Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, I could use advice in coming up with good strategies for tough battles. I seem to be just fine at coming up with good builds for units a lot of the time, but I am not nearly as good at actually making super strong teams and strategies to take down a lot of tough maps. The only team I have that's actually been able to conquer a lot for me is my main horse team (Hrid, Freddy, Reinhardt, legendary Ephraim), but I've never really been able to clear stuff like LHBs/MHBs and certain GHBs/BHBs with them. I need more teams that work really well together besides them, it seems. And if possible, also more teams and strategies that revolve around Freddy Bear and GD Ike or RD Ike since they're my favorites. Freddy is also my best tank and a +10 unit.

I think it's less about having a fixed team and more about what roles different units can cover. It might help to think about what weakness one unit has, and then finding a unit to generally (but not strictly) pair them with in most situations. Freddy and Reinhardt, for instance, somewhat mirrors my own Freddy and Ursula combo (using Hammer and Blarwolf), as they cover not just color weaknesses, but baiting different damage types (Fred's impressive Def and Ursula's respectable Spd/Res).

I was gonna type up some more examples with similar characters you and I both like, but I'm heading out to dinner so I'll have to do it later

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

I think it's less about having a fixed team and more about what roles different units can cover. It might help to think about what weakness one unit has, and then finding a unit to generally (but not strictly) pair them with in most situations. Freddy and Reinhardt, for instance, somewhat mirrors my own Freddy and Ursula combo (using Hammer and Blarwolf), as they cover not just color weaknesses, but baiting different damage types (Fred's impressive Def and Ursula's respectable Spd/Res).

I was gonna type up some more examples with similar characters you and I both like, but I'm heading out to dinner so I'll have to do it later

Yeah, I don't want to have just one fixed team. I mean, I'd love to considering what Thor Odinson/Lumi can do with the one single team she uses all the time. lol But I'm not the same kind of player, so yeah. And I see. My Freddy uses an enemy phase build that makes the most use of his Def. He runs Slaying Axe+ with Ignis, Sturdy Stance, and QR. I actually haven't had him use his Hammer in ages, but I probably ought to consider it sometimes since armor-effective weapons are kinda hard to come by and the Hammer is one of the only green ones.

I've started training my newcomers from this morning. Azura, Lucina, Bruno, and Elise don't make for the most coherent team, but they're a lot of fun regardless.

I'm now in the process of training up my new Karla, Azura, and Yune!
On a similar topic does anyone have any idea what I can do with a spare Lewyn other than merge him? I already have a great IV Lewyn and while I would like to do merges for him I'm not sure if his skills could suit someone else better.

53 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

On a similar topic does anyone have any idea what I can do with a spare Lewyn other than merge him? I already have a great IV Lewyn and while I would like to do merges for him I'm not sure if his skills could suit someone else better.

save Lewyn for Ophelia

5 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

don't they call those ponchos?

Ponchos usually have a shorter side region for the arms and aren't just a free falling circle.

44 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yune's dress has no armholes, so it's basically a skirt she's wearing like a dress.

To be fair, she is a goddess with the powers to shapeshift into a bird and also flood the world. I don't think her attire in humanoid form, both manifested purely from magical energies, need be practical.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ponchos usually have a shorter side region for the arms and aren't just a free falling circle.

I'm pretty sure it still counts as a poncho.

Legendary Tiki has the same thing except that it has a slit on either side of the front to let her arms through when she doesn't have it draped over them (and looks to be made of heavier cloth).

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't want to have just one fixed team. I mean, I'd love to considering what Thor Odinson/Lumi can do with the one single team she uses all the time. lol But I'm not the same kind of player, so yeah. And I see. My Freddy uses an enemy phase build that makes the most use of his Def. He runs Slaying Axe+ with Ignis, Sturdy Stance, and QR. I actually haven't had him use his Hammer in ages, but I probably ought to consider it sometimes since armor-effective weapons are kinda hard to come by and the Hammer is one of the only green ones.

Since I'm using Fred in AR (Astra season, anyway, since I don't wanna give him a Light Blessing) and AA, the hammer has been the way to go. The funny thing about giving him Fury as well is that he can tank Tibarn of all people, due to not being at full health, and managing to get enough Spd to avoid being doubled. He wouldn't kill Tibarn like your Fred could (assuming yours was below 100% HP but above 80%), but being able to take out those super defensive armor teams is invaluable. Also I gave him Glimmer; unlike yours which is designed to ruin even sword users, mine is all about taking out armors in a single shot (including the reds occasionally). Wary Fighter and Ward Armor are no match for a guy who does 100+ damage. Ursula can take care of the annoying reds for him too, so it works out.

One thing I was gonna mention earlier was that I pair Hrid up with Clarine (Wind Blessed). Of course, any healer (preferably mounted) would do, but overall it works out well if it's someone who can help him out by giving him whatever buffs you prefer, heals, and put debuffs on foes for him.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Since I'm using Fred in AR (Astra season, anyway, since I don't wanna give him a Light Blessing) and AA, the hammer has been the way to go. The funny thing about giving him Fury as well is that he can tank Tibarn of all people, due to not being at full health, and managing to get enough Spd to avoid being doubled. He wouldn't kill Tibarn like your Fred could (assuming yours was below 100% HP but above 80%), but being able to take out those super defensive armor teams is invaluable. Also I gave him Glimmer; unlike yours which is designed to ruin even sword users, mine is all about taking out armors in a single shot (including the reds occasionally). Wary Fighter and Ward Armor are no match for a guy who does 100+ damage. Ursula can take care of the annoying reds for him too, so it works out.

