• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did not expect to generate this kind of discussion with my worst case scenario option. That was not mean super seriously.

Apparently there was an interview with this game's directors recently. Some translated highlights.

Mostly generic to me, although they explained why they added Dragonflowers. I wonder what ideas they have in mind for adding a "social aspect" to this game?

Trading Pokemon...er, I mean, trading Heroes with people. Hearing everybody suddenly convinced the game is wrapping up content additions, it does beg the question what "Fire Emblem Heroes shutting down" actually entails. The way I see it, the servers would stay up, you can still turn in your weekly PvP runs, they'll probably re-run all events that have dialogue (but still allow you to earn those rewards again). And banners will probably be pretty good, but never involve new characters. And also the ability to trade around units. I feel like that could be the game's final gasp of air in terms of play and spending orbs , letting people log on to join trade threads in hopes of finishing +10 merge projects of rare units. And the act of trading no doubt would have an exorbitant orb cost. Heck Pokemon GO is only halfway through adding all the pokemon and it just added its trading system.

Come to think of it...they may make it so that you can only trade combat manuals rather than units.

Edited by Glennstavos

The only rationale I can think of for reducing orbs is they want to make more “temporary” rewards, like the ticket system and the random seasonals, rather than orbs that can be boarded indefinitely. Though why they don’t just replace orbs with tickets or something else of equivalent value is beyond me.

Ah for fucks sake, I forgot it was daylight savings time shift.

Least the starting time that events start are actually the day they are meant to start now, as opposed to the day before at 11 pm PST.

...well, for PST peeps anyways. No comment for anyone on the other side of the time zone.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, calling FE big even today is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. At the very least, it’s maybe grown to be about on par with Kirby in regards to popularity.

Truly big would be Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, none of which FE will ever come close to matching in popularity.

Right. I mean that it's one of the more well known ones at least. There are so many representatives in Smash anyways that you'd be hard pressed to not know what Fire Emblem is

So Tap Battle gives no orbs at all now? Compared to last Tap Battle we lost 6 orbs, adding to a total of 11 of orb reduction as reward just this month.

9 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Might be the way the calendar is arranged but it doesn't look like there's much going on. 

It's probably because that empty space in the lower left. But if we compare to the previous calendar, it's kinda empty... Also, why Tap Battle isn't in the new calendar?

Spoiler

feb-mar-2019-calendar.jpg

img_20190311.png

11 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The only rationale I can think of for reducing orbs is they want to make more “temporary” rewards, like the ticket system and the random seasonals, rather than orbs that can be boarded indefinitely. Though why they don’t just replace orbs with tickets or something else of equivalent value is beyond me.

that's an idea.  I keep thinking maybe they are slowly removing the orbs, because they are creating something that will have those orbs in that mode. someone did the math, and we're going to get (if you claim EVERYTHING) - 275 orbs give or take - that's if you are 21 in arena which is the lowest number F2P has gotten since November 2017.  and while the orbs suck - I don't think it would even be that bad - if the (i hope temporarily) replacement were something useful. Grails, Dew, Coins, Rocks,Feathers SOMETHING. But i mean. who needs Universal Crystals? 

and I think maybe that's the rub. like it's not even being replaced by something that could be at least useful. (or more useful, because i am sure the crystals have their moments but i don't know what it is). 

for someone who missed the older accessories, i'm glad we had an encore, but i had thought we'd also be able to get the EX versions of those. (nope), but hey something is better than nothing there and this is somethingi i've been asking for a while so i should say thanks for that.  

- if they are simply reducing f2P orbs  - then i am also going to let them know that I won't be buying any more orb packs. I have given money (sometimes more than than i actually intended on spending),  - to use on banners - to help supplement the orbs that we got - (and theoretically, a bit easier to save for me), because i was like okay i know we have this much - if i carry over THAT much - and get say 2 packs, then i can spend a little bit more orbs, when a good banner comes along, without feeling too pressured. and I also do think, that from time to time, it's a good things for those even if they are f2p to give a little something to the game because (annoying or whatever) - they are gracious with orbs enough to let us summon on either A Banner - or at least several throughout the month. (within budget per se). 

but i don't think i'll be buying orbs to "round out" the number as it will. and i know a lot of people who feel the same way about that. 
I don't think i want to write them feedback until after we see what's coming up in April. - but the calendar does look mighty sparse anyway, so i might end up doing it at the end of the month. 

