Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

40 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Kris is a lot more notable than most those characters yet I don't see him on that list. 

Nah, IO was right in leaving those mistakes and wastes of space them off. Unless if you seriously mean to tell me that an avatar that didn't need to exist and added precisely nothing (constant Marth ass kissing is not something) really is so much more important than anyone on that list when they're really not at all.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Karel is already in, albeit his FE7 version.

I considered his FE6 self different enough. One is young and bloodthirsty with long hair, the other is old and saintly with short hair. I was going to count the other Bartre as different enough, but I'm not aware of which is in this game already.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm actually kind of interested on whether old guy Karel would be some kind of crazy triple trainee, a normal unit, or a Jagen. Because he does kind of need to be a triple trainee to reflect his growths, but Jagen is also an argument since he starts at 1 level from cap.

Hmm... his growths are GODLY, but his base level high. And his bases are decent, stronger and more resistant than Normal Mode Rutger and Fir at 20/20 (Hard Mode boosts were a glitch anyhow), equally as skilled and durable, much slower (23 vs. 30, but still fast by non-SM FE6 standards), less HP, and much luckier than Rutger but a little less than Fir. So overall, it averages out to comparable to the competition.

I don't think they've added anything like Peri's Bloodthirst from Fates, right? A stat boost for a turn after attacking if the enemy is killed. The idea of such a skill on Karel would be he killed the enemy and leveled up, getting the boosts that way. Bloodthirst is too long. How about "Victory *Stat*", since you've "won" against an enemy. Like SMT's Victory Cry skill- 100% HP and MP restore after winning a battle for the unit.

And I wonder how his growths would look if properly translated into FEH, the relevant ones are:

HP: 210 Str 130 Spd 140, Def 110, Res 100

53 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why overlook Edward, Leonardo and Nolan? Those guys have three base conversations, superior to supports IMO, and story dialogue in the first two chapters which is still more characterization than Ilyana's and Mia's PoR supports and base conversations. Also, storywise, these three are important enough such that Micaiah wouldn't have been able to kick start her liberation of Daein without their help prior to merging with the Daein liberation army. Without them, there is no FE10 plot because it never kicks off. Popularity wise, Edward got over 1k votes which is much higher than most characters including the ones you've listed. 

I might have been a little too draconian in my cuts to show how even with accepting some characters as never coming, Tellius is still massively untapped. The Dawn Brigade trio do have a lot on their side for inclusion outside of supports, and I would like them to come. Perhaps they can even chime in and include mention of their designer notes stuff that never made in it RD proper. And Mia I agree is lacking, llyana too its goes without saying. 

53 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Kris is a lot more notable than most those characters yet I don't see him on that list. 

They totally slipped my mind actually. I will admit to making some errors in my meticulousness. Truly they are the hero of shadow.

48 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Wolf, that @Interdimensional Observer didn't let in has supports in 12 and is even one of the few romance options for the avatar.

Besides being older, male, and Archanean, my primary fear about Wolf was that he is just too dour. After Mystery, he wants to commit suicide on the battlefield. Do enough players of FEH want that kind of sad? I'd think not. Sure, people do find the insecurities in dozens of characters endearing, but is that so deep a sorrow as Wolf's? 

And as for the romance aspect *checks* ...why? He is not at all who'd I'd think to be a candidate for that, and somehow Cain is like a grandfather? FE should do an otome spinoff.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer

Abel ends up wandering forever in search of Est at the end of NMotE. If they fear it might be too dour, they can just take the Wolf from SD, like they took Abel from the middle of NMotE by the sounds of it (he mentions having a shop with Est and there's nothing about them leaving). 

That being said, they don't seem in a hurry to include any more Archanea any time soon. Heck, they added its primary bad guy without a banner -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, IO was right in leaving those mistakes and wastes of space them off. Unless if you seriously mean to tell me that an avatar that didn't need to exist and added precisely nothing (constant Marth ass kissing is not something) really is so much more important than anyone on that list when they're really not at all.

I find this very amusing, considering the same can be applied for Robin & especially Corrin. Let's not rank Avatars, when they haven't been implemented in any good way by now. Bad is still bad + in Kris's case, he/she happens to be in the 'not so popular' & JP exclusive game.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

The main problem with Kris over Robin and Corrin is that Kris is added into a story that already existed without him and he takes away from the existing characters in that story that existed without him, just by existing. Robin and Corrin may not be great (especially Corrin), but they were at least created in context of a story that was written with them already in it.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Besides being older, male, and Archanean, my primary fear about Wolf was that he is just too dour. After Mystery, he wants to commit suicide on the battlefield. Do enough players of FEH want that kind of sad? I'd think not. Sure, people do find the insecurities in dozens of characters endearing, but is that so deep a sorrow as Wolf's? 

