Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

And the boy band takes on Ursula. Had to restart once due to positioning errors, but overall a piece of cake. They had to bring on their back up vocalist to neutralize F!Robin, but otherwise this is a really solid team for ghbs so far. If I had a spare DC to give to either one of Tibarn or Hríd, they could knock out 2-range enemies in one round.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Checked the CYL participants, and it looks like 210 name already made it into Heroes, but 451 are still waiting for their turn.

Not counting alts, OGs and male/female versions separately, we only got 41 new units in 2018?

Ares, Aversa, Canas, Ethlyn, Finn, Flora, Garon, Gerome, Gharnef, Hardin, Ishtar, Jamke, Julius, Kana, Karla, Kliff, L'arachel, Legault, Leif, Lene, Lewyn, Libra, Linus, Lyon, Maribelle, Marisa, Micaiah, Morgan, Myrrh, Nanna, Nina, Oliver, Ophelia, Owain, Quan, Saias, Silas, Silvia, Sothe, Sumia, Walhart

I hope 2019 will be more prosperous.

35 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I hope 2019 will be more prosperous.

We are starting the year with 2 Special Heroes Banners... One is for Valentine Day, and the other I don't know. For now, We know that we are getting a Binding Blade banner in March, but also a Spring Banner too. This Year isn't looking good on my eyes, but I need to stay positive.

Wow, IS really needs to do something about new ways to obtain skills. There is almost no interesting skills in the 3*-4* pool units, and many of them literally give nothing even slightly useful. 

I’ve just upgraded a Peri to 5* and given her Darting Blow and Escape Route because I literally had that or give Zephiel Aether or Niles the +8 merge with the feathers. 

Edited by Javi Blizz

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We are starting the year with 2 Special Heroes Banners... One is for Valentine Day, and the other I don't know. For now, We know that we are getting a Binding Blade banner in March, but also a Spring Banner too. This Year isn't looking good on my eyes, but I need to stay positive.

From my previous post I forgot to count Mikoto in, so make it 42 new names in the game. Judgral had a good year though with all those GHB and TT units.

So far this year is not bad, already got 5 new Fire Emblem units in, now the question is how much IS planned for February. So far it looks optimistic, but I'll write them a feedback anyway about what I think about the progress of the game.

7 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

From my previous post I forgot to count Mikoto in, so make it 42 new names in the game. Judgral had a good year though with all those GHB and TT units.

So far this year is not bad, already got 5 new Fire Emblem units in, now the question is how much IS planned for February. So far it looks optimistic, but I'll write them a feedback anyway about what I think about the progress of the game.

What I am predicting for Jan, Feb and Mar:

• Beast Unit Banner (Jan 10 - Jan 29);
  • First Special Heroes (Jan 22 - Feb 22);
  • Second Special Heroes (Feb 07 - Mar 07);
  • New Heroes Banner? (Feb 20~22 - Mar 7~10);
  • Binding Blade Banner? (Mar 7~10 - Mar 20~22);
  • Spring Heroes (Mar 20~22 - Abr 20~22)

We don't know Three Houses's Release date, but I believe it will be a late April/early May game, so the late April/early May banner could be Three Houses.

I hope for Echoes to get some love this year, since only got 2 heroes from Shadows of Valentia, and both are Celica's Alts (Fallen Celica and Brave Celica). A new Shadow Dragon Banner would make me happy too... or at least one of the Special Heroes to have Echoes/SD characters. Alm and Celica for the Valentine Banner would be cool, although we would have our 4th Celica...

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope for Echoes to get some love this year, since only got 2 heroes from Shadows of Valentia, and both are Celica's Alts (Fallen Celica and Brave Celica). A new Shadow Dragon Banner would make me happy too... or at least one of the Special Heroes to have Echoes/SD characters. Alm and Celica for the Valentine Banner would be cool, although we would have our 4th Celica...

I just want Tatiana to be in the game and I will forgive Insys if they don't put Zeke in the banner, because technically he is there. But he was an alt before it was cool. So he deserves it. xD 

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, at least Kliff showed up if that counts. Mystery was also quiet with Hardin and Gharnef only.

43 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I just want Tatiana to be in the game and I will forgive Insys if they don't put Zeke in the banner, because technically he is there. But he was an alt before it was cool. So he deserves it. xD

Bord and Cord were the first alts before it was cool, which is, well I'll leave them to figure that out. If you don't count siblings, then you're talking Sedgar.

And if we ever get another SoV banner, odds of Tatiana are very high, since IS likes adding females, and she and Silque are the only playable ones left not included outside of the questionable Cipher trio. Ms. Sati/Pele I'd lean towards being a GHB, but it is not definite.

Anyone think they'll do another mass rarity drop? And if so, when was the prior one? Also, if a CYL3 poll is going to happen, when would that be timed?

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wow, IS really needs to do something about new ways to obtain skills. There is almost no interesting skills in the 3*-4* pool units, and many of them literally give nothing even slightly useful. 

I’ve just upgraded a Peri to 5* and given her Darting Blow and Escape Route because I literally had that or give Zephiel Aether or Niles the +8 merge with the feathers. 

