Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I know how it will end for some. 

Buy Fjorm bundle and Orbs to have a better chance grabbing Gunnthra -> pull for Gunnthra -> get pity Broken by Fjorm.

Btw 110 + 30 orbs is the same as the most expensive orb bundle? I guess it will fall in the same price class. 

I mean, just avoid Green?

..would have been nicer if we get either a free Gunnthra or Hrid to prevent colour share hell but yeah they'd never do that.

not like I purchase the bundle anyway but if it was that way I would have been a little more tempted.

the one with the Grails has more value though since you can get a free Hero with the grails as well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean, just avoid Green?

I should have added something

Buy Fjorm bundle and Orbs to have a better chance grabbing Gunnthra -> pull for Gunnthra ->  get a circle with 5 green orbs -> get pity Broken by Fjorm.

I know that 5 greens are damn rare though. xD

Plan remains the same. red on first circle and saving for Nailah. And also won't buy it. 

Edited by Stroud

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... They're actually letting us purchase Fjorm and Laevatein and extra stuff directly???

Yeah, and I like how it's the two who weren't even sharing a color with someone else anyways. The people who want just Gunnthra or just Hrid? They still get to suffer in Red hell, in constant fear of the other one (or worse, some shitter who should've been demoted from 5* exclusivity at least a year ago) pity-breaking them.

The bundles will probably cost either the same as the usual 140 orb pack ($75, in the United States) or something similar.

I forget how the prices of previous monthly orb bundles have compared to buying the same amount of orbs normally. Does anyone know?

Edit: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Special_Orb_Promo

Looks like they were 21 orbs for $10. None of the usual offers are for 21 orbs, but with the usual offers, the best you can get is still slightly worse than 2 orbs per dollar. So this could be like $70 or so rather than $75.

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

The bundles will probably cost either the same as the usual 140 orb pack ($75, in the United States) or something similar.

I forget how the prices of previous monthly orb bundles have compared to buying the same amount of orbs normally. Does anyone know?

in Canada instead of 20ish or so, the monthly pack is 13. so a nice little saving. 
i made a resolution not to really spend more money in the game other than the pack  but i'll have to see how much this deal is. (Not like it matters i literally have NO money so it's moot)

but the thing is. why couldn't the option be to buy ANY of them? I know if i tried for Gunnthra (whom i like) i'd probably get a million Hrids.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's true. At least Fjorm has the valuable Reposition and a good link.

5 colourless is more likely, but then Laevatein has Wrathful Staff so that's good as well.

I saw that.my idea was i could get her and then She, Sumia, Lavetain and then someone else could be a team, and all benefit from link skill awesomeness.

Edited by daisy jane

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's true. At least Fjorm has the valuable Reposition and a good link.

5 colourless is more likely, but then Laevatein has Wrathful Staff so that's good as well.

True, its not for nothing. They are both nice fodder. I still like Hone Atk 4 the most out of the C skills we can get. It just would look nice on L!Azura. All stats +7 is a nice little upgrade.

If I am lucky with Nailah I will give it a try. But limited.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

21 orb bundles are at 9.99 $ Don't know how they compare to the normal orb packs in $

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Special_Orb_Promo

Here is a list in various currencies

Edited by Stroud

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and I like how it's the two who weren't even sharing a color with someone else anyways. The people who want just Gunnthra or just Hrid? They still get to suffer in Red hell, in constant fear of the other one (or worse, some shitter who should've been demoted from 5* exclusivity at least a year ago) pity-breaking them.

Hrid really should have been a lance unit. That way, each Nifl sibling is a color that they weren't before, none of them are blocking each other, and even if you want to look at the "trinity of seasonal flying boys" there is no seasonal male lance flier anyway. Why did they make Hrid a fucking sword again. Other than to pull a winter Chrom and winter Lissa?

EDIT: Also, I just realized. Even if this means Fjorm and Gunnthra would've been blocking each other, why is Fjorm a green bow? We have two of blue and green bows and not a single red bow. Does IS just hate anything that's red that's not a sword?