Wolf never struck me as all that old. He's not a teenager like Marth but he can't be older than his early 20's. 

I'd say he has a decent chance. I could see him join Paladin Hardin and Nyna on a banner or at least end up as the crappy Tempest Trial reward. 

13 minutes ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

I find this very amusing, considering the same can be applied for Robin & especially Corrin. Let's not rank Avatars, when they haven't been implemented in any good way by now. Bad is still bad + in Kris's case, he/she happens to be in the 'not so popular' & JP exclusive game.

I wasn't insinuating that Robin or Corrin are perfect (both of them have plenty of problems certainly, though I personally hold no strong opinions on either or avatars being in FE in general). The difference between them and Kris is what Sunwoo said. Robin and Corrin were at least integral players in their respective stories, stories that both of them were initially in. Kris meanwhile didn't exist in FE3 so by default they (and the whole assassin subplot too for that matter) can be written out of FE12 and the main story would lose nothing of value. As such, I can't see Kris as anything but a pointless addition that FE12 would've been better off without (and it doesn't help that Kris as a character is extremely boring as hell).

On 1/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, Rezzy said:

Too bad it will be another year until we see Tellius again.  RIP Nolan and Jill among others.

At the current rate of unit additions from that game,  I wouldn't be surprised if they just made January RD month.

Edited by Flying Shogi

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

At the current rate of unit additions from that game,  I wouldn't be surprised if they just made January RD month.

I think they just milked the Ikes for all they're worth because he's the face of the games and once he started fading into "just a Hero" territory, that's when they drop ridiculously powerful powercrept beasts into the game. 

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I think they just milked the Ikes for all they're worth because he's the face of the games and once he started fading into "just a Hero" territory, that's when they drop ridiculously powerful powercrept beasts into the game. 

Even though I've never played either of the Tellius games, I feel like he's still popular when it comes to RD. They can give him an alternate version with powerful skills if they really wanted to add another version of him into the game. 

Playing devil's advocate for a second but it does make sense that they had him take a backseat in this particular RD banner to not take attention away from beast units. If they do give him an alternate version, I can see them putting him and Ranulf on the same banner to add more beasts into the game because those two get along but what do I know. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

59 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

T'would be better than nothing. Why it'd be wonderful if they assigned each month to a different game or games. It'd be consistent at least.

25 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Even though I've never played either of the Tellius games, I feel like he's still popular when it comes to RD. They can give him an alternate version with powerful skills if they really wanted to add another version of him into the game. 

Ike still has two cosmetic alts if they really wanted to do it. Lord Ike- his promoted self from PoR, and Hero Ike, his unpromoted self from RD.

Spoiler

Ike_Battle.jpg ike_en.png

And as for weapons, if they don't want to do Ragnell again, well his dually-effective Rapier-not-called-a-Rapier the Regal Sword from PoR is still not in use. Nor is his RD non-Ragnell personal the Ettard, which lacks any special effects to call its own, opening it up for what IS wants to do. Going off its ingame size, Heavy Blade sounds perfect for it, but by this point the skill might be dated.

Speaking of dated things, I know refines to DC weapons are unlikely, but I'd prefer giving PoR Ike, who is probably very outdated by this point with all the better Sword Infantry, a refine to "Regal Ragnell". It'd be something at least. Or maybe Special-nulling, since in PoR and not RD, the Ragnell negates all non-Wrath crits, though it is not stated to the player.

Also, Cipher has a hypothetical Ike card, where he touched Lehran's Medallion and went berserk:

Spoiler

2Y3uaTs.png

But FEH doesn't need more Ikes, and if it must, throw him in Seasonal that was going to happen with or without him! Tellius is still missing so much.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

All these ideas for Ike alts have me convinced. Ike is the next Mythic Hero.

Honestly I hope so because all current Ikes just seem very outdated and generic and he deserves so much better.

