Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

We do have Velouria, Infantry Pulse with grails, L!Hector and the mother of all brokeness, Ophelia, now, so it is very much useable without too much effort and at the very start if you have the resources for it (I'm still debating myself who to support Velouria with until a possible demotion, but as an example, a well-built Ares&Velouria pair seems pretty easy to use from the get-go; or with this example, Tiki and Velouria would even make the transformation process into a beast easier.). Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

All true. I have a Velorua, but I've personally paired her with Leif along with quickened pulse so he can instantly charge a high level special (still have him running blazing light though, I should give him gale force). Pairing Velora with my Tiki would probably be a better strategy, but i find it amusing to instantly charge a special like that. And Tiki is fine for Chain Challenge or Tempest Trials. In other modes if I want a red unit I'd be more likely to go Celica or the Black Knight.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

For some reason I feel that we are going to have a reduced quantity in the next couple of months. For the month of February if all the obtainable orbs were collected there is  334. Compared to the previous months of January 405,  December 345, November 290, and October 301. What makes the month of February interesting was that there were more orbs due to the 2nd anniversary. Yet this month forging bonds tap battle removed 8 orbs all together. Even more concerning according to the newest data-mine, the monthly orbs will be replaced by aether stones. 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Orb_distribution#2019

I may be overlooking something here, but a reduction orbs will hurt everyone for saving future units.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

24 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Even more concerning according to the newest data-mine , monthly orbs will be replaced by aether stones. 

Which ones? I heard something about quests changing, but I haven't found any place that lists the specifics.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Which ones? I heard something about quests changing, but I haven't found any place that lists the specifics.

Apparently there's a net loss of 5 orbs. All the Mar(3) quests were removed, but idk about the rest.

The top comment here seems to have all of the new quests.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently there's a net loss of 5 orbs. All the Mar(3) quests were removed, but idk about the rest.

That is going to be bad for me as a F2P and makes me start to worry about what they will do next.

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

That is going to be bad for me as a F2P and makes me start to worry about what they will do next.

Not to mention they didn't have the Tap Battle quests toward the end like they usually do. I think that was another like 5 or 6 orbs, and I don't think the quests they did have plus the one orb for the normal and one for the extra stages adds up to the same.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Not to mention they didn't have the Tap Battle quests toward the end like they usually do. I think that was another like 5 or 6 orbs, and I don't think the quests they did have plus the one orb for the normal and one for the extra stages adds up to the same.

Yeah if I remember right it was less orbs, I think it was 2 less then before.  Well it is looking to me like I will just have to be very picky on my banners from now on and I may go to only pulling on one banner a month.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Reveal hidden contents

That is fascinating without a doubt; I wonder if this a sign of some kind of change coming in this month's update.

13 minutes ago, Troykv said:

That is fascinating without a doubt; I wonder if this a sign of some kind of change coming in this month's update.

Loss of orbs is not fascinating in the slightest! But it is an interesting maneuver on IS's part

Edited by Icelerate

21 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Loss of orbs is not fascinating in the slightest! 

I'm not fascinate for the lack of orbs; I'm fascinate for the implications.

Just a gut feeling; I hope we get some kind of preview of 3.3 this week.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Yeah if I remember right it was less orbs, I think it was 2 less then before.  Well it is looking to me like I will just have to be very picky on my banners from now on and I may go to only pulling on one banner a month.

next month we're down 11 orbs. :( 
I do get the monthly pack, but i am also losing my main source of income for 4+ months so that's out the window too. 
i usually save up to summon on Legendary (or a banner where i think it's good to risk it for the biscuit as it were, so basically.  i'mma gonna have to do that or just save for a "BIG" banner for me (what that is i do not know)

Edited by daisy jane

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For some reason I feel that we are going to have a reduced quantity in the next couple of months. For the month of February if all the obtainable orbs were collected there is  334. Compared to the previous months of January 405,  December 345, November 290, and October 301. What makes the month of February interesting was that there were more orbs due to the 2nd anniversary. Yet this month forging bonds tap battle removed 8 orbs all together. Even more concerning according to the newest data-mine, the monthly orbs will be replaced by aether stones. 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Orb_distribution#2019

I may be overlooking something here, but a reduction orbs will hurt everyone for saving future units.

