Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

So we are getting compensation orbs because of another glich with Aether Raids? Good! Keep gliching the thing sending these orbs!

Is it bad that I wish the orbs were grails instead?  Don't get me wrong as F2P every orb matters, but grails are the thing I want just as much if not more then orbs.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Is it bad that I wish the orbs were grails instead?  Don't get me wrong as F2P every orb matters, but grails are the thing I want just as much if not more then orbs.

Orbs directly translate into grails considering how the blessings work.

: /

Just now, DehNutCase said:

True, I just wish that it was just grails instead of having to go through the extra steps.  Oh well at least I get a chance at Airzura with the orbs.

31 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If only those 5 orbs would get me a second Eir and not another Virion.

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I can't even make a guess for these. Interesting.

Christmas Askr Trio and Fjorm. Anna, Sharena and Fjorm on the banner, with Alfonse as the TT reward.

Also, walked my through the last of Book 1. Pretty sure they've had book 3 in the works longer than they did for Book 2, as I'm fairly certain that the source of Embla's Curse is from Hel. Bruno's lines allude to that much, at any rate. Maybe we'll get Bruno mid-Book 3?

Edited by silverserpent

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fates has a lot of songs associated with Hoshido… and they reuse an FE12 song because reasons.

Intsys why.

Not surprising considering that a cash cow like groom Marth was made a freebie. L!Marth revenue was lit. They don't know what they're doing.

An update on one skill tag ffrom the datamine

Spoiler

A firesweep/dazzle user equipped with null-dazzle is affected by their skill

Edited by silveraura25

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fates has a lot of songs associated with Hoshido… and they reuse an FE12 song because reasons.

Intsys why.

This, I don't even know why the heck they mixed NM with Fates.

Also, Fir ate his mother, decided to sacrifice +res -atk Karla to give her Wrath and wreck stuff with her blade. I'm 45 dew short of giving her her unique refinement. Additionally I want to expand my FE6 units considering March comes with new Sword of Seals heroes. My next project is training Bartre with some stance or blow setup and his Axe of Virility.

It's also nice to know Linus's GHB revival is coming next week, whoo!

Was trying to look through old posts to find my CYL2 votes for another topic only to notice a few things. Members of the Heroes community just disappeared over time. Saddens my heart to see fellow players not interact with with others here anymore. Another thing was that there aren't any more pointless topics from not knowing the forum rules. Are we even getting new members who play Heroes anymore? That's a rhetorical question

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Was trying to look through old posts to find my CYL2 votes for another topic only to notice a few things. Members of the Heroes community just disappeared over time. Saddens my heart to see fellow players not interact with with others here anymore. Another thing was that there aren't any more pointless topics from not knowing the forum rules. Are we even getting new members who play Heroes anymore? That's a rhetorical question

Might it be a Serenes thing more than a Heroes one? I can't say, since I don't really visit the other parts of the forum to tell how those are doing. But it does seem like Gfaqs and other places still get new Heroes people pretty regularly. I've noticed disappearing faces around here too, though still a few newer people as well.

Now that the last two banners of the year have been confirmed to be seasonal, I took a look at this year’s new hero banners and tallied them up by game representation:

FE1/11: 0
FE2/15: 0
FE3/12: 0
FE4: 2
FE5: 1
FE6: 0
FE7: 1
FE8: 1
FE9: 0
FE10: 1
FE13: 2
FE14: 3
OCs: 2
Misc/CYL: 4

The Misc banners added three new Heroes for FE2/15, one for FE3/12, one for FE7, one for FE8, two for Awakening, and three for Heroes.  With 26 banners over the course of a year and 11 of those allotted to seasonals + CYL, I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to want each game to be represented at least once.  Hell, FE1 and 3 can be condensed into one as IS doesn’t seem to acknowledge the former at all (Wrys outstanding).  That leaves four banners left over for OCs and Three Houses promotion.  When there’s still so many characters left to be added, seeing some games get two or more dedicated banners while others are neglected entirely is a bit disheartening.  I can understand the lack of FE2/15 given it got four banners last year, but there’s no excuse for the absence of FE3, 6 and 9…

19 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:
  • FE1/11: 0
  • FE2/15: 0
  • FE3/12: 0
  • FE6: 0
  • FE9: 0

Wow... that is insane.  I'm absolutely stunned that it's been that long without exclusive banners from those games.  No wonder IS announced their plans for Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade banners so early.  Seriously - where's the love for the original games, Gaiden/SoV and PoR?  At least beast units are coming, but my goodness....