Edit: with the exception maybe being Brave Ike. Pretty nifty and unique Weapon and B skill although I’m not sure how well those hold up in today’s standards 

Edited by NegativeExponents-

44 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

By Shinon's favorite cheeseballs, let this not happen! If those who received Legendaries already start getting Mythics, then a blight no goddess could fix will be on this game not really, it's only Mythics. Just alert me when Void Eternal Omega Alpha Transcendent God Daimaou Majin Kishin Shitennoh Ssu-Ling  Zodiac Lost Mythic Legendary Brave Super Saiyan Blue Ike with the Ragnell Shin Wild DGG Rein Reise Mk. III Custom Powered Altered RLS Trombe.

Again, if we must have more Ike presently, I'd rather his latest effort to be broken be in the form of him stabbing people with a stick with toasted marshmallows on it, while riding a grizzly bear, shirtless, oh yeah and in swim trunks.

And to speak the truth, I don't want Micaiah to be the next Mythic, I'd rather it be an Ike actually. Since while I want Light Priestess Micaiah, I wouldn't try getting her on a Mythic Banner. She'd be competing with how many others? Odds are too low for a miser like me. I'd actually be in favor of her on a normal banner, personally speaking.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My friend sent me a package of stuff for the holidays that arrived just today. Some of the things included were a really nice painting of Rath and a Delthea+Luthier sticker. And now I'm just reminded of how much I want Rath in the game, and how Luthier to go with his sister would be cool.

EDIT: Oh, right, mythic heroes. I actually don't want to see anyone else as mythic heroes because literally anyone in Jugdral, Roy or Eliwood, or Alm. Micaiah should be a mythic hero someday if that's the route they decide to go, but she at least got a seasonal alt. Leif was the last lord added and had to share his color with a Reinhardt alt, and is yet another sword lord. If not Leif, please literally any lord in Jugdral. Or Roy or Eliwood, they're both far more plot relevant than Lyn and arguably Hector. Alm as well.

Edited by Sunwoo

54 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Mythic Heroes seem to be actual deities rather than a Hero in the flesh, or at least they are something beyond just a normal human. Eir was not...living before she joined the living. Characters like Athos, Ashera are probably why Mythic Heroes were created. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Playing devil's advocate for a second but it does make sense that they had him take a backseat in this particular RD banner to not take attention away from beast units. If they do give him an alternate version, I can see them putting him and Ranulf on the same banner to add more beasts into the game because those two get along but what do I know. 

Given how Heroes basically made Ike the unit to emulate for a huge portion of the game life with Warding and Steady Breath(Ok, the fans chose to make Brave Ike, but w/e), the next powercrept Ike would basically need to outdo Surtr or Tibarn's A-skill. Although it could work, since he basically defeated his game's God. Blessed Ike or something.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

And we haven't had a Path of Radiance banner for a year and a half.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And we haven't had a Path of Radiance banner for a year and a half.

At least it had a banner lol

Binding Blade got fucked, and I'm pretty sure Archanea has gone longer without a banner.

Also, Thracia and its alts.

51 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

At least it had a banner lol

Binding Blade got fucked, and I'm pretty sure Archanea has gone longer without a banner.

Also, Thracia and its alts.

June 2017 had Archanea’s first and only banner so far. Also, Katarina is still the only character from that banner who has appeared on banners since.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

June 2017 had Archanea’s first and only banner so far. Also, Katarina is still the only character from that banner who has appeared on banners since.

Lololololol Luke

Can we just fucking drop him to 3-4 star yet

11 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Characters like Athos, Ashera are probably why Mythic Heroes were created. 

Bramimond is even less human than Athos. Athos has extended his lifespan by 900+ years, but as he speaks to Louise during the Living Legend chapter, he is clearly approaching the end of his life.

Although we don't see his face or the color of his hair, I wouldn't be surprised if Bramimond hasn't gained a wrinkle or lost any color since the day he became The Enigma. Were it not for Athos disturbing his rest, and FE6 requiring he die, he might have been able to live on for another 1000 years.

Athos also has a perfectly ordinary personality, Bramimond still has memories and independent will, but can't control his personality. That is not normal, that is no mental illness, that has to be the result of sublimating himself to the Darkness. He gave some, and got unparalleled mastery of the shadows, without the foolish mistake of giving everything.