-----

or - just thinking about it. 
Maybe because we've had so many months (well 2-3) having over 350 - it's balancing out the next two months, then it will be a bit more even. 

Edited by daisy jane

Normally i'd like to give IS the benefit of the doubt regarding this tap battle. That its just a rerun so new people can get all the accesories they might have missed. This tap battle would be the ony one that gives now orbs. But even if that is the case then the timing is just bad. After cutting free to play orbs its not a good idea to cut even more free to play orbs.

Also it comes at a really bad time for me too. Normally I always keep a small reserve of orbs, but this month is the exception for me.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's probably because that empty space in the lower left. But if we compare to the previous calendar, it's kinda empty... Also, why Tap Battle isn't in the new calendar?

There's also that piece under 4/5 in the mid-upper right section of the image. Maybe I've just been spoiled by decently packed calendars that this one feels a bit underwhelming despite having the usual events.

Edited by Flying Shogi

39 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

There's also that piece under 4/5 in the mid-upper right section of the image. Maybe I've just been spoiled by decently packed calendars that this one feels a bit underwhelming despite having the usual events.

I think part of it is the fact that it's missing the Beyond Darkness banner, the Forging Bonds event, and the Tap Battle event, all three of which fell into the abyss between the end of the previous calendar and the start of the current calendar, meaning we end up with an empty-looking left side on the current calendar.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think part of it is the fact that it's missing the Beyond Darkness banner, the Forging Bonds event, and the Tap Battle event, all three of which fell into the abyss between the end of the previous calendar and the start of the current calendar, meaning we end up with an empty-looking left side on the current calendar.

When those are added in, it does fill out better. There probably are the same number of events as normal (minus some of the anniversary items).

16 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I've got just 20K feathers, and I have to choose between...Rutger and Fir as my next promotion. Ha. Haha...sorry Fir. This is some deja vu eh?

Sorta. From what I've read of Binding Hard Mode, Rutger is autolocked into the first Hero Crest for 8x sanity's sake, the person Fir is snubbing here is either Dieck, Gonzalez, Ogier, or Geese. None of whom are sadly in this game yet.

5 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm really happy with this build, if only because he can do this

giphy.gif

Beautiful, Rutger doing what he does best- being a boss-slaya. Although to be fair, Zephiel has brought an undersized Exaccus compared to its real self.

21 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Fivefold Summon Tickets would arguably be better for IS's bottom line than the tickets we presently get. If you don't want everyone on a banner, or if a banner lacks full color representation, then a Fivefold would be worse than individual Tickets for a player. Since if you get 1 Green and 4 non-Green Orbs, and you specifically want a Focus's Green character and no one else, you are only getting one instead of possibly 4-5 Green summons, and each of those non-Green orbs can give you a pity breaker who thus weakens your chance at your desired character.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, DLNarshen said:

First stage has some coins, but otherwise expect to receive mostly shards and crystals.  No orbs anywhere, and the accessories aren't new either.

I complained about BHB reruns in the past, but at least those give some orbs.  This is just pointless.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, Icelerate said:

BHB reruns were great because new players including myself missed a lot of them. 

In addition to @Icelerate's piont, it was nice for those of us who'd gotten the character because it was at least another merge. Even now with how scarce grails are, characters who had a rerun or two save a massive amount of grails. Hypothetically speaking and provided I'm getting the numbers right, if I wanted to merge Xander and Michalis to +10 and had gotten the max number of both, Michalis's reruns would save me about 11 weeks or 2.5 months of grails (tier 19/30-50K range because fuck that mode).

