Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Vaximillian I gave her as many merges as I could right now. The rest is up to RNG in giving me more copies for merges. Oh, and Mathilda will get a merge next which will make her +8. Her special is just something I gave her for Arena so don't play any attention to it

EDIT: @LordFrigid

Hide contents

Screenshot_20181116-120918.thumb.png.8dd59e0f02e993ace000c88f86927388.png

Cool, mine is still +4 and i'm going a more basic Desperation+Iceberg build, with perhaps trading Darting Blow for Fury too.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

My Clair is also basially capped at +8 because the game thinks I absolutely need Lukases—which I don’t.

You have the preciouses? Give them back; we needs them, yes we does.

14 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Vaximillian I gave her as many merges as I could right now. The rest is up to RNG in giving me more copies for merges. Oh, and Mathilda will get a merge next which will make her +8. Her special is just something I gave her for Arena so don't play any attention to it

EDIT: @LordFrigid

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20181116-120918.thumb.png.8dd59e0f02e993ace000c88f86927388.png

Nice, congrats! Hope you get those last two copies soon. The world needs more +10 Caedas.

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice, congrats! Hope you get those last two copies soon. The world needs more +10 Caedas.

i'm working on mine as we speak. :) I look at your guide a lot. :) I finally have some Caedas! (but she like 1/2 my barracks) needs DC :( 

also. i think it was @XRay but for everyone else who suggested give LA!Roy a Brave Bow: thank you so very much holy crap he's so much better. I just need a a Subaki (so i can give him QR 1-2, another Hawkeye for the first 2 death blows, so when i upgrade a Klein for him he can get DB 3, QR3 and Brave Blow +). 

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i'm working on mine as we speak. :) I look at your guide a lot. :) I finally have some Caedas! (but she like 1/2 my barracks) needs DC :( 

also. i think it was @XRay but for everyone else who suggested give LA!Roy a Brave Bow: thank you so very much holy crap he's so much better. I just need a a Subaki (so i can give him QR 1-2, another Hawkeye for the first 2 death blows, so when i upgrade a Klein for him he can get DB 3, QR3 and Brave Blow +). 

I do not remember suggesting it, although my memory is not exactly the best, but I do remember writing about it in the analysis section. LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt, so LA!Roy is pretty amazing.

Chill Def is great on his B Slot slot to further magnify his power, but other good options include Wings of Mercy and Breakers. Desperation-Brash Assault is also nice if you can set it up consistently. Pass seems nice for defense teams to screw with players' strategies, although I am not sure how effective that is in practice since the AI is not exactly smart.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not remember suggesting it, although my memory is not exactly the best, but I do remember writing about it in the analysis section. LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt, so LA!Roy is pretty amazing.

Chill Def is great on his B Slot slot to further magnify his power, but other good options include Wings of Mercy and Breakers. Desperation-Brash Assault is also nice if you can set it up consistently. Pass seems nice for defense teams to screw with players' strategies, although I am not sure how effective that is in practice.

ahh.. next time i get another Exalted Chrom he can have it :) 
but breakers totally work too :)

20 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

There's not much point to Bushido Aegis being printed when Noontime Wrath is already available.

Especially considering it's the kind of skill that should go into the B-slot, where Shield Pulse goes. (You know, the thing that lets you trigger your defensive skill in the first combat. If you can't trigger your defensive the first combat you have basically 0 advantages over Noontime Wrath.)

It pretty much has to be on a Prf to be anything close to being viable, and even then it's kind of terrible.

Edit: Mind, it's not that the idea itself is naturally terrible, it's simply that any 'fair' version (that isn't basically a better Divine Tyrfing + damage special) will be pretty bad. Whereas any 'good' version will be basically +2 charge at start of turn, +20 damage when defensive triggers, which is just a better Divine Tyrfing with a Blue Flame stacked on top.

Which is both hilarious power-creep and also unnecessary breakage of skill-slot boundaries. (You basically turn the special slot into a B slot, and the B slot into a special slot.)

Bushido Aegis would have the distinction of reducing damage rather than healing back 30% of the damage caused by the user.

They could introduce the skill as a B passive and while I might not have been clear about it, I was implying that this idea would be an effect for a personal weapon. It would lock the unit to using specific skills and builds, but it could be something interesting if niche. With it being an effect for a personal weapon, you could stack it with Shield Pulse, Vantage, Wrath, or whatever you'd want or is available to the unit.

