Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, but I don't use 4 star units. Only 5 star. They give me better scores, generally.

Only units on Team 1 affect the score of your enemies, so you can run an armor team for Team 1 but have Teams 2-7 be all low scoring units.

So if Team 1 gets you enemies in the range of 720-730, Teams 2-7 will also face enemies in the range of 720-730 no matter what units you put in them.

Also, I can't stand Peri.

It does not have to be Peri, and you will only have to use her like once a week if you really do not like her.

Why can't I just use Falchions? I've got several of them. And Deirdre and Yukata Elincia.

You definitely should use them if you have them, but if you run out, you will probably need to build more, especially blue units since there are no blue dragon effective Weapons outside of Divine Mist from LD!Tiki and blue daggers running Cloud Maiougi or Splashy Bucket.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

(Do we not have a thread for Grand Conquests?)

Nothing kills trying to autobattle in Grand Conquests like a Surtr on a Fort Tile.  I heard they removed him from Training Tower, but it's GC where he's the most annoying.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

(Do we not have a thread for Grand Conquests?)

Nothing kills trying to autobattle in Grand Conquests like a Surtr on a Fort Tile.  I heard they removed him from Training Tower, but it's GC where he's the most annoying.

He was removed in Tempest Trials and Forging Bonds as well. GC is PVP content so he can't be removed as he's a summonable unit that all players can summon. 

Which team are you in? I'm on Team Soren. I'm number 2 on his team in my realm. 

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

He was removed in Tempest Trials and Forging Bonds as well. GC is PVP content so he can't be removed as he's a summonable unit that all players can summon. 

Which team are you in? I'm on Team Soren. I'm number 2 on his team in my realm. 

I'm on Team Titania, currently rank 39, but I haven't used any Crests yet.  I'm not a fan of Armor round, so I want to save most of them for Cav or Flier round.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm on Team Titania, currently rank 39, but I haven't used any Crests yet.

When it's time for RD, who do you think will be the three characters? 

I'm guessing Micaiah is a guarantee but the other two depends on what theme they are going for. If they are going for beorc rulers, they can have Elincia and Sanaki along with Micaiah. If they are going for tacticians, they can have Soren, Micaiah and Zelgius. If they are going for protagonists, then Ike, Elincia and Micaiah. 

I think they should go for the three beorc rulers because there won't be any repeats. Also, for the Sacred Stones GC, Innes, Ephraim and Lyon all represented their own country so they'll probably go for that theme in RD. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

When it's time for RD, who do you think will be the three characters?

Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki would be logical choices.

They could also do Tibarn, Naesala, and Nailah or one of the other Laguz kings, if they get added before then.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They could also do Tibarn, Naesala, and Nailah or one of the other Laguz kings, if they get added before then.

As a Tellius fan, are you having difficulty choosing who to spend lances on? I just dumped them all on Soren. 

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

"Queens of Tellius" They can call it. I like how at the end of RD, although all Laguz realms are ruled by males, all Beorc ones are ruled by women, each of whom has in some way earned the right to rule through at least a little development.

And random thought, since they made the Solar and Lunar Braces into skills, why not have BravEliwood get Heaven Seal? The objects are acknowledged in-game as having great power and Eliwood uses one to promote. Plus Lyn and Hector have already received alts which would've been worthy of such a named skill, but never got it.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

As a Tellius fan, are you having difficulty choosing who to spend lances on? I just dumped them all on Soren. 

I like all the characters this GC, but even if I had a preference, it's impossible to know which teams I'll be on the next two rounds.  I've had times where I'm on the same team every round, and some times where I'm on a different team each round.  Although, as the resident Titania fan of Serenes Forest, it's funny that that's the team I've wound up on.

Personally I haven't been having Surtr problems in GC, but the fact that the hardest difficulty just stacks a set amount of extra stats on people rather than scaling for the amount of flowers & merges they already have means that it's really hit or miss in terms of how well auto-battle performs, even beyond the whole unit-selection thing.

