Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The complicated thing is Legend Leif many would want to be based on Master Knight, and the cool thing about that is that it can use everything save Dark Magic. Sticking a Sword to him, unless it was really potent and creative in some way aligning the sheer versatility of MK, would seem to some like a disservice.

Yeah, that's certainly a downside.

Personally I'd be happy with any Master Knight Leif, even a sword one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's certainly a downside.

If Leif could ever be so lucky to get two alts, I'd give the Bragi Sword to an Armored Leif, perhaps with the premise that he is now King of a peaceful and united Thracian Peninsula, and thus has retired the MK horse.

If he got a third, I want him in a tracksuit on a Summer Sports banner. Title: Lifelong Runner, weapon- Relay Baton (a Staff with some awesome Assist buffing-passive).

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking on this in general, perhaps they can give Cecil the Lady Sword. That was unique and extremely powerful in FE3 (though 12 nerfed it), and there aren't many other contenders for it. Although it's effect- being effective on Barbarians/Bandits/Pirates/Thieves (brutish male classes) would be difficult to replicate, and unfortunately Ruby Sword is is able to sorta match this.

Also, Amalda for better or worse could easily be another Staff Cav.

The complicated thing is Legend Leif many would want to be based on Master Knight, and the cool thing about that is that it can use everything save Dark Magic. Sticking a Sword to him, unless it was really potent and creative in some way aligning the sheer versatility of MK, would seem to some like a disservice.

I'd add Perne, turning the King Sword into King Daggers and giving it a strong support effect would be neat.

And you forgot Lara the canon Thief (Dagger)-Dancer. Miranda could also expand the Red Tome Cav pool. Machyua could go female Axe Infantry.

Carrion could bring the Paragon Sword as an inheritable. Sword with Sword Valor + defensive buff (different from the Defender's).

I personally love Perne and considered putting him on the list of popular characters. Somehow forgot he already has the King Sword going for him.

As for Lara, I didn't forget her, but I'm not sure she actually has anything to add. We already have knife dancers in the game which would be the main thing she could add. Lara is interesting, but in a setting like heroes where thieves don't really do any thieving, her special status kind of doesn't mean much. Of course one could definitely still do something interesting or creative with her, but with her base kit I don't think there's anything that's really crying out for it. Maybe she could be some kind of dedicated Knife buffing unit to allude to her relationship with Perne? Honestly I think post legendary Azura, dancers have kind of been ruined forever, as there's really not much they can bring to the table to compete. The Herons are only threading water with their extra movement. We're going to have to eventually get multi refershers. I don't see how they can go anywhere else. Which is a shame since there's still a load of dancers we don't have. Like any of the GBA ones not named Ninian.

@Interdimensional ObserverYou know what would actually be a diservice to Leif?

A Legendary leif that ISNT a healer. He's literally the lord whose game is notorious for having overpowered Healer, and Master Knight's greatest aspect is being a horse healer. Sadly we all know why Leif won't ever be a healer this game

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Interdimensional ObserverYou know what would actually be a diservice to Leif?

A Legendary leif that ISNT a healer. He's literally the lord whose game is notorious for having overpowered Healer, and Master Knight's greatest aspect is being a horse healer. Sadly we all know why Leif won't ever be a healer this game

Gae Bolg Master Knight Leif. Screw the cannon!

43 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

FGO Tomoe Gozen and Scathach

Tomoe looks and acts like a college-aged girl at the absolute oldest and has gradient hair and tasteful sideboob.

Scathach has a pretty face and wears a skin-tight body suit and is voiced by a legend among legends.

What is hindering Amalda's waifu power is the fact that she wasn't designed to be a waifu.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ok but

Did we really want gae bolg as it is? Its somehow the only Gen 2 weapon that have the power standard of Gen 1(No stats boost or extra effect. ALL it had is the Anti everything but flier weapon) and even in FE4 itself it get the (dis)honor of being on Altenna who get dicked by alvailability so hard shes probably the worst Wyvern Rider until Gerome went all "HERES HOW YOU BECOME BAD"

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ok but

Did we really want gae bolg as it is? Its somehow the only Gen 2 weapon that have the power standard of Gen 1(No stats boost or extra effect. ALL it had is the Anti everything but flier weapon) and even in FE4 itself it get the (dis)honor of being on Altenna who get dicked by alvailability so hard shes probably the worst Wyvern Rider until Gerome went all "HERES HOW YOU BECOME BAD"

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What is hindering Amalda's waifu power is the fact that she wasn't designed to be a waifu.

Personally, I think people should learn to appreciate characters as characters rather than looking them as primarily waifu or husbando material.

