Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Damn...the Tap Battle change is pretty bad rewards wise. Instead of getting 1 orb for the boss battles, you get some universal shards instead? In addition to that, each stage gives you some random crap that you probably also have a landfill of already.

I was missing 3 orbs to reach 20 so I can do a full circle summon and thought Tap battle would be perfect but instead of 3 orbs, I got 1 orb and a bunch of random crap. 

I think we get the same amount of orbs as previous Tap Battles but I guess no more emergency 1 or 2 orbs now since we get them 5 at a time instead (and will have to wait for the stages to unlock).

Edited by zuibangde

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Fair point but I don’t entirely agree. Like you said before, the PvE isn’t exactly hard so I wouldn’t mind if Heroes stepped it up while still giving you something more than just a simple cosmetic like Abyssal does.

This shouldn’t be hard to do since the current PvE doesn’t seem balanced with merges in mind or even the second gen stat boost in mind. Suboptimal units also tend to be easily mergeable compared to optimal units who are 5* and can’t merge as easily so as long they keep up with merges they shouldn’t have a problem dealing with harder stuff even without the flower boost.

Old units aren't the only bad units---and they shouldn't be, unless a game is deliberately planning to go under in a short time. (Which is a legitimate gacha strategy, but it's the strategy that ends the game, so it should be used last.)

If you make bad units not worth running (without tons of merges), then people will be forced to either: whale, not pull for units they like, not use units they like, or quit. More people will whale in the short run, but in the long run people will just stop playing a game that doesn't let them use the units they like.

The other alternative, making all new units optimal, is a really good way to lose players due to the fact that they realize all investment in the units they currently have is meaningless, since the game outright expects you to pull new units or get ran over.

It's fine to tap into the hard-core crowd that'll whale for min-maxing purposes, but pushing away the more casual crowd that's playing to use the units they like rather than the units that are good kind of ignores some of the biggest strengths of a gacha game. (The fact that people don't simply pull for performance. Good art\likable characterization can sell just as much as being overpowered in terms of gameplay.)

Balancing a game like this is actually harder than it looks without going the FGO 'all content is easy' route, which lets players focus on pulling units they like rather than pulling units they need to complete content. New units can't be too good relative to older units or people realize investing is pointless because you're better off using +0 new units than +5/+10 old ones. They can't be too bad, either, or else even players who genuinely like the new unit can't use them because content is hard enough that a +0 new unit isn't going to cut it.

Mind, I don't mind them making PvE harder, especially if the rewards would be cosmetic, but if their idea of 'hard' is AR level difficulty, except scaled to compensate for the fact that you get to retry in PvE then that'll be a clear sign for me to just uninstall and play FGO instead. (The game is already taking too much effort for me due to the existence of AR, and I'm one of the better players.)

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Are the old seasonal banners likely to get rerun again? I'm debating whether I should try to pull for valentine's Roy and Lilina, or if I should wait and see if they'll come back.

They are being rerun. They announced it last minute via Notifications and you can summon from Love Abounds now.

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Are the old seasonal banners likely to get rerun again? I'm debating whether I should try to pull for valentine's Roy and Lilina, or if I should wait and see if they'll come back.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

They are being rerun. They announced it last minute via Notifications and you can summon from Love Abounds now.

She probably means whether or not it'll be rerun again next year, in which case we don't know.  No precedent has been set for a seasonal banner being run for a third time.  We will probably find out what IS plans to do with them during the next spring seasonal. 

I hope IS does something involving lowering some special heroes' rarity to 4 star or lower. I want to +10 Summer Freddy and if he could become easier to get, I'd pull on that banner like crazy to get the remaining five I need! Also would give me a better chance to find one with +Spd.

EDIT: Maybe this is a good excuse to bring back those 4 star focus banners! One banner could have the previous two years' spring seasonals in a 4-5 star rarity focus while another introduces brand new spring heroes.

Edited by Anacybele

Ice Dragon suggested that they might have the old seasonal characters available at 4* on the seasonal banners for the current and previous year. I think that's pretty likely (probably with a 5* possibility as well) but we won't know until spring.

I'm sure they'll be available one way or another, but it might be more or less convenient. Regarding that scenario: 4* off focus is slightly less common than 5* focus, but maybe they'll share a color with other cool units from more recent banners you could go for at the same time. 

I'd certainly love a chance to simultaneously go for Xander/Olivia and Fae/Lissa, myself. (If they handle PA that way.)

I'm glad Tap Battle is giving Dueling Crests now, can always use more of those since I can't be assed to play AA once every day~

The other changes are interesting, but otherwise pretty meh~ I hope later down this line thing means some better rewards~

Honestly my main problem with Armor Ike is that for his kit to work he needed less Atk and more Res. He wants low enough Atk that his Radiant Aether hit is most of his damage so he can actually heal, but what usually happens is that he just chunks the guy attacking him the first hit so he heals for jack all.

