• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, andyfromadler said:

Hi! I am only has Wind type legendary Hero Gunthra, but even 3 Gunthra's. Please answer, can I battle Wind Blessed Gardens in 3-map mode, with need of 3 Wind type legendary heroes ?

No, you'd need 12 total heroes composed of wind legendaries and blessed. IIRC, you can't use repeat units so you could only use Gunnthra once. You don't need 3 legendaries either, just the 12 eligible heroes.

Naesala looks really fun and given what a complete disappointment Seliph's refinement was, guess those feathers will be going to the Crow King instead. Only minor thing is I'm not overly fond of his art. His face looks a bit off and he looks a bit too stocky/not lanky enough. Still, free badass bird king with a sweet kit and much better weapon than I was expecting is pretty awesome.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

No, you'd need 12 total heroes composed of wind legendaries and blessed. IIRC, you can't use repeat units so you could only use Gunnthra once. You don't need 3 legendaries either, just the 12 eligible heroes.

Naesala looks really fun and given what a complete disappointment Seliph's refinement was, guess those feathers will be going to the Crow King instead. Only minor thing is I'm not overly fond of his art. His face looks a bit off and he looks a bit too stocky/not lanky enough. Still, free badass bird king with a sweet kit and much better weapon than I was expecting is pretty awesome.

Ok, thanks for answer!

Excellent news that Naenae, despite being a freebie, is going to be a great unit. Although I am concerned from this SI stuff that there will be 4 and 20 thousand blackbirds baked into pies.

If only they gave him Wheeling Corby (and Tibarn King of the Sky), that would be icing on the cake. Why on nine continents hasn't FE continued to give lore and plot war gods their own personal battle themes?

Have they shown his GHB's battlefield yet? If not, PoR Chapter 19: Entrusted- the one where he appears as a boss, would be my first guess. Second would be RD 4-P: Chaos Named, the first where he is playable in RD. Either way, it should be snowy. Unless they went for his first appearance chapter- PoR Chapter 13: Guiding Wind- a ship battle.

40 minutes ago, Jave said:

Does Julia’s Close Counter only work against Dragons?

Seems like the translators copy/pasted mystic boost and didn't remove wrathful staff negation

13 minutes ago, redlight said:

Seems like the translators copy/pasted mystic boost and didn't remove wrathful staff negation

Wow that sounds sloppy. I guess the IS translators aren't used to constantly having to update a game, as opposed to every other FE where you translate once and done (barring some DLC).

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wow that sounds sloppy. I guess Treehouse (the most incompetent localizers ever) aren't used to constantly having to update a game, as opposed to every other FE where you translate once and done (barring some DLC).

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Fixed that for you.

But weren't they the ones who did the Tellius games?

I can't consider them the worst if they gave us Bastian, Marcia, the "Father of Sothe's children" line, the "rancid butter" one, the BK "why I survived excuse" fix, and other great stuff. Sure they botched a couple lines and names, and left out the Extended Script and all its juicy details, but they for the good alone cannot be the worst. Again, if it was them.

Not to mention I've seen much worse translations. Shall I introduce you to Breath of Fire 2 for instance?

Also, just pretend that IS is assigning its interns to FEH, while allocating the better ones to FE3H. And FE3H will as a result have an accurate and lively script of few errors.

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think Machyua was the name my translation had, but it was a very odd one. Cain's name annoyed me since they chose to call him Cain again when they could easily have called him Kain to avoid the confusion, or just had a new name. We don't need shared names - the Selena thing is bad enough!

The official Japanese names for Cain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia) are Kain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia), which would make Cain (Akaneia) and Kain (Thracia) even more fun.

Sharing names isn't new, either. Japan has it happening with at least three pairs of playable characters (that I remember off the top of my head), リンダ (Linde and Linda in English, Rinda and Linda in Japanese), カムイ (Kamui and Corrin in English, Kamui and Kamui in Japanese), and グレイ (Gray and Asugi in English, Gray and Gurei in Japanese).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The official Japanese names for Cain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia) are Kain (Akaneia) and Cain (Thracia), which would make Cain (Akaneia) and Kain (Thracia) even more fun.

