Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Using Julius as my bonus unit this arena season, it's become painfully apparent how annoying his dragon-slaying weakness is.  He gets the dragon weakness, but none of the perks that come with being a dragon.  It makes sense thematically, but unfortunately leaves him very compromised as a unit.  Loptous should have had adaptive damage, or immunity to adaptive damage to go along with the defensive nature of the tome. 

If I were to run a typical CC build on him, I'd be tempted to swap out his tome for Raudrowl, which is kind of pathetic. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

My Veronica can hit 64 Atk and thats without a offensiv Slot. But then again this needs Atk/Spd solo and +6 buffs. I will pull out my 60 res berkuts lance double distant def Clair, but if the Team overlaps with Brave Lyn then  Clair falls short as an option. I dont think that putting your defense up one sided will get you much, but if you overlap the magical threat of Cavalry Healers with someone like Brave Lyn using a Firesweep bow and Cancel affinity your options to bait them fall flat. Unless you have a Raventome user that can reach the high end of the spectrum on both def and res and still maintains the killing power without Triangle Adept.

Even still, a high Res character like Fjorm or your Clair should be able to survive a few rounds against Veronica to get those pots, even if the rest of the team has to stay back for safety.

In such a strategy, killing Lyn (in this case) would be a high priority, and while it can be hard to bait them, it's not impossible. Overall, it seems like a very specific thing to be worried about, since CA Firesweep Lyn is a rarity compared to her default set or Brave Bow, and surely the rest of the team would be able to manage her regardless of her build. Lyn, Veronica, and Reinhardt are so common that anyone who hasn't prepared for them in some way must either be new or not paying attention

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Using Julius as my bonus unit this arena season, it's become painfully apparent how annoying his dragon-slaying weakness is.  He gets the dragon weakness, but none of the perks that come with being a dragon.  It makes sense thematically, but unfortunately leaves him very compromised as a unit.  Loptous should have had adaptive damage, or immunity to adaptive damage to go along with the defensive nature of the tome. 

If I were to run a typical CC build on him, I'd be tempted to swap out his tome for Raudrowl, which is kind of pathetic. 

Well; he actually get something out of it; he's -Atk 6 Debuff in-combat doesn't really have a condition unlike Lily Azura's and Camilla's Weapons that have a Bond Requeriment.

In exchange Julius becomes ultra counterable against Falchion and Divine Mist (and probably in the future even Naga Tome).

Maybe you would say that the weapon's effects aren''t strong enough to have that kind of disadvantage.

Edited by Troykv

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

…Can someone please explain to me why the slots in tap battle are arranged from bottom to top instead of the obvious and perfectly logical from top to bottom? 

I think it's supposed to be like climbing a ladder. Also tap battle gets progressively more difficult and higher difficulties are put at the top. 

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think it's supposed to be like climbing a ladder. Also tap battle gets progressively more difficult and higher difficulties are put at the top. 

No, I mean slots in the party. See, Celica is in slot 1, the leftmost one:
Screenshot_20181116-033736.png

But on the actual stage, she is in the bottom row:
Screenshot_20181116-033747.png

It would have made more sense if the team was arranged vertically from top to bottom (Celica, Minizura, Myrrh, Mikoto) rather than from bottom to top.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It would have made more sense if the team was arranged vertically from top to bottom (Celica, Minizura, Myrrh, Mikoto) rather than from bottom to top.

If you rotate the screen so that the enemies move from the bottom to the top like the default in DDR, the characters are arranged in order from left to right.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you rotate the screen so that the enemies move from the bottom to the top like the default in DDR, the characters are arranged in order from left to right.

That sounds like a pretty clever explanation.

So, Saber and unique refined Golden Dagger led to me thinking about two ideas. One of them is how would people feel about a weapon with the effect: "If foe's attack triggers Special, unit's next attack deals 10 damage"? So, it's kind of an offensive version of Shield Pulse or a defensive version of Wo Dao and Wrath. I figured it could make a unit very unique in them wanting to run the Buckler or Holy Vestments line of skills or Miracle. Damage-wise, I originally had it at 20 damage, but even though it would be very selective on who it works on, that still might be too much and there's the whole you could have an infantry or armor, assuming they have this weapon, run Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl and a Breath skill and possibly guarantee 20 true damage after every hit from the enemy. Maybe 15 damage could work.

The other thing is that people have been wanting a future Robin, as a CYL winner, to get Levin Sword. Levin Sword or a personal version of it for Robin would likely have built-in Distant Counter. It'd be expected and possibly a bit boring for a CYL unit who could have brought something crazy. Well, with Golden Dagger's conditional Distant Counter, I thought about Robin having Levin Sword where its Distant Counter worked like a bond. So, if Robin is adjacent to an ally, Robin would gain Distant Counter and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 along with whatever else as an effect. Definitely not as flexible as Saber needing to have his special ready at the start of combat, but it would be interesting as an idea.

I've once again reached the point where I have nothing to spend orbs on and no desire to spend them. I don't have Ryoma or Leo, but why would I pull for reds I don't care much about when there will be plenty of opportunities to pull for them in the future? (Like EDWARD IN JANUARY)

11 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

what's Julius's damage (no pun intended) anyway. why does he have have dragon weaknesses?

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what's Julius's damage (no pun intended) anyway. why does he have have dragon weaknesses?

