• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

So all heroic ordeals completed (almost) and not enough dragonflowers to maximize a single unit.

That's just silly. 

I was going to start using some, but since it's pretty hard to get I'll think very carefully on which units to use first. 

I've only used the Flying and Armor ones because it's pretty safe to invest in Surtr and Aversa. Cav will probably go to Rein first.
Infantry I'm between Nailah, Fjorm and Askr trio for arena.

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Since I use f2p guides a lot, I'll be careful not to invest dragonflowers into units often seen in them (like Reinhardt and Veronica) since it could potentially change the AI behaviour. 

That's true. Sometimes, I cannot use my free neutral Fjorm because she is +1. I was "lucky" to get another Neutral Fjorm on Azura's Legendary Banner.

Do we know if dragonflowers stats can be seen on enemy units, like merges, or the extra stats are only for the players, like Summoner Support?

11 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Starting to regret jumping the gun on foddering the hot springs Camilla so quickly.  That's 40 flowers down the tube...

That's how I feel about NY!Laegjarn. Ahhhhh,... At least there's no horse unit in the game yet that I'm entirely devoted to raising.

I only bothered doing the ones that gave me 40 so far. I used shards to level up the latest Camilla, since I have no wish to ever really use her. 

The only map that I struggled with was NY!Gunnthra. It doesn't help that mine was -Spd and kept dying to everything. I used a Light's Blessing in the end. 

I was surprised that Camilla's was one of the easier ones, considering she only has basic skills. She and NY!Hrid got the map cleared in a giffy. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Wow, like how I need Flowers for Infantry the most but only had 1 Unit with 40 so far. (Nailah). 
I really struggle on the other 3 for which units to push.

For Cavalry I am at loss, same for flier I guess Camilla. Armored units I will push are Sheena and Wendy. I dare to not use Flowers on non merge projects. I do not think about A.I. manipulation. Would give me more headache to decide.  

Well seems like I have hit the usual refinement release problem. Not enough Dew. I do have a lot of stones(though not as many as I would like), but I don't have a whole lot of stuff to refine with them. Everything that I want refined wants dew it seems.

I wish there existed a manner to exchange resources in this game. 

I've reached the max amount of dueling crests a few weeks ago and now it just piles up as resources I can't even collect anymore.

3 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Starting to regret jumping the gun on foddering the hot springs Camilla so quickly.  That's 40 flowers down the tube...

Yeah, I did the same. You can always spend 100 grails though. You'd get 40 blue flowers and another copy of Hone Fliers (at 4*), so not too bad for 100 grails I guess. The loss of a copy is annoying, but I was never going to use the character anyway. It doesn't really matter for older characters I no longer have, since they only provide two flowers.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Wow, like how I need Flowers for Infantry the most but only had 1 Unit with 40 so far. (Nailah). 
I really struggle on the other 3 for which units to push.

For Cavalry I am at loss, same for flier I guess Camilla. Armored units I will push are Sheena and Wendy. I dare to not use Flowers on non merge projects. I do not think about A.I. manipulation. Would give me more headache to decide.  

Nailah is actually the only Book 3 infantry unit available so far at all, strangely enough.

I don't think that'll last too much longer, though.

13 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I'm pretty sure this is a seasonal variant of the Blood Runs Red map, since it look almost like this in the Story chapters.

Of all maps to make festive, this isn't the first I'd pick. -Although which is? At least it isn't Chapter 8: Despair and Hope/Gebal Castle (although when Ilyana rolls around, we might get that map- Awakening had it after all).

I'm liking the new castle aesthetic, brightens things up nicely. And being able to see natures now is nice- even if most of mine are rather bleh (although why'd Leanne of all people get +Atk?). Still no real complaining from me, I ain't wastin' more Orbs than necessary to get a 5*.

4*s are the bigger annoyance to me actually, since I know I could and will get more of those eventually, even if I have none now. My best Marth is only +Res/-Def, which sounds good for budget anti-Breath, but I could probably do better. And +Atk/-HP or +Atk/-Spd Caeda, sound not terrible, but I don't want to waste 20k on them if there is something better. And +Atk/-HP Ares also sounds okay, but could I do better?

So when people say Gen 3 units, what is meant exactly? And how if at all are Gen 3s different BST-wise from Gen 2?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So when people say Gen 3 units, what is meant exactly? And how if at all are Gen 3s different BST-wise from Gen 2?

There are no Gen 3 units in the game. It's a purely theoretical construct for the time being.

Some people might be confusing it for how flower distribution works, which is divided by Books, not stat generations or years.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are no Gen 3 units in the game. It's a purely theoretical construct for the time being.

Some people might be confusing it for how flower distribution works, which is divided by Books, not stat generations or years.

There's also the matter of hypothetical "Gen 3 infantry". Since current infantry can go up to +10 but future infantry will no longer be able to, that suggests about a 5-point improvement in the BST of future infantry.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's also the matter of hypothetical "Gen 3 infantry". Since current infantry can go up to +10 but future infantry will no longer be able to, that suggests about a 5-point improvement in the BST of future infantry.

True, but I think that's to help the movement type compared to other types, rather than a regular generation increase.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Hinata: Nothing too special. The base effect caters to him but... Fury 3 refine.... they wanted it to suit his character or... I guess his base kit but... it's dumb to me. He wants to tank things on EP but he's going to take 12 damage after every round of combat. This was fine for Bartre because he just wanted to run up and nuke Armors or run Brash/Desp after one round of combat. With Hinata though it becomes awkward. I don't know. He may be better off just running a DEF refine on his weapon for +8 DEF on EP.