The amount of damage it deals is an issue where depending on the unit, they would be able to reduce up to 50% of damage per hit that isn't from a Brave weapon and deal 10 (or more) damage with their next attack. As you noted, it could end up being a better Divine Tyrfing when paired with Distant Counter and Aegis which reduces 50% of all ranged damage sources while Divine Tyrfing only works on the first hit of tomes. To reduce damage from the next attack, Seliph would need to run Deflect Magic or Sigurd would need to run Crusader's Ward, but at that point, they would be running a different build and might not want Distant Counter. A similar case occurs with this skill idea where if it's on a weapon, then it would need a Killer effect and Shield Pulse or else Aegis would not be charged for the first hit at least. They would likely not be able to charge it for the next hit and if they're a cavalry or flier then Shield Pulse would not be available to them. The unit would have to run Sacred Cowl instead and that would have lower damage reduction or they would need to find several ways, Quickened Pulse, Infantry Pulse if that's applicable, or Ostian Pulse, to lower their cooldown. If it's a B passive, then they wouldn't be able to run Shield Pulse unless it becomes a seal in the near future, but at least that opens up their weapon slot for a Killer weapon.

Regardless and like I said, it's a niche idea that I figured could be a cool thing even though it's very limiting and inflexible with what it needs to actually work.

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

ahh.. next time i get another Exalted Chrom he can have it :) 
but breakers totally work too :)

If you aren't using Walhart he also has it. And you could spend grails on him as well if you don't have him. It depends of if you want it now and if you value grails over orbs, etc. Just figured I would mention him as a source.

13 hours ago, daisy jane said:

but for everyone else who suggested give LA!Roy a Brave Bow: thank you so very much holy crap he's so much better.

You are welcome ... if I remember correctly ^^

I think you did the right thing by passing also QR3, Roy can run an defensive set if needed. 

10 hours ago, Usana said:

If you aren't using Walhart he also has it. And you could spend grails on him as well if you don't have him. It depends of if you want it now and if you value grails over orbs, etc. Just figured I would mention him as a source.

i don't have him. :( 
also i could. however, i might sit on this for a bit. (I truly don't know who i want for my first grail purchases). I am honestly thinking Arden simply to have someone strong enough to run Panic Ploy

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You are welcome ... if I remember correctly ^^

I think you did the right thing by passing also QR3, Roy can run an defensive set if needed. 

:D thanks
yah. i am going to give him options as i basically don't touch anything on lyn (i have to get her an assist skill LOL) but other than that. so once i finalise my Feathering list, i know he's getting QR (only because i just don't see the point of upgrading Gordin - Roy's not gonna benefit from vantage as much as QR and i want to justify the feather spending). 

6 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Todays RD was easy. First time i beat Infernal on auto.

oh right! that reset today!!

I hope we continue to see more unique weapons/skill effects that utilize HP, or even other stats. While it may be common to the point of annoyance at the moment, I really like how potent and unique Aversa's tome is in Aether Raids and other modes. Aether Raids has also shown how Loki's staff went from seeming like a meme-y effect to actually being very useful to cripple the common Veronica + Rein defense teams. I like that we're getting some effects that feel more strategic to use, or at at least different than -1 CD, +10 special damage, +X stat when initiating, etc. types.

Edited by Alkaid

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Apparently Rena Strober hinted at a crazy Azura in the Extra Life stream

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyScaryDragonDuDudu

Another Azura! That would be five Azura's in total. 

Though I actually think Awakening has the biggest chance of being the next banner next week. I doubt even IS would do yet another Fates banner and most other options fall off through a process of elimination. Binding Blade and Tellius won't be till next year, Sacred Stones and Tracia are avoided like the plague by IS, Genealogy already had a good run and the small roster of Echoes ensures most people are already there. So that leaves us with Archenea and Awakening. Considering the recent tap battle and Awakening being more marketable I'm putting my money on that being the next banner. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

What would be a "Crazy Azura"?

Spoiler

A Azura from a different timeline that, instead of run away from Valla, stayed and become one of the Anankos's allies?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What would be a "Crazy Azura"?

Hide contents

A Azura from a different timeline that, instead of run away from Valla, stayed and become one of the Anankos's allies?

Spoiler

So... another Fallen Heroes banner featuring What If Azura?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Azura #5 before CYL3? I'm not quite sure about that... And frankly I don't think I'd even want that.

Bear in mind that IS seems to make thing 6 months in advance or whatever it was with 6 months. We might see it around March at the latest  or something

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Bear in mind that IS seems to make thing 6 months in advance or whatever it was with 6 months. We might see it around March at the latest  or something

I know that, but the time doesn't really matter to me. I'm not really sure I want that Azura to even exist.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know that, but the time doesn't really matter to me. I'm not really sure I want that Azura to even exist.

Whoops on my part because I thought you meant CYL3 voting, not the release of the Brave Heroes

12 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh that is interesting; there still left like half a year to prove if that is actually a fact.

Bleh. I give up on trying to pull a Silas for Gwendolyn's weapon since there's no way in hell I'm wasting orbs pulling specifically for a character in the 4-star pool. I'll just use the single 5-star copy I have and wait to get another later.