But this is clearly a pipe dream.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ok but

Who said anything about heroes Gae Bolg? We have two Tyrfings and two Nagas and like a million Armads. Some kind of Divine Gae Bolg that gives him weapon triangle advantage against everything (to reflect his Master Knight status) could be invented.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Personally, I think people should learn to appreciate characters as characters rather than looking them as primarily waifu or husbando material.

Problem with that worldview is that Thracia only has like six characters (and from what I can recall of her meager characterization, Amalda is basically just a repeat of Olwen, only with an old guy instead of Reinhardt).

Edited by Jotari

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's very hard to talk about why Amalda isn't waifu material without talking about why Amalda isn't waifu material. It has nothing to do with looking at characters as primarily waifu material.

https://www.destructoid.com/we-talked-to-nintendo-about-fire-emblem-heroes-monetization-strategy-and-where-mobile-is-going-545155.phtml?fbclid=IwAR1ixIEePrjJD5s7QAehWLDs4rayppMJQMphffsuiDcviNAmrH_d1onSbAI

D: Two years is a long time to operate in any gaming space. What's next for Fire Emblem Heroes?

Matsushita: We are extremely grateful to the users who have continued to play Fire Emblem Heroes. We are discussing different ideas that will give even long-term players a fresh playing experience. Some ideas are close to being confirmed for implementation, while some unconfirmed ideas are just dreams for now. We want to consider all kinds of ideas. For example, could we make characters with new appearances or uses? Can we make a new mode that will introduce a social aspect to the game? We are continuing to look at it from many angles. The developers are working around the clock using trial-and-error to look for fun ways to play with these kinds of elements.

D: The team has shown that it is capable of addressing criticism with Fire Emblem Heroes. Are there any new challenges you've been able to work through in the past several months?

Kouhei Maeda (Director): I am always happy to receive feedback from users, whether it is positive or negative. Recently, we found that some users have wanted a way to improve their favorite characters, even a little bit, so we introduced Dragonflowers, which are items that allow for stat improvements. One of the most appealing aspects of Fire Emblem is the fact that fan-favorite characters are not just pieces on a board, they’re one of a kind. In the future, we would like to actively add even more elements that will increase a player’s attachment to the characters.

"New appearances or uses" Does that mean costume or something along those lines?

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ok but

Gae Bolg isn't the fanciest weapon, but it's definitely above the power standard of Gen 1. Against like 80% of the field, it's a flat +10 stat points.

There are plenty of weaker Gen 2 weapons, most strikingly Bright Naginata.

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ok but

Did we really want gae bolg as it is? Its somehow the only Gen 2 weapon that have the power standard of Gen 1(No stats boost or extra effect. ALL it had is the Anti everything but flier weapon) and even in FE4 itself it get the (dis)honor of being on Altenna who get dicked by alvailability so hard shes probably the worst Wyvern Rider until Gerome went all "HERES HOW YOU GALEFORCE"

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Problem with that worldview is that Thracia only has like six characters (and from what I can recall of her meager characterization, Amalda is basically just a repeat of Olwen, only with an old guy instead of Reinhardt).

Sleuf isn't that old, unless you're talking about someone else. Regardless, Amalda and Olwen have enough subtle differences to really capitalize on them and make them two different characters. Amalda's a lot more melancholy than Olwen and was definitely aware of what she was doing, rather than Olwen who had no fucking idea that child hunts were a thing until she was locked in a cell with some kids.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's very hard to talk about why Amalda isn't waifu material without talking about why Amalda isn't waifu material. It has nothing to do with looking at characters as primarily waifu material.

This is me mostly complaining about how apparently characters need to be "primarily waifu material" to sell well or for people to like them. Amalda not being waifu material is a positive, not a negative. If people write her off because "she's not a waifu" rather than the actual merits of her character, that's their problem. But it is problematic nonetheless because it indicates people only want waifus and husbandos, not actual characters that weren't designed to appeal to them in a "desirable" way.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sleuf isn't that old, unless you're talking about someone else. Regardless, Amalda and Olwen have enough subtle differences to really capitalize on them and make them two different characters. Amalda's a lot more melancholy than Olwen and was definitely aware of what she was doing, rather than Olwen who had no fucking idea that child hunts were a thing until she was locked in a cell with some kids.

This is me mostly complaining about how apparently characters need to be "primarily waifu material" to sell well or for people to like them. Amalda not being waifu material is a positive, not a negative. If people write her off because "she's not a waifu" rather than the actual merits of her character, that's their problem. But it is problematic nonetheless because it indicates people only want waifus and husbandos, not actual characters that weren't designed to appeal to them in a "desirable" way.

