunatic paralogue Aversa seems to be bugged. Both Hard chain challenges of the paralogue feature Aversa wielding Aversa’s Night, whereas the tome never appears even in the Lunatic chain challenges.

It would have made sense that she would have had her actual tome on Lunatic but she doesn’t have it in the paralogue or the chain challenges. Why are Hard chain challenges so special?

/thinking

So, Book 3 is starting soon, and we seem to be finished getting non-OCs for Book 2. So I decided to tally up all the characters from past FE games newly added to Heroes over the course of Book 2.

1. Siegbert
  2. Shiro
  3. Soleil
  4. Rhajat
  5. Micaiah
  6. Sothe
  7. Oliver
  8. Myrrh
  9. L'Arachel
  10. Lyon
  11. Marisa
  12. Hardin
  13. Grima
  14. Morgan (Female)
  15. Morgan (Male)
  16. Gerome
  17. Leif
  18. Nanna
  19. Finn
  20. Saias
  21. Kana (Female)
  22. Kana (Male)
  23. Kaze
  24. Ishtar
  25. Lene
  26. Ares
  27. Julius
  28. Karla
  29. Legault
  30. Linus
  31. Canas
  32. Noire
  33. Sumia
  34. Maribelle
  35. Libra
  36. Walhart
  37. Jamke
  38. Quan
  39. Lewyn
  40. Silvia
  41. Ethlin
  42. Flora
  43. Ophelia
  44. Nina
  45. Silas
  46. Garon
  47. Owain
  48. Kliff
  49. Aversa

Playing CCs currently, I noticed Aversa's Night could become handy in GC. Every unit with low HP (either frail units or injured units) will get a massive debuff and panic'ed. I wish the HP+ seal would give 20 instead of 5 HP.