• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Look at those cute toes. Yeah, she definitely looks like the only generic enemy who doesn't want to fight us, but then we slaughter her like the monsters we are.

Maybe it's because she reminds Gustav of his failures. Part of me wonders after Henriette mentioned that something caused Gustav to change and Sharena dying in the book and the artwork of book 3 is if he had a sister who resembled Sharena, she died, and he blames himself for it. Maybe it wasn't a sister or his first love or something. Imagine if that person was from Embla or even Hel. That might make it really hard for him to talk to Sharena if she's essentially a walking reminder of his failures and to Alfonse if he desperately wants to prevent Alfonse from making the same mistakes he did. The worst part is that it might be something he can't prevent, but perhaps how Alfonse responds to it is what causes Gustav to change or lighten up. But who am I kidding, Book 3's story is going to even worse than Book 2's. :p

Anyway, on the subject of Eir, does anyone find her blue pegasus funny? Her pegasus being this weird, blue almost spirit, but maybe not spirit pegasus, its outlines, and it being a chibi makes it look funny to me.

Hey, I like legs and feet and all about those too, so those toes are cute to me too.

Too bad this isn’t going to ever be expanded upon in a reasonable and sensible way and instead will be stupid as usual.

Eir’s blue ghostly pegasus reminds me of Johny Awesome’s Twinkles. Years of having played World of Warcraft, oh my.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Too bad this isn’t going to ever be expanded upon in a reasonable and sensible way and instead will be stupid as usual.

Plot twist: Gustav is just mad that Sharena made him shit his pants laughing two years before the story began. Yes, he holds grudges. :p

Eir at this point to me is like Felicia and Flora combined. She has Felicia's derpiness to her, Flora's sadness to her, and both their well-meaning and kind sides, so she's a derptastically sad creature.

"Sharena, you come too, but please...don't disrupt the conversation."

"You can count on my silence!"

Book 2 Sharena intensifies

Yeesh, Fire Emblem has a nasty habit of telling the player not to care about its female characters before they get the axe. I wouldn't be surprised if Sharena's next and final line of dialogue is "If I gave my life for my people, I could die with no regrets." Because gods forbid any death be portrayed as a tragedy.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of cute generics, just look at the bow flier:
BtlFace.png
WHY IS SHE SO ADORABLE

Wait, I don't remember seeing her on the maps. Also, that short hair and the color reminds me of Ylgr. So, she truly was the enemy.

Just now, Kaden said:

Wait, I don't remember seeing her on the maps. Also, that short hair and the color reminds me of Ylgr. So, she truly was the enemy.

She appears as a reinforcement on 3.2-5, I assume.
Generic bow flier best girl, confirmed.

Just now, Alkaid said:

I was cackling editing this, I think somebody made an Evanescence one too.

Correct:

Can we replace the stupidly edgy song from the trailer with actual non-stupud non-edgy songs for real?

I really liked Eir. Her weapon is pretty good, and her skills are good too. Basically she is a dragon/staff units counter, since she can negates adapt damage and wrathful effect. The Double Swift Sparrow is welcomed too, and I liked her C-Skill concept. I need to test it... It's good to have a Free Flying dagger unit, and if you don't like her, at least she is a good fodder.

Also, no Young Azura in the Heroic Grails yet.

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I wonder if they are gonna phase out the Free Summon... :( I hope not. 

Nah, they said those are staying and the ticket is just another way to get another Free Summon on top of it~

Just saw this.

Eir's stuff was an info dump and this didn't even dawn on me until I saw it. I'm not sure who else would be able to make great use of Mystic Boost other than wanting a ranged unit to deal with dragons which would mainly be Deirdre, Julia, and anyone with Cloud Maiougi. You could try to counter the recoil damage for Bartre, with Celica, Eldigan, Valter, and anyone with a Push passive or the Ylissean Summer weapons, but that doesn't factor in the damage they would likely take during combat. The only character off the top of my head that might be able to use Mystic Boost well is Aversa. Renewal would passively heal her while Mystic Boost would decrease the damage she takes against Felicia, dragons, and healers and also heal her after combat to help with activating Aversa's Night, but once again, this doesn't factor in damage she takes during combat.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The only character off the top of my head that might be able to use Mystic Boost well is Aversa. Renewal would passively heal her while Mystic Boost would decrease the damage she takes against Felicia, dragons, and healers and also heal her after combat to help with activating Aversa's Night, but once again, this doesn't factor in damage she takes during combat.

You can't run both Mystic Boost and Renewal at the same time. Both are B skills.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can't run both Mystic Boost and Renewal at the same time. Both are B skills.

I was comparing and contrasting them. Renewal would always work, but on every other turn while Mystic Boost would prevent units from targeting the lower or her defensive stat, well, her defense, and healers with Wrathful Staff from dealing normal damage to her, but it only heals her when she fights something.

Edited by Kaden