Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Golden Dagger being small because, well, it's a dagger, is pretty hilarious with how strong of a weapon it is in Heroes. Still looks weird with how chunky it looks compared to in SoV where it was thinner.

I really want to summon more from the new powers banner in hopes of getting more Sabers, but I can't justify it with how many orbs I have and that it's all up to chance if I can even get another Saber.

Also, Julia mysteriously showed up giving me my second copy of her.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I wish IS was less stingy with weapon+mov combos. Like, we have only 2 bow horsies, even tho they existed in every single FE game, many of them even as base classes. Bow armors are still a halloween seasonal only thing, despiste the Archanea games having 2 classes that translate as them (General & Ballistician). Fates is the games they love add the most, but still no machinist/cav dagger, even tho the weapon would benefit from more  move types.

Just feels like a missed opportunity.

Is there currently a heroic feats event? Or was Oliver the last one because he is hard to top?

1 hour ago, Mau said:

Man I really wish they would show new banner trailers sooner. There's nothing I wanna summon for atm and it makes me really unmotivated to play the game, just doing the same events over and over again to save orbs for....something. If I knew there's something I wanna have next week I would be a lot more motivated to play again. Now doing TT and Tap Battle every day just feels like a drag.

Yeah, I know that feeling. Not only the banners, they could teaser which events are in pipeline for book III and so on (not the standard monthly stuff). 

At least we know that at the end of the month we'll get a banner with Legendary Ryoma, Gunnthra, Legendary Lucina and Legendary Robin. Also we'll be getting banners for these older games

• Radiant Dawn: January 2019
  • Binding Blade: March 2019

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I know that feeling. Not only the banners, they could teaser which events are in pipeline for book III and so on (not the standard monthly stuff). 

At least we know that at the end of the month we'll get a banner with Legendary Ryoma, Gunnthra, Legendary Lucina and Legendary Robin. Also we'll be getting banners for these older games

• Radiant Dawn: January 2019
  • Binding Blade: March 2019

Yeah events would be nice too, just anything we can work toward too right no. Hell, just telling us that beast units are coming would have been enough for me to be really excited and motivated to get more orbs.

The Legendary Banners are all I'm looking forward to now really, as it's the best way to get good skills for my units. Those 2019 banners don't really excite me though, not until I know who's on them. The chance that they'll be units I don't care about is just too high so it doesn't make the wait more bearable at all.

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I asked them to be more transparent with banners, but they're trying to make a quick buck with surprises so they most likely won't listen

Yeah, this is probably the reason why it isn't happening, if people knew beforehand they should save for a banner, they might hesitate to spend on current banners. But giving us the trailer at least 4 days beforehand or something, instead of the very day before the banner would be a big improvement for me at least. Now I gotta wait until monday probably and that's still so looong :(

8 minutes ago, Mau said:

Yeah events would be nice too, just anything we can work toward too right no. Hell, just telling us that beast units are coming would have been enough for me to be really excited and motivated to get more orbs.

I'm always trying to get all orbs, but lack of perspective lead me to make unmotivated (and unsuccessful) pulls on the new banners ... which isn't satisfying in either case. 

10 minutes ago, Mau said:

The Legendary Banners are all I'm looking forward to now really, as it's the best way to get good skills for my units. 

Speaking of skills, Null Follow-Up is pretty awesome for infantry. I was tempted to pull one for my M!Marth. Pulling for skills isn't very satisfying either though. 

18 minutes ago, Mau said:

Hell, just telling us that beast units are coming would have been enough for me to be really excited and motivated to get more orbs.

Knowing that beast units are coming would have been enough for me to be really excited and motivated to get more orbs to spend on other banners.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm always trying to get all orbs, but lack of perspective lead me to make unmotivated (and unsuccessful) pulls on the new banners ... which isn't satisfying in either case. 

Speaking of skills, Null Follow-Up is pretty awesome for infantry. I was tempted to pull one for my M!Marth. Pulling for skills isn't very satisfying either though. 

Lol yeah that happens to me too, I get bored so I spend on banners I don't really care about and then I get nothing too and I just feel sad haha. I've been thinking about pulling for Null Follow-Up but the only unit I got which it might be great for is Soleil and Wrath would still be better, so convinced myself to just wait for Wrath fodder instead. Still waiting on some sort of list that tells me for which units Null Follow-up would work good really. The sacrifice of the B-slot seems too great in most cases.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Knowing that beast units are coming would have been enough for me to be really excited and motivated to get more orbs to spend on other banners.

Hey, whatever works for you, at least we'd both be motivated for something :P

Edited by Mau

1 minute ago, Mau said:

Hey, whatever works for you, at least we'd both be motivated for something :P

And that’s perfectly great, haha.
I wouldn’t mind to know how fluffy the shapeshifters’ ears are in their humanoid forms, though ?

19 minutes ago, Mau said:

Still waiting on some sort of list that tells me for which units Null Follow-up would work good really. The sacrifice of the B-slot seems too great in most cases.

My list is short, since it works only on Infantry and I have exactly 3 merged infantry units who would get premium skills like that (Celica, Shiro, M!Marth). Won't pull though, I'm saving up for the legendary banner. 

Null Follow-up would work great with Lewyn (whom I miss) and his tome, but he already got an amazing B-Skill. 

Has someone any idea which fire emblems will be filled in the next banners?
I don't know. From what they have done now I even would even believe that they pull off a fate banner again. xD I just want to adjust my orb saving behavior again and not any regrets anymore. I was so good at saving orbs =/ almost 1k as a f2p. But lately I feel myself easily baited on bad banner. Not from characters, but chances...

