Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

35 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ayra situation?

Silver already explained it, but I'd also add that the fact she was unquestionably the best sword unit in the game at the time didn't help either. People felt like they got blindsided by an OP powercreep unit in a cash grab move unlike anything before it. I'd say it was the first time IS did something that seemed like an obviously greedy gacha tactic, and a lot of people got up in arms about it.

They did have Rhajat added in a similar way(likely already lined up), but with a warning, and then never did it again. So I assume the entirely negative reaction to that method of adding her nipped that tactic in the bud.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Going by FEH's ranking in the Apple and Play stores, this banner is doing better than Eirika's legendary one and as good or a bit better than the last few regular banners. (all are under Halloween though, which did great and bumped FEH up to FGO's rankings for like a week) The youtube feedback is mixed but the profit feedback seems perfectly average, so I'm curious what IS's reaction is.

This is kind of key.  While I think they do listen to feedback and will release banners for older games (Binding blade and Radiant dawn coming!  Thracia coming!), it is profits that is likely dictating what banners they come up with.  I forgot where but someone posted that the Thracia banner did not sell well, so we might not see another for awhile.  Meanwhile apparently the Ishtar Genealogy banner did sell well, which likely factored into Genealogy getting another banner a few months later.  

Like we can complain and down vote all we want, and they might take notice and give us some less popular characters and representation from games that haven't received but if these banners are selling well it isn't going to stop their practice.  We can try to put the blame on them, but they are simply doing what is making them money.  If these alts, or fates banners released close together or whatever else people like to complain about did not sell well then they would change.  

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I forgot where but someone posted that the Thracia banner did not sell well, so we might not see another for awhile.

I think I may have been the one that mentioned it here. I read that it was by far the lowest-performing banner of the year, while around that time Legendary Robin sold very well (and Ephraim was the following best, I think) But yeah, the Ares banner did really well. I dunno how far in advance they lay this stuff out, but it seems pretty far, so maybe Genealogy had two set for this year anyway (it is popular in Japan I think, right?). I'd like to know how long it takes for feedback to make ripples in what characters they actually put out, if it really does. They did say it takes at least a few months of work to prepare units, and CYL has a 6 month wait period but that may just be a safe time frame they have set up.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Silver already explained it, but I'd also add that the fact she was unquestionably the best sword unit in the game at the time didn't help either. People felt like they got blindsided by an OP powercreep unit in a cash grab move unlike anything before it. I'd say it was the first time IS did something that seemed like an obviously greedy gacha tactic, and a lot of people got up in arms about it.

They did have Rhajat added in a similar way(likely already lined up), but with a warning, and then never did it again. So I assume the entirely negative reaction to that method of adding her nipped that tactic in the bud.

In fairness overtime many of Ayra issue is overblown that the non immediate announcement is the only issue left. Eldigan being on the banner only means you get a chance to have a really good unit on the banner as a bonus while the broken floodgate caused by Ayra is a good thing in the long run(Melee unit are iredeemable garbage thats only ranked because people and the game deliberately downplay Mages and Archers).... albeit one thats really silly and caused issues down the line

E.g. compare +1 Leif to +10 Marth

Sadly is not going to change. People always tell others to vote with their wallets, but most of the whales doesn't care about the content of the banners, they are probably going to pull in every single banner. 

I've been always suspicious of the effect of the feedback on banners and every that brings money to IS. Also, I think that the amount of people that send feedback is really low in comparison to the total amount of players.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

21 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

In fairness overtime many of Ayra issue is overblown that the non immediate announcement is the only issue left. Eldigan being on the banner only means you get a chance to have a really good unit on the banner as a bonus while the broken floodgate caused by Ayra is a good thing in the long run(Melee unit are iredeemable garbage thats only ranked because people and the game deliberately downplay Mages and Archers).... albeit one thats really silly and caused issues down the line

E.g. compare +1 Leif to +10 Marth

Ah I see. 

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

When Sigurd was added to Heroes, Ayra was visible in the trailer, so people thought she'd be a free TT unit. Instead, she was on the TT banner, with old heroes, one of which was also red.

OHo thanks for this.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Back when the Genealogy banner was released (around mid October), Ayra was introduced on a separate banner with no foreword of it happening, a move which was never done before. Adding in the fact that Eldigan was also present as a potential pitybreaker and people were irate. Rhajat was also added in a separate banner unrelated to her peers a couple months later, though that didn’t cause much of a stir since the trailer let people know that beforehand, unlike with Ayra which caught people off-gaurd. 

