Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh I disagree. She has the same BST as B!Lyn, but she doesn't have access to Sacae's Blessing; that alone puts Lyn above Sue, and any future bow cavaliers are gonna be pretty hard-pressed to be on par with that.

Thing is a lot of the time Lyn is just running Firesweep Bow + CA anyway, which Sue would be better at. If they're running brave bow, then yeah though.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh I disagree. She has the same BST as B!Lyn, but she doesn't have access to Sacae's Blessing; that alone puts Lyn above Sue, and any future bow cavaliers are gonna be pretty hard-pressed to be on par with that.

Thing is a lot of time Lyn is just running Firesweep Bow + CA anyway, which Sue would be better at. If they're running brave bow, then yeah though.

53 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Thing is a lot of the time Lyn is just running Firesweep Bow + CA anyway, which Sue would be better at. If they're running brave bow, then yeah though.

Ya know I hear that a lot, but I have yet to actually encounter any Lyn running an FS bow. I've encountered TONS of Lyns in Grand Conquest, Arena, Aether Raids, and any other mode where it's possible, and not one single one has used that bow. I've only ever seen Brave Bows and Mulagirs, nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ya know I hear that a lot, but I have yet to actually encounter any Lyn running an FS bow. I've encountered TONS of Lyns in Grand Conquest, Arena, Aether Raids, and any other mode where it's possible, and not one single one has used that bow. I've only ever seen Brave Bows and Mulagirs, nothing else.

I personally stick the brave bow on her. I think the Darting Blow seal really helps her. In conjunction with Swift Sparrow or Life and Death it makes her a reliable four attack unit without eating a counter attack in between against most characters.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Probably because Firesweep bow ain’t exactly easy to come by compared to Brave Bow which can be found in the 3-4* pool and Mulagir which she comes with naturally but if it was you’d probably see way more because it truly is her preferred option.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

This is precisely the argument I was trying to make. I think you phrased it well.

All this discussion it makes me remember the time I view a video about pretty much something related with Men and Media.

The topic was basically, "Men getting sexual assault played for laughs".

Heh...

@Tybrosion I feel your pain man, I gave Klein Chill Def too, rip those 20k feathers :'( (if that was your Klein that is)

What would be the best B skill for Klein now though? For now will just give him Desperation back but if there's anything better he will get it cause he deserves the best. I guess I should be happy he got a great refine, but I'm mostly just sad I have to change his build again while he was pretty much done lol. And he really didn't need the refine, so I wasn't expecting one at all D:

Edited by Mau

3 minutes ago, Mau said:

@Tybrosion I feel your pain man, I gave Klein Chill Def too, rip those 20k feathers :'( (if that was your Klein that is)

What would be the best B skill for Klein now though? For now will just give him Desperation back but if there's anything better he will get it cause he deserves the best. I guess I should be happy he got a great refine, but I'm mostly just sad I have to change his build again while he was pretty much done lol. And he really didn't need the refine, so I wasn't expecting one at all D:

Chill Spd I guess. Let's him quad easier. Also, all the archers in the 3-4 star pool need a refinement because being a ranged physical damage dealer with low stats ain't so nice nowadays especially with horrible offensive spreads

17 minutes ago, Mau said:

Very hard to come by, but Special Spiral would probably suit him given he'll charge his special faster with Double Bow. Could be launching Moonbow on every player phase attack after first activation.

@Johann, I think I will just PM you to further discuss the issue to keep the general thread cool. I will ask @eclipse if it is better to make topic in the Serious Discussion forum or something, since I think it is worth discussing, but I just want to be extra sure.

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I think BH!Lyn would still outperform Sue in the Firesweep Bow role. Firesweepers still want consistent damage and decent Atk, which BH!Lyn has as a colorless unit and got higher Atk.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Really? I see a ton. Do you mind if I ask what arena level you're at? Brave bow is the most common, just because it's more accessible, but FS is definitely number 2. The random ones I see with Mulagir always just seemed like the person hadn't gotten around to giving her something more useful.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think BH!Lyn would still outperform Sue in the Firesweep Bow role. Firesweepers still want consistent damage and decent Atk, which BH!Lyn has as a colorless unit and got higher Atk.

Yeah, that's what I meant by her spot is safe since Sue is green.