11 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Has someone any idea which fire emblems will be filled in the next banners?
I don't know. From what they have done now I even would even believe that they pull off a fate banner again. xD I just want to adjust my orb saving behavior again and not any regrets anymore. I was so good at saving orbs =/ almost 1k as a f2p. But lately I feel myself easily baited on bad banner. Not from characters, but chances...

I dont't know how relevant that is for the next banner, but Tap Battle was Awakening children. Maybe we'll have that as banner next. 

21 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I dont't know how relevant that is for the next banner, but Tap Battle was Awakening children. Maybe we'll have that as banner next. 

Wasn't last TB Genealogy Children? I wouldn't count on it my self buddy.

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Random thought: IS released pretty mighty B-skills like Binding shield and Null Follow-Up to counter certain meta threats. Do you guy think we'll get an anti-Dazzle skill anytime soon?

I've been playing with the idea of Null Counter, but there isn't a good middle ground between overpowered and underpowered. It would be underpowered to just disable effects that prevent the user from counterattacking (Firesweep, Windsweep, etc.), but it would be way overpowered to also disable effects that allow the opponent to counterattack (Distant Counter, etc.).

Maybe if it can't disable Distant Counter on the weapon slot since it seems awfully silly for a skill to prevent you from throwing a Javelin.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Random thought: IS released pretty mighty B-skills like Binding shield and Null Follow-Up to counter certain meta threats. Do you guy think we'll get an anti-Dazzle skill anytime soon?

I think it's inevitable as the Aether Raid meta progresses.  Either IS will recognize the issue themselves, or they'll be inundated with feedback from frustrated players tired of getting matched with healer defense teams.

A while back when folks were speculating about Thracia banners I theorycrafted a new A-skill that would have done just that (I put it on Orsin). 

Defiant Counter
If foe has a skill that prevents counterattacks (Dazzling Staff, Windsweep, etc), those skills are neutralized and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.  

Checks anti-counterattack units without invalidating them.  Players would have to decide if counterattacking healers is worth dropping the usual Distant/Close Counter and being more vulnerable to other threats. 

32 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Wasn't last TB Genealogy Children? I wouldn't count on it my self buddy.

If I'm not mistaken, that TB was right after a banner with Quan and the TT that had Ethlyn. It tied well with the theme going on at the time.

Right now we have 0 awakening stuff going on and the TB is Awakening themed. That's a little strange to me. Could be nothing, but we'll know in some days.

32 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Defiant Counter
If foe has a skill that prevents counterattacks (Dazzling Staff, Windsweep, etc), those skills are neutralized and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.  

Checks anti-counterattack units without invalidating them.  Players would have to decide if counterattacking healers is worth dropping the usual Distant/Close Counter and being more vulnerable to other threats. 

Something like that, yeah. Would it be A- or B-slot in your opinion? 

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've been playing with the idea of Null Counter, but there isn't a good middle ground between overpowered and underpowered. It would be underpowered to just disable effects that prevent the user from counterattacking (Firesweep, Windsweep, etc.), but it would be way overpowered to also disable effects that allow the opponent to counterattack (Distant Counter, etc.).

Yeah, disabling DC and CC would be too much, but then the name wouldn't fit anymore. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Something like that, yeah. Would it be A- or B-slot in your opinion? 

Considering that part of the skill’s effect is “counterattack at any range”, it’s obviously an A.
(also he said later in the post that it’s supposed to be an alternative to CC and DC, and you can’t have an alternative to CC and DC not in A)

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Seems likely.

One way to get around the narrowness of it could be to have it be just one of multiple effects on a personal weapon or B skill.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe if it can't disable Distant Counter on the weapon slot since it seems awfully silly for a skill to prevent you from throwing a Javelin.

Something like 50% damage reduction when taking counter-attacks from people that's not your range should be pretty good as a B-slot skill.

It's a skill that gives wide coverage for the typical high speed/high atk sweeper but also a pretty large sustain demerit. (Especially since it takes the B-slot, where most sustain skills go.)

No comment on the anti-dazzle portion that's the original question, though. (All the units I consider good already destroy healers.)

Well, maybe one. Anti-dazzle kind of feels like it ought to go into the A-slot as a counter effect. So you have to choose between being 2 ranged with anti-dazzle to kill healers or running a DC prf + Anti-dazzle.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

No comment on the anti-dazzle portion that's the original question, though. (All the units I consider good already destroy healers.)

1. The point is that it negates all effects that prevent you from counterattacking, meaning Dazzling Staff, Windsweep, Watersweep, and Firesweep. Most Firesweep users would simply crumple against opponents that ignore that effect.
  2. Nothing kills a staffie on enemy phase.
  3. Everyone already knows your definition of "good" is narrow as fuck.

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

I think it's inevitable as the Aether Raid meta progresses.  Either IS will recognize the issue themselves, or they'll be inundated with feedback from frustrated players tired of getting matched with healer defense teams.

I'm not so sure that healers are defining the meta of Aether Raids. Frankly, the easiest way to deal with them is to have any unit get into the high 40's with Res. For this season, that just means slap Distant Def seal on Fjorm, and maybe Summoner C Support her for good measure. All that gives her 50 Res (54 if the opponent doesn't have a Bolt Tower), making it impossible for most healers to finish her off (after getting through all her HP with Pain) unless she's debuffed enough.