While Yune is Chaos itself, which has a Dark association in Tellius, the Demon King, and Medeus, Loptyr, Grima, and maybe Anankos all have great Dark Dragon powers. Of mortals, or former mortals, Bramimond is certainly the greatest master of Darkness in all of FE. -Or at least "master" who did succumb to corruption by the Darkness (Gharnef, Julius, Nergal, Lyon) or is innately EVIL! (Manfroy). I hypothesize Robin could outdo Bramimond, but that would require they master their Grima powers and become the King/Queen of Fell and not just seal/destroy it. Robin I guess would rather live an ordinary life, while Bramimond chose the path of continuing in his art above all else, although at the time when he made the irreversible sacrifice, humanity was on the brink of annihilation. 

...But I should really stop doing these Brammy worship posts.

On another note, Tellius and Elibe would be plentiful sources for the Mythics if they are only deities and legends. Since we get more detail on many of them than we do for any other game. Jugdral has the most at 12 Crusaders, but none have that much of their backstory explained. The only Tellius Mythic who would be lacking is Soane, who never says a word in the 4-F flashbacks. Altina does, even if it is only gentle words, which she could not have always been dual wielding Ragnell and Alondite. Elibe gives us plenty of Athos and Bramimond, with a few lines from Roland and Durban too, plus Elimine has that one picture. 

For everywhere else, we have little to go on. They would be effectively OCs. Magvel only bothers to name two legends of its five.

Although a Mythic Lyon with his :LyonEvil: face who is actually Formortiis ala Grima Robin in this game would work for an SS Mythic. Demon Light says Breath, but Ravager, aka Demon King PUNCH!, says Beast, and either way he screams Armor to me. We already have enough broken Breath Armor, and in Japan the DK starts with Ravager equipped (it's Demon Light aboard), and Beast Armor would be much more unique, so Beast Armor please! I'd like Demon Light too, but Lyona doesn't exist, so something has to give.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bramimond is even less human than Athos. Athos has extended his lifespan by 900+ years, but as he speaks to Louise during the Living Legend chapter, he is clearly approaching the end of his life.

Although we don't see his face or the color of his hair, I wouldn't be surprised if Bramimond hasn't gained a wrinkle or lost any color since the day he became The Enigma. Were it not for Athos disturbing his rest, and FE6 requiring he die, he might have been able to live on for another 1000 years.

Athos also has a perfectly ordinary personality, Bramimond still has memories and independent will, but can't control his personality. That is not normal, that is no mental illness, that has to be the result of sublimating himself to the Darkness. He gave some, and got unparalleled mastery of the shadows, without the foolish mistake of giving everything.

While Yune is Chaos itself, which has a Dark association in Tellius, the Demon King, and Medeus, Loptyr, Grima, and maybe Anankos all have great Dark Dragon powers. Of mortals, or former mortals, Bramimond is certainly the greatest master of Darkness in all of FE. -Or at least "master" who did succumb to corruption by the Darkness (Gharnef, Julius, Nergal, Lyon) or is innately EVIL! (Manfroy). I hypothesize Robin could outdo Bramimond, but that would require they master their Grima powers and become the King/Queen of Fell and not just seal/destroy it. Robin I guess would rather live an ordinary life, while Bramimond chose the path of continuing in his art above all else, although at the time when he made the irreversible sacrifice, humanity was on the brink of annihilation. 

...But I should really stop doing these Brammy worship posts.

On another note, Tellius and Elibe would be plentiful sources for the Mythics if they are only deities and legends. Since we get more detail on many of them than we do for any other game. Jugdral has the most at 12 Crusaders, but none have that much of their backstory explained. The only Tellius Mythic who would be lacking is Soane, who never says a word in the 4-F flashbacks. Altina does, even if it is only gentle words, which she could not have always been dual wielding Ragnell and Alondite. Elibe gives us plenty of Athos and Bramimond, with a few lines from Roland and Durban too, plus Elimine has that one picture. 

For everywhere else, we have little to go on. They would be effectively OCs. Magvel only bothers to name two legends of its five.

Although a Mythic Lyon with his :LyonEvil: face who is actually Formortiis ala Grima Robin in this game would work for an SS Mythic. Demon Light says Breath, but Ravager, aka Demon King PUNCH!, says Beast, and either way he screams Armor to me. We already have enough broken Breath Armor, and in Japan the DK starts with Ravager equipped (it's Demon Light aboard), and Beast Armor would be much more unique, so Beast Armor please! I'd like Demon Light too, but Lyona doesn't exist, so something has to give.

IIRC, isn't Brammimond almost a sort of dopplerganger? He takes on the personality of who is in contact with him and his picture is how the tactician Mark sees him?