Vantage banner is probably Swordhart, Ishtar and Mia.

Ward banner...if they want all 5 star exclusives would be Minerva, Olwen and Male Grima. If they want to have 4-5 star they can probably add Shigure. Or randomly have Draug/Eliwood although come to think of it, we need more Ward Armour sources since Draug is kind of hard to get in the saturated red pool for me...

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh hey, it's that thing people have been wanting

Lol at that Voting Gauntlet going on during Ultimate's release

I can see a Smash Fighters VG. We get a full Red Sword banner and one with mixed colors.

I'm surprised to not see a Christmas banner starting in the early part of December I hope that doesn't mean it'll be another 2 week seasonal like last year's.

Edited by Alkaid

No mention of Book III by the looks of it...  Maybe it will be starting on 12/10 with whatever banner comes then?  I guess it might be starting earlier in Dec and just isn't mentioned on the schedule.  I just want to know if laguz are coming XD

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm surprised to not see a Christmas banner starting in the early part of December I hope that doesn't mean it'll be another 2 week seasonal like last year's.

The second-half-of-November banner ends on December 10, so it's likely that's when we'll get the Christmas banner.

Might be wishful thinking, but I'd hope they do either Special Maps for Smash release, or one of those 20 free orbs for all things like they did when Switch launched

A chance for Saber will come soon. And cue Meisterhardt showing up on that banner, the Vantage banner, and wherever else because why not. On the bright side, I'd have a +10 Meisterhardt. On the downside, I'd have a +10 Meisterhardt that people will have to deal with whenever he's on one of my defense teams for whatever mode. Yay, degeneracy! :p

The stupidest thing is that I'd also be halfway from having a pair of +10 Reinhardts. So... when are we getting a colorless and a green Reinhardt?

Edited by Kaden

Bound Hero Battle: Corrin & Kana

Poor Kana can't catch a break. Like who is going to pull for her aside from favoritism? Hopefully she gets demoted at some point.

At least this horrendous banner doesn't last long. Though that makes me afraid what the new banner is going to have with its duration of 3 weeks.
As long it doesn't have Alts and isn't from Fates I'm going to nod my head in silent approval. It gets a lot of events, including GHB and Forging Bonds so maybe it will be good.
What dictates that a banner has a longer duration?

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Might be wishful thinking, but I'd hope they do either Special Maps for Smash release, or one of those 20 free orbs for all things like they did when Switch launched

That seems unlikely. Switch makes somewhat sense because it's the next main platform for them to release their games. Smash is just a title where Fire Emblem has a cameo. It's not a game where IS has a hand in it.

4 minutes ago, The Priest said:

That seems unlikely. Switch makes somewhat sense because it's the next main platform for them to release their games. Smash is just a title where Fire Emblem has a cameo. It's not a game where IS has a hand in it.

It's all about that cross-promotion

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Normally I'd say "oh I hope that New Heroes banner is Binding Blade!" but since we know that isn't happening until March...maybe Sacred Stones? Echoes? Marth land?

we haven’t had Genealogy for a while

I wouldn’t mind Archanea, honestly, as long as Elice is included.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Would trying to replace a -Atk one (which is a super bane for the record) count as favoritism?

If we're purely objective here; why not just pull for Adrift Corrin(F)?
Like as a unit she is utterly powercrept by her, having -3 less Spd and lacking that personal slaying Breath. Literally, her only advantage is having +1 Def which is about as significant as Corrin's +1 Res lead over her.

Even in terms of pitybreaker you're probably better off with Adrift because it gives you far better skill fodder. I can't imagine that the 3rd unit is going to save that banner.
So yeah ... rationally there is no reason to pull for her.

Maybe Path of Radiance?  It hasn't had a banner for over a year (Elincia's banner was the last).  That might be too much Tellius too close together since Radiant Dawn is coming in January, but there's still a chance (and Tellius needs it)...

Anyway, not getting my hopes up.  Just would be nice.

Edited by Venmi

8 minutes ago, The Priest said:

If we're purely objective here; why not just pull for Adrift Corrin(F)?

I am trying to pull her (and Camilla) too. I asked that in an attempt to mask that I do indeed have favoritism towards F!Kana (that Atk bane seriously sucks though). Maybe the gacha will have pity and let me get Kana as my free pull too bad the reality is that it won’t give me any greens to begin with.

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

we haven’t had Genealogy for a while

I wouldn’t mind Archanea, honestly, as long as Elice is included.

pfft, we all know awakening needs to get its full alt "new hero banner" now to equal things out