Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I uninstalled. Been nice almost two years. So long.
No idea why I felt the need to tell this to everyone, but whatever.

Aww... Sorry to see you go. You finally got to enjoy a seasonal unit too with GOW!Cecilia.

Part of me wants to quit too, but after spending so much into the game, I cannot bear to let it go.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Part of me wants to quit too, but after spending so much into the game, I cannot bear to let it go.

Couldn't you just downgrade to more casual play? Being seriously invested is probably a chore after a certain point. And to be fair, mobile games are supposed to, in some perspectives, just supposed to be something that you play whenever you have a little free time.

The only real issue I see is Orbs. Without those, one cannot get the characters they want to enjoy in their casual play. So they kinda force I would think play a little more than casual.

Could people stop being such downers? It makes me feel like I've booked a ticket on Fall Airways. And I'm sure for whatever issues of FEH, there are 100 gatchas that are far far worse. Finally IS gives us more Tellius representation, and are promising FE6 stuff in the future, there is still hope for the most important thing- diverse game representation; don't kill this game for me before it actually ends.

38 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I'm surprised everyone cares so much about powercreep. I love it! The new skills are fascinating and give me new ways to use my favorite units with SI. As long as they're not locked on units, I love the Tier 4 skills. They bring about viability to old fav units. I just got Death Blow 4 finally, so at least I have that for a unit, and maybe if I get lucky I'll get some Sturdy Impact fodder cause that skill looks beautiful!

The best budget A-skill is probably still Fury and there's a mountain of A-skills locked behind 5 star exclusivity. Consumer dissatisfaction wouldn't be as high if they just listen to complaints about powercreeping skills and garbage skills in the summoning pool remaining useless. No one would be salty if they had easy access to Sturdy Impact. No one was mad at BK for being OP at the time of his release bcs everyone got a piece of that Black Luna pie.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just uninstall the app spontaneously. It's much easier to act the less you think about the action

Edited by redlight

19 minutes ago, redlight said:

The best budget A-skill is probably still Fury and there's a mountain of A-skills locked behind 5 star exclusivity. Consumer dissatisfaction wouldn't be as high if they just listen to complaints about powercreeping skills and garbage skills in the summoning pool remaining useless. No one would be salty if they had easy access to Sturdy Impact. No one was mad at BK for being OP at the time of his release bcs everyone got a piece of that Black Luna pie.

But isn't part of the fun that not everyone does have access to Sturdy Impact? As a F2P player, it gives me something to work towards, and the exclusivity of new, powerful skills makes me careful when I'm foddering to give it to the best candidate. And makes me incorporate more strategy into how I build a unit. I don't think people should be salty just because they don't have easy access to something.

I agree there's a lot of garbage skills, but I sorta like the A-skills that are locked behind 5*. Makes it feel really special. Like when I finally got a Hector to give my Joshua Distant Counter! It was great!

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Couldn't you just downgrade to more casual play? Being seriously invested is probably a chore after a certain point. And to be fair, mobile games are supposed to, in some perspectives, just supposed to be something that you play whenever you have a little free time.

The only real issue I see is Orbs. Without those, one cannot get the characters they want to enjoy in their casual play. So they kinda force I would think play a little more than casual.

Could people stop being such downers? It makes me feel like I've booked a ticket on Fall Airways. And I'm sure for whatever issues of FEH, there are 100 gatchas that are far far worse. Finally IS gives us more Tellius representation, and are promising FE6 stuff in the future, there is still hope for the most important thing- diverse game representation; don't kill this game for me before it actually ends.

Besides collecting waifus and husbandos, the main thing that keeps me interested in Heroes is the PvP, so it is kind of hard to play it casually. I do take it easy in PvP and I am content with staying in the top 10,000 in all three modes.

I guess I am just hooked on to the dopamine rush when I summon, and now that my income is low, I cannot summon as much anymore.

