Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

If we are getting a free legendary/mythic hero I guess I would pick L!Azura because of how dang broken she is and I know she would be the pick of F2P guides.  I wonder if we might get an FEH channel on Friday?  I forget when the one that had the CYL results was last year, but I am kind of thinking there will be one either tomorrow or Friday.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Twilight of the Gods one of the best tracks in the series, great to hear it in this game.

Twilight of the Gods was the boss map theme for the third Tempest Trials, Reunited at Last. It's also been used for Tap Battle before.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/hrid_icy_blade/

According to the FEH website, Gunnthra isn't the oldest of the ice siblings, Hríd is. For an entire year I thought that the oldest was Gunnthra. 

Hríd is the first prince of Nifl, a land watched over by a legendary ice dragon. Being the elder brother of Gunnthrá, Fjorm, and Ylgr, Hríd is totally devoted to his responsibilities

Wait, what. Didn't Fjorm basically imply that it was Gunnthra, Hrid, herself, and Ylgr in that one chapter?

EDIT: Yeah, just replayed that one chapter with dialogue. Fjorm introduces her family as "Gunnthra, our brother Hrid, me, and then Ylgr". Something like that. Either Fjorm's statement was misleading or FEH retconned something?

Edited by Sunwoo

I'm not sure which elemental hero I'd pick, given a choice. I'd been planning on voting for Azura for A Hero Rises because she seemed like a good candidate for actually winning, but as common of a pick as I'm sure she'd be with a free choice, I'm more interested in building up my collection of interesting characters and mechanics than in jumping on every new broken alt. I could see myself going with Tiki or Marth instead.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

According to the FEH website, Gunnthra isn't the oldest of the ice siblings, Hríd is. For an entire year I thought that the oldest was Gunnthra. 

Reminds me of Almedha a bit actually, physically I thought she looked older than Rajaion, even though it is never said who is the elder of the two.

I get the general impression IS has a preference against having sisters be the eldest of multiple siblings when there are siblings of both sexes. This isn't absolute, Emmeryn, Elice, Tethys, Melady, Ninian, Altena and Brigid and Lene (who aren't really treated as Leif's/Andrey's/Coirpre's sister due to a lack of interactions with the sibling), and I guess Ishtar "feels" the senior (due to her Major Thurd), are exceptions, a lot of exceptions actually.

But these are fairly few compared to the opposite. Makalov I think is older than Marcia, Ike is older than Mist, Zephiel over Guinevere, Bors over Gwendolyn, Michalis over Minerva and Maria, Xander and Ryoma over their flocks, Klein over Clarine, Eldigan over Lachesis, every 2nd Gen child duo but Altena's/Lene's. Clive older than Clair, Sigurd over Ethlyn, Conrad over Celica, Ephraim "feels" the senior of his twin Eirika, Innes over Tana, and now Hrid over his Elsas (and BTW no doubt Fates influenced the choice for a four-sibling family, albeit with one more female since females sell better).

And even when the female has seniority, they often find ways of undermining it. Camilla can't inherit Nohr, probably because of her mental state; Emmeryn gets mentally disabled; Ninian is made of wet tissue (although I do really like Nils); Elice barely has screentime due to Gharnef capture and can't swing a Falchion; Almedha might be older than Kurthnaga at least, but she is so lost in grief she sometimes needs his shoulder.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure which elemental hero I'd pick, given a choice. I'd been planning on voting for Azura for A Hero Rises because she seemed like a good candidate for actually winning, but as common of a pick as I'm sure she'd be with a free choice, I'm more interested in building up my collection of interesting characters and mechanics than in jumping on every new broken alt. I could see myself going with Tiki or Marth instead.

Thinking more about this, I'm leaning towards Marth. In part because of the difficulty getting red characters on legendary banners, and also just because he's less likely to end up feeling interchangeable with something like another blue armored dragon. CYL might add another Marth, but I don't see it competing for the "Marth's ultimate form" status. Also, fire is the only element I only have one legendary hero for right now. And if I leave Azura, I can pick up either her or Lucina on the March banner.

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Wait, what. Didn't Fjorm basically imply that it was Gunnthra, Hrid, herself, and Ylgr in that one chapter?

EDIT: Yeah, just replayed that one chapter with dialogue. Fjorm introduces her family as "Gunnthra, our brother Hrid, me, and then Ylgr". Something like that. Either Fjorm's statement was misleading or FEH retconned something?

