Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Not for her support at least, or are Ally supports calculated on your def team?

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She'll get the effect herself, but her support partner won't because supports aren't taken into account on enemy units.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about that.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I encountered a group of chosen ones. Fourteen of them in fact.

Spoiler

Eleven chosen ones combined.

0xGomTt.jpg

And three separate ones all running Miracle.

AFsb9Rs.jpg

H1I6alY.jpg

4ob8C5G.jpg

No, I did not send them a friend request and I did not win. I didn't even fight them since I was trying to burn some dueling crests. I hope one day I can be as chosen as this chosen one. (Ten or more copies of Ophelia when, game?)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The use of Death Blow 4 disappoints me greatly. I am disappoint.

I'm guessing they were using it for scoring since Life & Death 4 isn't a thing yet. Or that they don't know AoE specials don't factor in skills like Death Blow because they're in combat boosts while AoE specials are calculated out of combat.

Now that I think about it, what would a personal AoE special even be like?

52 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm guessing they were using it for scoring since Life & Death 4 isn't a thing yet.

The argument for scoring breaks down with Draw Back as her Assist.

Someone simply hasn't done the math.

Interesting result of the new banner:

At the time CYL2's results went up, 18 characters from its top 60 spots were missing from Heroes: Veronica (4), Loki (10), Leif (20), Selkie (21), Morgan F (22), Owain (26), Laevatein (29), Kliff (33), Keaton (34), Aversa (41), Ishtar (43), Panne (44), Kaden (46), Maribelle (51), Sumia (53), Velouria (54), Tibarn (58), and Kaze (59).

As of this banner, all 18 of those characters are now in Heroes. This is not a coincidence. Some of them were added too soon to be a response to CYL2 (Leif, Morgan, Ishtar, Maribelle, Sumia, and Kaze), but those were already high-profile omissions that I'm sure IS had expected to score well.

At the time CYL3's results went up, 14 characters from its top 60 spots were missing from Heroes: Awakening Anna (5), Bruno (14), Lif (16), Selkie (22), Louise (23), Ranulf (26), Thrasir (35), Haar (37), Jill (52), Panne (54), Velouria (55), Rinea (56), Severa (58), and Lethe (60).

As of this banner, 3 of those characters are now in Heroes, leaving 11 remaining. I think all of them will be added in some form by around this time next year. Which seems easy enough: Lif and Thrasir should both be set for an OC banner around the end of Book 3, while the next Brave Redux should take another big chunk out of the list. Throw in a Tellius banner and there might not be much left.

Bruno is a special case, of course, but we could get some sort of alt Bruno on the next Brave Redux similarly to the alt Veronica on CYL2, or a seasonal version. Severa might also be a seasonal candidate: like Inigo, her "normal" form is pretty similar to her Awakening version, more so than Owain. Rinea is a bit complicated but I'm sure they can come up with something.

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Now that I think about it, what would a personal AoE special even be like?

Some ideas.

-*2 times damage instead of 1.5

-*1.5 damage but a faster charge

-*1 damage but a much larger area of effect (one of my suggestions for Duma back in the day was to make Megaquake his special and have it affect the entire stage)

-*1.5 damage but with effective damage (on a non breath unit).

-Very small range (maybe even 1 square making it not quite an AoE) and *1 damage but it can kill your foe (maybe a way to implement lethality).

-Same range same damage as current Area of Effects but also inflicts stat debuffs (and considering you enter battle immediately afterwards, that could be really useful when paired with something like Blizzard).

-Damage enemies in the  target area while simultaneously healing allies in the same area (almost like you're sucking the life out of them).

As for what units could have an AoE special, I think Sendscale and it's three range as well as it being a giant laser sword would be a good enough justification for it to be an AoE Special on an Alm alt. Ashera or Dhegensea could get one either if they don't represent their area of effect attacks on their weapons. The lethality suggestion could work on Volke or an Assassin that's not already in the game. While the adaptive damage one could work for a Gaiden priestess (because Gaiden mages have longer range than normal and can attack physically) though I don't know if there's any candidates yet without resorting to alts. One of the Cipher characters was a priestess though, not sure if that's indicative of her main role in cipher (I suspect she was just made a priestess because Mercenary is a male exclusive class in Gaiden). A mage knight that comes with Bolting or Meteor could also work for this one.

Edited by Jotari

20 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Their choices for GHB haven't made sense in a while. Male Kana was also GHB fsr.

In his recruitment map in Fates, he goes berserk (albeit doesn't become an enemy unit), so I don't think it's as random as it seems.

I merged my original +HP Cecilia into a +Atk one and learned that Summoner Support carries over when merging. Skill sets do, too.

Also gave her a couple of Dragonflower levels, for good measure.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Some ideas.

-*2 times damage instead of 1.5

-*1.5 damage but a faster charge

-*1 damage but a much larger area of effect (one of my suggestions for Duma back in the day was to make Megaquake his special and have it affect the entire stage)

-*1.5 damage but with effective damage (on a non breath unit).

