Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Getting tier 25 is easy.  Choose hardest Infernal every time, and always put Aversa in your squad near top.  She will panic and -3 to all stats to like 99% of enemies.  It made it so so much easier, few friends with +10 units but most of my units are no merge.  Forget about should I spend 20k feathers to promote Aversa cause I need a red flying mage.  She is by far the best unit you can bring to Grand Conquest, I was actually taking enemy bases at times, and always took at least one enemy fort.  Whereas before holding even was mostly all I can do and that was a very brain busting challenge.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well, by GC being easy with a offensive team I meant more stuff like this:

Spoiler

wXLa7ql.png

I doubt it was the highest scoring map (maps with more forts might score more), but it looked like the map that would take the most time to clear.

It's that weird ass map right above Alfonse's spawn location, where the enemy fort starts like 4 tiles below yours, but it's surrounded completely by indestructible walls except on the very bottom of the map. (There's a line of breakable walls on top of the line of indestructible walls, though, if you felt like using up turns to snipe inside---you could even kill the main camp this way, but I didn't bother since I wanted to take the 2 camps outside as well.)

In retrospect I should've taken a screenshot of the map, it's honestly pretty weird.

From memory it looked something like this: Green's our main base, Red's theirs, light green is our secondary camp, and the 2 pinks are their secondary camps. If you had more time it'd be trivial to first take the 2 pinks and then snipe the red from above---breaking the line of destructible blocks---but I cleared it the 'normal' way. That is, I marched my units all the way around the map, taking the 2 forts, and then shoved everyone inside the yellow walls to get the remaining kills + cap the red.

p4yCRch.png

57 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe and by maybe, I mean yes. What I do know is that Kliff is having none of this shit. What a guy.

I'd expect nothing less from the Villager Ablaze!

I just trained up a 5* Aversa, do we really deserve this for free? So far I inherited to her from a 3* Fae a Renewal 2 and a Draw Back. Talk about great budget option.

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

I just trained up a 5* Aversa, do we really deserve this for free? So far I inherited to her from a 3* Fae a Renewal 2 and a Draw Back. Talk about great budget option.

Not every free unit must be a Canas.

Forging bonds intro was a yikes until the part with Owain and Kliff. The hero pandering harem anime style is getting really annoying. At least there is always the possibility of skipping the non Owain and Kliff convos.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, by GC being easy with a offensive team I meant more stuff like this:

Reveal hidden contents

wXLa7ql.png

I doubt it was the highest scoring map (maps with more forts might score more), but it looked like the map that would take the most time to clear.

It's that weird ass map right above Alfonse's spawn location, where the enemy fort starts like 4 tiles below yours, but it's surrounded completely by indestructible walls except on the very bottom of the map. (There's a line of breakable walls on top of the line of indestructible walls, though, if you felt like using up turns to snipe inside---you could even kill the main camp this way, but I didn't bother since I wanted to take the 2 camps outside as well.)

In retrospect I should've taken a screenshot of the map, it's honestly pretty weird.

From memory it looked something like this: Green's our main base, Red's theirs, light green is our secondary camp, and the 2 pinks are their secondary camps. If you had more time it'd be trivial to first take the 2 pinks and then snipe the red from above---breaking the line of destructible blocks---but I cleared it the 'normal' way. That is, I marched my units all the way around the map, taking the 2 forts, and then shoved everyone inside the yellow walls to get the remaining kills + cap the red.

p4yCRch.png

That map was certainly unique, but it wasn't bad to play on since you could immediately strike a few units from the start, and safely bait most others.

I think the most absurd looking map is probably this one:

gcmap1.thumb.jpg.a143c2f330d589e278f56a5b54ac7411.jpg

And as ridiculous as it looks, it's actually not totally terrible as long as you take the camps right away, since the enemies will have no choice but to work on the walls, and you can have your camp-taking units warp back to work on the walls on the following turns.