I need IS to spread Skills out more, B Tomebreaker needs to be in the Summon pool~

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bord and Cord were the first alts before it was cool, which is, well I'll leave them to figure that out. If you don't count siblings, then you're talking Sedgar.

And if we ever get another SoV banner, odds of Tatiana are very high, since IS likes adding females, and she and Silque are the only playable ones left not included outside of the questionable Cipher trio. Ms. Sati/Pele I'd lean towards being a GHB, but it is not definite.

Anyone think they'll do another mass rarity drop? And if so, when was the prior one? Also, if a CYL3 poll is going to happen, when would that be timed?

CYL3 will probably be at the end of January, like the previous two. So sometime soon.

The mass rarity drop was April 2018. I think another is decently likely, but I'm not sure when.

50 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Well, at least Kliff showed up if that counts. Mystery was also quiet with Hardin and Gharnef only.

Oh... I forgot about Kliff... But he was part of the Brave Redux banner. I want a Valentian Banner. Hardin was part of the Fallen Heroes Banner, with two alt units, and Gharnef came of nowhere as a GHB.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

The mass rarity drop was April 2018. I think another is decently likely, but I'm not sure when.

I hope to whatever deity everyone prays to that it'll remain to be a question of when the mass rarity drop will occur, and not a question of if.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Damn xD So they even had alts in the first game. Yeah but they could be seen as alts I don't mind.

Which would be nice, only little fear is that they decide to separate Silque and Tatiana. And Silque is a little bit more popular. But that remains to see. I shouldn't give CYL too much weight in decisions.

But yeah, from female aspect and cipher aside they are the only remaining playables. 
Still have to do a playthrough with Cipher characters though. 

Overall I am mixed about mass drop. I would be happy to have a bigger pool and not the same. But somehow this let me question if it is a smart Idea to use all my orbs on Deirdre soon if she should ever drop...I might pull some copies of her if Rinkah comes out. Maybe I will reduce my orbs I use on the next banner with Deirdre to 200 and hope that I just get lucky enough to get 1-2 out of her. She would be my first 5* exclusive +10 and with a drop I am back to no exclusive 5* xD The pain of f2p after all this saving and pity break mess.

Also 3 units I actually started saving orbs for are Rinkah, Tatiana and Zeke...but Insys just shows no attempts to fill the roster again this month.

Edited by Stroud

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

Damn xD So they even had alts in the first game. Yeah but they could be seen as alts I don't mind.

It was more laziness and limited resources in the NES era than intention. Zeke was intentional, since no other profile carried over, other than the Whitewings.

Maji_Saji Bord and Cord. Machis_Biraku Matthis and Vyland. Mishelan_Tomth Dolph and Macellan.  Gordon Gordin, Sedgar, and Tomas.

Wolf is a purple-pink haired Gordin. Caesar and Radd only differ in hair color. Jake and Beck have the same body, with differing expressions, hair colors, and armor colors. Palla, Catria, and Est all share the same base, their hairdos, colors, and expressions are the only thing that differ. Midia is a more modified Whitewing. Abel and Cain have same hair and body, only differing colors on head and armor and facial expressions. Wendel and Boah dress alike, but with different garment colors and Boah has a stache. King Jiol of Gra and Lorenz only differ in armor color and hairdo. Michalis is Navarre with different armor and hair colors. Gharnef and Bantu differ only in robe colors, skin colors, and expressions.

Phew! I think that is it.

And on NES Nyna, I think I can see her influencing Gaiden Mathilda and Tatiana. Compare Nyna with the other two:

Niena  machilda  teeta                 teeta ? Camus  ?  Niena        teeta?????Niena

Similar expression flipped in facing direction for Tatiana. As for Mathilda, same blonde and use of a tiara. I also think I heard it somewhere that originally Hardin probably didn't exist, Nyna was herself a Cavalier/Paladin. Mathilda might have been a resurrection of this idea if true.

Those other things were me just having fun.

25 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Still have to do a playthrough with Cipher characters though. 

I found them quite useful on the whole, particularly Randal and Shade. In a game with so small a playable cast and the ability to field everyone, they can and do make a difference.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I found them quite useful on the whole, particularly Randal and Shade. In a game with so small a playable cast and the ability to field everyone, they can and do make a difference.

My problem was that i had everything done already the day they appeared. The only thing left to do was collecting the rare weapons which have an abyssal drop rate D=.

Should have taken a look on NES sprites. The only I compared so far have been Zeke and Camus to show that they even put some effort there. xD 
True, it makes sense that they used the same assets for some characters more often or just changed a little. With limited space you just have to trick around. Just reminds me about the concept of tiles then. 

Now that I think of Cipher. Shouldn't they also have a chance for a new banner? I wouldn't mind Shade and Randal (One of the few characters with beard in this FE time).

1 hour ago, Othin said:

CYL3 will probably be at the end of January, like the previous two. So sometime soon.