From what I've observed it seems like it's possible to design bridgades that can consistently rush down 2 camps (that is, 2 forts that aren't the main fort) on auto-battle, but there's no way I'm going through all that effort for, like, a 10% score increase when I'm already averaging something like 11k score for 8 lances on auto-battle.

Edit: Also, minor rant on flowers. Holy hell they fucked that resource up. It went from a slowly accuring resource that slowly increased the stats of your favorite\most important characters to something that punished you for not sticking to a few units, since you can be pretty sure you're not going to meet un-flowered units in PvP whereas a lot of modes will need you to use un-flowered units at some time or another.

I assumed it was player side only because that way actually made sense.

Were people complaining AR was too easy or something?

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Queens of Tellius" They can call it. I like how at the end of RD, although all Laguz realms are ruled by males, all Beorc ones are ruled by women, each of whom has in some way earned the right to rule through at least a little development.

Although really, they should move Micaiah down to rightful Begnion ruler and grant Soren his birthright as king of Daein.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Although really, they should move Micaiah down to rightful Begnion ruler and grant Soren his birthright as king of Daein.

To be fair, Sanaki is pretty competent as a ruler, IRRC, and it's not like 2nd in line is all that far away in terms of claim strength. And honestly I'd much rather have her than Micaiah considering the fact that she seems far more level headed, which is kind of important in a ruler.

And I imagine Soren would just give Daein the middle finger and stay with the Greil Mercs (well, with Ike). It's not like he gives a shit about that country. Edit: I imagine he'd do a better job than Micaiah, though. Again, level-headed.

Edit: Also, Nailah is the queen of Hatari, IRRC she didn't give up her job or anything?

Edited by DehNutCase

Would Soren want it though? Would Daeinians want him though? The antisocial shadow of Ike, cold and probably through his genius mind he would be a glorious king in making and administering policy. Yet no charisma nor popular support are significant blows. And if Soren doesn't want the kingship no matter what, well what is Daein going to do? Do you want a king that hates their job?

In the meanwhile, Begnion might be thrown for a tizzy if it was revealed their Apostle was fake and this Daein girl they don't know suddenly took the title. Not to mention Micaiah has no bond with the people of Begnion. In the meanwhile, Daein loves Micaiah and she loves it.

Although you just might want Sanaki gone, since this Soren-Micaiah shift would demote her out of the top leadership, and I know you dislike her. Okay then. But you don't have to add Soren to do this, just have Micaiah rule in a personal union both Begnion and Daein- they used to be one country after all.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would Soren want it though? Would Daeinians want him though? The antisocial shadow of Ike, cold and probably through his genius mind he would be a glorious king in making and administering policy. Yet no charisma nor popular support are significant blows. And if Soren doesn't want the kingship no matter what, well what is Daein going to do? Do you want a king that hates their job?

In the meanwhile, Begnion might be thrown for a tizzy if it was revealed their Apostle was fake and this Daein girl they don't know suddenly took the title. Not to mention Micaiah has no bond with the people of Begnion. In the meanwhile, Daein loves Micaiah and she loves it.

Although you just might want Sanaki gone, since this Soren-Micaiah shift would demote her out of the top leadership, and I know you dislike her. Okay then. But you don't have to add Soren to do this, just have Micaiah rule in a personal union both Begnion and Daein- they used to be one country after all.

The important people already know Sanaki isn't the Apostle. (All of the Senate + during the story everyone strong enough not to be Stoned learned it as well.)

And, mind, it's pretty simple to pretend to be a nice person. You can practice being charming. (I don't see Soren giving enough shits about Daein to do that, though.)

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Also, Nailah is the queen of Hatari, IRRC she didn't give up her job or anything?

She still has her title, I believe, but her kingdom is so far to the east, across a desert, that it's barely even a part of Tellius.

She still has her title, I believe, but her kingdom is so far to the east, across a desert, that it's barely even a part of Tellius.

She plans to move said people across the desert in her ending. But where they go and whether they integrate into Gallia or are granted a cession of land to call their own country is unknown. Either way, Nailah through experience with Tellius probably maintains her title as their leader, if not an independent queen.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The important people already know Sanaki isn't the Apostle. (All of the Senate + during the story pretty everyone strong enough not to be Stoned learned it as well.)

Fair enough. Though the masses still don't know nor understand and Sanaki probably wouldn't want to rock the boat with them. A gradual weaning off the Apostle title and emphasis on Empress seems like the likely course she chose.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I don't see Soren giving enough shits about Daein to do that, though.

I'm pretty sure Aimee already tested his limits of niceness. I wonder how much he wanted to vomit when charming her in RD for that Silver Card.

21 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

To be fair, Sanaki is pretty competent as a ruler, IRRC, and it's not like 2nd in line is all that far away in terms of claim strength. And honestly I'd much rather have her than Micaiah considering the fact that she seems far more level headed, which is kind of important in a ruler.

And I imagine Soren would just give Daein the middle finger and stay with the Greil Mercs (well, with Ike). It's not like he gives a shit about that country. Edit: I imagine he'd do a better job than Micaiah, though. Again, level-headed.

Based on what is Micaiah not level-headed? 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Based on what is Micaiah not level-headed? 

Mostly the whole 'I'm fine with getting a bunch of mooks killed, but Sothe, oh no' kind of thing during the mountain pass ambush* where Tibarn threatened to drop Sothe off a cliff. She was fine with her entire army getting annihilated (she was going to keep fighting despite the fact that Ike's team was about to ruin her army) but one person close to her was out of limits.

*Where she was pouring oil on people to ignite them and the Pegasus knights were planning a meat-shield thing to get Sanaki away

I could be remembering wrong, though.

I'm fine with people being like that---it's generally preferred when you're not a ruler of a country, actually---but it's a bad trait in a general or monarch.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mostly the whole 'I'm fine with getting a bunch of mooks killed, but Sothe, oh no' kind of thing during the mountain pass ambush* where Tibarn threatened to drop Sothe off a cliff. She was fine with her entire army getting annihilated (she was going to keep fighting despite the fact that Ike's team was about to ruin her army) but one person close to her was out of limits.

*Where she was pouring oil on people to ignite them and the Pegasus knights were planning a meat-shield thing to get Sanaki away

I could be remembering wrong, though.

I'm fine with people being like that---it's generally preferred when you're not a ruler of a country, actually---but it's a bad trait in a general or monarch.

That doesn't make her less level-headed than Sanaki or Soren though. That proves Tauroneo is more level-headed than her. Soren would be a lot worse if Ike was in danger. 

Edited by Icelerate

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

That doesn't make her less level-headed than Sanaki or Soren though. That proves Tauroneo is more level-headed than her. Soren would be a lot worse if Ike was in danger. 

My issue wasn't the part where she valued Sothe, that part was completely fine, even in a monarch.

It's the part where if Sothe hadn't been involved whatsoever she would've allowed her army to get wrecked because she didn't want to call the retreat since that would mean 'losing.'

Edit: Like, Ike was on that hill, they were about to get completely destroyed.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait? They revealed them? Where is the topic?

I don't think anyone posted it, but it's all the Fates beasts and Panne as the GHB.

Also WHAT THE FUCK IS SELKIE'S VOICE EVEN IT'S SO ANNOYING

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait? They revealed them? Where is the topic?

It's in the ingame notification board. No one's made a thread yet though.

I think this is actually the first banner since we had the Tellius beasts.  I expected them to follow shortly after, but it feels like it's been eons since the Tellius one, since we had two seasonals since then.

I'm not sure who the obvious demote is here.  Only Selkie has 5 skills this time, and I doubt they're nice enough to start demoting more than one per banner.