Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

huh...

I just summoned Flora today, and noticed her Hoarfrost Knife had a little tidbit I never noticed before, probably because it was more recently added...

"If unit initiates combat and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage..."

I suppose we still don't know enough about Beast units, but I wonder why it's called Beast Damage...?

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

huh...

I just summoned Flora today, and noticed her Hoarfrost Knife had a little tidbit I never noticed before, probably because it was more recently added...

"If unit initiates combat and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage..."

I suppose we still don't know enough about Beast units, but I wonder why it's called Beast Damage...?

Presumably because beaststone wouldn't work for Laguz units (unless I'm recalling Tellius wrong, they don't actually use a stone to transform, do they?), while beast damage can apply to Laguz and non-Laguz beasts.

Not sure why they didn't just say "sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast" though.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

From a lore perspective, it doesn't make sense since the term "Beast" explicitly refers to Cats, Tigers, Lions, and Wolves in Tellius. The Bird Tribe is its own thing.

Given the 3DS shifters are all beasts and should play the same as Laguz, it should accurately describe the majority of will-be units in this category. 

Given it says dragonstone when the FEH weapon type is Breath, this doesn't tell us what the new weapon type will be called. I'd guess Strike, for that is the name of the Laguz weapons rank in RD, but that is only a guess. The word "Strike" in skill descriptions would be problematic though, since we already have skills like Mirror Strike.

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Presumably because beaststone wouldn't work for Laguz units (unless I'm recalling Tellius wrong, they don't actually use a stone to transform, do they?), while beast damage can apply to Laguz and non-Laguz beasts.

Not sure why they didn't just say "sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast" though.

Dragonstone technically doesn't work for Expiration, which is a breath weapon that doesn't have a weapon sprite (there's no dragonstone sprite for it). In Japanese, the "dragonstone" weapon type is simply referred to as "dragon".

The reason why they're using "beast damage" instead of just "beast" is because of the "if foe uses" part where "if foe uses beast" makes less sense than "if foe uses beast damage".

This issue doesn't exist in Japanese because they use the wording "if foe is sword, lance, axe, dragon, or beast".

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

huh...

It seems to have been added to all lists of range 1 weapons as of the NY update.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It seems to have been added to all lists of range 1 weapons as of the NY update.

It's also for Windsweep, I noticed when doing Hector and Matthew's BHB~

If unit initiates combat, unit cannot make a follow-up attack. If unit's Spd > foe's Spd and foe uses sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger, or beast damage, foe cannot counterattack.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Of course that Infernal BHB Axe Fighter in front of the long tunnel to Clarine had to have Guard ... *narf* 

And the red mage Axe Breaker, for Surtrs friends like me :D

Although it wasn’t enough to stop my team of Surtr, Azura, Eir and Eir 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Of course that Infernal BHB Axe Fighter in front of the long tunnel to Clarine had to have Guard ... *narf* 

In case of an emergency, release the Celica!
Screenshot_20190104-141217.png

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

In case of an emergency, release the Celica!

I would, but that is not turn one. ;-/ 

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

And the red mage Axe Breaker, for Surtrs friends like me :D

Although it wasn’t enough to stop my team of Surtr, Azura, Eir and Eir 

Didn't know you were into Sutr. I already bite myself twice for skipping his banner. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would, but that is not turn one. ;-/ 

One-turning stuff is lactose overdosing. How do you manage to stay alive after so much cheese?

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

One-turning stuff is lactose overdosing. How do you manage to stay alive after so much cheese?

I love cheese, but the strong one. 

Also not every one-turn clear is easier than the classic way. 

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't know you were into Sutr. I already bite myself twice for skipping his banner. 

Yes, I joined the Surtr master race with my saved orbs. Even my -Atk does great!

Edited by Javi Blizz

Never mind, I found a solution. Three kills on EP is not my favorite to clear things though. 

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yes, I joined the Surtr master race with my saved orbs. Even my -Atk does great!

I found that -ATK doesn't hurt most of the newest units anyway. Ask my L!Marth, L!Hrid and L!Azura. Hrid is big fun, Marth too strong and Azura doesn't need to fight. 

Hope I'll get Sutr someday, I tend to like the evil guys. 

It took me a stupid long time to clear infernal. Because of course that stupid red cavalier had to have axebreaker to 1RKO PA!Azura. Of course that thief conveniently had enough speed to double +spd PA!Azura. Of course that lance cavalier had rally attack up+. Of course that red cavalier had conveniently enough speed to double Reinhardt with Eirika S-support within his vicinity.

Eventually, I decided to say "fuck it" and used a team of RD!Ike, Fjorm, and Eir alongside PA!Azura. And of course that team worked. Of course.

Who the fuck needs anything besides f2p units lol

I've done the BHBs already, haven't figured out the special clear but the normal teams were wrapped up pretty quick. Haven't recorded yet though. Kinda started to get choked up getting ready to do it. Might put it off for a few days. It's kind of hard to believe I won't be doing this anymore after this one.

The Klein/Clarine map was a bit trickier then I thought. I certainly did't expect to see reinforcements in a BHB.

Still this little bro/sis team up was no match for my bro/sis team consisting of Blucina, Mmorgan, Summer Takumi and Sakura. I went with Neko sakura and OG Takumi first, but Neko Sakura was bad on this map and OG Takumi just performed terribly in general.

Edited by Sasori

I find it interesting that weapons and skills were updated to include beast units already but their icon doesn’t appear when filtering for skills.

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dragonstone technically doesn't work for Expiration, which is a breath weapon that doesn't have a weapon sprite (there's no dragonstone sprite for it). In Japanese, the "dragonstone" weapon type is simply referred to as "dragon".

The reason why they're using "beast damage" instead of just "beast" is because of the "if foe uses" part where "if foe uses beast" makes less sense than "if foe uses beast damage".

This issue doesn't exist in Japanese because they use the wording "if foe is sword, lance, axe, dragon, or beast".

Beast Damage sounds terrible though. They should have just done what the Spanish localization did and named it Beast Attack. Questionable choice.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Screenshot_20190104-205930.png

I wish Def Smoke was more easily available. Put it on a summonable already, you cowards.

I mean, def smoke technically is summonable just not permanently. It’s on spring Alfonse.

I'm not back, but I thought I'd mention that one of writers for FGO said it took them 1-2 months to get artwork for a servant ready. I'm guessing it takes for FEH about the same. Possibly even less since no backround art

Edited by redlight

I’ve quit playing FEH. It took up way too much of my time, and I haven’t liked where things are going with it for a while.

I actually haven’t opened it since the new year, and I am totally ok with it. It’s time for me to catch-up on the massive backlog of real video games I need to get around to playing. 

I’m still going to follow what goes on as far as new banners go, and I might drop by to give my opinion once in a while, but I for sure will not be playing again. 

With that being said. Legendary Azura is the most disgusting kind of power creep yet. I am so glad I got out before I had to deal with that in AR. 

The merge change is probably a great thing. It would have been nice to seen that earlier.