Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Tree said:

I doubt they will do this. It would make the current 3-4* units have a lower appearance rate than 4-5* units. The 4* rate would become 58% (plus some part of the off-banner 5* 3% rate) compared to 36% for 3* only. Also, it would mean that a lot of useful skills would become more expensive. For example, Attack +3 on Cherche, Hone Cavalry on Gunter, Fury 3 on Hinata, etc. would require a full 2,000 feathers every time since the 4* variety would no longer be available.

True.

There's another approach: eliminate 3* summons entirely, increasing the 4* rate to 94%. Rarities below 3* quickly became obsolete, and I think we're at the point where rarities below 4* are becoming obsolete.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

True.

There's another approach: eliminate 3* summons entirely, increasing the 4* rate to 94%. Rarities below 3* quickly became obsolete, and I think we're at the point where rarities below 4* are becoming obsolete.

I don't see this happining any time soon. At all. It'd give them even less reason to demote new units and we already have a slow enough trickle of that.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I don't see this happining any time soon. At all. It'd give them even less reason to demote new units and we already have a slow enough trickle of that.

I don't think it'd actually conflict with demotes or anything else they're trying to do.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

They have to do something. It has become a chore to built up units since like 6 months, and its one of the main-features of the game. They either messaround with the summoning pool or they introduce some form of shop where you can buy skills with ingame currency.

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's the problem we have with 1-2* units currently. I think you're suggesting having just two rarities: promoted (5*) and unpromoted (everything else)? That's rather unlikely. I'd prefer something that makes the lower rarities worth using, but I think those days might be past. Ideally, I think it would have been nice if skill points (SP) had been an attribute like in traditional games. Characters that have lower attack and defense stats could make up for it by having more skill points. This would allow them to equip more skills simultaneously. A sacred seal could have provided additional SP allowing a better skill or even extra skills to be equipped. The SP attribute would have provided more unique stat combinations for characters which could have slowed the current powercreep. They can't really do that retroactively though. I'm not sure what they will do, but I'm hoping they offer more than just mass demotions for the anniversary.

9 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's the problem we have with 1-2* units currently. I think you're suggesting having just two rarities: promoted (5*) and unpromoted (everything else)? That's rather unlikely.

I don't see it as a problem, and I don't think IS does, either. And really, it's how things already are.

By now, 20k feathers to get to 5* is a minor investment worth putting into any unit you're bothering to do anything with (outside of a 4* +10 build) and 2k feathers is trivial. We don't even have a level requirement to promote anymore.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see it as a problem, and I don't think IS does, either. And really, it's how things already are.

By now, 20k feathers to get to 5* is a minor investment worth putting into any unit you're bothering to do anything with (outside of a 4* +10 build) and 2k feathers is trivial. We don't even have a level requirement to promote anymore.

Yes, it is mostly the way it is know. The 2,000 we have to spend for each 3* isn't too bad as far as merges are concerned, but it really starts to add up when skills are factored in. I still think it is unlikely they will remove rarities. If they did, then I think they would get rid of stars entirely rather than just have 4-5* units.

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yes, it is mostly the way it is know. The 2,000 we have to spend for each 3* isn't too bad as far as merges are concerned, but it really starts to add up when skills are factored in. I still think it is unlikely they will remove rarities. If they did, then I think they would get rid of stars entirely rather than just have 4-5* units.

They can't get rid of stars, they need backwards compatibility. People have existing 1-3* units, and as things currently stand, new 3* units will show up periodically with stuff like GHBs and Three Heroes quests.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:27 AM, Zeo said:

Weather or not you decide to burn up hours of your time reminiscing with me, I am curious. if you've been following me, What were your favorite clears? Matthew, Morgan and Special?

OK, Morgan I've narrowed down to L!Tiki, Lyon, L!Eirika, and the Raven and Lucius clears~

Still deciding on Matthew~

On another note, if they don't do it for February, then March would be the perfect opportunity to give units without a personal weapon a new bow and staff wince it would be when Binding Blade gets a new banner. In other words, Klein and Clarine getting new weapons for the March update would be pretty appropriate. We've gotten the ability to refine a personal/legendary bow before with Takumi, Jeorge, and Innes, but we've yet to have any archers without personal weapons gain one. Healers are even worse where nobody has gained a personal staff.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

They can't get rid of stars, they need backwards compatibility. People have existing 1-3* units, and as things currently stand, new 3* units will show up periodically with stuff like GHBs and Three Heroes quests.