This has been the first FB where I'm tempted to skip the dialogue.  Not really sure why the game's characters feel the need to worship me in such a brazen and overt way, as if I'm some kind of perfect being.  There is nothing cute or endearing about two obsessive women fighting for the exclusive right to share my bed.  It's embarrassing.  

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

They give players a few really good free units so players will want more of them.  Just look at BK, so far it looks like Aversa will be be the BK of this year.  

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Dont forget that there was a time during year 1 where they gave you 2 super good horsie to plug and play with. They were good, many F2P used them and they get the job done

Coming from BF and FGO my standard for Free unit is way too high(since that two game have actual problem balancing their free unit from invalidating other options) but honestly free units should be above average at worst since we cant merge them. The fact that Masked Marth(despite getting buffed TWICE over the course of the game's run) is the first few freebie and is easilly one of the top 5 or so freebies since many of them sucked is hilarious

The previous Forging Bonds was interesting in that it managed to make me outright dislike Ophelia. I was sort of familiar with her because I played Fates, but I didn't really use 90% of the child characters despite recruiting them all, so I was neutral beforehand.

This one sounds like it might be more of the same ...but I'm only going to do the 7x2 orb fights so I'm not going to see the supports. What a shame.

In other news, I managed to hit T25 in GC without fighting a single battle manually which was neat. Super-tight in that it took my final lance to get there, but then I was super inefficient, at times not fighting at all between morning and night and "wasting" a lot of the natural stamina regen. Was it worth it? Ehhh.

Forgot to do Relay Defense other than the very easiest difficulty, which I did on the day it launched because I needed the one orb for a summon round. Oh well, no real loss.

Next week will mark a full month since my semi-retirement from the game, and far from refreshing any desire for me to get back into it, it's just affirmed my decision. I find myself happier not playing at all, so I can see myself moving into full retirement in the not too distant future. Will see what's announced for the book 3 update, and barring any major overhaul, that might be it.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

@Rhein @DLNarshen

I agree. There certainly were issues already, but you could attempt to avoid them for the most part by not using particular characters, etc. Now it's spread to even the main events. (Not just visuals, but conversations too.) I wonder if they keep statistics on what is skipped.

The people that find this type of of thing so unlikable are probably a vocal minority. I doubt IS would keep pumping out fanservice or pandering to the player if it wasn't generally well revived.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

The people that find this type of of thing so unlikable are probably a vocal minority. I doubt IS would keep pumping out fanservice or pandering to the player if it wasn't generally well revived.

Looking at reactions from different reddit post comments and here it seems that it really is cringey as a majority of comments point out Aversa/Loki interraction as being bad

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Looking at reactions from different reddit post comments and here it seems that it really is cringey as a majority of comments point out Aversa/Loki interraction as being bad

Reddit is vocal but tiny in the grand scheme of things.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reddit is vocal but tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I think there's enough of a consensus to be drawn from generalized reactions on online interactive services even if there is one significant one in this case. I will agree that reddit is tiny for CYL and other stuff like that. 

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I think there's enough of a consensus to be drawn from generalized reactions on online interactive services even if there is one significant one in this case. I will agree that reddit is tiny for CYL and other stuff like that. 

Do they even look at gaijin communities? I’d think the reactions of the Japanese communities matters more. I wish we’d have had an insider on some of the forums or similar sites there.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do they even look at gaijin communities? I’d think the reactions of the Japanese communities matters more. I wish we’d have had an insider on some of the forums or similar sites there.

If they were looking at only nihonjin communities then yes. Japanese matters more. Though to be honest. Japan, despite being plagued by harem LNs of low quality, still seems to have a audience catered towards it. The only thing I can think of that perhaps is dying as a trend is the isekai genre, which is getting a ban from LN newcomer competitions. Still, all of the isekai stuff are carbon copies. Only difference would be one has a wolf girl and the other a bunny girl

Edited by silveraura25