One thing I was gonna mention earlier was that I pair Hrid up with Clarine (Wind Blessed). Of course, any healer (preferably mounted) would do, but overall it works out well if it's someone who can help him out by giving him whatever buffs you prefer, heals, and put debuffs on foes for him.

I use Rein to take out annoying reds like you have Ursula do, yeah. I have Bunny Palla to deal with armors though. She deletes Surtr and some other green and red armors while the blue ones can easily fall to Rein or Freddy.

Hrid with a mounted healer sounds like a good idea, but my only ones are NY Laevatein, Elise, Priscilla, and Ethlyn. Will any of them work? I'd prefer to use Elise.

4 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Special Spiral can work as a substitute for Wrath if you have anyone that'd like that. Someone with either Wo weapon and SS or a Slaying weapon and a 3 CD special.

Swift Sparrow is a pretty solid skill too, but there are plenty of other units that have it, unlike Special Spiral, so I don't know if I'd suggest going for that given the option.

Edited by bottlegnomes

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I use Rein to take out annoying reds like you have Ursula do, yeah. I have Bunny Palla to deal with armors though. She deletes Surtr and some other green and red armors while the blue ones can easily fall to Rein or Freddy.

Hrid with a mounted healer sounds like a good idea, but my only ones are NY Laevatein, Elise, Priscilla, and Ethlyn. Will any of them work? I'd prefer to use Elise.

Any of them work, just gotta be aware of what they can and can't do. Elise has great offense, but she's frail which I'm not crazy about personally. I like Clarine cuz she's a favorite from Binding Blade, and she's resilient with garbage Atk, but Hrid's strong enough to do all the damage anyway. I do pair Elise with Legendary Ephraim though, which doesn't help in terms of blessing stat boosts but at least the two of them have good offenses so it's ok. Clarine I use for more modes though, especially GC, where Elise more for AA.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Any of them work, just gotta be aware of what they can and can't do. Elise has great offense, but she's frail which I'm not crazy about personally. I like Clarine cuz she's a favorite from Binding Blade, and she's resilient with garbage Atk, but Hrid's strong enough to do all the damage anyway. I do pair Elise with Legendary Ephraim though, which doesn't help in terms of blessing stat boosts but at least the two of them have good offenses so it's ok. Clarine I use for more modes though, especially GC, where Elise more for AA.

Oh, of course I'm aware of what they can and can't do. And okay, though since Clarine acts like too much of a brat for my liking as far as I've seen, I've never bothered with her. But if you like her, cool.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, of course I'm aware of what they can and can't do. And okay, though since Clarine acts like too much of a brat for my liking as far as I've seen, I've never bothered with her. But if you like her, cool.

I like her sass, especially in her supports in Binding Blade. Anyway yeah the effects from staves are an incredible help. Try him out with this support in mind, like see how he does in some GHBs or whatever. The nice thing about Elise is that Gravity is a great staff in almost any situation, so you don't have to go foddering off 5* healers to make her usable (like I did with Clarine haha)

Unrelated, but just did an AR battle against some armors, Fred took out a full health +10 Halloween Myrrh (doubling her with his hammer) without needing to debuffing her or anything. So satisfying.

7 hours ago, Johann said:

I like her sass, especially in her supports in Binding Blade. Anyway yeah the effects from staves are an incredible help. Try him out with this support in mind, like see how he does in some GHBs or whatever. The nice thing about Elise is that Gravity is a great staff in almost any situation, so you don't have to go foddering off 5* healers to make her usable (like I did with Clarine haha)

Yeah, Gravity is nice to have, I needed it to clear Grima Robin Abyssal. I also later invested in a Pain+ healer, which for me is Mist. I didn't mind foddering a 5 star Azama to her, Azama sucks. :P

7 hours ago, Johann said:

Unrelated, but just did an AR battle against some armors, Fred took out a full health +10 Halloween Myrrh (doubling her with his hammer) without needing to debuffing her or anything. So satisfying.

That's cool! I also find it satisfying myself whenever my Freddy takes out guys like Ikes, Zelgius, and BK and comes away with next to zero damage taken. lol

Did they take Fjorm out of the Arena bonus unit rotation?  I was looking forward to having a decent chance at actually scoring well for a couple weeks.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Did they take Fjorm out of the Arena bonus unit rotation?  I was looking forward to having a decent chance at actually scoring well for a couple weeks.

If I'm not mistaken, they started doing legendary bonus rotation, and she'll probably be there.

I'm not an artistic person but Yune's right hand in her neutral stance looks a bit awkward to me; the palm looks like it doesn't concave in enough. I have heard that hands are hard to draw so I'm not sure if that's a valid "critique".

Edited by Flying Shogi

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like she may no longer be with the Askr Trio, but she should rotate in as a Legendary.

31 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm not an artistic person but Yune's right hand in her neutral stance looks a bit awkward to me; the palm looks like it doesn't concave in enough. I have heard that hands are hard to draw so I'm not sure if that's a valid "critique".

I can verify that hands are pretty hard to draw, most people try to find ways around having to draw them. That said, Yune's hand didn't strike me as unusual but I kinda see what you mean

39 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Just because something's difficult doesn't mean criticisms of it are invalid. Don't be a wimp. Why else do you think doctors work in constant fear of malpractice suits?

Is anyone else getting as curbstomped on the new Fire Garden map as I am? Just the first map is insane.

Seriously, against 5 units all with inflated HP and good luck using any armors to bait because the Cavalier has an Armorslayer. I'm not seeing how this is even beatable.

Edited by Sentinel07

54 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Is anyone else getting as curbstomped on the new Fire Garden map as I am? Just the first map is insane.

Seriously, against 5 units all with inflated HP and good luck using any armors to bait because the Cavalier has an Armorslayer. I'm not seeing how this is even beatable.

You don't need to bait them. They move from the first turn.