• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

48 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Or, just add five evenly distributed points like we can get from dragon flowers?

That's actually harder than just adding 5 points total to stats that make sense due to the way that growth rates work in this game.

Evenly distributing 5 points involves increasing the level-1 stats of 3 stats by 1 point each and decreasing the level-1 stats of the remaining 2 stats by 1 point each and increasing both of their growths by 5%.

51 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Then you wouldn't have to invest an insane amount of dragon flowers to get infanty units to where IS obviously thinks that should be anyway...

It costs 600 flowers to +5 any unit that isn't Gen 1 or Gen 2 infantry.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 infantry cost only 160 flowers to reach +5 to catch up to Gen 3 infantry, which is hardly an "insane amount". They cost the same 600 flowers as any other class to get the "real" +5 on top.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's actually harder than just adding 5 points total to stats that make sense due to the way that growth rates work in this game.

Evenly distributing 5 points involves increasing the level-1 stats of 3 stats by 1 point each and decreasing the level-1 stats of the remaining 2 stats by 1 point each and increasing both of their growths by 5%.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 infantry cost only 160 flowers to reach +5 to catch up to Gen 3 infantry, which is hardly an "insane amount". They cost the same 600 flowers as any other class to get the "real" +5 on top.

The growth rates, that's...  odd.  I guess its a holdover from the games where between levels mattered, but since you're meant to get a character to level 40 quickly, growth rates seem a little like an artifact that shouldn't affect things.  But I guess that makes sense.

As for flowers, I guess it's not as bad as I thought...  still, with flowers being a gated resource, it would take quite a while for me to get Nailah, L!Ike, B!Ike, Soren, Micaiah, and H!Micaiah to what the Gen 3 infantry start as, and those are just the infantry units I care the most about.  I still wish there were another solution, but I guess we could wish that for most units that saw a stat increase later on.

8 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I guess its a holdover from the games where between levels mattered, but since you're meant to get a character to level 40 quickly, growth rates seem a little like an artifact that shouldn't affect things.

The early days of Heroes also made it somewhat difficult to reach level 40 quickly since we didn't have as many conveniences as we do now, so it actually did matter back then.

It matters less now from the players' perspective, but their existence is still a major convenience for the actual implementation of a character (since it means developers don't have to manually set in-between stats and Asset and Flaw stats by hand and can simply let the game engine handle it).

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, upgrading an infantry unit from +5 to +10 costs 700 flowers. Total of 860 to get to +10.

The costs for each individual upgrade are:

• +1/1/6: 10/40/80
  • +2/2/7: 20/80/110
  • +3/3/8: 30/120/140
  • +4/4/9: 40/160/170
  • +5/5/10: 60/200/200

Comparing the upgrades past +5 on infantry to the corresponding upgrades on other unit types, infantry has an extra cost starting at 40 and going down by 10 each time, ending up at 0. So the extra costs total 100.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, upgrading an infantry unit from +5 to +10 costs 700 flowers. Total of 860 to get to +10.

Proof by example that people with mathematics degrees cannot do arithmetic without a calculator.

The latest CC was annoying, 10 rounds of super buffed beasts took me a couple of hours to get down just right.  I did clear it though, so I have them all done again.  Now to take my time and slowly finish FB.

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I can't wait till this year's spring banner drops to see what they're going to do with 3 spring banners.

My guess is that the Spring 2017 banner will not make an appearance this year. So...if you want stuff like Spring Camilla, you will have to wait until she pops up again in a Legendary/Mythic banner. 

17 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

My guess is that the Spring 2017 banner will not make an appearance this year. So...if you want stuff like Spring Camilla, you will have to wait until she pops up again in a Legendary/Mythic banner. 

Tbh, if they think that they’re not interesting enough to re-run their banner, they’ll be even less interesting for IS to be placed in a Legendary/Mythic banner. 

