Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I have a +HP -Atk Innes that could benefit from this set-up. Of course, he would have to have Windsweep + his unique Nidhogg Refine, but he should be good, especially w/ Spd Ploy.

Double sweep sounds very good, I still have to give Innes his refine (VG may be a good occasion). If you run him in arena without merges, your score will suffer a lot though (@Javi Blizz runs a +10 Niles with C Duel Infantry for comparison). 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Double sweep sounds very good, I still have to give Innes his refine (VG may be a good occasion). If you run him in arena without merges, your score will suffer a lot though (@Javi Blizz runs a +10 Niles with C Duel Infantry for comparison). 

Yeah, Innes might just be Arena Assualt for me. I have yet to receive a Loki.

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Watersweep + Savage Blow + Poison strike does enough damage. Low ATK has the advantage to lower the risk of accidentally killing something with him. 

If you go Firesweep+ you could do even double poison (or savage). 

Other Debuff bows would be Kabura Ya+ (Chill SPD), Monstrous Bow+ (Panic on target and his allies) and Clarisse's Bow+ (debuffs ATK SPD on target and his allies). 

The problem with watersweep is that it would only apply to dragons and not regular armors, so I’m not too convinced. 

Firesweep+ would lower his score, so I’m not sure if he would score more than M!Marth. However, if the maths approves and I get another Faye, could be an option. Being F2P, geting those bows (exluding Clarisse’s) is quite difficult (I still can’t believe I pulled a second Loki), so I probably will keep his bow

6 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

The problem with watersweep is that it would only apply to dragons and not regular armors, so I’m not too convinced. 

Yeah, you would have to decide which of those threats gives your bonus unit more trouble. 

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Firesweep+ would lower his score, so I’m not sure if he would score more than M!Marth. However, if the maths approves and I get another Faye, could be an option. Being F2P, geting those bows (exluding Clarisse’s) is quite difficult (I still can’t believe I pulled a second Loki), so I probably will keep his bow

You got 11 Bikes, one premium bow should be possible ;-) 

If I ever get a Loki, I'd build my Jeorge and sacrifice my only Faye gladly. 

Hmm. We've gotten a "Heroes with Distant Def" banner, but not "Heroes with Close Def" yet. If we get one later, it could be a good time to pick up Velouria later for anyone who misses her here, and at a better rate.

Currently, the normal summoning pool has four units with Close Def: Sigurd, Sumia, Brave Ephraim, and Velouria. (At least, once Velouria's banner finishes.) So if we do get such a banner, it'll probably have three of the four. Sigurd is by far the oldest, and he's been on three other "heroes with" banners already, so he seems like the most likely skip. Velouria seems like a pretty safe bet, especially if she doesn't get much in the way of other appearances in the meantime.

That helps settle my decision of whether or not to pull for Myrrh before Velouria. Might end up passing over Velouria entirely for now, since pulling colorless on a four-character banner is such a pain and I'd rather not do it if a better alternative is available.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why was Green Lyn chosen for this most wanted Hero thing. I thought people were of the opinion she sort of sucks.

I will just quote it from the main thread.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

This... actually explains a lot about the results such as...

Legend Lyn winning green category.

Legend Ike getting 7th place.

3-4* available Chrom and Robin getting into top 30.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why was Green Lyn chosen for this most wanted Hero thing. I thought people were of the opinion she sort of sucks.

Part of it is probably what XRay mentioned, but part of it is also likely because Lyn is still relatively popular (generally speaking that applies to all of the 'starting screen' units that placed high). 

Not everyone voted based on in-game viability or fodder skills.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

I will just quote it from the main thread.

That's hilarious. People are too lazy to go looking around for a character, yet just not lazy enough to actually play the game in the first place.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

IS

Lets give Eliwood a 10 MT 4 SPD

Also IS:

Lets give another unit 12/12 when they have some of the best statsline of their class

Why is Cellica so stupid

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

IS

Lets give Eliwood a 10 MT 4 SPD

Also IS:

Lets give another unit 12/12 when they have some of the best statsline of their class

Why is Cellica so stupid

In all fariness, her base statline is actually fairly poor among Red mages (32/33). It's only after the 5/5 from Ragnarok that she becomes competitive. She does shit on the Desp Red Mage category I guess but overall Lilina is still better if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

In all fariness, her base statline is actually fairly poor among Red mages (32/33). It's only after the 5/5 from Ragnarok that she becomes competitive. She does shit on the Desp Red Mage category I guess but overall Lilina is still better if you ask me.

Theyre about the same unless its AOELilina. AOE Lilina is genuinely stronk as hell, although Celica have comparable offense. Lilina both have low SPD(lessening her offensive peak), and only consistently procures 43 whereas Celica starts at 37 and become 44. Yeah Lilina can become 50 with her weapon base effect but eh

i was reffering to old age when Tharja is the strongest Red Magi and Cellica is close lol, but in that comparison Eliwood is something like a 31/30. Cellica basically got omega busted weapon with no downside while Eliwood got salvaged by how good all incarnation of Durandal have been

So I've made ...a couple of mistaken assumptions about Heroic Ordeals. I looked at the menu for the game mode, and not seeing a sort-by-levels function, assumed that everything would be level-scaled and standardised. Not so. So after taking the support partner (who is unqualified at killing stuff themselves) out and replacing them with an expert soloist, I wipe out the map only to discover the main unit needs to get the kills. Double whoops. I guess I'm not getting these Dragonflowers from my level 1 NY Hrid anytime soon then.