As for the attack difference, it's all of a point, which to me seems like it's more than made up for by Sue's speed advantage. Basically, Sue can have 35/38 while Lyns stuck with 36/35 or 33/38. Sue either doubles more or has more damage output.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Yeah, as someone else mentioned, chill speed. If you can manage to get both to trigger against one enemy Klein has fairly impressive performance. Not astounding, but very solid. He'll effectively have

40/46/38/20/24 which is quite solid considering guaranteed double (possibly quad) and that's not even factoring in A skills. The best kit I could come up with for him was

Weapon: Argent [unique]
Special: <Any 2-3 charge> (Didn't really matter, as only affected 1-2 kills)
A: DB3/4 (Actually outperformed SS and L&D)
B: Chill Spd
C: Any
S: Attack +3

That managed to get him a max of 176/65/7 against ASF Hard list everyone +10 and full emblem buffs. Granted, that does hinge on him being able to trigger both on a single enemy which is admittedly unlikely. But hey, even if it doesn't, then he's still providing useful support for his team.

With neither active, DB4 still performed the best, but DB3 did slightly worse than L&D3 (113 vs 116) and the same as SS2.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Very hard to come by, but Special Spiral would probably suit him given he'll charge his special faster with Double Bow. Could be launching Moonbow on every player phase attack after first activation.

Actually, ignore everything I said, this. Special spiral basically guarantees him every-turn Lunas after the first and gives him surprisingly good performance with it (every other 3 CD special does significantly worse).

Special: Luna
A: DB3/4 (still performs best)
B: Special Spiral

DB3 gets him 176/63/9 without the chill active and 217/24/7 with it. That's really good. DB4 gets him up to 223 with chill. That's 12-17 kills better than Bridal Cordelia with the exact same setup. The only tricky thing is triggering it the first time since he'd need either Velouria or two charges of Infantry Pulse.

So I guess what it comes down to is do you want to maximize his offense or maximize his support while still having decent offensive potential? And of course, how much and where are you willing to invest. Panne has chill speed and is free if you don't care about grailing her, but if you do, that's a pretty big setback and orbs are more easily replenished if you're willing to spend.

Now my question is: Do I murder one Panne or two Pannes for Klein?

Edited by bottlegnomes

39 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, as someone else mentioned, chill speed. If you can manage to get both to trigger against one enemy Klein has fairly impressive performance. Not astounding, but very solid. He'll effectively have

40/46/38/20/24 which is quite solid considering guaranteed double (possibly quad) and that's not even factoring in A skills. The best kit I could come up with for him was

Special: <Any 2-3 charge> (Didn't really matter, as only affected 1-2 kills)
A: DB3/4 (Actually outperformed SS and L&D)
B: Chill Spd

That managed to get him a max of 176/65/7 against ASF Hard list everyone +10 and full emblem buffs. Granted, that does hinge on him being able to trigger both on a single enemy which is admittedly unlikely. But hey, even if it doesn't, then he's still providing useful support for his team.

With neither active, DB4 still performed the best, but DB3 did slightly worse than L&D3 (113 vs 116) and the same as SS2.

Actually, ignore everything I said, this. Special spiral basically guarantees him every-turn Lunas after the first and gives him surprisingly good performance with it (every other 3 CD special does significantly worse).

Special: Luna
A: DB3/4 (still performs best)
B: Special Spiral

DB3 gets him 176/63/9 without the chill active and 217/24/7 with it. That's really good. DB4 gets him up to 223 with chill. That's 12-17 kills better than Bridal Cordelia with the exact same setup. The only tricky thing is triggering it the first time since he'd need either Velouria or two charges of Infantry Pulse.

So I guess what it comes down to is do you want to maximize his offense or maximize his support while still having decent offensive potential? And of course, how much and where are you willing to invest. Panne has chill speed and is free if you don't care about grailing her, but if you do, that's a pretty big setback and orbs are more easily replenished if you're willing to spend.

Now my question is: Do I murder one Panne or two Pannes for Klein?

Klein, Bunny Hunter.

About Gustav...

Spoiler

Gustav's quotes show us that, despite being a "fallen unit", he still has his consciousness of King of Askr. ""For our people!"  and ""Know the strength of Askr!"  show us that despite being a enemy unit, he fights for his kindgom. Also, he kinda shares a Special attack quote with Alfonse. Alfonse says "I'll open the way!" , and Gustav says ""To open the way!".

