Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I hope they start demoting skills on some of the older units. I haven't seen certain skills in months because I haven't pulled a certain color. With the 3/4 star pool growing larger, it's only going to get worse especially when someone decides to merge that unit. Hopefully they address this issue soon.

Yes this.  There are a lot of really godlike anti meta skills out there like null follow up and null disrupt, but hey hard for most people to get a hold of one of those.  Admittedly those are quite new but it takes forever for skills to get added to lower rarity.  Swift sparrow, well you have to sack one of the best grail units to get it, otherwise still not available at 5 stars.  Even though it has been out forever and been outclassed.  QR3 still costs 20k feathers to inherit, I mean can we get this common skill at 4 star maybe?   They are releasing more and more powerful units and/or skills and then releasing hard counters to those units and/or skills but of course it is all 5 star locked.  One can get around it without those but it is much much more difficult and much more inconvenient.  The nature of gacha, but it wasn't nearly as bad earlier in the game.

Also Aether raid thread exists should discussion go there?  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's no more winning than the derided "you make 100% of the shots you don't take".

I know, which is why I wasn’t being remotely serious with that first statement it was meant to be a jape. I win nothing here aside from maybe getting less bullshit to deal with in a given week.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm coming to a point where I can't win Aether raids anymore. And that's stupid. I should be able to win plenty just fine. But now I'm running into too many Dumas and Surtrs. One Duma solo'd my entire team, literally. Mainly because he was somehow healing a ridiculous amount of HP every turn. And I can't stand ridiculous defense map setups like locking one or more of your party in a corner behind a bunch of objects/traps. This is extremely annoying and often results in a loss because it takes too many turns to get there.

I always bring in my best units + a bonus unit, btw. So can someone explain to me how it's at all possible to reach tiers higher than like 16 if you don't have/use Duma or Surtr yourself?

I think at the very least, the turn limit should be removed. Why is it even there when other modes like arena don't have this?

I made it to T19, my core team is Camilla/Adrift Camilla/Summer Camilla/Airzura/X seasonal.  Moral of the story is: use Camilla. Often.  The more the merrier.  #Lindy

50 minutes ago, Xenovia said:

I made it to T19, my core team is Camilla/Adrift Camilla/Summer Camilla/Airzura/X seasonal.  Moral of the story is: use Camilla. Often.  The more the merrier.  #Lindy

No thanks. I'm a Camilla hater. And even if I wasn't, I don't even have any Camillas. Not even the hot spring one as I turned her into fodder.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yes this.  There are a lot of really godlike anti meta skills out there like null follow up and null disrupt, but hey hard for most people to get a hold of one of those.  Admittedly those are quite new but it takes forever for skills to get added to lower rarity. 

They are releasing more and more powerful units and/or skills and then releasing hard counters to those units and/or skills but of course it is all 5 star locked. One can get around it without those but it is much much more difficult and much more inconvenient.

There are people like me who don't believe in pulling for 5 star exclusive skill fodder so I'm limited in the skills that I can build my units with. I'm fine for the most part as I'm not a super competitive player but I can definitely see it being a problem for someone who is. 

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Even though it has been out forever and been outclassed.  QR3 still costs 20k feathers to inherit, I mean can we get this common skill at 4 star maybe? 

I really hope they do this for useful skills like QR and Hone Fliers. It's been 2 years and these still require extra resources outside of summoning to inherit them onto other units. Some skills like Fury, Desperation, Hone/Fortify [stat] already have a decent distribution so a skill demotion would be fantastic. Just imagine, we can get Fury 3 and Death Blow 3 from 3 colors and Serra can be used for Hone Attack 3.  

Edited by Flying Shogi

Hmm, after recently getting Reyson, I just noticed how Fortify Beast is a 5* skill, this should be the first time that both Hone and Fortify "InsertGroupHere" have been 5*-locked since initial dragon buffs, I think. This is a shame, as I really like to build synergistic teams with their respective buffs, but I don't feel like putting both Reyson and Leanne in my future Beast team, nor like spending 20k each time a rare Reyson copy appears just to give the rest their buffs. Guess I'll have to wait for a Kana-like unit to come along and demote at least one of the skills.

As for some of the other discussions here, give me a FEH channel, IS, spring is looking really bland at the moment. A bit of spice is needed before I kill myself over Aether Raid.

Glad they decided to make the new power banner this way, any temptation for getting the last 4 merges of Sonya are gone. At least for this banner.

Edited by Stroud

Hm... not only IntSys removed the orbs from completing floors, but also not new quest tab appeared today and no indication that we will receive Extra Stages tomorrow. Tap Battle became the way to rerun  accessories, and I didn't like this change. At least IntSys could change the hot springs animation to something like the heroes finding a treasure chest and inside it have some orbs...

I hope IntSys don't reduce the amount of orbs from Tempest Trials too!

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

and no indication that we will receive Extra Stages tomorrow.

This is a rerun of the first Tap Battle before Extra Stages existed. There won't be any Extra Stages. If there were going to be Extra Stages, you'd see the yellow button for them on the first screen even before they are available.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is a rerun of the first Tap Battle before Extra Stages existed. There won't be any Extra Stages. If there were going to be Extra Stages, you'd see the yellow button for them on the first screen even before they are available.

Oh! To be fair, I didn't notice that this Tap Battle is a rerun of the first Tap Battle.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

On the subject of the Tap Battle, I think it would have been better if they had rerun the current Tap Battle alongside running a brand new Tap Battle event.

Tap Battles themselves don't particularly take a long time for a player to complete, so having two at the same time shouldn't really be much of an issue. This would also stave off the complaints of losing rewards and such.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the subject of the Tap Battle, I think it would have been better if they had rerun the current Tap Battle alongside running a brand new Tap Battle event.

Tap Battles themselves don't particularly take a long time for a player to complete, so having two at the same time shouldn't really be much of an issue. This would also stave off the complaints of losing rewards and such.

This is a good idea, I agree.

On another note, not sure what B skill to give Linus. I recently made him 5 star lv. 40 and a B skill is all he really needs now.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, not sure what B skill to give Linus. I recently made him 5 star lv. 40 and a B skill is all he really needs now.

Desperation is a good option on a budget since it pairs with his default Brazen Atk/Spd well.

There's also the more niche Pavise build that uses Shield Pulse in the B slot:

Linus [=] (Basilikos [unique], Life and Death 3, Shield Pulse 3, Heavy Blade 3 / Flashing Blade 3)

If you have some of the rarer skills, Wrath and Null Follow-Up are both good on him, as well. Chill Spd also works.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Desperation is a good option on a budget since it pairs with his default Brazen Atk/Spd well.

There's also the more niche Pavise build that uses Shield Pulse in the B slot:

Linus [=] (Basilikos [unique], Life and Death 3, Shield Pulse 3, Heavy Blade 3 / Flashing Blade 3)

If you have some of the rarer skills, Wrath and Null Follow-Up are both good on him, as well. Chill Spd also works.

I ran out of Desperation fodder recently. Ugh. I think I actually have a Nephenee combat manual though. Thanks!

Btw, Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are A skills, not C skills. The seals are fair game though.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Btw, Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are A skills, not C skills. The seals are fair game though.

In the Sacred Seal slot. I usually drop the C slot in my builds since they're usually dependent on the unit's teammates.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the Sacred Seal slot. I usually drop the C slot in my builds since they're usually dependent on the unit's teammates.

Oh okay then, makes sense.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

When I used Linus as a Arena bonus unit, I used him with Threaten Def, which I believe it's a good and cheap pick.

That's a C, not a B. And it's too late now, I already gave him Wrath.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I no longer play Tap Battle, so I'd be quite happy for them to move all of its orbs to other modes.

I agree that it'd be better if they were to do that. Tap Battle being only a source of accessories and other minor or cosmetic rewards is the best thing they can do with it. I do hope we're not seeing a permanent drop in consistent orb rewards though.

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I no longer play Tap Battle, so I'd be quite happy for them to move all of its orbs to other modes.

If they move the orbs to other modes that would be fine, since I only played tap battle for the orbs anyway.  I am just hoping that they aren't removing orbs from GC and TT because otherwise I will be one unhappy player. 

I honestly believe they've given up putting effort into this game.  I can't think of anything interesting being put into this game in a while.  To me, it seems they've decided to just release banners which they believe will net the most spending, and then coast on the rest.  They're just pivoting toward Three Houses, and FEH was a stopgap between the major series games.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, Wrath is a amazing skill for the B-Slot. Linus will use it pretty well.

Yep. :) I've somehow pulled several Nephenees, so I've got Wrath on Brave Ike and a couple other peeps as well.