Seriously, if character level matters, then why the hell can't we sort by level? Utterly baffling.

15 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Theyre about the same unless its AOELilina. AOE Lilina is genuinely stronk as hell, although Celica have comparable offense. Lilina both have low SPD(lessening her offensive peak), and only consistently procures 43 whereas Celica starts at 37 and become 44. Yeah Lilina can become 50 with her weapon base effect but eh

i was reffering to old age when Tharja is the strongest Red Magi and Cellica is close lol, but in that comparison Eliwood is something like a 31/30. Cellica basically got omega busted weapon with no downside while Eliwood got salvaged by how good all incarnation of Durandal have been

AoE Lilina is a thing (though AoE Celica is actually fucking stupid in LHBs), as well as Spiral Glimmer Lilina, especially if she has some IP/QP support. Most importantly she reaches her peak without HP conditions, her B-slot is more flexible and her weapon itself provides some team support.

Celica has a much higher ceiling than Tharja, but Tharja has some team support. Celica builds are extremely selfish.

I guess they don't want cavs to be that good.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

AoE Lilina is a thing (though AoE Celica is actually fucking stupid in LHBs), as well as Spiral Glimmer Lilina, especially if she has some IP/QP support. Most importantly she reaches her peak without HP conditions, her B-slot is more flexible and her weapon itself provides some team support.

Celica has a much higher ceiling than Tharja, but Tharja has some team support. Celica builds are often extremely selfish.

I guess they don't want cavs to be that good.

In all honestly i kinda feel you'd normally won't unironically use "support" aspect of Tharja. Its quite literally "Bond close defense"

No seriously. It covers 2 panel, so the ONLY way you could ever take advantage of it is by putting her next to the unit in combat and it only affect 1 panel ahead. Its Bond Close Defense

Legendary Roy might have 40/35 offenses and probably has gen 3 infantry BST. Yeah...

Edit: Ignore this. Forgot about Bonus Doubler. He probably has 34/35 offenses.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

In all honestly i kinda feel you'd normally won't unironically use "support" aspect of Tharja. Its quite literally "Bond close defense"

No seriously. It covers 2 panel, so the ONLY way you could ever take advantage of it is by putting her next to the unit in combat and it only affect 1 panel ahead. Its Bond Close Defense

It's -4 Atk -4 Spd, so not really Close Def I guess.

It's not actually THAT restrictive in terms of positioning, though. The enemy just has to be within 2 tiles of Tharja, and the ally can be anywhere. Tharja can be north of the enemy and the ally can attack from the east and they would still get the debuff on the guy.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's -4 Atk -4 Spd, so not really Close Def I guess.

It's not actually THAT restrictive in terms of positioning, though. The enemy just has to be within 2 tiles of Tharja, and the ally can be anywhere. Tharja can be north of the enemy and the ally can attack from the east and they would still get the debuff on the guy.

Edit: im dumb

Yeah nothing wrong with it then. Pretty neat bonus since the real purpose of the refine is to give it Melee weapon tier basic refine to a ranged attacker(essentially 6 HP and 4 Speed is literally Basic Melee refine +1)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

35 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Tremble.

[Celica with only +7 Dragonflowers]

Nice!

Maybe someday I’ll pull a Greil and do the same (minus the Summoner Support). I dislike that I can’t Dragonflower mine past +5 without killing her one-round Desperation.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Celica has a much higher ceiling than Tharja, but Tharja has some team support. Celica builds are often extremely selfish.

Dragon Fang is the truth.

On the LHB note, I think there’s something to be said for a unit that can literally wander around the map nuking whatever, wherever, because her dancer entourage is a hop, skip, and a flap away at all times after 2 fights.

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Edit: im dumb

Yeah nothing wrong with it then. Pretty neat bonus since the real purpose of the refine is to give it Melee weapon tier basic refine to a ranged attacker(essentially 6 HP and 4 Speed is literally Basic Melee refine +1)

ur DUMB

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice!

Maybe someday I’ll pull a Greil and do the same (minus the Summoner Support). I dislike that I can’t Dragonflower mine past +5 without killing her one-round Desperation.

Dragon Fang is the truth.

On the LHB note, I think there’s something to be said for a unit that can literally wander around the map nuking whatever, wherever, because her dancer entourage is a hop, skip, and a flap away at all times after 2 fights.

+10 Dragonflowers aren't even possible right now, leave me alone

Right now my Celica still has one-round Desp with 13 chip, but if I get more merges then I'll lose that, yeah... Oh well. She has like infinite Atk anyway.

Astra Lilina :thinking:

Alongside 3 Mov from L!Azura that carries over upon additional dances. What a pair.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy