Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

sorry but whats the justification of armorers melees getting 7-12 more BST compared to melee infantries getting only 5 at max? Surely cant be the movement and it sure as hell cant be the exclusiv skills.

IS has clearly just bloated up the stats for whales so people are „forced“ to spent money if they wanted to keep up.

Huh?

Gen 1 melee infantry have a range of 156-158. Gen 2 melee infantry have a range of 162-164. That's a boost of 6 points.

Gen 1 trainee melee infantry have a range of 161-163. Gen 2 trainee melee infantry have a range of 167-169. That's a boost of 6 points.

Gen 1 melee armors have a range of 167-170. Gen 2 melee armors have a range of 173-175. That's a boost of 5-6 points.

Gen 1 trainee melee armors have a range of 173-174. Gen 2 trainee melee armors have a range of 178-180. That's a boost of 6 points.

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice Dragon there seems to be something more in the Japanese notification for the weapon refinery update

I don't know what it says in the English notification, but the only extra information in the Japanese one says that the refine for the three Whitewing weapons grants the ability to perform a triangle attack when "near" 2 allied flying units. No definition for "near".

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh?

Gen 1 melee infantry have a range of 156-158. Gen 2 melee infantry have a range of 162-164. That's a boost of 6 points.

Gen 1 trainee melee infantry have a range of 161-163. Gen 2 trainee melee infantry have a range of 167-169. That's a boost of 6 points.

Gen 1 melee armors have a range of 167-170. Gen 2 melee armors have a range of 173-175. That's a boost of 5-6 points.

Gen 1 trainee melee armors have a range of 173-174. Gen 2 trainee melee armors have a range of 178-180. That's a boost of 6 points.

I don't know what it says in the English notification, but the only extra information in the Japanese one says that the refine for the three Whitewing weapons grants the ability to perform a triangle attack when "near" 2 allied flying units. No definition for "near".

Thanks. That was missing

All these refines interest me very much.  These if they are good might make me 5* the whitewings, since they are sitting at 4* waiting for a good reason to be promoted.  Navarre has been waiting for a refine since I haven't been able to decide what sword I want him to have.  I don't know if F!Robin will get her refine from me since I have her built as a anticav unit who works very well.  Ogma and M!Robin will depend on dew and how good their refines are.

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Maybe the Scarlet Sword can actually get Atk/Spd Solo on his Scarlet Sword.

Spoiler

There's a skill tag that says that a unit gets X amount of stats, negates guaranteed doubles and inflicts debuff on the closest ally/allies. All of this is one effect. Maybe that, I dunno, there's also that deals damage to nearest allies or something. So many of these things

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

All of this is one effect

I know, I’ve seen them and brought up that post several times. I’m not a fan of the “penalty to own allies” type of effects. It’s a game about building teams and teamwork, for Naga’s sake.

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know, I’ve seen them and brought up that post several times. I’m not a fan of the “penalty to own allies” type of effects. It’s a game about building teams and teamwork, for Naga’s sake.

Spoiler

I'm also not a fan of it. A broken weapon can be given to a weak unit and it wouldn't impact the meta all that much. So putting a penalty on it is rather unhelpful. It's a problem I see in Yu-Gi-Oh card design. Trashy archetypes get restrictions put on legacy support, which is stupid.

Love that Navarre and F!Robin are included in the refinery update.  Other GHB characters have gotten refines on their existing PRFs, but I believe this is the first time that free characters will get brand new weapons.  Gives me hope for other choice GHB/TT characters.   

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

56 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

I'm also not a fan of it. A broken weapon can be given to a weak unit and it wouldn't impact the meta all that much. So putting a penalty on it is rather unhelpful. It's a problem I see in Yu-Gi-Oh card design. Trashy archetypes get restrictions put on legacy support, which is stupid.

Spoiler

Depending on how bad the debuff is, it could make Harsh Command Navarre the new meta Assist unit. Turn that Atk/Spd/Def/Res -7 into Atk/Spd/Def/Res +7!

In this case, I think the worse the debuff, the better it can actually be.

Edited by XRay

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

FINALLY, Robin gets a damn refine. Both of them too, which is even better.

Guess I should promote that +spd -res Robin I've had sitting around, since my current one is +spd -atk.

EDIT: Also, ironically enough, I almost promoted my extra Soleil to give Navarre Firesweep Sword+ today, and he gets a refine. This has happened twice before: once when I gave Clair Firesweep Lance+ before her refine, and when I almost gave Lon'qu Firesweep but he got a refine.

Quick, someone suggest someone I should give Firesweep Sword+ to so they can get a refine

Seth could really use a Firesweep Sword from you by the sounds of it! 

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Good character choices, although I'd personally been hoping Ogma would get Mercurius.

I hope 3.0 adds refinements to some existing weapons, too.

like Raventomes, Owltomes and Litrblades?

Braveweapons just shouldnt be touched due to Bold Fighter. Brave weapons could break the game just because of this if handled wrong.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Braveweapons just shouldnt be touched due to Bold Fighter. Brave weapons could break the game just because of this if handled wrong.

Outdated brave weapons shouldn't be touched but perfectly fine bladetomes should???

Honestly brave weapon refines aren't too big of an issue as long as they keep it similar to how Cherche's axe was done (only give +1 to an attack refine). Bladetomes have absolutely no reason to have refines. They even have more might than silver tomes by default.

2 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Outdated brave weapons shouldn't be touched but perfectly fine bladetomes should???

Honestly brave weapon refines aren't too big of an issue as long as they keep it similar to how Cherche's axe was done (only give +1 to an attack refine). Bladetomes have absolutely no reason to have refines. They even have more might than silver tomes by default.

please read: I said dont touch brave weapons because of Bold Fighter. a Bold Fighter Brave Weapon user is self sufficent and basicly doesnt need any support to kill stuff. Litrblade on the other hand needs a group behind to actually get so strong and can be cockblocked by panic debuff.

Blame Bold Fighter for my opinion.

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

Good character choices, although I'd personally been hoping Ogma would get Mercurius.

I hope 3.0 adds refinements to some existing weapons, too.

As much as I'd like to agree, it seems the angle they're going for is "Whatever the weapon they were drawn with is now their weapon in the game", looking at the number of units who got new "original" personal weapons that look strangely similar to their artwork weapons... Ogma and Mercurius never had a chance...

I hope Poison Dagger and Kitty Paddle get refines myself. The Festival in Hoishido daggers can all not only be forged, but also start with the 12 might that all normal ranged weapons have, meanwhile the Poison Dagger remains at freaking 5 might and Kitty Paddle at 8? Real fair...

12 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Talking Brave Weapons, would a fine refine for them be making the -Spd be 2 instead of 5? I know, that would be like too much Elincia's Amiti, but then just give a godly refine to her or keep the weapons might under 10. 

@Hilda If my Amitti-style idea becomes true then it would be a refine than doesn't combo with Bold Fighter, since Armors normally doesn't have the speed to double the normal way and the +3 "buff" wouldn't help them. 

Edited by RexBolt

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Talking Brave Weapons, would a fine refine for them be making the -Spd be 2 instead of 5? I know, that would be like too much Elincia's Amiti, but then just give a godly refine to her or keep the weapons might under 10. 

I dont think we should open that can of brave weapons again. keep the refines exclusiv to characters that need a brave weapon because they are slow AF or dont have any other disadvantage.. In that Regard Cherches refine was fine.

If anything goes wrong we end up with a situation of Brave Lyn being more oppressive then Reinhardt. Atm Brave Lyn is being kept in check due to Dragons and bloatet Armorer BST. Which is kinda sad because it basicly nerfs all other units that actually COULD benefit greatly from a Brave weapon refine.

@Hilda Okay but very few units are using Brave weapons anymore, and any that are are painfully outdated or are running Desperation + Brash Assault, which Bold Fighter is not compatible with. Or they are a Bow unit. And the few that still make melee Brave Weapons work despite how outdated they are... I mean, good for them?

Brave Bow is honestly the best Brave weapon just by being a ranged Brave weapon. It's the same reason Reinhardt is still a somewhat viable threat for the unprepared. But Brave Sword, Axe, and Lance aren't as great as they once were. Amiti has Spd +3 built into it by default. Meistershwert is a Brave weapon on both phases. Cherche's Axe can either be the strongest Brave Weapon or trigger Panic Ploy as well.

Point is, unless the unit comes with it by default, you don't see Melee Brave Weapons anymore.

Meanwhile one of the first sets any new mage is considered with first is ALWAYS Bladetome, sometimes even before a set using their Personal Weapon is considered. Wanna make a crappy mage redeemable? Bladetome set. Wanna make a great mage even greater? Bladetome. Just wanna make sure you have a mage for every job? Bladetome. Worried about counters? Can't counter when you were killed in one hit by a 6/6/6/6 Bladetome. Personal weapon that literally nerfs the hell out of anyone who is standing next to an ally? Personal that inflicts Atk -6 on the enemy for not being Marth? Personal that makes you overall stronger because your Atk is lower than the muscly enemy? Personal that CHARGES YOUR SPECIAL BECAUSE THERE IS A TOME ON YOUR TEAM, INCLUDING YOURSELF? "But how does it compare to Bladetome?" Hell, Lilina used to only be viable with Rauðrblade before she got Forblaze.

I really don't think self-sustain is an issue either. I mean, most Special refines on personals don't even do anything for the wielder except +3 HP if it's a melee weapon.

And you not only thought of a refine for Bladetomes earlier, but are also saying BRAVE WEAPONS don't need the refine?

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

If anything goes wrong we end up with a situation of Brave Lyn being more oppressive then Reinhardt. Atm Brave Lyn is being kept in check due to Dragons and bloatet Armorer BST. Which is kinda sad because it basicly nerfs all other units that actually COULD benefit greatly from a Brave weapon refine.

Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and other ranged cavalry are no longer that oppressive. The player has access to 5 team slots, so it should be pretty easy to just run a Raven mage to bait them while keeping your core 3 performance units the same.

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

like Raventomes, Owltomes and Litrblades?

Litrowl already has refines.

Litrblade does not need refines.

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

please read: I said dont touch brave weapons because of Bold Fighter. a Bold Fighter Brave Weapon user is self sufficent and basicly doesnt need any support to kill stuff. Litrblade on the other hand needs a group behind to actually get so strong and can be cockblocked by panic debuff.

Blame Bold Fighter for my opinion.

A Bold Fighter Brave weapon user needs Armor March support.

Litrblade on a non-infantry unit only needs a single ally with a movement-type Hone. Litrblade on an infantry unit can use a Link or a dual Rally+.

Armor March is neutralized by Gravity in the same way that Litrblade is neutralized by Panic.

25 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Cherche's Axe already has that refine as an option. That's just the standard Spd stat refine.

Amiti is simply a personal Brave Sword with Spd +3 already built into it. (Really, the only problem with Amiti is that it missed out on being able to get an extra +5 HP from having an actual refine instead of a built-in second skill.)