19 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I've got just 20K feathers, and I have to choose between...Rutger and Fir as my next promotion. Ha. Haha...sorry Fir. This is some deja vu eh?

Legitimate question, why? Rutger may have a better statline, but Fir's weapon is good enough to make up any disadvantage, especially if you can spare them a wrath. If it's a personal preference thing, then disregard my question. Just seemed like a performance thing based on the comparison to FE6.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fivefold Summon Tickets would arguably be better for IS's bottom line than the tickets we presently get. If you don't want everyone on a banner, or if a banner lacks full color representation, then a Fivefold would be worse than individual Tickets for a player. Since if you get 1 Green and 4 non-Green Orbs, and you specifically want a Focus's Green character and no one else, you are only getting one instead of possibly 4-5 Green summons, and each of those non-Green orbs can give you a pity breaker who thus weakens your chance at your desired character.

The place where summon tickets really shine is getting people into the session. A 5-fold ticket would just be more incentive for the person to do a full pull and stop. The way they currently are, they're setup so you go in expecting to use just the free summon, but then oh hey, there's another green orb, and really, what's 4 more orbs since you already basically got 5 for free? Repeat 4 times and you're down 16+ orbs that you weren't intending. That more than makes up for any pity breaks that might occur with 5 free summons.

Edited by bottlegnomes

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Legitimate question, why? Rutger may have a better statline, but Fir's weapon is good enough to make up any disadvantage, especially if you can spare them a wrath. If it's a personal preference thing, then disregard my question. Just seemed like a performance thing based on the comparison to FE6.

Fir's been waiting for a promotion for a while. In fact, she was the last of the FE6 units in Heroes I can possibly promote, and was next on my mental list before Rutger showed up. And I just thought it was funny that, once again, I had chosen Rutger over Fir in a Fire Emblem game. But it's not a performance thing in the context of Heroes. I've got more units built up than I know what to do with. Fir's promotion will come soon, I'm sure.

Edited by Glennstavos

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Fir's been waiting for a promotion for a while. In fact, she was the last of the FE6 units in Heroes I can possibly promote, and was next on my mental list before Rutger showed up. And I just thought it was funny that, once again, I had chosen Rutger over Fir in a Fire Emblem game. But it's not a performance thing in the context of Heroes. I've got more units built up than I know what to do with. Fir's promotion will come soon, I'm sure.

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry if that came across as rude or anything.

10 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

In addition to @Icelerate's piont, it was nice for those of us who'd gotten the character because it was at least another merge. Even now with how scarce grails are, characters who had a rerun or two save a massive amount of grails. Hypothetically speaking and provided I'm getting the numbers right, if I wanted to merge Xander and Michalis to +10 and had gotten the max number of both, Michalis's reruns would save me about 11 weeks or 2.5 months of grails (tier 19/30-50K range because fuck that mode).

He was talking about BHB reruns, not GHB reruns. 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:42 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, why Tap Battle isn't in the new calendar?

I imagine because it started before the new calendar released. From what I noticed, once an event starts between a new calendar and the old one, they usually don't put it on the new calendar. 

19 hours ago, Johann said:

rutger1.thumb.jpg.7512845968d2e7147cd734abe0567d07.jpg

I'm really happy with this build, if only because he can do this

giphy.gif

I saw people saying he'd be good with Null Follow-Up, cool to actually see someone do it~

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I saw people saying he'd be good with Null Follow-Up, cool to actually see someone do it~

Anyone with decent to good speed is good with null follow-up. It basically demolishes floodgates

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Pretty much anyone fast with good defenses (since you miss out on Desperation) makes use of Null Follow-Up. It's just hard to get.

hmmm...debating if I should build Shigure as a 4*+10 or go full in as a 5*+10 project? I can get his Harmonic Lance+ from an off-banner one that I pulled, but I don't know if I want to put him on the project list. I've already got Naesala, the Robins, Seth, and Titania waiting on feathers/grails.