They always cease to amaze me.  The free Orbs they're taking away are a drop in the bucket to the amount people use overall, so I don't know why they're trying to squeeze us here.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They always cease to amaze me.  The free Orbs they're taking away are a drop in the bucket to the amount people use overall, so I don't know why they're trying to squeeze us here.

I guess the intention is to ween people away from free to play and get them into the habit of spending.

25 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I guess the intention is to ween people away from free to play and get them into the habit of spending.

That's not going to get them to pop their F2P cherry.  Deals like the BK pack are the gateway drug for that.  This just might drive away F2P players.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's not going to get them to pop their F2P cherry.  Deals like the BK pack are the gateway drug for that.  This just might drive away F2P players.

Well it certainly won't convince me to buy. Everytime I've been foolish enough to spend money on this game I've received absolutely nothing in return. Black Knight deals are the only way they'll get anything out of me again.

Look back in the dark ages, the early months of the game, we got much much less orbs.  Banners often contained more units than they do currently as well.  Like dropping 80 orbs on a banner back then was like spending a fortune, nowadays it is like a pittance.  However back then the game was new, exciting, they could get away with just about anything.  However if they start pinching FTP orbs, I do think many people will leave.  

I for sure would be hard-pressed to keep playing if they started taking away F2P orbs. The main draw of the game is summoning, and yeah I understand this is a gatcha game and they need to make money, but they also need to keep a steady flow of free orbs to keep people going. If people stop getting enough orbs for summoning and have to pay for it, I don't see Heroes lasting long at all.

New in-game notification says Sophia and Klein will be getting Prf Weapons with refinement in the next update.

Also Dark Aura (Linde and Delthea) and Dark Excalibur (Sonya and Merric) will be getting refinements.

Dark Excalibur refine! Can't wait to know what it is, Sonya activated.
And good to see that Sophia gets something. I may give her some merges, hopefully it works nice together with CC... Let's see..

Btw, its like someone feared. Monthly orbs are cut down from 21 to 17.
And I don't know what they where thinking, I had little hope that they change something about the Training Tower Quests, doing 15 rounds with each movement type on Training Tower 10 makes no sense and is just a bit tedious...

Edited by Stroud

7 hours ago, Troykv said:

I'm not fascinate for the lack of orbs; I'm fascinate for the implications.

Just a gut feeling; I hope we get some kind of preview of 3.3 this week.

Good news for you. Sophia refine hype. I think I'll finally complete building her once her tome comes out. I was going to wait until she gets her prf. 

What ability do you think her tome should have? 

Edited by Icelerate

I'm hoping that IS getting rid of some orbs is a sign of a new game mode and not them trying to get f2p players to pay. 

But I'm skeptical about that since they also gave less orbs for the tap battle quests, and changed the orb rewards for the forging bonds (even if some people think the holy grails are a fair trade the point still stands). They should have changed the training quests. I didn't even bother doing those last month because they were far too annoying too complete. At least give us 3 orbs for completing the tenth stratum ones.

Oh, and good to see Sophia getting a refinement. I'm curious to see what they'll give her.

Liked this week's GM tactics drills a lot. Map was very 'fair' (no reinforcements, so perfect information) + it gives a lot of hints from just skill & unit placement about what the 'right' move was.

Only minor peeve is that you needed to Balm up on a weird turn, and that's not obvious without playing the map multiple times. (Yeah, you have a hint, but you have no idea what the fuck that hint means unless you've played to that turn before---or if you've simulated the map in your own head like a god damn maniac.)

Beyond that I think it was a bit easy, but part of that is because of how clear the map design was---it didn't have the basically 'fake' difficulty of stuff like reinforcement GMs since the map gave tons of hints if you weren't doing things the right way.

Edited by DehNutCase

24 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Good news for you. Sophia refine hype. I think I'll finally complete building her once her tome comes out. I was going to wait until she gets her prf. 

What ability do you think her tome should have? 

Given Sophia is a bit of a bulky mage, I think Distant Defense 3 would be a good effect on her tome, plus a Wave for the refinement.