Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Ah damnit, the merge update is doing a little something I was afraid of.

It's not adding +3 stats to the units Flaw stat, it's outright deleting the flaw. You can tell because the unit will only have an Asset marker if they're merged.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah damnit, the merge update is doing a little something I was afraid of.

It's not adding +3 stats to the units Flaw stat, it's outright deleting the flaw. You can tell because the unit will only have an Asset marker if they're merged.

Isn't this what they said it would do?

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Isn't this what they said it would do?

@Xenomata This.

They mentioned that superbanes would receive +4, which basically means the flaw is removed outright.

On a side note, that means that units at level 1 only receive +1 and will probably have the same growth pattern as if they had a neutral growth.

@Fire Emblem Fan @Ice Dragon What I thought would happen was that the unit would receive a flat +3 or +4 to their Flaw stat regardless of level (Atk Flaw Odin with 15 Atk at level 29 would get boosted to 18, exactly the same if he had 19 Atk boosted to 22 at level 40), similar to a Level 1 +10 unit having a flat +4 to all stats.

But nope, it's exactly as Ice Dragon said, Level 1 units will only receive +1 and have the same growth as a neutral growth.

Edited by Xenomata

46 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You can tell because the unit will only have an Asset marker if they're merged.

I wish they would keep the Flaw marker since the Flaw is not permanently erased. I gave a Clair 3* [+Atk, -Def] a merge, but if I promote it to 4*, the -Def comes back again.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'll just leave this here [datamine spoilers for the final map of the next TT plus when it starts]:

That map... reminds me of PoR definitely, but I'm not sure if it copies any exact place. It recallls Chapter 1: The Battle Begins with the village look, but is totally not matching in layout. Good old Chapter 11- Blood Runs Red (and the Black Knight stalks) has some real layout similarities, but it is not exactly the same either. This being a Seasonal, it doesn't need to match an old map at all, it could just be totally original.

...Wait, they did add the boon bane visualizers? I guess it would be that blue lettered "Spd" on the above Priscilla picture?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I wish they would keep the Flaw marker since the Flaw is not permanently erased. I gave a Clair 3* [+Atk, -Def] a merge, but if I promote it to 4*, the -Def comes back again.

I at least somewhat remember all my units flaws, but yeah I wish they'd just keep it...

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That map... reminds me of PoR definitely, but I'm not sure if it copies any exact place. It recallls Chapter 1: The Battle Begins with the village look, but is totally not matching in layout. Good old Chapter 11- Blood Runs Red (and the Black Knight stalks) has some real layout similarities, but it is not exactly the same either. This being a Seasonal, it doesn't need to match an old map at all, it could just be totally original.

I'm pretty sure this is a seasonal variant of the Blood Runs Red map, since it look almost like this in the Story chapters.

Fortunately you can see the returning Flaw by selecting the "after" on the promote screen, so external websites are still unnecessary. Happy that I can dump my (hopelessly outdated) unit spreadsheet too. Would have been nice if it was directly visible on the screen though, instead of having to go to the unit card.

I'd have preferred Green/Red for the colour-coding, not least because the baby blue is so pale that it's easy to miss. As someone unfamiliar with Pokemon, having Red be the Asset colour would be super confusing to me, so personally I'm glad that isn't the case.

P.S. For anyone who can't see the display, it's because it's off by default. That stumped me for a minute.

I am peeved they outright remove the flaw so now I can't remember who has what flaws, but looking through my roster, it's great seeing many of their flaws just being... well, gone. That -Atk Legendary Marth is now neutral there. Effie's old -Res flaw doesn't matter anymore cause it's just gone. Legendary Hector used to be -Def, now he's as bulky as anyone elses Lector. And not to mention, I had so many -HP flaws I simply assumed everyone had low HP by default. Now... wow, look at all that HP!

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

As someone unfamiliar with Pokemon, having Red be the Asset colour would be super confusing to me, so personally I'm glad that isn't the case.

P.S. For anyone who can't see the display, it's because it's off by default. That stumped me for a minute.

I am now convinced that despite the amazing stuff they do, Nintendo at some point forgot how colors worked.

Also thank god you mentioned that. Even if I can barely see the blue, I'd much rather that than using my big meaty hand and fingers to tap the very small buttons.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, fun, the new Tempest Trials gives us

Hide contents

Darting Blow and Aerobatics Sacred Seals.

Also Torrent Dance, but who cares about that.

Damn.

Spoiler

They're giving us the second best Blow skill as a SS before the ones that are worthless? That is... wow what.

That's vastly different from when the first Stance we got was arguably the worst one...

33 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I am peeved they outright remove the flaw so now I can't remember who has what flaws

How did you remember them in the first place? You would have needed to commit them to memory unless you had them written down elsewhere, and if you did the latter, you should still have it.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Not only that, but it should still affect the order of stat gains from merges in some cases, shouldn't it?

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

How did you remember them in the first place? You would have needed to commit them to memory unless you had them written down elsewhere, and if you did the latter, you should still have it.

Oh I did have them written down. Here is the last update I made to the "How many 5 star units do you have?" thread.

For a lot of my units I simply remembered them all because I was fond of the unit, for others I updated in that thread often enough that I simply comitted the units asset/flaw to memory. For a few, I just check Gamepedia or Gamepress because I couldn't tell which was the flaw.

Unfortunately I've gotten a fair few units since the last update, and my memory is short as-is so the flaws of many of my units may simply be lost to time... (though I am making a spreadsheet with all the asset/flaws while I can still remember)

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They're giving us the second best Blow skill as a SS before the ones that are worthless? That is... wow what.

That's vastly different from when the first Stance we got was arguably the worst one...

I figure they prioritized those two because speed has become less and less of a noteworthy stat in a meta that has starkly shifted toward _________ Fighter skills, QR, and effects that take away the opponent's ability to do a second attack. But yes, that new seal is definitely a more useful get than two of its brethren options that don't blend well with player phase builds

Is it safe to do Heroic Ordeals for these Gen 1 units? There isn't going to be some time where using a certain unit gives a larger reward? I'd hate to do Ike's ordeal and then during the FE9 banner he gives 20-40 flowers as a bonus.

38 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Not only that, but it should still affect the order of stat gains from merges in some cases, shouldn't it?

I haven't tested yet, but my hunch is that once the flaw is nullified, the order of stat gains from merges will treat the stat as if neutral were its natural state.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Is it safe to do Heroic Ordeals for these Gen 1 units? There isn't going to be some time where using a certain unit gives a larger reward? I'd hate to do Ike's ordeal and then during the FE9 banner he gives 20-40 flowers as a bonus.

Larger rewards are given to more recently released units. The reward amount will never change for an individual unit.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Pretty sure the intent is that since the older units have a far greater availability, older players don't get too many bonuses too fast, and newer players can still use them to get a few boosts.

Frankly I'm suddenly more hyped to get an extra 40 horseflowers from Titania

From what I've seen, 5 star characters face 5 star level 35s, while 4 star characters face 4 star level 30, it also defaults to the first unit listed, if you have multiples, but you can swap it once you pick the partner.

From what I've seen, 5 star characters face 5 star level 35s, while 4 star characters face 4 star level 30, it also defaults to the first unit listed, if you have multiples, but you can swap it once you pick the partner.