I was referring to her counter part that you fight if you recruit her, and vice versa if you recruit him. *googles name* Conomore. Although I might be remembering the details inexactly. What I do remember is that Amalda is another "Think of the children!" character that the game has quite a few of already (for pretty good reason mind you).

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was referring to her counter part that you fight if you recruit her, and vice versa if you recruit him. *googles name* Conomore. Although I might be remembering the details inexactly. What I do remember is that Amalda is another "Think of the children!" character that the game has quite a few of already (for pretty good reason mind you).

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

"Not being a waifu" is definitely a negative. In terms of marketability, the more marketable traits a character has, the better, and missing out on one trait means having to make up for it with others.

No one's (or at least not enough people to matter statistically) going to write off a character completely for the sole reason that they're "not a waifu" if they have other desirable traits, however (take Surtr for example, who is typically not considered husbando material).

And nothing said so far by me indicates that people "only want waifus and husbandos". There are more plenty more marketable traits that can be used, like artwork, voice work, stats, skills, and whatnot. Having waifu power is simply one of those traits, granted it's a fairly strong one.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Does anyone remember when the announcement of RD and FE6 banner was? It may be just a coincidence, but could it be that we are now in the point were Fates Beast banner and Binding Blade banner were not developed when they said that, and there’s a real possibility that due to all the feedback and the backslash (is that the word?) we are going to start getting 2 demotes per banner? 

Both banners have four characters, and both of them have 2 characters that have only 4 skills AND not so premium skills (so Keaton is out of the ecuation). 

So maybe yeah, we would see now how many attention they give to feedback

Edit: also, both banners got 0 alts.

Edited by Javi Blizz

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Not being a waifu" is definitely a negative. In terms of marketability, the more marketable traits a character has, the better, and missing out on one trait means having to make up for it with others.

No one's (or at least not enough people to matter statistically) going to write off a character completely for the sole reason that they're "not a waifu" if they have other desirable traits, however (take Surtr for example, who is typically not considered husbando material).

And nothing said so far by me indicates that people "only want waifus and husbandos". There are more plenty more marketable traits that can be used, like artwork, voice work, stats, skills, and whatnot. Having waifu power is simply one of those traits, granted it's a fairly strong one.

Having every female character get pressure to be a "waifu" is a really shitty situation for those of us who want female characters for their own sake.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does anyone remember when the announcement of RD and FE6 banner was? It may be just a coincidence, but could it be that we are now in the point were Fates Beast banner and Binding Blade banner were not developed when they said that, and there’s a real possibility that due to all the feedback and the backslash (is that the word?) we are going to start getting 2 demotes per banner? 

Both banners have four characters, and both of them have 2 characters that have only 4 skills AND not so premium skills (so Keaton is out of the ecuation). 

It was in November, right before the Adrift trailer. By then, character selections were most likely set in stone until around early May.

Demote choices could be another story, but Lugh isn't demoting.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Having every female character get pressure to be a "waifu" is a really shitty situation for those of us who want female characters for their own sake.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

It was in November, right before the Adrift trailer. By then, character selections were most likely set in stone until around early May.

Demote choices could be another story, but Lugh isn't demoting.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

You're not wrong, but that's the business. I don't want to spend 40 euro buying orbs and not even get the character I want in the end, but that's the set up that makes them the most profit. The game is run on how attractive or cool looking it's characters are more than most things (and this applies to male characters too, albeit to a lesser extent. I don't think we'll ever see poor Bantu).

Spoiler

I was going to basically copy your quote saying I want more major villains in the same vein, but considering we just got Duma and stand to get Idoun soon, were actually doing pretty well on that front at the moment. Medeus might get in yet.

Edited by Jotari

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You're not wrong, but that's the business. I don't want to spend 40 euro buying orbs and not even get the character I want in the end, but that's the set up that makes them the most profit. The game is run on how attractive or cool looking it's characters are more than most things.

It's certainly an issue that gacha exacerbates, but it's also been increasingly an issue in regular FE, especially with the whole dating sim aspects.

In both cases, it ultimately all turns into misogyny, and I certainly don't plan on stopping complaining about that.

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hide contents

I was going to basically copy your quote saying I want more major villains in the same vein, but considering we just got Duma and stand to get Idoun soon, were actually doing pretty well on that front at the moment. Medeus might get in yet.

Yeah, the villains lineup has been getting better. I'm guessing Medeus will be the first Dark mythic, probably in May. I guess he'll probably be another red armor dragon?