Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I wish the HP+ seal would give 20 instead of 5 HP. 

Maybe that will be a Tier 4 skill with 500 SP.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe that will be a Tier 4 skill with 500 SP.

That would be nice. I wonder when level 4 skills will be available for seals. 

Fortress DEF/RES 3 could have been level 4 (or even 5) for Fortress RES (and DEF), but the chain looks like this

Fortress Def 1 Grants Def+3.
Inflicts Atk-3.
40 2 A
Fort. Def/Res 1 Grants Def/Res+3.
Inflicts Atk-3.
100 3
Fort. Def/Res 2 Grants Def/Res+4.
Inflicts Atk-3.
200 4
Fort. Def/Res 3 Grants Def/Res+6.
Inflicts Atk-2.
300 5

Unsurprisingly enough Owain performs on par with Lon'qu. Also, Saggitae is overhyped. Kliff's best set is basically Odin's (Blarblade, CC, QR, Close Defense), but he's a rich man's Odin that scores better. Odin performs slightly better due to Glimmer having no CD penalty

Edited by silveraura25

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Unsurprisingly enough Owain performs on par with Lon'qu. Also, Saggitae is overhyped. Kliff's best set is basically Odin's (Blarblade, CC, QR, Close Defense), but he's a rich man's Odin that scores better. Odin performs slightly better due to Glimmer having no CD penalty

So if i got this right, any mage's best book is still a bladetome, unless you are using a build to debuff the enemy like with Aversa/Saias/Arvis?

20 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

So if i got this right, any mage's best book is still a bladetome, unless you are using a build to debuff the enemy like with Aversa/Saias/Arvis?

Speaking from a arena perspective, the thing with bladetomes is that you have to have bulk and a decent amount of speed to run it. If you have shit bulk or speed then you're better off running owltomes. Desperation isn't the best on paper units because you'll very likely die in one hit. Fury patches this somewhat, but you're losing same color match-ups still

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Desperation isn't the best on paper units because you'll very likely die in one hit.

Rauđr/Blár/Gronnsweep when?

Finally got around to doing the Blessed Gardens. Ran out of stamina so I'll have to wait a little bit until I can do the last map of the fire garden. It's somewhat fun trying to clear maps with limited options but I noticed that I don't have enough melee units for wind blessings because I only have Gunnthra as my wind LH. Might actually pull on a legendary banner since I want LH!Lucina and a better nature Gunnthra.

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe we'll be seeing a Sacred Stones banner next since Joshua gets namedropped in the last tempest trial. 

Too bad none of the Tellian or FE6 folks got namedropped. Then again, not like it ever mattered.

40 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe we'll be seeing a Sacred Stones banner next since Joshua gets namedropped in the last tempest trial. 

I'd be surprised. I don't think FE8 is one of the games most in need of more attention right now.

I'm pretty confident the next banner will start Book 3 and introduce beast units, which would mean something from Tellius/Awakening/Fates. We've gotten Awakening and Conquest banners recently, so I think the most likely candidates are Telllius or Birthright. Probably both over the course of the next few months (before CYL3), but I'm not sure which would be first. Hopefully Tellius?

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You don't get anything out of Blue Flame if you don't satisfy the positioning requirement. Luna is strictly better if you never satisfy it because virtually everything has more than 20 of both Def and Res (and those that don't die horribly regardless of the Special damage). Something that does a million damage zero percent of the time doesn't ever do that amazing million damage.

Blue Flame is utter shit for Olwen unless you're very meticulous about your positioning.

I said Olwen rather than, say, Olivia for a reason---good mobility & the easier positioning from being ranged means the positioning requirement for Blue Flame is easier to meet. The main problem I have with it is that you don't have to have the combination of good mobility, good positioning, and bad combat when you can have good mobility, good positioning, and good combat instead.

And regarding Blue Flame being worse than Luna when you fail the positioning requirement---the problem is that you can't choose to only have Blue Flame only when you fulfill the requirement, and Luna other times. So it's more like, say, -5/+10 vs. 30 Def/Res, when you fail or succeed in the positioning, which isn't too bad for people like Olwen who'll probably succeed more than they fail. (Mind, I'm speaking from personal experience with using Ally Support Spurs on Rein & Horse Lyn here, maybe other people have more trouble.)

20 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

And regarding Blue Flame being worse than Luna when you fail the positioning requirement---the problem is that you can't choose to only have Blue Flame only when you fulfill the requirement, and Luna other times.

You don't have to. Having Luna all the time is superior to not being able to consistently satisfy Blue Flame's positioning requirement.

The units that use Blue Flame the best are not the ones that need the damage output, but the ones that can consistently satisfy the positioning requirement.

23 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I said Olwen rather than, say, Olivia for a reason---good mobility & the easier positioning from being ranged means the positioning requirement for Blue Flame is easier to meet.

No, it isn't. Good mobility means that you can position yourself relative to the enemy more easily, but does not significantly improve how well you can position yourself relative to your allies in the middle of your player phase. If you want to satisfy the positioning requirement without sacrificing allies' actions, you need the ability to predict where the opponent will move, not more mobility for your own units.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Or maybe it was just a simple callback to the Farfetched Heroes TT and nothing more.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or maybe it was just a simple callback to the Farfetched Heroes TT and nothing more.