Well, they'd have to auto-promote everyone up to the 4* equivalent in that case. If they only wanted to have two tiers of star rarities (4-5*), they still might auto-promote everyone to 4* anyway. (They did upgrade the Askr trio to 4* for new accounts, so they might be planning some changes to the rarity system at some point.)

8 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I feel like we need more than just a rarity drop this time around. If they just drop a lot of gen1 5* exclusives and some of the recent 4-5, the 3-4 pool would become incredibly inflated. And it wouldn't change the fact that a lot of early gen 1 heroes, even the 5* exclusive have incredibly lackluster skill set. Unless something major is done, pulling units like Donnel, Raigh and Virion will nearly always be completely useless and even pulling a 4* Lyn or Lucina if they were ever to drop wouldn't really give you anything of value SI wise. I've heard the idea of creating a separate pool where you could use free currency to pull for lower rarity units, but if the pool is filled with units that have little value as fodder, no one is really gonna pull from it. They'd need to revitalize the skill sets of older units so that they actually have decent skill to offer as fodder. 

Anyone have any idea how other gatchas address this? -If any gatchas last long enough to have this problem?

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

my favorite characters are Kliff and Luthier.

This is entirely justified on the fact that their personalities don't piss me off, and they kill EVERYTHING for me in this game. Like, EVERYTHING.

Prithee tell how the mage so slow I feareth getting by Knights doubled, and who as best magic bears only the inconstant Excalibur and Sagittae heavy, rends flesh as though working at a late 1800s Chicago slaughterhouse? Of curiosity genuine I am.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

(My Alm also seems to be strength screwed. He sucked until I threw the Royal Sword at him. Should I be glad my only Alm in Heroes decided not to be -atk?)

At first, I assumed Alm would be like Hector, Ephraim, and Ike- a lord who destroyed things once they got some steam going. And I heard FE2 Alm is quite good, barring a rut after Act 1 and before getting the Royal Sword (which it was also said everyone has).

On my very first playthrough, Hard Classic like the rest, Alm seemed to live up to expectations. He was monstrously strong for me. Subsequent runs however have... found Alm to be more comparable to Eliwood (I know you like the guy, but he is a mediocre fighter in his youth). His Atk and Def were generally fine, but his Spd ended up being awfully problematic, and the Royal Sword became his crutch needed to compete with a good Dread Fighter, rather than Double Lion icing on a godly cake. Mind you I picked Tobin as my first DF, probably the worst for the job, while subsequent runs turned to Gray and Kliff for the job; and I discovered the Zweihander (can someone please get this in FEH? Nevemind the absence of a Skl stat for Tigerstance.).

Celica by comparison has remained consistent. She has a harder time being bad, no doubt partly owing to spellslinging.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Prithee tell how the mage so slow I feareth getting by Knights doubled, and who as best magic bears only the inconstant Excalibur and Sagittae heavy, rends flesh as though a working at a late 1800s Chicago slaughterhouse? Of curiosity genuine I am.

Good RNG luck, I guess?

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Good RNG luck, I guess?

Fair enough. That 20 Crit of Excalibur proccing enough could do that. And I've heard of luckier- like using Fiona almost effortlessly on one's first run of RD, US Hard/Japan Maniac to be precise. I was aghast to see that, no grinding or anything for her.

They can clean up the pool a little by eliminating the dumb idea of having certain characters in both 3* and 4* rarity. For example, stuff like Serra or Tsubaki (and most launch characters) should be stuck to 3* rarity while some of the more recent demotions stay at 4* rarity only thus cleaning up the 5* pool a little bit. 

Also, demote Mist and Luke. Those 2 have no business being limited to 5* rarity anymore besides being there to troll people. 

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

They can clean up the pool a little by eliminating the dumb idea of having certain characters in both 3* and 4* rarity. For example, stuff like Serra or Tsubaki (and most launch characters) should be stuck to 3* rarity while some of the more recent demotions stay at 4* rarity only thus cleaning up the 5* pool a little bit. 

