Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

HAHAHAHA! It took me a while to finally pin down Narcian with the cavalry, but I finally got him.

Yeah, that quest was pretty tough. Cavalry and armor only quests were the most difficult for me since I could not use a Dancer/Singer. Armor quests were a nightmare for some of the maps due to their low mobility and lack of healers.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that quest was pretty tough. Cavalry and armor only quests were the most difficult for me since I could not use a Dancer/Singer. Armor quests were a nightmare for some of the maps due to their low mobility and lack of healers.

yeah, Fliers were super easy. Took my "boy band" of Reyson, Tibarn, Naesala and NY!Hríd. Tibarn almost got killed by one of the cav mages, but he now owes a life debt to Naesala. Going to try them in the rest of the rotation to see how they fair.

Something something update about Prayer Wheel not working correctly

Something something skills are breaking all over the place

Fuck, Azura did not need that buff

Edited by Sunwoo

Earth Dance working on Prayer Wheel is something fairly obvious to test, tbh. (And it's mostly a consistency buff rather than a power thing---Tactics is slightly stronger with similar consistency, and Hone Atk 4 is flat out stronger but with a way higher positioning requirement.)

Off-topic: Trying to run defense teams is just so annoying, they have none of the options I'm used to and the options they do have require the kind of AI manipulation and prediction I don't usually have to make. On the plus side, most people think Axe-breaker Aversa counters Surtr (she doesn't, 2 combats with her hitting Surtr ends up with Surtr nearly full hp and Aversa dead), so light season should be pretty easy considering Surtr actually has 10 less res than normal right now. Still didn't get a single deathless in my 3 runs today, although I did get all 4 pots during my 2 non free matches.

Biggest problem is that AR flat out isn't replayable, normally if I needed to get used to a new team I'd just play it a bunch until I see the weaknesses in my team & my own play, but I can't do that for AR. : /

Legendary Azura's Prayer Wheel is already a good weapon, and now Dancers Skills works with  it... That's great, and bad at the same time. Of course Tactic Skills and Hone Atk 4 are the best skills to her, but Earth Dance is another great opition. I may consider to enhance my Earth Dance Skill if I get Legendary Azura someday.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Legendary Azura's Prayer Wheel is already a good weapon, and now Dancers Skills works with  it... That's great, and bad at the same time. Of course Tactic Skills and Hone Atk 4 are the best skills to her, but Earth Dance is another great opition. I may consider to enhance my Earth Dance Skill if I get Legendary Azura someday.

Earth Dance seal has worked with it since she came out, just that not everybody noticed. It's a great strategy, but it comes at a price since you ideally want her to have mobility options (Aerobatics, WoM, Flier Formation) for her B/seal and cover the buffing with her C slot. Her default Atk Tactic for mixed teams or Fortify Fliers for flier teams is good enough (and low investment) for a lot of team compositions anyway.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Earth Dance seal has worked with it since she came out, just that not everybody noticed. It's a great strategy, but it comes at a price since you ideally want her to have mobility options (Aerobatics, WoM, Flier Formation) for her B/seal and cover the buffing with her C slot. Her default Atk Tactic for mixed teams or Fortify Fliers for flier teams is good enough (and low investment) for a lot of team compositions anyway.

The funny part is that Dancers Skills shouldn't work with the Prayer Wheel, since it should grant bonus iqual to the higher bonus the ally already have, and dancers skills grants bonus after the dance/sing.

Anyway, the Earth Dance can be useful if at start of the turn the ally that you want to refresh isn't at the Atk Tactic range, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 is already a great help. WoM+Earth Dance work pretty well.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Anyway, the Earth Dance can be useful if at start of the turn the ally that you want to refresh isn't at the Atk Tactic range, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 is already a great help. WoM+Earth Dance work pretty well.

Yeah, that and if you're doing something like AR with Azura on a wide variety of team compositions.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, that and if you're doing something like AR with Azura on a wide variety of team compositions.

Yes. In AR, I swapped Winter Cecilia for Eir in my AR Offensive Team, but I also use Bride Ninian, which has Def Tactic adn Res Tactic, and Aversa, so my flier don't have access to Tactic Skills. I could change it, but I like my team the way it is now.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

All the Jugdral and Tellius talk in the "10 most deserving" thread got me thinking about banner ideas again.

• FE4: Shannan/Altena/Ced banner, Larcei TT, Travant GHB
  • FE5: Eyvel/Asbel/Linoan banner, Osian TT, Mareeta GHB
  • FE9: Ilyana/Jill/Lethe/Ranulf banner, Ashnard GHB
  • FE10: Lucia/Haar/Caineghis/Kurthnaga banner, Sephiran GHB

1 hour ago, Othin said:

All the Jugdral and Tellius talk in the "10 most deserving" thread got me thinking about banner ideas again.

Somehow, I doubt they'd hand out Ayra's daughter (and probably Mareeta too) for free though I suppose I also said the same thing about characters like Marisa and Aversa. I understand why you put Larcei there, but I feel Febail (or Shannan honestly) would fit the role as a TT hero better (plus it knocks out another holy weapon if it's Febail).