It would've been completely non-nonsensical for Ike to have low Atk, though, so I'll just quietly wait for a -2 cd Slaying Weapon.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm glad Tap Battle is giving Dueling Crests now, can always use more of those since I can't be assed to play AA once every day~

The other changes are interesting, but otherwise pretty meh~ I hope later down this line thing means some better rewards~

Dueling crests. Just what we needed eh? 

Screw orbs, feathers, grails, dueling crests all the way! 

/s 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Ice Dragon suggested that they might have the old seasonal characters available at 4* on the seasonal banners for the current and previous year. I think that's pretty likely (probably with a 5* possibility as well) but we won't know until spring.

I'm sure they'll be available one way or another, but it might be more or less convenient. Regarding that scenario: 4* off focus is slightly less common than 5* focus, but maybe they'll share a color with other cool units from more recent banners you could go for at the same time. 

I'd certainly love a chance to simultaneously go for Xander/Olivia and Fae/Lissa, myself. (If they handle PA that way.)

I liked this idea. Seeing that how often we are getting special heroes banners, and with 2 legendary heroes on the same color on Legendary/Mythic Banner is now a thing, I am sure that special heroes that already appeared in legendary/Mythic Banner will never return in such banners.

And I don't see, for example, with the 2019 Spring Banner, we having a rerun of the 2018's banner and the 2017's banner at the same time. Imagine 6 Summer Banners on the same time!

If we get old special heroes on the 4 Stars pool for the new Special Heroes Banners, it would make me happy. IntSys could add those heroes on the Legendary banners too.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Maybe this is a good excuse to bring back those 4 star focus banners! One banner could have the previous two years' spring seasonals in a 4-5 star rarity focus while another introduces brand new spring heroes.

Oh yeah I forgot about those... they were pretty alright banners for getting all that sweet, sweet fodder.

I honestly hope that idea works somehow. Pretty much all but maybe two or three of the old seasonal units are, to put it in the kindest but bluntest way possible, absolutely not at all worthy of being 5* locked units, and those two or three require a pretty hefty amount of investment to make good... doesn't help that some of the Year 2 seasonals are starting to become underwhelming as well...

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I would be totally in for those banners. I am missing common skills like Wings of Mercy, Vantage, Desperation, DB3 to fodder.  At the moment I just cannot build new units which would have at least a standard set. I don't even have Ward Armor fodder. xD

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Oh yeah I forgot about those... they were pretty alright banners for getting all that sweet, sweet fodder.

I honestly hope that idea works somehow. Pretty much all but maybe two or three of the old seasonal units are, to put it in the kindest but bluntest way possible, absolutely not at all worthy of being 5* locked units, and those two or three require a pretty hefty amount of investment to make good... doesn't help that some of the Year 2 seasonals are starting to become underwhelming as well...

Yeah, I agree. I don't even think Summer Freddy should be 5 star anymore, as much as I love him. He doesn't have skills worth foddering (unless you don't like him, but want his universal debuffing skills on some other dagger unit or just like his seashell weapon) and his stats don't measure up now unless he's merged.

5 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I would be totally in for those banners. I am missing common skills like Wings of Mercy, Vantage, Desperation, DB3 to fodder.  At the moment I just cannot build new units which would have at least a standard set. I don't even have Ward Armor fodder. xD

Yeah, I'd like those banners back myself regardless for the same reason, fodder. :P Summer Freddy at 4 star would be a big bonus!

Kinda hate how it's taking so long to see the results of Find & Vote. I just want to know the winners for closure and to see if I should try for banners ending before the Find & Vote banner :/

That's probably why they're delaying the winners so I waste orbs on banners beforehand out of impatience

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Kinda hate how it's taking so long to see the results of Find & Vote. I just want to know the winners for closure and to see if I should try for banners ending before the Find & Vote banner :/

That's probably why they're delaying the winners so I waste orbs on banners beforehand out of impatience

Yeah, it's really irritating. I keep checking for a news update at 10 each night but there keeps being nothing.

They have surely tallied all the totals and know the winners.  The reason they are holding back is cause the final four we chose were so stupendous and incredible that if they revealed it now almost everyone would save all their orbs for that banner.  Or at least I'm hoping.  

I wonder what the chances of Zelgius appearing on a Skills banner are... another Stance banner? Units with Unique Skills? Unique Specials? Distant Counter weapons?

Cause there's no chance in hell that Zelgius, the one unit I'm missing from the normal summoning pool, is gonna be the top Red from this thing. Not when [insert literally any Red unit post-Zelgius] exists...

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder what the chances of Zelgius appearing on a Skills banner are... another Stance banner? Units with Unique Skills? Unique Specials? Distant Counter weapons?

Cause there's no chance in hell that Zelgius, the one unit I'm missing from the normal summoning pool, is gonna be the top Red from this thing. Not when [insert literally any Red unit post-Zelgius] exists...

They’ll just make a Panic Ploy banner once they add a third summonable hero who has it hope you love the Luke though.

Or, you could try to be me and just have him randomly fall into your lap from a banner that he isn’t even on.