Obviously. Why go for something unnecessarily convoluted when the actual reason is infinitely more transparent?

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I think Celica (Ragnarok is pretty self explanatory), Ophelia (sure it's mainly a turn one thing but add the special reduction plus special spiral and it's pretty amazing), and both Micaiahs (that armor and cavalry effectiveness is much more useful for her given her low speed) at the very least beg to differ

i am slowly making my way through the infantry only orb quest in the 10th training level. (I guess they expect you to use this more vs. the special maps). 
and then you have to do armour - this might be tough for me, but i have some so i can try. 
calvary might be touch and go, and I think flying is a no go. 
and i just realised. we need a Calvary dancer/singer.that would be awesome. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i am slowly making my way through the infantry only orb quest in the 10th training level. (I guess they expect you to use this more vs. the special maps). 
and then you have to do armour - this might be tough for me, but i have some so i can try. 

Since you can check the map before entering, and refresh it to get different enemies, even your weaker line-ups should be ok as long as you pick fights they have an advantage on. My own fliers are mostly mediocre, so I sometimes look for easy match-ups (such as making sure there aren't any archers).

Also once you get Aversa tomorrow, you'd probably have a much easier time if she's trained up.

The introduction of Blue Flame, a new, non-healing special, being inheritable made me think of something. How would people feel about upgrades to Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl and Pavise/Aegis? So, the 2 cooldown ones reduce damage by 50%, from 30%, now and the 3 cooldown ones reduce damage by 80%, from 50%. Perhaps they could also do something like Sacred Cowl and Aegis reduce consecutive ranged attacks instead of a damage reduction upgrade.

80% melee damage reduction on Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven would be ridiculous while 50% melee damage reduction, 2 cooldown special means they don't have to run Flashing/Heavy Blade to make sure they can charge it. Shield Pulse would still be necessary for further damage mitigation and having it charged at the start of turn 1, but they could choose a different B passive if they wanted.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Since you can check the map before entering, and refresh it to get different enemies, even your weaker line-ups should be ok as long as you pick fights they have an advantage on. My own fliers are mostly mediocre, so I sometimes look for easy match-ups (such as making sure there aren't any archers).

Also once you get Aversa tomorrow, you'd probably have a much easier time if she's trained up.

hmm. true. well this is if i can get Aversa. (I hope i can!) :)
i'm trying to think off the top off my head. I do have a 40 Silver Camilla, Flying Nino, Minerva and Cordelia. so i should be okay. 
(oi. i need a +atk Caeda. or better. Flying Olivia and Elincia) :D

that's what I've been doing for my infantry I've been running a 
Axezura/Hosh!Micaiah/Jaffar/????? unit. (Usually Lewyn). 
Jaffar weakens them, and Lewyn smokes them, dance, repeat. sometimes Lewyn is Ishtar. for some swords, i might use Karla. sometimes i forget i have her).

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The introduction of Blue Flame, a new, non-healing special, being inheritable made me think of something. How would people feel about upgrades to Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl and Pavise/Aegis? So, the 2 cooldown ones reduce damage by 50%, from 30%, now and the 3 cooldown ones reduce damage by 80%, from 50%. Perhaps they could also do something like Sacred Cowl and Aegis reduce consecutive ranged attacks instead of a damage reduction upgrade.

80% melee damage reduction on Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven would be ridiculous while 50% melee damage reduction, 2 cooldown special means they don't have to run Flashing/Heavy Blade to make sure they can charge it. Shield Pulse would still be necessary for further damage mitigation and having it charged at the start of turn 1, but they could choose a different B passive if they wanted.

Would that also need Fjorm's ice mirror to be improved also, to make her more tanky?

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Would that also need Fjorm's ice mirror to be improved also, to make her more tanky?

Probably not since Ice Mirror reduces and adds the damage reduced to Fjorm's attack from ranged units. So, it acts as a defensive-offensive special. The current line of defensive specials only reduce damage and usually it's not enough to make people want to use them over offensive specials outside of edge cases of Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven. Now, if a stronger 50% damage reduction, inheritable Sacred Cowl was introduced and it added reduced damage to the unit's attack, then Fjorm's Ice Mirror is screwed where they probably won't change it. The Daylight, Night Sky, and AoE specials had their cooldown reduced, but I feel like that was a special case and if anything, I could see them wanting people spend money to "upgrade" Ice Mirror. If it wasn't inheritable, then Ice Mirror is also screwed as it would be objectively worse than it, but it would be locked to a different unit, so there's that.

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and i just realised. we need a Calvary dancer/singer.that would be awesome. 

I'm falling behind on this month's training quests. May not even be able to do it. Half because lack of time, half for boredom of the gamemode.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I can see them reducing cooldowns for improved versions, but not increasing numbers. It's easier to balance reduced cooldowns than to balance huge numbers.

If anything, I think we're more likely to get a 500-SP 2-cooldown skill with 30% damage reduction against both melee and range.

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Surprised myself by beating the first 2 maps for the new Water Garden. Then flopped the last because I realized I have like no Greens with Water Blessing.

Guess it's about that time to train up that Soren~

Soren Power!!!