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

The Misc banners added three new Heroes for FE2/15, one for FE3/12, one for FE7, one for FE8, two for Awakening, and three for Heroes.  With 26 banners over the course of a year and 11 of those allotted to seasonals + CYL, I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to want each game to be represented at least once.  Hell, FE1 and 3 can be condensed into one as IS doesn’t seem to acknowledge the former at all (Wrys outstanding).  That leaves four banners left over for OCs and Three Houses promotion.  When there’s still so many characters left to be added, seeing some games get two or more dedicated banners while others are neglected entirely is a bit disheartening.  I can understand the lack of FE2/15 given it got four banners last year, but there’s no excuse for the absence of FE3, 6 and 9…

I made a post on Reddit when it comes to representation. How would you balance the banners? 

Also, what are the 4 miscellaneous banners? The only ones I recall are the two Brave heroes banners and Fallen Heroes. 

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I made a post on Reddit when it comes to representation. How would you balance the banners? 

Also, what are the 4 miscellaneous banners? The only ones I recall are the two Brave heroes banners and Fallen Heroes. 

I counted the current Hero Fest, but it's sort of this bizarre in-between banner with no precedence.

I'd like each game to get at least one banner (FE1/3 can share), which takes up 11.  Nine seasonals + two CYL banners is par for the course, bringing it up to 22.  I expect at least three banners to promote Three Houses, and another banner featuring the Book 3 OCs upon its conclusion.  Although, I can see OCs needing a second banner if IS decides Alfonse and Sharena's parents should be playable and more are introduced later like Laegjarn and Helbindi.  

NB: moving away from the Christmas banner thread.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That's why I found it worth noting compared to the paralogues and xenologues which mostly consisted of alts of characters already in the game.

New Heroes banners having new characters is the expectation and so not worth noting. Those paralogue banners were all Special Heroes, which is expected to be all alts.

I'm not sure how we got to talking about CYL2

That's because you don't read the whole conversation chain before replying.

all story banners from Chapter 6 onwards had at least two new units.

Chapter 6 itself didn't, and neither did chapter 8.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

NB: moving away from the Christmas banner thread.

New Heroes banners having new characters is the expectation and so not worth noting. Those paralogue banners were all Special Heroes, which is expected to be all alts.

That's because you don't read the whole conversation chain before replying.

Chapter 6 itself didn't, and neither did chapter 8.

Unnecessarily harsh choice of words there on your part assuming this is apparently a regular habit of mine despite this being (what I assume is) our only meeting, but I suppose that's what you meant by "last few months" by mentioning CYL2. Point is that this isn't new from my perspective, so...thinking about it, I guess I was provoked it up since you mentioned how alt-heavy it's been and people have been talking about expecting new units during the period of time inbetween books where we normally don't get new heroes and only special ones? In hindsight, I guess it wasn't really noteworthy to your remark, so my bad.

True, if you exclude the Morgans, and Shigure was indeed in the game already. My mistake for not remembering those units.

Edit: Sorry for the weird text. Something weird happened when I was deleting words. :/

Edited by NoirCore

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Unnecessarily harsh choice of words there on your part assuming this is apparently a regular habit of mine despite this being (what I assume is) our only meeting,

I apologise, I didn’t mean to imply that, but I see how it could be taken that way.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

but I suppose that's what you meant by "last few months" by mentioning CYL2. Point is that this isn't new from my perspective, so...thinking about it, I guess I was provoked it up since you mentioned how alt-heavy it's been and people have been talking about expecting new units during the period of time inbetween books where we normally don't get new heroes and only special ones? In hindsight, I guess it wasn't really noteworthy to your remark, so my bad.

I was actually complaining about that before I edited it out because it was too off-topic. I left “last few months” in there by mistake.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

i find it hilarious that for the longest time Mist was the last 5* I needed from colorless. What does my free ticket give me today? "Here! Have a Mist! Offbanner luck to you~!"

That's...fine. I needed a good healer. Now to wait for decent fodder.

Ouch... I believe Mist is one of the worst 5-Stars units on the summoning pool. She doesn't have good stats or skills to inherit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ouch... I believe Mist is one of the worst 5-Stars units on the summoning pool. She doesn't have good stats or skills to inherit.

I really hope January's refines are themed around Tellius and she gets one. Could be the Ashera Staff, the Matrona Staff or maybe the Elsilence.

16 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I really hope January's refines are themed around Tellius and she gets one. Could be the Ashera Staff, the Matrona Staff or maybe the Elsilence.

I would love old staff units with exclusive weapons and refinenements. To be fair, the refinement could be what we already have (wrathful/dazzling).