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Apparently they cost the same as the highest orb pack. Oh well, I am not using 80€ on this. D=. For whales it will be still a good price though. 

yah i bet. :) 
yah not spending that much. 
I'll risk it (lightly) if not they'll be on  legendary in a few months

$150 USD for both bundles, but on top of 280 orbs, you also get 20k Feathers, 400 Aether Stones, 200 Heroic Grails, and presumably neutral natures of NYoFaI Fjorm and Laevatein. Pretty good deal for anyone willing to buy both. I might come into enough money to buy both at some point, but only if the promo lasts long enough...

Nyofai... that's a rather long abbreviation that sounds like an actual word if you say it quick enough...

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yah i bet. :) 
yah not spending that much. 
I'll risk it (lightly) if not they'll be on  legendary in a few months

Note that it's easier to snipe a specific unit on a regular banner than on a legendary one. Although the legendary one means a chance of getting the other focus units in the color, as well.

At first, upon reading about the bundles from the in-game notification, I was pretty excited.

But upon checking the FEH subreddit, I found out that they each cost 75 USD... and have a time limit. The time limit is a huge dealbreaker for me; now I'm at best extremely unsure about getting those packs.

IS, that's not exactly the best way to open the New Year, especially when New Year's is the bigger holiday event than Christmas is to the Japanese.

Edited by Roflolxp54

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

But upon checking the FEH subreddit, I found out that they each cost 75 USD... and have a time limit. The time limit is a huge dealbreaker for me; now I'm at best extremely unsure about getting those packs.

Uhm, did you honestly expect anything else? Regular 140 packs cost $75 and they only have 140 orbs. These packs include feathers, grails or stones, and a unit a lot of people want. 

75 dollars is way too much to spend on this game, especially when I'm not super motivated about it either. Shame, really. I feel like if they'd cut the amount of extra stuff they were giving out by about 1/4, as well as the price, there would've been more people considering the offer. I mean, spending 15-20 dollars for a guaranteed seasonal 5-star, 30 + 5 orbs, 2500 feathers, and 100 refining stones/50 grails would've still been a good deal. (EDIT: I don't remember how many stones and grails they were. Just cut the amount by 1/4.)

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Uhm, did you honestly expect anything else? Regular 140 packs cost $75 and they only have 140 orbs. These packs include feathers, grails or stones, and a unit a lot of people want. 

The price is not unexpected. I mainly hate the time limit part. Like the bundles are only available for January 2019 and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The price is not unexpected. I mainly hate the time limit part. Like the bundles are only available for January 2019 and that's it.

But the bundles are literally there because the banners are. The banners are only available for January 2019 and that’s it.

52 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Also, I just realized. Even if this means Fjorm and Gunnthra would've been blocking each other, why is Fjorm a green bow? We have two of blue and green bows and not a single red bow. Does IS just hate anything that's red that's not a sword?

I kind of wanted her to be colourless since getting Reposition in colourless pool would be refreshing. Also no WTD but then she'd have to share with Laevateinn and that's gonna be fun.

That $75(It's about $100 CN lol) price point is rather off putting but it's totally manageable with time. It's great for regular orb buyers but this won't entice f2p and dolphins to get. I would probably buy one if there wasn't a time limit but I'm a broke student, I can't spare $100 in one month.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I kind of wanted her to be colourless since getting Reposition in colourless pool would be refreshing. Also no WTD but then she'd have to share with Laevateinn and that's gonna be fun.

Oh yeah, we don't have a reposition in the colorless summoning pool. We really need a 4-star hero with reposition in there.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Note that it's easier to snipe a specific unit on a regular banner than on a legendary one. Although the legendary one means a chance of getting the other focus units in the color, as well.

i know. it's kinda bummery because i do like Gunnthra, i just don't want Hrid, I'm only going for Fjorm because Coloured Bow/Ranged Flying unit. (had she been an axe i'd be fine with Minerva/Michalis).

(sigh). 

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I kind of wanted her to be colourless since getting Reposition in colourless pool would be refreshing. 

You will not get Reposition in grey pool because she is not getting into the general pool. 

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, we don't have a reposition in the colorless summoning pool. We really need a 4-star hero with reposition in there.

We need 3★ Reposition, not 4★. Silas should have dropped straight into 3–4★.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

We need 3★ Reposition, not 4★. Silas should have dropped straight into 3–4★.

I'm not disagreeing with that sentiment, but baby steps.