Sharing names isn't new, either. Japan has it happening with at least three pairs of playable characters (that I remember off the top of my head), リンダ (Linde and Linda in English, Rinda and Linda in Japanese), カムイ (Kamui and Corrin in English, Kamui and Kamui in Japanese), and グレイ (Gray and Asugi in English, Gray and Gurei in Japanese).

There are also about three Arthur's now. We got Tailtiu's kid, Monk Arthur and HEROIC Arthur. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But weren't they the ones who did the Tellius games?

I can't consider them the worst if they gave us Bastian, Marcia, the "Father of Sothe's children" line, the "rancid butter" one, the BK "why I survived excuse" fix, and other great stuff. Sure they botched a couple lines and names, and left out the Extended Script and all its juicy details, but they for the good alone cannot be the worst. Again, if it was them.

Not to mention I've seen much worse translations. Shall I introduce you to Breath of Fire 2 for instance?

Also, just pretend that IS is assigning its interns to FEH, while allocating the better ones to FE3H. And FE3H will as a result have an accurate and lively script of few errors.

Maybe they were okay 10 years ago, but they are definitely not now. After how they butchered Fates and showed their incompetence at translating Heroes, I have no faith in their ability to properly handle Fire Emblem. Awakening and Shadows of Valentia on the other hand were well localized by 8-4. I personally would not mind paying $50 or even $60 for future Fire Emblem games if it means Treehouse is not handling the localization.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There are also about three Arthur's now. We got Tailtiu's kid, Monk Arthur and HEROIC Arthur. 

Close, but it's Artur, no "h". And in Japan, he is Asseray.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I personally would not mind paying $50 or even $60 for future Fire Emblem games if it means Treehouse is not handling the localization.

You won't have choice on the price. Since this is a Switch game, no more cheap 3DS $39.99, it'll be $59.99.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You won't have choice on the price. Since this is a Switch game, no more cheap 3DS $39.99, it'll be $59.99.

That is fine. I would not mind paying $70, $80, or even $100 just to keep Fire Emblem out of Treehouse's incompetent hands.

Hell, if they can release two versions of the game localized by two different teams, I would not think twice throwing $200 or $300 for the special edition version that is not handled by Treehouse.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not in Japanese, which is what I was focusing on. Mage Arthur is アーサー (Arthur), Monk Artur is アスレイ (Asseray), and Heroic Arthur is ハロルド (Harold).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It can always be worse.

That is true, but out of all the games I played so far, Treehouse is the most incompetent localization team I have seen.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Can someone tell me what's Tailto's unique refinement?

Her weapon's base effect is Wrath 3, and refining it adds Darting Blow 3.

All major sites should have this sort of info now.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Her weapon's base effect is Wrath 3, and refining it adds Darting Blow 3.

All major sites should have this sort of info now.

Thanks for the update! I couldn't find info for Tome of Thoron on Gamepress though.

Anyhow, I definitely will promote her and give her the unique refinement, I just need a proper A skill for her because Darting Blow/Wrath and Desperation are a bomb :awesome:

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Really nice refines.

Seliph can have a niche in wasting turns in AR,

@Zeo Deirdre's refine would be really nice for my +Res/-Atk Deirdre! She can finally fix her Atk and she has the perfect Res boon for it! 

Tailtiu gets the Wrath she deserves although I already have Ishtar so not a big priority right now, but better reflection of her character.

Can't really choose for Julia refines, since the one on my main is -Res. Although I guess Def/Res+4 effect with CC kind of makes up for that (and she's +Def so might be a little useful?).

Seliph doesn't seem like he'll do very much other than annoy people for a bit. In the end he's an underwhelming unit through and through. It's a shame, but at least he's niche.

Deirdre's refine is pretty perfect for you. Same for me as I have the same nature but with -SPD instead of -ATK. I'm probably going to run Mirror Stance in the A slot and run ATK/RES Ploys. Odd Res Wave would be nice but Aversa merges are too precious.

I have Ishtar too (as well as a million other blue mages) so she's not a priority. Definitely will build her at some point though when it's convinient.

I'd go with Julia's CC refine either way, especially if you have both her and her mother. Gives them distinguishing roles and in Julia's case, you're not spending 350 dew for a comparable tome refine.