He's the vessel of one of FE's many evil dragons (Loptous), so I guess that was enough justification to give Julius a dragon weakness despite not being an actual manakete. It could also be that Book of Naga (a dragon-slaying weapon in FEH of course) was the only weapon in FE4 that ignored the Loptous tome's effect of halving the enemy's attack power.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He's the vessel of one of FE's many evil dragons (Loptous), so I guess that was enough justification to give Julius a dragon weakness despite not being an actual manakete. It could also be that Book of Naga (a dragon-slaying weapon in FEH of course) was the only weapon in FE4 that ignored the Loptous tome's effect of halving the enemy's attack power.

oho thanks. 
so does this mean, if i ever lucked out and got a Julia or a Deidire they could kill him with Naga/Divine Naga?

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oho thanks. 
so does this mean, if i ever lucked out and got a Julia or a Deidire they could kill him with Naga/Divine Naga?

Yeah sure.....if they were blue units like they should've been. Naga is technically effective against Julius in FEH too, but since Julius has high Res (and Loptous gives him an additional +3) and holds weapon triangle advantage, Naga is nowhere near as effective as it should be against him (in other words, don't expect it to score one-shot KOs against Julius).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah sure.....if they were blue units like they should've been. Naga is technically effective against Julius in FEH too, but since Julius has high Res (and Loptous gives him an additional +3) and holds weapon triangle advantage, Naga is nowhere near as effective as it should be against him (in other words, don't expect it to score one-shot KOs against Julius).

understood. 
Thanks

I soo have to play older FEs. (come on IntSys. Echoes of Genealogy!) 

10 hours ago, Troykv said:

Maybe you would say that the weapon's effects aren''t strong enough to have that kind of disadvantage.

More or less. 

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The funny part is FEH Loptous is quite batshit insane as a weapon. Its just slapped on a less satisfactory holder and weapon type

It would certainly be more useful on a character with strong mixed bulk, but even then the dragon weakness is enough of an issue to put it in contention with other defensive tomes like the aforementioned Raudrowl.

33 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

More or less. 

It would certainly be more useful on a character with strong mixed bulk, but even then the dragon weakness is enough of an issue to put it in contention with other defensive tomes like the aforementioned Raudrowl.

Yeah, although i find myself amused by that comparison since Raudrowlet can be refined with 2 Def on top, showing once again Refinement is too good

Refined Ruby Sword when

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

So, Saber and unique refined Golden Dagger led to me thinking about two ideas. One of them is how would people feel about a weapon with the effect: "If foe's attack triggers Special, unit's next attack deals 10 damage"? So, it's kind of an offensive version of Shield Pulse or a defensive version of Wo Dao and Wrath. I figured it could make a unit very unique in them wanting to run the Buckler or Holy Vestments line of skills or Miracle. Damage-wise, I originally had it at 20 damage, but even though it would be very selective on who it works on, that still might be too much and there's the whole you could have an infantry or armor, assuming they have this weapon, run Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl and a Breath skill and possibly guarantee 20 true damage after every hit from the enemy. Maybe 15 damage could work.

There's not much point to Bushido Aegis being printed when Noontime Wrath is already available.

Especially considering it's the kind of skill that should go into the B-slot, where Shield Pulse goes. (You know, the thing that lets you trigger your defensive skill in the first combat. If you can't trigger your defensive the first combat you have basically 0 advantages over Noontime Wrath.)

It pretty much has to be on a Prf to be anything close to being viable, and even then it's kind of terrible.

Edit: Mind, it's not that the idea itself is naturally terrible, it's simply that any 'fair' version (that isn't basically a better Divine Tyrfing + damage special) will be pretty bad. Whereas any 'good' version will be basically +2 charge at start of turn, +20 damage when defensive triggers, which is just a better Divine Tyrfing with a Blue Flame stacked on top.

Which is both hilarious power-creep and also unnecessary breakage of skill-slot boundaries. (You basically turn the special slot into a B slot, and the B slot into a special slot.)

Edited by DehNutCase

43 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I love how Heroes Naga and Loptous interact. Naga gets effective damage against Loptous but Loptous gets WTA against Naga, bringing both to a ×1.2 multiplier against each other.

Light and dark magic didn’t have any advantages against each other in Jugdral.

So I'm trying to download the recent update from Google Play but it isn't working. I press "update" and then it just stops. No error message, no warning of too little space, nothing.

I was thinking of clearing the data of the Google Play app but I must admit I don't know exactly what that does. Would that possibly help?

Edit: Got it after a reboot and some tinkering.

Edited by Thane

@Vaximillian I gave her as many merges as I could right now. The rest is up to RNG in giving me more copies for merges. Oh, and Mathilda will get a merge next which will make her +8. Her special is just something I gave her for Arena so don't play any attention to it

EDIT: @LordFrigid

Spoiler

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I gave her as many merges as I could right now.

Chilly! You’d also want to tag @LordFrigid for Caeda goodness, I’d reckon.
My Clair is also basially capped at +8 because the game thinks I absolutely need Lukases—which I don’t.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Chilly! You’d also want to tag @LordFrigid for Caeda goodness, I’d reckon.
My Clair is also basially capped at +8 because the game thinks I absolutely need Lukases—which I don’t.

Thanks. Wish you luck on your quest for Clair