When Gustav becomes playable, I expect his normal version and not the fallen version, with his original color palette, and it's guaranteed of having the same special quotes.

In the datamine, we can see some of Gustav's stats that wil be used in modes like Chain Challenge and Squad Assault, and he has 42 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def and 22 Res, with 162 BST, the first 160+ cavalry unit. He ends with 56 Atk. I expect the same stats or similar when he becomes playable. I expected low Spd, because his weapon has a guaranteed follow-up against melee foes.

It will be interesting if Henriette shares at least one Special Attack quote with Sharena.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Really? I see a ton. Do you mind if I ask what arena level you're at? Brave bow is the most common, just because it's more accessible, but FS is definitely number 2. The random ones I see with Mulagir always just seemed like the person hadn't gotten around to giving her something more useful.

I hover between 19 and 20, 21 this week. Still definitely disagree, FS is definitely not #2 from what I see.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So

Hide contents

Does this mean they still have their own will? Or are they just delusional? As in Hel is letting them think they're fighting for a glorious cause, when he is just her toy?

Spoiler

That's a good  point. It' will probably be like Fates, when Corrin and allies were fighting a group of Faceless but in the end they discover that they are killing innocent villagers, thanks to Iago's illusion. He will probably think that is fighting any other type of enemy, and not the Askran Army. This can be a easy solution for why he is a enemy unit but still uses his "good guy" quotes.

30 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About Gustav...

Reveal hidden contents

Gustav quotes show us that, despite being a "fallen unit", he still has his consciousness of King of Askr. ""For our people!"  and ""Know the strength of Askr!"  show us that despite being a enemy unit, he fights for his kindgom. Also, he kinda shares a Special attack quote with Alfonse. Alfonse says "I'll open the way!" , and Gustav says ""To open the way!".

When Gustav becomes playable, I expect his normal version and not the fallen version, with his original color palette, and it's guaranteed of having the same special quotes.

In the datamine, we can see some of Gustav's stats that will used for modes like Chain Challenge and Squad Assault, and he has 42 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def and 22 Res, with 162 BST, the first 160+ cavalry unit. He ends with 56 Atk. I expect the same stats or similar when he becomes playable. I expected low Spd, because his weapon has a guaranteed follow-up against melee foes.

It will be interesting if Henriette shares at least one Special Attack quote with Sharena.

Interesting.

I'm guessing his main summoning pool version will be the version we see here, including the appearance, but that he'll also get a living alt, probably a seasonal one like with the recent NY and Valentine's banners.

37 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I hover between 19 and 20, 21 this week. Still definitely disagree, FS is definitely not #2 from what I see.

Huh, I'm about the same and all I ever see is FS or Brave.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About Gustav...

Hide contents

Gustav's quotes show us that, despite being a "fallen unit", he still has his consciousness of King of Askr. ""For our people!"  and ""Know the strength of Askr!"  show us that despite being a enemy unit, he fights for his kindgom. Also, he kinda shares a Special attack quote with Alfonse. Alfonse says "I'll open the way!" , and Gustav says ""To open the way!".

In the datamine, we can see some of Gustav's stats that wil be used in modes like Chain Challenge and Squad Assault, and he has 42 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def and 22 Res, with 162 BST, the first 160+ cavalry unit. He ends with 56 Atk. I expect the same stats or similar when he becomes playable. I expected low Spd, because his weapon has a guaranteed follow-up against melee foes.

Oh, here I was thinking you were talking about the Thracia villain called Gustav (who actually gets way less focus in the story that one would expect for the guy directly oppressing Leif's kingdom).

@bottlegnomes and the others who answered my question, thanks for the help! I wish I had access to Special Spiral lol, might give it to him as soon as I get it (only Lewyn though, Keaton is friend not food). Will go for Chill Spd for now I think then, do still have two Fallen Celica pity breakers I won't do anything else with so won't have to kill Panne. Would like to merge her at least once and the third is gonna be Def Smoke food for Keaton. Chill Spd will probably be more useful for me anyway as I mostly use Klein in Arena so he'll help the Bonus Unit too. Thanks again!

Edited by Mau

12 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Does Gustav use different art as a "fallen" Gustav?

Was that found in the datamine?

Spoiler

Gustav (Version 3.0 update)                               "Fallen" Gustav (Version 3.3 update)

jUuUbitl.png zBsm3xQl.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan