Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I wish we could lock teams/skills in more mode than just Aether Raids Defense. 

Now I have 

• daily runs in Aether Raids offense
  • weekly runs in AA
  • weekly runs in regular Arena offense 
  • AR defense (whole week)
  • Arena defense (whole week)
  • occasional special clears (LHB/GHB/BHB and other stuff)

All six use members of my core team but with different skills. It's especially annoying to start an AR run and recognize to have mixed up all skills and seals for stuff like arena offense (where they only support), AA (Double Rally!) or special clears (everything is possible). 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Ugh, this week's Tactic Drills took me the longest of them all, I think.

It's not that it's hard, exactly, it's that the solution is obscure + whoever wrote the hint had no idea how hints are supposed to work. The point of a hint is that you can use them to distinguish the 'true route' and the tons of 'false routes,' but so many false routes does exactly what the hint tells you to do that it's completely pointless.

(Also it's kind of stupid that the solution involved deliberately playing turns inefficiently---it was literally the only piece I was missing, I basically knew where everything else went, except I got to the end with more resources than I was supposed to have since I played more efficient than I was supposed to.)

Edited by DehNutCase

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Eir's banner didn't do well, but that's most likely we not knowing anything about her as well as being the only new hero (doesn't help we barely know her)

But it was just released. I would wait for the Focus to finish before judging its performance.

— — — — — — —

Did they release Book III's full theme song yet? I cannot really find much information on it. It has kind of grown on me a little.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Eir's banner didn't do well, but that's most likely we not knowing anything about her as well as being the only new hero (doesn't help we barely know her)

People might be waiting until they have all the tickets before the go for this banner, possibly.

That being said, I kinda don't want it to go well. I want more new characters introduced not the pitiful amount we've had of late >.< I'm guessing next banner is seasonal, so more alts -.- I don't mind seasonal alts as much but there have been so few new FE characters in -.-

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I wish we could lock teams/skills in more mode than just Aether Raids Defense. 

Now I have 

• daily runs in Aether Raids offense
  • weekly runs in AA
  • weekly runs in regular Arena offense 
  • AR defense (whole week)
  • Arena defense (whole week)
  • occasional special clears (LHB/GHB/BHB and other stuff)

All six use members of my core team but with different skills. It's especially annoying to start an AR run and recognize to have mixed up all skills and seals for stuff like arena offense (where they only support), AA (Double Rally!) or special clears (everything is possible). 

Same here. I suppose this is why they gave us the skill set swapping system, though I find it a bit clunky still to do it that way. At the very least I wish they'd let you lock arena defense like they do AR defense.

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

People might be waiting until they have all the tickets before the go for this banner, possibly.

That being said, I kinda don't want it to go well. I want more new characters introduced not the pitiful amount we've had of late >.< I'm guessing next banner is seasonal, so more alts -.- I don't mind seasonal alts as much but there have been so few new FE characters in -.-

That's what I'm doing. If not for the tickets I might have splurged trying to get Ophelia and Special Spiral fodder. I'll wait until I've gotten all the tickets to include them in my summoning. I should be waiting for the Christmas trailer anyway to be sure I want to blow orbs, so I guess it's a good thing. (IS accidentally swaying me AWAY from wasting orbs carelessly)

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

But it was just released. I would wait for the Focus to finish before judging its performance.

47 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The game loses grossing (revenue) rankings after the first day of a new heroes banner as the first day is where the hype is at. While there is a chance of deviancy with the newly introduced ticket system, all banners before have lost steam after the first day as the first day is when most of the big spenders do some currency exchange

EDIT: the banner's grossing rankings were rather bad for a huge IP like FE. It was 35 in the US and 17 in JP. Then again, OCs without a pre-established fanbase don't perform on par with popular characters. Especially when you were just introduced like 1 day ago

Edited by silveraura25

well, I'm currently enjoying my new status as f2p this go around. I've gathered up about 70 orbs and gotten 3 5* out of it from various sniping on the different banners. Azure from the Hero Fest with Nephenee, Owain from his, and Flora from Ike/Soren banner. Together with promoting Takumi and getting all the free 5*, newbies have it kinda easy. I did catch myself going, "Oh, I should bring unit X" *sees no unit X* "Riiight...oh well."

Still Eir with her heals makes leveling lower level characters much easier when they're up against a higher level character. I was watching Olivia get hit from full health down to half on EP and then Eir's skill triggers and she's back up to full hp. It was hilarious. It took 3 turns for Olivia to get the kill and the level, but it was funny. 

I think my only real downside right now...is lack of positioning skills. I have 0 units with positioning capabilities.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

well, I'm currently enjoying my new status as f2p this go around. I've gathered up about 70 orbs and gotten 3 5* out of it from various sniping on the different banners. Azure from the Hero Fest with Nephenee, Owain from his, and Flora from Ike/Soren banner. Together with promoting Takumi and getting all the free 5*, newbies have it kinda easy. I did catch myself going, "Oh, I should bring unit X" *sees no unit X* "Riiight...oh well."

Still Eir with her heals makes leveling lower level characters much easier when they're up against a higher level character. I was watching Olivia get hit from full health down to half on EP and then Eir's skill triggers and she's back up to full hp. It was hilarious. It took 3 turns for Olivia to get the kill and the level, but it was funny. 

I think my only real downside right now...is lack of positioning skills. I have 0 units with positioning capabilities.

You got back into the game?! Welcome back! I do hope your f2p status will be off to a good start

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

The game loses grossing (revenue) rankings after the first day of a new heroes banner as the first day is where the hype is at. While there is a chance of deviancy with the newly introduced ticket system, all banners before have lost steam after the first day as the first day is when most of the big spenders do some currency exchange

EDIT: the banner's grossing rankings were rather bad for a huge IP like FE. It was 35 in the US and 17 in JP. Then again, OCs without a pre-established fanbase don't perform on par with popular characters. Especially when you were just introduced like 1 day ago

I'm not sure what you're expecting out of a one-new-character original-character banner that only lasts for 7 days. It's pretty much a higher-profile side banner with no main banner currently running.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure what you're expecting out of a one-new-character original-character banner that only lasts for 7 days. It's pretty much a higher-profile side banner with no main banner currently running.

Not expecting much, but this is the debut banner of book 3. Just interested in how many people will buy into the merge thing for AR (a few copies of Eir is significant enough to affect scoring so maybe they let the merge thing slide and were more interested in gaining one or two copies max). Unfortunately I don't have the data for Fjorm's and Gunnthra's debute banner to compare

Edited by silveraura25

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Not expecting much, but this is the debut banner of book 3. Just interested in how many people will buy into the merge thing for AR (a few copies of Eir is significant enough to affect scoring so maybe they let the merge thing slide and were more interested in gaining one or two copies max). Unfortunately I don't have the data for Fjorm's and Gunnthra's debute banner to compare

All you need is like 2 extra copies of Eir to get the big scoring gains since running 2 copies of Eir and 3 blessed allies (the one extra copy of Eir is just for the blessing) gets you +60 to your score. Merges only add +1 to your score each, which isn't a large enough boost to really be worth it unless you're swimming in money.

EDIT: Also add that to the fact that this is a Hero Fest banner, making it easier to pull copies of her with less money spent, which was probably also a factor with Surtr on his banner.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Well… if we aren’t getting any new characters at all this month, I can hopefully save for whatever comes after the laguz banner. Please be Archanea or Genealogy Gen 2.

Is there no laguz you like character wise? Thracia would be better than more Geneology due to lack of Thracia heroes IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Is there no laguz you like character wise? Thracia would be better than more Geneology due to lack of Thracia heroes IMO. 

Not really. Well, Lethe is cute at least, and tsunderes are kinda sorta my type. I might pull for her if she is a thing.

Thracia would be better than no Thracia, but there are still a lot of Genealogy peeps I’d love to see in the game. If it is Thracia and these aren’t R&O alts again, though, I wouldn’t be upset at all.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All you need is like 2 extra copies of Eir to get the big scoring gains since running 2 copies of Eir and 3 blessed allies (the one extra copy of Eir is just for the blessing) gets you +60 to your score. Merges only add +1 to your score each, which isn't a large enough boost to really be worth it unless you're swimming in money.

Personally I think you should run 3 copies of Eir for performance. Inside Aether Raids I actually rate Eir 9.5 or 10/10 because her blessing is +10 stackable stats without positioning requirements, which is so much better than Goad/Ward it's not even funny---and she even has Goad/Ward access as a flier.

Dancers are the best mobility support in the game, but Eir is the best stat support.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: Also add that to the fact that this is a Hero Fest banner, making it easier to pull copies of her with less money spent, which was probably also a factor with Surtr on his banner.

Yeah. It's as you said. Unless you're a score perfectionist swimming in money, there isn't a need to summon on this banner unless... You want to +10 the unit, but she's a brand new character. Nobody really knows her

I won't deny that rates do affect the revenue, but I don't think it's to an extent where just because they're easier to summon it affects the gross rankings very significantly.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You got back into the game?! Welcome back! I do hope your f2p status will be off to a good start

i'm ashamed of my weakness. But the premise of book 3 looked to promising to pass up. Since I'm not really gonna bother with competitive play this go around, I think i can manage. This time I can genuinely build and go after characters that I enjoy instead of being an ocd collector.

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Same here. I suppose this is why they gave us the skill set swapping system, though I find it a bit clunky still to do it that way. At the very least I wish they'd let you lock arena defense like they do AR defense.

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Skill sets are great for my AA teams. Sort by blessing, swap to AA sets and after getting my score set everything back. 

Arena defense isn't that important. After getting my first win I never care what skills they have.

AR offense lock would be cool though. Doing that every morning and until 3.0 you weren't allowed to make mistakes. AA and arena can be redone countless of times ... 

Arena: I hope I got a Defense Win

Aether Raids: I hope no one fought my Defense Team

33 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Has this ever happened before?

if not, I hope that isn't a new strategy to cut cost by spacing banners furthermore.

Never, it's a bit confounding, since I'd imagine the money made by the banners would surpass any development cost, and new banners is the way they make money in the first place.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

i'm ashamed of my weakness. But the premise of book 3 looked to promising to pass up. Since I'm not really gonna bother with competitive play this go around, I think i can manage. This time I can genuinely build and go after characters that I enjoy instead of being an ocd collector.

yay!! you can be like me :)
welcome back! (you can add me as a friend if you'd like :) )

So the Hero Fest banner ends on the 18th, and the quests for the new chapters will expire on the 28th. I wonder if we'll get Christmas and New Year's banners on those days.