37 minutes ago, redlight said:

Just uninstall the app spontaneously. It's much easier to act the less you think about the action

But it is hard not to think about the action. It like putting your own baby up for adoption.

10 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

But isn't part of the fun that not everyone does have access to Sturdy Impact?

To the whales who like to stroke their own egos over having the newest stuff available while most others don’t, yeah I guess that might be fun to them.

12 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

As a F2P player, it gives me something to work towards, and the exclusivity of new, powerful skills makes me careful when I'm foddering to give it to the best candidate. And makes me incorporate more strategy into how I build a unit. I don't think people should be salty just because they don't have easy access to something.

The problem is you don’t really “work towards” anything in this game really. You either have it or you don’t. There’s very little sense of progression going on in Heroes and I feel like most of it could be fixed if it stopped heavily time gating resources like coins, refine stones, and grails, added a skill shop and skill refinement to the game, and added a way to receive merges outside of the gacha. Only then will players feel like they are progressing and truly working for something.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

remember this skill only wirks on playerphase while null follow up works inboth phases.

Remember that follow-up prevention (Sturdy Impact, Weaponbreaker, Wary Fighter, Thunder Armads, etc.) is not the same as negating skill effects that guarantee a follow-up (Null Follow-Up).

Sturdy Impact works against Spd-based follow-ups or cancels at most one stack of skill-effect-based follow-up. Null Follow-Up only works against skill-effect-based follow-ups, but cancels all of them.

Null Follow-Up also disables Sturdy Impact's follow-up prevention.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The problem is you don’t really “work towards” anything in this game really. You either have it or you don’t. There’s very little sense of progression going on in Heroes and I feel like most of it could be fixed if it stopped heavily time gating resources like coins, refine stones, and grails, added a skill shop and skill refinement to the game, and added a way to receive merges outside of the gacha. Only then will players feel like they are progressing and truly working for something.

Amen this.

The complete lack of ability to farm for resources is a huge issue with the sense of progression in this game.

Progression is currently either pulling the right character off of a banner or waiting for your time gated weekly rewards, both of which are incredibly not engaging from a gameplay perspective.

As much as I dislike the grinding in F/GO, there's at least the option of doing so when you run out of resources from time-gated sources.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

But it is hard not to think about the action. It like putting your own baby up for adoption.

There are different consequences and severities to different things. Think of it as putting down smoking or quitting social media

So, some guesses for the next few months, with beasts now being a thing:

• Late January: Hoshido banner, including Kaden and Selkie
  • Early February: Valentine's Day banner
  • Late February: Awakening banner, including Panne
  • Early March: Binding Blade banner
  • Late March: Spring banner
  • Early April: Path of Radiance banner, including Lethe
  • Late April: Nohr banner, including Keaton and Velouria

This might be burning through them a bit fast, but with how they threw almost all the birds at us right away, they seem to be okay with that for the sake of setting up a pretty varied lineup right off the bat. And after the first wave has been around for long enough, they'll have the option of adding more as seasonals, anyway, like what they've been doing with dragons.

I hope we get a break from Fates after this, but I do think they'll finish cleaning up the CYL2 requests first. As of the release of the laguz banner, Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, Velouria and Panne will be the only five units from the top 60 of CYL2 not yet playable: we've gotten all the others by now, even all the OCs.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

How mahy beasts are there in Fates (never played it)? They could do a Fates + Awakening beasts banner, maybe...

Four. Kaden and his daughter Selkie, and Keaton and his daughter Velouria. I like Kaden, he's the only one I'd go for.

I'd go for Panne too in an Awakening banner.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

How mahy beasts are there in Fates (never played it)? They could do a Fates + Awakening beasts banner, maybe...

I anticipate they'll do the 4 Fates Beasts on one Banner and Panne and Yarne either on a separate two-person Banner, or just a regular new character Banner (together or separate) since they won't be obligated to keep Beasts together after the Laguz Banner

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

To the whales who like to stroke their own egos over having the newest stuff available while most others don’t, yeah I guess that might be fun to them.

