Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

+10 Dragonflowers aren't even possible right now, leave me alone

Right now my Celica still has one-round Desp with 13 chip, but if I get more merges then I'll lose that, yeah... Oh well. She has like infinite Atk anyway.

Astra Lilina :thinking:

Alongside 3 Mov from L!Azura. What a pair.

tbh I shouldn’t be talking because Caeda’s stuck at +4. I’m exactly 40 flowers off, which is kind of annoying. If only I’d cared enough about the hot spring Fliers to actually pull for one.

I don’t think she does lose the one-round Desperation, though? With 13 self-damage, she can have up to 52 HP and still be fine. She only gets up to 50 with +10 merges, +10 flowers, & Summoner Support. So unless you were going to give her a hot Squad Ace F...

I was actually talking about Celica in the LHB paragraph, because she puts herself in WoM range through the power of self-inflicted pain.

Now I wonder if I could do those LHB runs with Lilina. I have no Special Spiral fodder though. Which is the other cool thing about Celica, come to think of it. Give her Fury, Desperation, and a small collection of 4* Specials, and she’s good to go.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I sure hope I have good luck.

i pretty much gave up most of my merge project for 5* lol. Hardin banner never comes up, we all know how trainwreck Brave Roy attempt goes

....and somehow i have as much Sigurd merge as Hardin without even trying. Go figure

I sure hope I have good luck.

i pretty much gave up most of my merge project for 5* lol. Hardin banner never comes up, we all know how trainwreck Brave Roy attempt goes

....and somehow i have as much Sigurd merge as Hardin without even trying. Go figure

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

tbh I shouldn’t be talking because Caeda’s stuck at +4. I’m exactly 40 flowers off, which is kind of annoying. If only I’d cared enough about the hot spring Fliers to actually pull for one.

I don’t think she does lose the one-round Desperation, though? With 13 self-damage, she can have up to 52 HP and still be fine. She only gets up to 50 with +10 merges, +10 flowers, & Summoner Support. So unless you were going to give her a hot Squad Ace F...

I was actually talking about Celica in the LHB paragraph, because she puts herself in WoM range through the power of self-inflicted pain.

Now I wonder if I could do those LHB runs with Lilina. I have no Special Spiral fodder though. Which is the other cool thing about Celica, come to think of it. Give her Fury, Desperation, and a small collection of 4* Specials, and she’s good to go.

Use the money power

Oh, really. Guess that settles it, then. She's broken

Yeah, I got that, I just meant that if one of those 3 dancers was L!Azura, she gets even dumber. She can move 11 tiles in one turn, and the dancers can always keep up.

The best part for me is that she actually knows spells for all of the AoE elements in Echoes. It's accurate.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

What about L!Roy?

Maybe your love for Sigurd was stronger all this time.

Both of you Galeforce'd lol.

Use the money power

Yeah, I got that, I just meant that if one of those 3 dancers was L!Azura, she gets even dumber. She can move 11 tiles in one turn, and the dancers can always keep up.

The best part for me is that she actually knows spells for all of the AoE elements in Echoes. It's accurate.

What about L!Roy?

Maybe your love for Sigurd was stronger all this time.

1 copy and done. Much as i want to go further i still prefer trying for Hardin, and saving up for Brave Eliwood later down the line

Use the money power

Even if I were willing to, I can’t use the money power if there aren’t any Book 3 (?) Fliers in focuses (that I don’t have already).

Re. Azura: Oh, yeah. I think I did that for the Marth battle. It was really funny. I think I needed it on one of the LHBs in the last batch as well...Eirika, iirc. That map is evil.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Welcome to the club ;) .

12 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Even if I were willing to, I can’t use the money power if there aren’t any Book 3 (?) Fliers in focuses (that I don’t have already).

Re. Azura: Oh, yeah. I think I did that for the Marth battle. It was really funny. I think I needed it on one of the LHBs in the last batch as well...Eirika, iirc. That map is evil.

Welcome to the club ;) .

Buy a time machine. Money power ftw.

I actually couldn't get started on the Eirika map with Celica...

RIP

It pains me to make such a goal/promise/strict budget, but I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a Switch in anticipation for Three Houses. (I also want a new laptop, new refurbished phone, new microwave, etc., so I need my finances to stop bleeding into Heroes.) After I get my first 5* from Greil's Devoted and SF!Xander if there is Spring Festival rerun, I am going to limit the money I spend on Heroes to just the monthly/special Orb packs. Basically, I bar myself from spending on the regular Orb packs.

I figure announcing my intentions in public will help me stick with my goal. When I get the urge to spend more money on Heroes, I will remember my spiel here and hopefully feel bad enough that I would not violate my promise. Maybe I will make a thread in Far From the Forest later to make my goal more detailed; the more I plan something, I think the more I am likely to follow through with it. I will paste this into my signature too so I will see it every time I reply or post something.