Also, demote Mist and Luke. Those 2 have no business being limited to 5* rarity anymore besides being there to troll people. 

Making units 3* only would be hell for people who want Barst, Selena, etc. for skill fodder.

4*s are more common than 3*s now, so it'd make certain skill fodder really hard to get.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeesh, these laguz are hard to kill. Beastkillers when?

I hope the next seasonal banner is themed around a festival of the hunt, so we can get those weapons.

If only anti-cavalry weapons were also anti-beast like in Awakening. Still, all the bird laguz are weak to archers and other anti-flier weapons and except for Nailah, all the new beast units are bird laguz. Dragon laguz would be weak to anti-dragon weapons and maybe one of the beast types will be armors, so they'll be weak to anti-armor weapons.

Anyway, I guess Kaden, Keaton, Panne, Selkie, Velouria, and Yarne will introduce anti-beast beast damage weapons? They learn Beastbane and that grants them effective damage against beasts. As much as some people might dislike it, an Awakening or Fates banner introducing them would be useful, especially if one of them ends up being the demote unit.

Edited by Kaden

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If only anti-cavalry weapons were also anti-beast like in Awakening. Still, all the bird laguz are weak to archers and other anti-flier weapons and except for Nailah, all the new beast units are bird laguz. Dragon laguz would be weak to anti-dragon weapons and maybe one of the beast types will be armors, so they'll be weak to anti-armor weapons.

Anyway, I guess Kaden, Keaton, Panne, Selkie, Velouria, and Yarne will introduce anti-beast beast damage weapons? They learn Beastbane and that grants them effective damage against beasts. As much as some people might dislike it, an Awakening or Fates banner introducing them would be useful, especially if one of them ends up being the demote unit.

For some reason, I imagine them implementing Keaton and Velouria as armors, just because of how the Wolfskin/Garou look in beast form. They just look more bulky. Taguel and the kitsune would be implemented like Nailah. 

Magvel princes (except Joshua, who seems to have run away from his duties again) doing a mock battle, huh?

Ended up on Innes's team, which is fine with me lol.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

Which would drop though? How'd they do in CYL/CYL2? Let us look:

Panne 94/44

Yarne 186/215

Kaden 76/46

Selkie 59/21

Keaton 78/34

Velouria 84/54

So Panne or Velouria could possibly drop. And Yin-Yarne seems soooooo behind that he could end up being a TT eunuch like Canas. They only have room for 5 characters at most though with an NHB and TT, unless they twist as they did with Kana a GHB for someone. So I see extinction boy getting the void.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeesh, these laguz are hard to kill. Beastkillers when?

I hope the next seasonal banner is themed around a festival of the hunt, so we can get those weapons.

Sounds like a good chance for Kiragi. And also King Desmond as a GHB- he was pretty heartless to kill Zephiel's gift of a baby fox to Guinevere.

Not sure if any Tellius character would be a good choice for bringing a Beast Killer of any sort. Shinon has his Silencer, and nobody else playable is racist (barring PoR Jill at the start). Petrine is racist, but she'd have to have the effectiveness placed on her Flame Lance, and I'm not sure if they'd have other ideas for her. Izuka won't come for years if ever.

The rewards for GCs don't include Orbs it looks like, I guess I can largely ignore the event then. 

Fortunately the princes of Magvel don't interest me too much. Innes is decent, a little too standoffish and competitive at times, but decent, if strangely lacking an Ephraim support in SS, despite him being his declared rival. Ephraim fails to be the martial but not bellicose lord I desire, being too braindead set on aggression and perfect, but some of his supports are good enough. Lyon, I used to only really see his Eirika self (mostly because Ephraim route was tough as a kid) which I liked as a kid, but now I prefer the less pitiful, yet still pitiable Ephraim!Lyon. Of the princes here, Lyon, in his Eph depiction, is my favorite.

Anyone think that the amount of aether required to do a raid should be lowered? I was only able to do one battle, which I lost because I was given a horrible matchup I guess, and now I suddenly don't have enough aether anymore. For some reason, my aether wasn't completely restored after yesterday when I booted up the game today either. I only had half of the max amount.