This. There is a huge need of skills and units to improve in a more natural way than fishing 5☆s and exclusive skills. They should update older unit's skills, like expanding spur skills on older units to drive skills. I mean, looking for a way to refresh them, and maybe adjust their BST because newer units just eat them.

@Vaximillian aww too bad you're quitting, hope the best for you!

So far I've +7'd Linus, still a few to making him my first +10, and my next target will most likely be Naesala because yes!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So, some guesses for the next few months, with beasts now being a thing:

• Late January: Hoshido banner, including Kaden and Selkie

According to the December calendar, the laguz banner lasts until January 29. So I don't think we're going to get another new heroes banner at the end of this month...

7 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

According to the December calendar, the laguz banner lasts until January 29. So I don't think we're going to get another new heroes banner at the end of this month...

That's certainly odd, I don't know what to make of it.

It's possible that that coincides with an anniversary Hero Fest rather than a main banner, I guess? We should find out one way or another with the next calendar, soon enough.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Four. Kaden and his daughter Selkie, and Keaton and his daughter Velouria. I like Kaden, he's the only one I'd go for.

I'd go for Panne too in an Awakening banner.

Technically there's also Kana (and Morgan in Awakening) who can inherit beast blood... That said if they ever become Beast units I sure hope that's only after all the other options have been run dry twice over.

Would pull for Kaden as well.

@Quintessence Already saving my grails for Naesala! Because YES!

Yeah, if the laguz banner ends late January, the next one we're getting is Valentine's seasonals. If they even are that this time, considering last year we got a different theme entirely that wasn't related to the holiday at all. I'm not getting my hopes up for an actual Valentine's theme though.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

Small problem with that if you've whaled is that that's a lot of money to just lose if you spontaneously uninstall.

I guess there's always the chance you'd want to resume play in the future, but I'd at least like to get a return on all the everything I've built up over the last... two years, almost.

@Vaximillian Is this goodbye fore- well, from this part of the forum anyways?

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Small problem with that if you've whaled is that that's a lot of money to just lose if you spontaneously uninstall.

It's going to become meaningless anyway as the game won't go on forever. Even if he tried selling his account he'd be lucky to get 200$

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

A sunk cost is a sunk cost. Neither quitting nor continuing to play will recoup it.

4 minutes ago, redlight said:

It's going to become meaningless anyway as the game won't go on forever. Even if he tried selling his account he'd be lucky to get 200$

Yeah, but money's money. That's at least a weeks worth of groceries for a single person, or a months worth of hot pockets for someone unconcerned with their health.

Looking back at the past few New Heroes banners:

• CYL2: 8/21 - 9/14
  • FE4: 9/7 - 9/21
  • Nohr: 9/14 - 10/10
  • Muspell: 9/21 - 10/23
  • Farfetched: 10/23 - 11/9
  • Adrift: 11/9 - 11/21
  • Fire and Ice: 11/21 - 12/11

Only Farfetched and Adrift did the traditional "end at the start of the next main banner" thing. Others ran to a later banner, or in the case of Fire and Ice, a Hero Fest. So who knows.

I don't think we'll get two more main banners by the end of January, but I think a Hero Fest is more likely than screwing up the schedule that much for no apparent reason.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, if the laguz banner ends late January, the next one we're getting is Valentine's seasonals. If they even are that this time, considering last year we got a different theme entirely that wasn't related to the holiday at all. I'm not getting my hopes up for an actual Valentine's theme though.

I think Love Abounds was the Japanese take on Valentine's Day, so that's what I mean when I say a Valentine's Day banner.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think Love Abounds was the Japanese take on Valentine's Day, so that's what I mean when I say a Valentine's Day banner.

So the Japanese tradition is to dress up in victorian or whatever era clothes on Valentine's Day? I guess I can get behind that. I don't dislike the theme, I just didn't feel it fit Valentine's Day at the time.