Also I would say that Lucia without Geoffrey (or vice versa) would be weird, but yeah that's actually realistic given how long it took for Kaze and Flora to show up meanwhile even though he tries to hide it to preserve his edgy persona, Raigh is still deeply saddened by the continued absence of his brother.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Somehow, I doubt they'd hand out Ayra's daughter (and probably Mareeta too) for free though I suppose I also said the same thing about characters like Marisa and Aversa. I understand why you put Larcei there, but I feel Febail (or Shannan honestly) would fit the role as a TT hero better (plus it knocks out another holy weapon if it's Febail).

Also I would say that Lucia without Geoffrey (or vice versa) would be weird, but yeah that's actually realistic given how long it took for Kaze and Flora to show up meanwhile even though he tries to hide it to preserve his edgy persona, Raigh is still deeply saddened by the continued absence of his brother.

A holy weapon on a TT unit seems like a bit much to me. GHBs already have some, but they seem to keep a tighter lid on TT unit skill sets, especially since you don't even need feathers to get them to 5*. The only TT units to have uninheritable weapons at all were Masked Marth, Black Knight, Joshua, and Adrift Azura, and all of those except Azura were in 2017.

Of course, they could just include Larcei and Mareeta on the main banners alongside Shannan and Eyvel. Completely shared unit types are unusual, but they've happened a few times: Seliph/Eirika, Olwen/Reinhardt, Winter Chrom/Lissa, NY Hrid/Gunnthra. Although again, three of the four instances were in 2017.

I think Brigid has a better shot than Febail. She got over three times as many votes on CYL2, and she's more significant. I think the first gen has most of its highlights by now, but it'd be nice to revisit it sometime to get a few others like her and Lex.

I hope Geoffrey gets added eventually, but I do think Lucia has a much better shot right now. Like Brigid vs Febail, she has almost three times as many votes on CYL2, adding up their scores between the two games. I also think right now, upcoming Tellius banners are more likely to have a mix of nations with a laguz or two than to have the sort of full Crimean royal knights focus where both siblings would fit well together.

So, the dance skills work with Prayer Wheel because of a bug. And it's a confirmed feature as of 3.2.

Fuck it, if I get her I'm upgrading Earth Dance and using it in my flier emblem teams (and watching the world burn). Just need more flier formation, can't get enough imo.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

A holy weapon on a TT unit seems like a bit much to me. GHBs already have some, but they seem to keep a tighter lid on TT unit skill sets, especially since you don't even need feathers to get them to 5*. The only TT units to have uninheritable weapons at all were Masked Marth, Black Knight, Joshua, and Adrift Azura, and all of those except Azura were in 2017.

Yeah perhaps, though loli Azura's weapon is nearly identical to that of a 5* exclusive's in Adrift Camilla (it just grants +3 to Spd instead of Atk). Maybe that was just to compensate for Azura being a refresher (and thus having a neutered stat total, especially since she's a ranged unit), but who knows.

2 hours ago, Othin said:
  • No. Way too much Holy Weapon. The HW users I would say should carry three or two non-HWs on their coattails. Shannan + Altena should be enough. I know those without HWs in Gen 2 tend to be flavorless, but that is why they need to be with HW users. Otherwise once Gen 2 is out of Holy Weapons, it might never be revisited.
  • Linoan is a little disconnected to the others, but otherwise works.
  • Perfectly reasonable. Yet I have a major criticism that combined with your RD set we'd still be lacking about half of the eleven-thirteen GMs (varies on counting Volke and Greil). Oscar is rather lonely, at least one of Rolf or Boyd, or Shinon, should be on here.
  • Good, but to me it looks like its a bifurcated set. Lucia and Haar are fine together, but the other three seem to be their own thing.

But of course, this game doesn't exactly care about cohesion.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • No. Way too much Holy Weapon. The HW users I would say should carry three or two non-HWs on their coattails. Shannan + Altena should be enough. I know those without HWs in Gen 2 tend to be flavorless, but that is why they need to be with HW users. Otherwise once Gen 2 is out of Holy Weapons, it might never be revisited.
  • Linoan is a little disconnected to the others, but otherwise works.
  • Perfectly reasonable. Yet I have a major criticism that combined with your RD set we'd still be lacking about half of the eleven-thirteen GMs (varies on counting Volke and Greil). Oscar is rather lonely, at least one of Rolf or Boyd, or Shinon, should be on here.
  • Good, but to me it looks like its a bifurcated set. Lucia and Haar are fine together, but the other three seem to be their own thing.

But of course, this game doesn't exactly care about cohesion.

I'd rather wrap up the FE4 Gen 2 highlights on its second banner than hope that we'll get a third, I think that's too unlikely either way. And realistically, taking out Ced here would just push him into Asbel's spot on the FE5 banner.

I can see a GM in Ilyana's spot.