-Very small range (maybe even 1 square making it not quite an AoE) and *1 damage but it can kill your foe (maybe a way to implement lethality).

-Same range same damage as current Area of Effects but also inflicts stat debuffs (and considering you enter battle immediately afterwards, that could be really useful when paired with something like Blizzard).

-Damage enemies in the  target area while simultaneously healing allies in the same area (almost like you're sucking the life out of them).

As for what units could have an AoE special, I think Sendscale and it's three range as well as it being a giant laser sword would be a good enough justification for it to be an AoE Special on an Alm alt. Ashera or Dhegensea could get one either if they don't represent their area of effect attacks on their weapons. The lethality suggestion could work on Volke or an Assassin that's not already in the game. While the adaptive damage one could work for a Gaiden priestess (because Gaiden mages have longer range than normal and can attack physically) though I don't know if there's any candidates yet without resorting to alts. One of the Cipher characters was a priestess though, not sure if that's indicative of her main role in cipher (I suspect she was just made a priestess because Mercenary is a male exclusive class in Gaiden). A mage knight that comes with Bolting or Meteor could also work for this one.

@Kaden heres the thing with special skill

With the exception of Ice Mirror, they, so far is always (Expected damage -1 CD). Regnal Astra? literally Bonfire -1 CD. Black Luna? Literally Ignis -1 CD

Fire Emblem is the only deviation so far, where its a Moonbow that gives teamwide spectrum bond, but Fire Emblem isn't exactly outside the power level of its CD(2 CD is as strong as moonbow so the idea is you get special effect with same CD prf special)

if the pattern holds AOE special will only be 3CD power, 3CD wide, or 4 CD wide with the power of power type

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese description is only 171 characters. Eat that, English.

Having less characters for everything really helps xDU

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Mind that staff is a legitimately broken archetype in AR, and the two staves she's recommending are exactly the ones that matter.

And because of the way they're broken (as long as you have a single wall breaker everything on the enemy team dies without being able to do anything), 2* Olivia is about as good as Legendary Azura.

Edit: Feels weird that she's recommending this from a defense team perspective, though. Since you do need a fair bit of good positioning over multiple turns to truly leverage how absurd they are.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

And because of the way they're broken (as long as you have a single wall breaker everything on the enemy team dies without being able to do anything), 2* Olivia is about as good as Legendary Azura.

But Olivia does not increase a unit's mobility like VS!Azura can though. VS!Azura can turn infantry and fliers into ponies with 3 move.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

But Olivia does not increase a unit's mobility like VS!Azura can though. VS!Azura can turn infantry and fliers into ponies with 3 move.

If you're using horse staves it doesn't matter, and flying staves are expensive---and Loki is better if you're going for 5* exclusive staves.

Azura doesn't actually get to the staves any better than a infantry dancer, unless terrain is a problem, and the Herons are better for raw mobility anyway.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Which language has more strokes though?

Since keystrokes are all that really matter these days, Japanese still wins by having on average fewer than 2 keystrokes per character and fewer than 1/2 the number of characters.

Not to mention it's hard to count strokes on hiragana characters (which are effectively speaking cursive in nature) and Latin characters (which don't have actual rules for where one stroke ends and another begins).

I forgot that Selkie is constantly on a sugar rush. Her new voice makes it even more sugar rushy. Panne's poke lines...

Spoiler

... make it sound like she's post-Awakening Panne since she doesn't seem so grumpy and she seems more sociable with other people. Also, apparently she likes carrots. Oh, and "Orders!?" might be the new "The enemy!"

Edited by Kaden

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you're using horse staves it doesn't matter, and flying staves are expensive---and Loki is better if you're going for 5* exclusive staves.

Azura doesn't actually get to the staves any better than a infantry dancer, unless terrain is a problem, and the Herons are better for raw mobility anyway.

Staff infantry are less affected by forests and staff fliers ignore most terrain. Herons also do not get that mobility boost unless they are not adjacent to their staff allies, and if they are not adjacent, they have the same reach to their allies as VS!Azura since they are spending that extra movement to compensate for being further away.

If a player can afford VS!Azura, they can afford staff fliers too.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Staff infantry are less affected by forests and staff fliers ignore most terrain. Herons also do not get that mobility boost unless they are not adjacent to their staff allies, and if they are not adjacent, they have the same reach to their allies as VS!Azura since they are spending that extra movement to compensate for being further away.

If a player can afford VS!Azura, they can afford staff fliers too.

I didn't assume they can afford Legendary Azura, though. I said Olivia was about as good, not better, which means you still run Legendary Azura if you have her since she's comparable or better in all situations. Olivia was simply comparable in this one specific case so her low cost actually mattered.

Also, having to stand a square away from allies at the start of turn isn't the same thing as being a square farther from allies after their unit-turn ends. Sometimes it actually means you're a square closer. (If you place the two units in a diagonal at the start of turn, for example.)