I feel like we need more than just a rarity drop this time around. If they just drop a lot of gen1 5* exclusives and some of the recent 4-5, the 3-4 pool would become incredibly inflated. And it wouldn't change the fact that a lot of early gen 1 heroes, even the 5* exclusive have incredibly lackluster skill set. Unless something major is done, pulling units like Donnel, Raigh and Virion will nearly always be completely useless and even pulling a 4* Lyn or Lucina if they were ever to drop wouldn't really give you anything of value SI wise. I've heard the idea of creating a separate pool where you could use free currency to pull for lower rarity units, but if the pool is filled with units that have little value as fodder, no one is really gonna pull from it. They'd need to revitalize the skill sets of older units so that they actually have decent skill to offer as fodder. 

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I feel like we need more than just a rarity drop this time around. If they just drop a lot of gen1 5* exclusives and some of the recent 4-5, the 3-4 pool would become incredibly inflated. And it wouldn't change the fact that a lot of early gen 1 heroes, even the 5* exclusive have incredibly lackluster skill set. Unless something major is done, pulling units like Donnel, Raigh and Virion will nearly always be completely useless and even pulling a 4* Lyn or Lucina if they were ever to drop wouldn't really give you anything of value SI wise. I've heard the idea of creating a separate pool where you could use free currency to pull for lower rarity units, but if the pool is filled with units that have little value as fodder, no one is really gonna pull from it. They'd need to revitalize the skill sets of older units so that they actually have decent skill to offer as fodder. 

Depends on how you define "need". I don't expect the 4* pool to ever really catch up to skill escalation.

My guess is that rather than adding anything else to the 3-4* pool, they'd add a bunch of 5* exclusives from the first ~6 months to the 4-5* pool. They could also make it so that the units who were in the 3-4* pool at launch instead become 3* exclusives, to drop the odds of getting units like Virion while still keeping them as a possibility. By simultaneously dropping units into 4-5* and out of 3-4*, they'd avoid making the total 4* pool grow further.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Depends on how you define "need". I don't expect the 4* pool to ever really catch up to skill escalation.

My guess is that rather than adding anything else to the 3-4* pool, they'd add a bunch of 5* exclusives from the first ~6 months to the 4-5* pool. They could also make it so that the units who were in the 3-4* pool at launch instead become 3* exclusives, to drop the odds of getting units like Virion while still keeping them as a possibility. By simultaneously dropping units into 4-5* and out of 3-4*, they'd avoid making the total 4* pool grow further.

I doubt they will do this. It would make the current 3-4* units have a lower appearance rate than 4-5* units. The 4* rate would become 58% (plus some part of the off-banner 5* 3% rate) compared to 36% for 3* only. Also, it would mean that a lot of useful skills would become more expensive. For example, Attack +3 on Cherche, Hone Cavalry on Gunter, Fury 3 on Hinata, etc. would require a full 2,000 feathers every time since the 4* variety would no longer be available.

I always found it odd that 1-2* units were the rarest. Perhaps they could find a use for them. I wish there were a mode that required upgrading weapons over time so that the elite weapons seemed special. Most 5* units already have their best weapon available and equipped so there is no reason to ever use anything else.

I’d rather have the 3,4 and even 5 star pools be seperated. So when you pull on the laguz banner, only heroes from even numbered FE titles would show up. That way you desaturate the pool, by breaking it into different smaller pools. 

We have so many red 5 stars, havibg only half of them as a possible pitybreaker on a banner would be very welcome. 

16 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

We have so many red 5 stars, havibg only half of them as a possible pitybreaker on a banner would be very welcome. 

I, for one, would love to be pitybroken by a Zelgius, Swordhardt, Elincia, or Homeless Celica.

11 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I, for one, would love to be pitybroken by a Zelgius, Swordhardt, Elincia, or Homeless Celica.

That is the opposite of me. Outside of Dancers, Laevatein, and maybe Laegjarn, I do not want to be pitybroken by any other sword unit.

15 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Meanwhile, I dread the inevitable Laegjarn or Laevatein pitybreaker when I'm going for a red I actually like and want such as Tibarn.

I don't think anyone has problems with those guys (except maybe Elincia) staying as 5* exclusives. It's the stuff like...at least half of the 2017 5* exclusives that need to go. The only ones that have a case for staying, in my opinion at least, are Alm, Celica, Saber (all because of their refines), Elincia, Sigurd and Ayra.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is the opposite of me. Outside of Dancers, Laevatein, and maybe Laegjarn, I do not want to be pitybroken by any other sword unit.

Now that I got 5 Laevatein in the Hríd's Legendary Banner, and got pity broken by another Laevatein in the New Years Banner, I wouldn't mind to be pity broken by her again. Now that she is +5, I would mike to finish +10 her.

We were talking about SoV earlier?

After my friend returned my copy of SoV, I've been playing through it. I'm almost through act 4, and I have to say ... my favorite characters are Kliff and Luthier.

This is entirely justified on the fact that their personalities don't piss me off, and they kill EVERYTHING for me in this game. Like, EVERYTHING. Faye also kills everything for me alongside those two, but I'm just eh on her character so I can't really say she's my favorite. Luthier when IS.

(My Alm also seems to be strength screwed. He sucked until I threw the Royal Sword at him. Should I be glad my only Alm in Heroes decided not to be -atk?)