Hinata does gain some considerable physical bulk, though, and +6 to his stats is nothing to scoff at. Of the current characters to have received Fury for a unique refinement, Hinata's defense is the highest at 36 to Bartre's 33 and Eldigan's 34. Hinata's Katana also has Sturdy Stance 2 as its effect, so his defense gets even higher when he's attacked. This is weird, but I think the developers might have wanted Hinata to be able to run Brazen skills defensively. That's not to say Alfonse and Chrom can't since they can reach high defense as well by stacking Brazen skills with their refined Folkvangr or Sealed Falchion, but Hinata is easily able to enter Brazen's range with his his katana's Fury refine and his default Fury after one round of combat. =HP Hinata has 50 HP with his unique refined katana meaning he needs to take 10 damage to enter Brazen's range. Hinata takes 12 recoil damage from Fury 6.

Neutral Hinata would sit at 50 HP, 54 Atk, 30 Spd, 42 Def, and 24 Res with his unique refined katana and default Fury. When attacked, he'd have 58 Atk and 46 Def. Brazen Atk/Def as his seal would push him up to 61 Atk and 49 Def on player phase and 65 Atk and 53 Def on enemy phase. If Hinata somehow did not take damage on the first round of combat, then after taking 12 damage of recoil leaving him at 38 HP, Hinata would have 87 total or 68x2 physical bulk on player phase and 91 total or 72x2 physical bulk on enemy phase remaining. He'd constantly bleed out after every round of combat, thus killing his physical bulk, but he could also end up being ridiculously hard to kill through physical damage, especially if he's +Def. If Hinata is +Atk or +Spd which is a superboon and would give him 34 Spd here, then he could also be even stronger on player phase and enemy phase where with +Spd, he might have the speed to naturally double some of the slower units or with speed buffs.

Speaking of weird bulk, Tharja with Fortress Def/Res 2. By default, neutral Tharja has 39 HP, 46 Atk, 34 Spd, 23 Def, and 20 Res with her tome. Her unique refine, Heroes' version of Anathema, is always going to be active when she's in combat meaning she essentially gains Spd/Def/Res+4. So, now she's effectively sitting at 38 Spd, 27 Def, and 24 Res. That would give her 66 total or 47x2 physical and 63 total or 44x2 magical bulk. At the cost of 2 attack which she could easily make up from her tome's -blade effect, Fortress Def/Res and Anathema would give her Spd+4 and Def/Res+10. Her stats now would be 44 Atk, 38 Spd, 33 Def, and 30 Res and her bulk would be 72 total or 53x2 physical and 69 total or 50x2 magical bulk.

Tharja being a 3* and 4* summonable unit makes it a bit easier to get merges for her and a +10 neutral Tharja would have, I hope this is correct, 44 HP, 49 Atk, 39 Spd, 33 Def, and 30 Res before Anathema is active. With Anathema, she'd effectively have 43 Spd, 37 Def, and 34 Res. +10 neutral Tharja's bulk would be 81 total or 59x2 physical and 78 total or 56x2 magical. Imagine a Fortress Def/Res seal and Tharja with Close Counter. Anyway, the obvious problem is Fortress Def/Res because it's a 5* exclusive skill, but if you could get it and really want to do something weird and expensive with Tharja, then Fortress Def/Res would let Tharja be unusually tanky. Otherwise, Fury, Life & Death, Swift Sparrow, and other skills would be easier to get and/or more practical on her.

19 minutes ago, Tree said:

True, but I think that's to help the movement type compared to other types, rather than a regular generation increase.

Gen 2 exists to buff all classes except ranged cavalry because ranged cavalry was too powerful at the time. A Gen 3 infantry-only buff would be no different.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gen 2 exists to buff all classes except ranged cavalry because ranged cavalry was too powerful at the time. A Gen 3 infantry-only buff would be no different.

I didn't know Gen 2 didn't affect all unit types. That's interesting.

7 minutes ago, Tree said:

I didn't know Gen 2 didn't affect all unit types. That's interesting.

Yup.

• Melee infantry and all armors got +1 base and +10% growths.
  • Ranged infantry got +1 base and +5% growths.
  • Melee fliers got +10% growths.
  • Melee cavalry and ranged fliers got +5% growths.
  • Ranged cavalry got nothing.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Well seems like I have hit the usual refinement release problem. Not enough Dew. I do have a lot of stones(though not as many as I would like), but I don't have a whole lot of stuff to refine with them. Everything that I want refined wants dew it seems.

That is why all my 5* healers have every refine they can get so I have more dew.  Plus I like playing around with healers when I am bored.

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That is why all my 5* healers have every refine they can get so I have more dew.  Plus I like playing around with healers when I am bored.

@Usana Seconding this. There are fewer justifiable refines nowadays that use rocks due to the proliferation of exclusive weapons, so I've taken to just throwing on as many different staves as possible on my staffies and refining them.

Granted, I'm doing it really halfassedly so I still have a million rocks just sitting there. I should change that.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I thought it was divided by years too. But yeah, I checked the summoning Foci and basically anything before Fjorm gives 2, anything after Fjorm but before Eir gives 8, and anything after Eir gives 40