So, if the banner doesn’t get a re-run this year:

- They’ll be implemented in any other way.

- Or as they have been saying since the first Special Heroes Focus, this heroes may not return.

11 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Tbh, if they think that they’re not interesting enough to re-run their banner, they’ll be even less interesting for IS to be placed in a Legendary/Mythic banner. 

So, if the banner doesn’t get a re-run this year:

- They’ll be implemented in any other way.

- Or as they have been saying since the first Special Heroes Focus, this heroes may not return.

They did the banner re-run last year already and one of the 2 Anniversary banners had them and they can pop up in the monthly Legendary/Mythic banners so there’s no real need of a re-run of a re-run. Imagine the great banner madness in summer...

They’re “limited units” for a reason. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

45 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

We cannot confirm it either way though and there is not really anything concrete that suggest either decision. It can be just as easily argued that since the precedent was that they had a rerun during the second year, it is likely that they may rerun again during this third year.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

We cannot confirm it either way though and there is not really anything concrete that suggest either decision. It can be just as easily argued that since the precedent was that they had a rerun during the second year, it is likely that they may rerun again during this third year.

I wasn’t “confirming” anything of the sort. That “precedent” is kinda weak since said re-runs (of seasonal units) are done just once in standard gacha procedure. Could they go and actually include the banner? It’s a possibility but I just don’t see it happening. There’s no real need for it since monthly Legendary/Mythic banners are a thing and the developers can just throw some old seasonal units there. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I wasn’t “confirming” anything of the sort. That “precedent” is kinda weak since said re-runs (of seasonal units) are done just once in standard gacha procedure. Could they go and actually include the banner? It’s a possibility but I just don’t see it happening. There’s no real need for it since monthly Legendary/Mythic banners are a thing and the developers can just throw some old seasonal units there. 

I think rerunning them makes more sense from a financial stand point since I assume Special Heroes Foci make more money than other Foci, and having a large number of Foci running at the same time means there are more characters that can each entice a different group of player.

I think it was either October or November last year that their revenue dropped significantly, and I think that is primarily due to a small number of Foci running at that time, although some players also argued that the revenue decline was due to Adrift Focus being an alt only Focus.

@Ice Dragon pitched an interesting idea about having seasonal units from 2+ years ago appear in the 4* pool of that type of seasonal banner, which would give them a slightly lower appearance rate than the focus units. So the spring 3 banner and spring 2 rerun banner would have Spring Chrom/Lucina/Xander/Camilla available in the 4* pool. Those all seem plenty tame at this point: it could be hard to get people to pull them from the spring 1 banner with all the other options.

I think it'd make a lot of sense, although personally I think precedent suggests they'd most likely also show up (rarely) in the off-focus 5* pool as well. Which isn't really a significant difference. I also think the anniversary free seasonal giveaway fits well with this, with offering non-focus ways to get old seasonal units.

It could get a bit weird to have units like the mage armors and Valentine's Hector showing up at 4*, as well as year 2 seasonal units once they get that far, but they'd still be limited-availability units incentivizing seasonal banners. The regular 4* pool has gotten pretty interesting too with units like Reyson, probably even more so after the current beast banner ends. And if they ever demote a bunch of old 5* units, that could get even more true. (Something like "all the pre-CYL1 ones" would include original Hector and Amelia, which I was skeptical of at first, but might be reasonable.)

We'll have to see, but I'm very curious. If it's true, we'll find out in about a month.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I'm sure someone mentioned this already but I'm joked out at Selkie butchering Alfonse's name~

To be fair, Alfonse sounds like the joke name to me. Alfonso is fine, better than Alphonso, but Alphonse is the more suitable variant ending in "e" for royalty. The "f" looks crude. Admittedly, this is very likely because the first Al-onse I encountered in gaming was Arc Rise Fantasia's Prince Alphonse Zona Meridia.