I was going for more of a mix with the FE10 banner than any particular associations. Both beorc and laguz, spanning Crimea, Daein, Gallia, Goldoa, and Begnion. Which works out to every nation not in the laguz royals banner, now that I think about it. I hadn't deliberately planned that, but it works nicely.

That Legendary Azura buff lol, there is no way any other Dancer will ever match Legendary Azura unless they upgrade Axezura into a Flying BST unit give her weapon a refine that gives out +8 Flat bonus to all stats with the ability to redance another unit when she used dance lulz.

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

That Legendary Azura buff lol, there is no way any other Dancer will ever match Legendary Azura unless they upgrade Axezura into a Flying BST unit give her weapon a refine that gives out +8 Flat bonus to all stats with the ability to redance another unit when she used dance lulz.

One, I think it's the intent that Legendary Azura hold the position of "strongest dancer" for a while just to make sure people still want to pull for her from her banners.

Two, running Earth Dance costs her her Sacred Seal slot, which could be better used running skills like Flier Formation or Guidance, and +5 to all stats is still inferior to +6 to all stats that comes from her default Atk Tactic or +7 to all stats from Hone Atk 4, both of which are active both before she dances and after.

I think they decided that the buff of having Dance skills activate before Prayer Wheel was small enough that it could stay as a feature instead of as a bug. Personally, I don't think it matters all that much.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One, I think it's the intent that Legendary Azura hold the position of "strongest dancer" for a while just to make sure people still want to pull for her from her banners.

Two, running Earth Dance costs her her Sacred Seal slot, which could be better used running skills like Flier Formation or Guidance, and +5 to all stats is still inferior to +6 to all stats that comes from her default Atk Tactic or +7 to all stats from Hone Atk 4, both of which are active both before she dances and after.

I think they decided that the buff of having Dance skills activate before Prayer Wheel was small enough that it could stay as a feature instead of as a bug. Personally, I don't think it matters all that much.

Oh dont get me wrong, i dont mind the buff at all. It makes her that much more flexible, because i can slap Guidance on her C-Slot have Earth Dance on her Sacred Seal slot and Aerobatics/WoM in her B-Slot and have her run in a non tactics Infantry Team for example.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because of how AR works her Tactics isn't actually reliable enough (2 Eir + Azura = 3 fliers), meaning Dance in B-slot gives more forgiving positioning and a side-grade on stats compared to Hone. (You can spend her S and C slots for stacking more of a particular slot, but obviously using up 3 skill-slots for buffs costs more than using 1.) And since Reyson and Leanne are better for offensive dancing (due to 3 move), Azura's main draws are her all stats buff for teams that are at least defensively capable, because her mobility is never going to be reliable enough to outdo the Herons for a primarily offensive shell.

The Herons are low-key amazing for a Galeforce team, but I'm not going to pull either in time for them to matter for AR---I needed them like 4 weeks ago to get used to them. (For Arena, because the AI starts aggro'd, you don't need a lot of reach on Galeforce if you can predict AI a bit, meaning Azura's the best there if we ignore scoring.)

46 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Because of how AR works her Tactics isn't actually reliable enough (2 Eir + Azura = 3 fliers), meaning Dance in B-slot gives more forgiving positioning and a side-grade on stats compared to Hone. (You can spend her S and C slots for stacking more of a particular slot, but obviously using up 3 skill-slots for buffs costs more than using 1.) And since Reyson and Leanne are better for offensive dancing (due to 3 move), Azura's main draws are her all stats buff for teams that are at least defensively capable, because her mobility is never going to be reliable enough to outdo the Herons for a primarily offensive shell.

The Herons are low-key amazing for a Galeforce team, but I'm not going to pull either in time for them to matter for AR---I needed them like 4 weeks ago to get used to them. (For Arena, because the AI starts aggro'd, you don't need a lot of reach on Galeforce if you can predict AI a bit, meaning Azura's the best there if we ignore scoring.)

Eh. On Light weeks, Eir mostly does pretty much nothing since I can let my Light-blessed juggernauts handle mostly everything with Eir only picking off low-Def mages, meaning she doesn't really need the buffs. On non-Light weeks, there's no real reason to run more than one copy of Eir unless you really need her passive healing 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eh. On Light weeks, Eir mostly does pretty much nothing since I can let my Light-blessed juggernauts handle mostly everything with Eir only picking off low-Def mages, meaning she doesn't really need the buffs. On non-Light weeks, there's no real reason to run more than one copy of Eir unless you really need her passive healing 

It also means you can't bring any other fliers and expect them to be buffed, though. (Not an issue if you have Hone Fliers to spare and whatnot, but Cordelia being my only Galeforce user that's anything close to invested means that my teams are really janky for light weeks.)

Well my teams are really janky in general since most of my units are in 3 different teams, so none of their skills can be specialized for one team. Once I get annoyed enough at juggling this stuff I'll probably just focus on one team and tank my losses for the teams they can't cover.