Yeah, I remember this too. I thought Gunnthra was the oldest myself. I guess this is a localization error or something. >.>

But if Hrid really is supposed to be the oldest, this might throw a wrench into my desire to ship him with Sharena. I was headcanoning that she's 16 and Hrid is 20-21 while Gunnthra is 24ish. If Hrid is actually closer to 24, that's too much of an age gap for my liking... But man he and Sharena would be cute together still. :(

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I remember this too. I thought Gunnthra was the oldest myself. I guess this is a localization error or something. >.>

But if Hrid really is supposed to be the oldest, this might throw a wrench into my desire to ship him with Sharena. I was headcanoning that she's 16 and Hrid is 20-21 while Gunnthra is 24ish. If Hrid is actually closer to 24, that's too much of an age gap for my liking... But man he and Sharena would be cute together still. :(

You could just headcanon that Hrid and Gunnthra have only a year difference between them. Neither looks particularly THAT old anyway.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

You could just headcanon that Hrid and Gunnthra have only a year difference between them. Neither looks particularly THAT old anyway.

Yeah I could. Even if it would mean the Nifl king and queen really got busy when first having kids... lol Though I really think Gunnthra looks the same age as Emmeryn who is confirmed to be 24.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah I could. Even if it would mean the Nifl king and queen really got busy when first having kids... lol Though I really think Gunnthra looks the same age as Emmeryn who is confirmed to be 24.

Eh, even if Gunnthra looks of similar age to Emmeryn most people don't change THAT much between 21-24. It's possible that Emmeryn looked exactly the way she does in-game when she was 21.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eh, even if Gunnthra looks of similar age to Emmeryn most people don't change THAT much between 21-24. It's possible that Emmeryn looked exactly the way she does in-game when she was 21.

Yeah, that's a fair enough point too.

I just had another thought. It's also possible that Hrid and Gunnthra are twins with Hrid being the firstborn of the two.

Edited by Anacybele

Regarding the possible free Legendary Hero, the line that was found in the datamine:

MID_SUMMON_PULL_ONLY_ONCE_Summon_762_legend13_OnlyPickup: The session ends when you summon a Hero.

seems to be almost identical to the line that appears for Brave Heroes, except that this one says 'summon' instead of 'select'. I've seen people on Reddit speculating this means we can freely summon one of the Legendary Heroes, you just don't know which you will get (which is apparently something other gacha games do too).

I can see them giving us the four colors to pick from at least, but ugh this would still be disappointing. I'd try to go for L!Azura but watch me get L!Ephraim instead with no useful fodder -_-

Gonna unironically support Ethlyn for VG. I picked her up for my savage blow healer because her defensive spread was the best I had at the time, but she low key shuts off like 20-30% of AR teams just by being on a single my of my raiding teams.

(+I like her art, although I wish the clasp on her cloak was a bit smaller.)

7 hours ago, Mau said:

seems to be almost identical to the line that appears for Brave Heroes, except that this one says 'summon' instead of 'select'. I've seen people on Reddit speculating this means we can freely summon one of the Legendary Heroes, you just don't know which you will get (which is apparently something other gacha games do too).

Not long before I left the game, I saw Dragalia Lost do something like this. If you spent for diamantium, you could summon one guaranteed *5 character, for a separate cost a free 5* Wyrmprint, and for another separate fee, a free 5* Dragon. Which you got in each instance was entirely random.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Anacybele @Sunwoo Case in point: When I shave (and am not wearing my class of 2011 shirt from college), I have been told I could pass for 15 years old. I'm 30.

Wow, that's impressive! Apparently, I can pass for as young as 12, as I was mistaken as that age last year. I'm 27. :P

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Anacybele @Sunwoo Case in point: When I shave (and am not wearing my class of 2011 shirt from college), I have been told I could pass for 15 years old. I'm 30.

You are not the only one who gets told that they look like a teenager.  I get told I look 16 when I am 27, I suppose I should be happy but I get annoyed at times.

37 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

You are not the only one who gets told that they look like a teenager.  I get told I look 16 when I am 27, I suppose I should be happy but I get annoyed at times.

I totally get you, I hate when people call me little girl. I'm not a kid, people, I'm just small. Even if you can't tell, it's more polite to say something like "young lady" or "ma'am" or something like that. Even just plain "girl" is fine.

Edited by Anacybele

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That’s what makes me think that either there was a mistranslation (whether it be in that chapter or currently on the site) or perhaps even straight up retcon happening as we know it. Come to think of it, the delivery of NY!Gunnthra’s lines are quite different compared to her vanilla year old version (basically her voice is a higher, more youthful pitch compared to her womanly delivery), so who knows. It could very well be the latter.