17 hours ago, Othin said:

Some speculation about upcoming banners if we don't get anything else weird in the way:

• Early March: Binding Blade banner (Ch5)
  • Late March: Spring banner
  • Early April: Path of Radiance banner (Ch6)
  • Late April: Awakening banner (Ch7)
  • Early May: Fates banner (Ch8)
  • Late May: Wedding banner
  • Early June: Blazing Sword banner (Ch9)
  • Late June: Summer banner
  • Early July: Summer banner
  • Late July: Genealogy banner (Ch10)
  • Early August: Three Houses banner (Ch11)
  • Late August: CYL3 banner
  • Early September: Dancer banner
  • Late September: Three Houses banner (Ch12)
  • Early October: Halloween banner
  • Late October: Three Houses banner (Ch13)
  • Early November: Book 3 OCs banner
  • Late November: Brave Redux banner
  • Early December: Book 3 OCs banner
  • Mid December: Christmas banner
  • Late December: New Year's banner
  • Early January: Start of Book 4

You do know Fates will be breaking 70% inclusion with another New Heroes not like Adrift, right? And they've now gotten their beasties in in the current banner, why can't that count for more months than you're showing. FEH could lay off on them for a while longer, I'd move the next Fates banner until the end of the year. Awakening in the short-mid terms is more reasonable to me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, Alfonse sounds like the joke name to me. Alfonso is fine, better than Alphonso, but Alphonse is the more suitable variant ending in "e" for royalty. The "f" looks crude. Admittedly, this is very likely because the first Al-onse I encountered in gaming was Arc Rise Fantasia's Prince Alphonse Zona Meridia.

You do know Fates will be breaking 70% inclusion with another New Heroes not like Adrift, right? And they've now gotten their beasties in in the current banner, why can't that count for more months than you're showing. FEH could lay off on them for a while longer, I'd move the next Fates banner (I'm leaning toward Gen 2-oriented) until the end of the year. Awakening in the short-mid terms is more reasonable to me.

I would have been tempted to leave it off if not for the "crazy Azura" mention. Which could also be a Fallen Heroes 2 banner or mythic hero something, I dunno. A Fates banner with mostly new units would still be better than either of those in my book, though.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I would have been tempted to leave it off if not for the "crazy Azura" mention. Which could also be a Fallen Heroes 2 banner or mythic hero something, I dunno. A Fates banner with mostly new units would still be better than either of those in my book, though.

I forgot the "crazy Azura" thing. Although I'd hope "crazy" wasn't being used in the context of "~Look at her smile and look at her axe, look at the blood glistening like wax!~" And that instead, "crazy" just meant Spring Songstress: Azura with her using her voice and a songbook to command legions of baby chicks (rabbits are overrated, and we need be some peeps) to stampede the enemy. Just a wacky Seasonal is our best hope.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I forgot the "crazy Azura" thing. Although I'd hope "crazy" wasn't being used in the context of "~Look at her smile and look at her axe, look at the blood glistening like wax!~" And that instead, "crazy" just meant Spring Songstress: Azura with her using her voice and a songbook to command legions of baby chicks (rabbits are overrated, and we need be some peeps) to stampede the enemy. Just a wacky Seasonal is our best hope.

That'd certainly be preferable.

Eir is a "normal" human and is still a mythic hero.

What other human characters in the FE series do you think have a shot at being a Mythic hero? It certainly seems a more impressive title than legendary so my guess would be Anri or Altina but I don't really know any other humans aside from maybe one of the hero's from the Elibe game? I haven't played FE6 so I don't know enough about that one.

16 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I thought she is not human. She is a daughter of Hel, so she has ichor flowing through her veins.

13 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Being the daughter of a god is normal?

If we go by the book using the Japanese name, the only "normal" people that qualify are those who are possessed by gods at some point, like Micaiah and Levn. If we relax the restrictions, I'd also add the in-world legendary heroes, like Anri, as well as other characters associated with the gods, like Lehran.