I am sorry Anna, but I will make it up to you by buying the special edition of Three Houses and all the DLCs. I will also Summoner Support you in Heroes.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I know that feeling. 

Didn't get any Roy for ~1 year now. Before he kept visiting me off-banner. 

My other off-banner vistor Shiro (+6) has more merges now. 

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

It pains me to make such a goal/promise/strict budget, but I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a Switch in anticipation for Three Houses. (I also want a new laptop, new refurbished phone, new microwave, etc., so I need my finances to stop bleeding into Heroes.) After I get my first 5* from Greil's Devoted and SF!Xander if there is Spring Festival rerun, I am going to limit the money I spend on Heroes to just the monthly/special Orb packs. Basically, I bar myself from spending on the regular Orb packs.

I figure announcing my intentions in public will help me stick with my goal. When I get the urge to spend more money on Heroes, I will remember my spiel here and hopefully feel bad enough that I would not violate my promise. Maybe I will make a thread in Far From the Forest later to make my goal more detailed; the more I plan something, I think the more I am likely to follow through with it. I will paste this into my signature too so I will see it every time I reply or post something.

I am sorry Anna, but I will make it up to you by buying the special edition of Three Houses and all the DLCs. I will also Summoner Support you in Heroes.

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck getting all that shiny new stuff! 

Give Anna Bonus Doubler and Human Virtue tomorrow and she'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck getting all that shiny new stuff! 

Give Anna Bonus Doubler and Human Virtue tomorrow and she'll be fine.

Thanks! I think I need all the luck I can get. Not being able to pull as freely after next 5* unit or SF!Xander makes me feel more vulnerable due less access to common skill fodder.

I am not sure if I will be lucky enough to get two copies of BL!Roy. Maybe I will Refine Nóatún or give Anna Slaying Axe or Wo Gùn instead.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Good luck.  I find that while new heroes are nice I don't need them to complete maps anymore, since my teams already do everything.  I also try to only focus on one or two new heroes since that way with my F2P status I have a small chance of getting who I want.  The nice thing about legendary banners is they give you a chance to get who you miss the first time, so I would say in the summer start saving for them so you have a better shot at seasonal units you have to have.

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Good luck.  I find that while new heroes are nice I don't need them to complete maps anymore, since my teams already do everything.  I also try to only focus on one or two new heroes since that way with my F2P status I have a small chance of getting who I want.  The nice thing about legendary banners is they give you a chance to get who you miss the first time, so I would say in the summer start saving for them so you have a better shot at seasonal units you have to have.

Yeah, I technically do not need to summon anymore since I have enough stuff to solve any PvE content the game throws at me.

My primary reason for spending money is to collect every Special Hero, and with almost every month having Special Heroes Focus, it feels like a huge drain on my wallet. I think I will stop collecting Dancers/Singers now too since I have 20 of them; they are not as big of a drain on my wallet since there are not as many of them, but I would still like to spend less on the game. But with those two reasons now gone, I am not really sure who I want to summon. I would like to have Ophelia and Lewyn, but I already have a lot of ranged nukes so I do not feel compelled to summon them. I like Camilla, Loki, Lucina, etc., but I never really cared for what my units look like as long as they have good game play.

I sacrificed my only OG Hector for this sweet unit and so far I don’t regret it one bit. She tanks so well and hits so hard thanks to Breath of fog.

I never expected her to get a refinement but I’m damn glad she did!

Edited by Hekselka

17 hours ago, XRay said:

That's what I've decided to do as well.  I've realized that, even if I spend $$$ to get a character I really like, there just isn't that much content to use them on that it's a waste of money.  New content is a trickle, Arena is boring, and Aether Raids is more cancerous than Chernobyl.  Plus the fact that I've spent enough on the game already.  Halloween Kagero cost me $150; the pity rate got up to 6.5% before I pulled her.  I love Kagero but I could have bought a Vita or 3 Nendos, or a PS4 to play the new Date a Live game (lol).

2 minutes ago, Xenovia said:

I love Kagero but I could have bought a Vita or 3 Nendos, or a PS4 to play the new Date a Live game (lol).

Yeah. As much as I love Heroes, I have other hobbies and interests too. If Heroes did not exist, I could have afforded that sweet ROG GX800VH laptop and have enough money left over to buy several Switches, and I would probably still have enough to collect all the Cipher cards.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Breathtaking....

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Johann @Fei Mao @Rezzy @NegativeExponents- @Cute Chao @Usana @DefaultBeep @Landmaster @Vaximillian @XRay @eclipse

So... I have to go ahead and post this now. I'll cut to the chase. I'm going to be wrapping up as far as this game is concerned. I feel as if every day I'm slowly fading away and the game feels more and more like an obligation just because I've been playing for so long. The time I used to pepper throughout the day to clear the content has been dwindling, and I've been regretting the 1-2 hours of play before I go to bed and thinking about how valuable that sleep would have been. I kind of knew this would be inevitable once I finished doing clears, but sadly it is what it is.

This isn't a "leaving" post where I'm going to uninstall the game as soon as I'm done with this post. But I've been feeling bad about people tagging me in their clears and me only watching half or less of what I'm being tagged in, or feeling obligated to go in certain topics because it's what I've been doing and I'm ready to move on. The game has been a blast and I feel that it's been filling a void of recreation in me. Talking to everyone on here and sharing clears, showing what one of the bottom 5 characters in the game can do, showing he can be a beast with the right build. It satisfies me, because of that I feel like I can rest and I don't have to feel bad.

The breaking point for me was this anniversary banner. I got Duma of course, the unit I wanted the least instead of Lyn who EVERYONE ELSE seemed to get. But on top of that... after about 80 orbs... I pulled a Karla, who I've been gunning for for months, then back to back I got an L!Azura. But the problem was... for the first time ever... I wasn't satisfied. I felt nothing. On top of that I used to soak up every orb available but I'm pretty sure there's a full summoning session worth of orbs to be collected but I just... haven't cared to do it. I don't feel like being bothered. Aether Raids is meh, Arena is meh, haven't touched AA in a month. It just feels like it's time.

I'm not 100% leaving the game yet. I'll probably still follow it here and there, see the new units and skills in passing, wait for Edward/Ross to be added and be mostly active until the FE6 banner next month. But after that specific banner I think I'm done. When my nephew gets his phone reset (because he's been having issues) I doubt I'll reinstall.

This probably won't be my very last post as I'll probably lurk around and maybe post here and there for another week or so. But I'm done. So I wanted to say thanks for the good times guys. It's been fun and I hope the game continues to thrive and grow as FE is one of the franchises closest to my heart. I hope you all continue to have fun playing. 

Cheers~

This is why I always recommend not to spend money on Heroes. The cost-to-benefit ratio is so bad: sniping a single specific focus unit costs more than an entire typical game, and that's a terrible trade.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Breathtaking....

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Johann @Fei Mao @Rezzy @NegativeExponents- @Cute Chao @Usana @DefaultBeep @Landmaster @Vaximillian @XRay @eclipse

So... I have to go ahead and post this now. I'll cut to the chase. I'm going to be wrapping up as far as this game is concerned. I feel as if every day I'm slowly fading away and the game feels more and more like an obligation just because I've been playing for so long. The time I used to pepper throughout the day to clear the content has been dwindling, and I've been regretting the 1-2 hours of play before I go to bed and thinking about how valuable that sleep would have been. I kind of knew this would be inevitable once I finished doing clears, but sadly it is what it is.

This isn't a "leaving" post where I'm going to uninstall the game as soon as I'm done with this post. But I've been feeling bad about people tagging me in their clears and me only watching half or less of what I'm being tagged in, or feeling obligated to go in certain topics because it's what I've been doing and I'm ready to move on. The game has been a blast and I feel that it's been filling a void of recreation in me. Talking to everyone on here and sharing clears, showing what one of the bottom 5 characters in the game can do, showing he can be a beast with the right build. It satisfies me, because of that I feel like I can rest and I don't have to feel bad.

The breaking point for me was this anniversary banner. I got Duma of course, the unit I wanted the least instead of Lyn who EVERYONE ELSE seemed to get. But on top of that... after about 80 orbs... I pulled a Karla, who I've been gunning for for months, then back to back I got an L!Azura. But the problem was... for the first time ever... I wasn't satisfied. I felt nothing. On top of that I used to soak up every orb available but I'm pretty sure there's a full summoning session worth of orbs to be collected but I just... haven't cared to do it. I don't feel like being bothered. Aether Raids is meh, Arena is meh, haven't touched AA in a month. It just feels like it's time.

I'm not 100% leaving the game yet. I'll probably still follow it here and there, see the new units and skills in passing, wait for Edward/Ross to be added and be mostly active until the FE6 banner next month. But after that specific banner I think I'm done. When my nephew gets his phone reset (because he's been having issues) I doubt I'll reinstall.

This probably won't be my very last post as I'll probably lurk around and maybe post here and there for another week or so. But I'm done. So I wanted to say thanks for the good times guys. It's been fun and I hope the game continues to thrive and grow as FE is one of the franchises closest to my heart. I hope you all continue to have fun playing. 

Cheers~

Yeah, I agree that Heroes can be a chore sometimes. I hope you will still be around on Serenes Forest for Three Houses though!

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is why I always recommend not to spend money on Heroes. The cost-to-benefit ratio is so bad: sniping a single specific focus unit costs more than an entire typical game, and that's a terrible trade.

If I knew how much money I was going to spend before I started playing this game, then yeah, I totally would have avoided Heroes like the plague, or at least vow myself to not spend a single dime.

However, once I got my first 5* unit, and it was Hector, that euphoric rush got me super hooked. While $40-$80 per 5* "high" is pretty expensive when you compare it to weed, alcohol, etc. when you summon a 5* unit you want, it feels so worth it in the moment.