Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sain: Overconfident? Who’s overconfident? I know this isn’t going to be easy… But I’ll not let that shake me. After all, I’m not alone. I’ve got you. And you’ve got me, right? Right?
Kent: Yeah, you’re right.
Sain: So let’s get riding, shall we? And watch my back, partner!
Kent: Of course, my friend! With honor.

Ah, one of the cool moments where Sain shows his more serious side. This is why I love him, he appears to just be a scoundrel, but he's honestly way more honorable than that when you see how he reacts in certain situations. :) The battle conversation with Lundgren is the best example, as he's defending both his honor and Kent's! Of course, Sain is also just really funny sometimes. lol

When's Sain gonna be in Heroes, IS?! And Kent for that matter. I'm kinda surprised it's taken this long to get more Christmas cavs in. Kieran, Sain, Kent, Forde, Kyle, etc. are all still missing. D: Even if they all wield similar weapons and would be the same movement type, they're still rather iconic. And Oscar without Kieran this long feels wrong. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually I think you've motivated me to find end lines that could be misconstrued the same way. The most obvious one coming to mind is:

If I wasn't incapacitated when this thread was made, I would have pointed out this gem in chapter 14 Hector Mode:

Hector:
“Oswin. You will take back those words.”

Oswin:
“Lord Hector, I appreciate your feelings…”

Hector:
“I know Eliwood’s father very well. I’m telling you that he is a man worthy of our trust. You are in my service! Do you not feel you should follow my orders?”

Oswin:
“……”

Hector:
“Heed my words, Oswin. You are my brother’s vassal. Your duties to guard me come second to this. Return to Ostia, Oswin. You’ve done your duty. …..Thank you.”

Oswin:
“…..My remarks about Marquess Pherae were improper. I apologize completely.”

Hector:
“Oswin? Stop! That’s enough! You need not bend your knee to me!”

Oswin:
“My lord, I would swear my service to you.

Hector:
“Service…to me?”

Oswin:
“Please accept my lance as your own. Then return it with your blessings.

Hector:
“Oswin, you…”

Oswin:
“I am a knight in service to Castle Ostia. Until now, I have only offered my lance to Lord Uther. Yet…I now wish to offer you that same service. Please grant me that honor.”

Hector:
“Oswin…”

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

pls don't remind me how many armor knights need to be added to Heroes. It's too painful.

Have some Pain+ :P::

1. Roger
  2. Dolph
  3. Macellan
  4. Lorenz
  5. Horace
  6. Hannibal
  7. Dalsin
  8. Xavier
  9. Bors
  10. Barthe
  11. Douglas
  12. Wallace
  13. Oswin
  14. Gilliam
  15. Fado (and I'll mention Vigarde the "villain" here too)
  16. Gatrie
  17. Brom
  18. Tauroneo
  19. Meg
  20. Kellam
  21. Kjelle
  22. Benny
  23. Ignatius
  24. Valbar

And Bryce, Jiol, Lang, Raydrik, Murdock, Leptor, and Lombard.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that still isn’t all of the NPC armor knights either. There’s also Desaix, Chagall, Danann, Bloom, Lundgren, Arcard, Roartz, Darin, Ludveck, that one Begnion general who’ll piss his pants at the sight of laguz, Cervantes, and possibly others that slipped my mind.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have some Pain+ :P::

1. Roger
  2. Dolph
  3. Macellan
  4. Lorenz
  5. Horace
  6. Hannibal
  7. Dalsin
  8. Xavier
  9. Bors
  10. Barthe
  11. Douglas
  12. Wallace
  13. Oswin
  14. Gilliam
  15. Fado (and I'll mention Vigarde the "villain" here too)
  16. Gatrie
  17. Brom
  18. Tauroneo
  19. Meg
  20. Kellam
  21. Kjelle
  22. Benny
  23. Ignatius
  24. Valbar

At the rate the game is adding in new armoured units, how long until at least half of them are added? 

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

At the rate the game is adding in new seasonal armoured units, how long until at least half of them are added? 

fixed that for you. As much as I'm one of the few that fully enjoys the seasonals, I'm tired of them making almost half of them armor-type. I'd like to get Kellam, Oswin, and Ignatius at some point in the game's life. Considering that two of those are Fates/Awakening, but unpopular, it doesn't seem likely.

21 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

fixed that for you. As much as I'm one of the few that fully enjoys the seasonals, I'm tired of them making almost half of them armor-type. I'd like to get Kellam, Oswin, and Ignatius at some point in the game's life. Considering that two of those are Fates/Awakening, but unpopular, it doesn't seem likely.

It's not almost half. In the 11 seasonal banners we've gotten since this time last year, we've gotten 50 seasonal units. 13 of them have been armors.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not almost half. In the 11 seasonal banners we've gotten since this time last year, we've gotten 50 seasonal units. 13 of them have been armors.

If we're fair, the Armours left to be added are still a lot less that the Infantry and Cavalier left to add, maybe even the Fliers.

And how many of them are actually going to be popular characters?

But if we're talking heartbreaking statistics. Fire Emblem Heroes launched with 5 armor units (Draug, Gwendy, Sheena, Effie and Hector) Plus Zephiel who was in the game's code as an enemy and would become available a few months later in a GHB. Not a lot, we'd better add more armors right? In the two years since, we've gotten:

• Black Knight
  • Black Knight's spoiled identity
  • Arden
  • Hardin
  • Amelia
  • M!Grima 
  • Duma 
  • Idunn
  • Surtr 

Taking Surtr and Zelgius off that list since Surtr is made up and Zelgius is an alt. And also taking off Grima because I'm petty like that and his movement type could have been anything except cavalry and people'd say "yup, I can see it". See: Female Grima. That leaves six new armor units from the series added to Heroes. The remaining 26 are alts. 25 if you want to take Greil off the list, but I'd argue a canonical representation would be infantry - basically a powercrept Brave Ike missing the Beorc's Blessing skill. 

17 minutes ago, Troykv said:

They're armor units. They don't need to be popular to make tons of money, they just need to be at the top of the meta. Heck even the launch day armor units are still mid tier and they didn't even get weapon refinements to make that happen.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

At the rate the game is adding in new armoured units, how long until at least half of them are added? 

Nevermind, I answered this question myself

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Yeah, I would like Oswin, Wallace and Tauroneo. 

25 minutes ago, Troykv said:

If we're fair, the Armours left to be added are still a lot less that the Infantry and Cavalier left to add, maybe even the Fliers.

But often times not so popular characters are arguably more interesting than popular characters.

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

But if we're talking heartbreaking statistics. Fire Emblem Heroes launched with 5 armor units (Draug, Gwendy, Sheena, Effie and Hector) Plus Zephiel who was in the game's code as an enemy and would become available a few months later in a GHB. Not a lot, we'd better add more armors right? In the two years since, we've gotten:

• Black Knight
  • Black Knight's spoiled identity
  • Arden
  • Hardin
  • Amelia
  • M!Grima 
  • Duma 
  • Idunn
  • Surtr 

Taking Surtr and Zelgius off that list since Surtr is made up and Zelgius is an alt. And also taking off Grima because I'm petty like that and his movement type could have been anything except cavalry and people'd say "yup, I can see it". See: Female Grima. That leaves six new armor units from the series added to Heroes. The remaining 26 are alts. 25 if you want to take Greil off the list, but I'd argue a canonical representation would be infantry - basically a powercrept Brave Ike missing the Beorc's Blessing skill. 

They're armor units. They don't need to be popular to make tons of money, they just need to be at the top of the meta. Heck even the launch day armor units are still mid tier and they didn't even get weapon refinements to make that happen.

If you want heartbreaking statistics, check out this thread

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

And that still isn’t all of the NPC armor knights either. There’s also Desaix, Chagall, Danann, Bloom, Lundgren, Arcard, Roartz, Darin, Ludveck, that one Begnion general who’ll piss his pants at the sight of laguz, Cervantes, and possibly others that slipped my mind.

To be fair, Septimus had residual memories of his past life in the Digital Devil Saga universe, he had reason to fear being consumed.

Yeah, we've had enough General villains that if we smelted all their armor together, we could forge Dynamic General Guardian Unit 4. The class just happens to suit old and often stationary b/c boss men quite well.

And you forgot Uther, who apparently had excellent unused stats in FE7:

Spoiler

Uther

Class: General (M)
Affinity: Anima
Weapon Ranks: Axe S, Lance A
Notes: —

Base Stats/Caps

Type HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res Con
General (M) base 21 8 4 3 0 13 5 15
Stat addition 35 16 16 12 12 9 10 1
Base stats 56 24 20 15 12 22 13 16
General (M) caps /60 /29 /27 /24 /30 /30 /25 /20

Growth Rates

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
65% 70% 30% 20% 15% 30% 30%

I see Str runs in the family, his growth is even higher than Hector's. Although everything else but Res is worse. Still, if he had joined I would have used him.

58 minutes ago, Troykv said:

are still a lot less that the Infantry and Cavalier left to add, maybe even the Fliers.

We've got 47 playable Sword and or Lance Cavalry left to add (the missing GBA ones could possibly go Axe instead), 6 guaranteed Axe Cavalry, and 13 guaranteed Bow Cavalry (+9 uncertain possibilities).

We have 26 playable non-Laguz Fliers (excludes Emma, Female Kris, Shiharam, and Glen) left to add. Although since most of these wear skirts, they stand a better chance than most canon Armors so give Gilliam a kilt.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

32 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But often times not so popular characters are arguably more interesting than popular characters.

They tried something like that with the Echoes of Mystery characters aside from Katarina (though even she is only modestly popular). Luke and Athena still have yet to get another banner while Roderick only just got his second about a month ago. Personally, I find both that and the fact that Archanea coincidentally has yet to get a second dedicated banner rather telling.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you forgot Uther, who apparently had fairly good unused stats in FE7:

Yeah, I guess I was only honing in on the antagonistic knights so oops. Massena was another that slipped my mind as well as if we really want to start reaching that Regna Ferox Knight (Raimi) who had a cameo like about nine chapters after she was fought.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I find both that and the fact that Archanea coincidentally has yet to get a second dedicated banner rather telling.

They are I believe the group that has gone the longest without a New Heroes presently, not since June 2017. Although could what Thracia got even be considered a real banner?

I know Archanea is rather devoid of character development, and that the game pretty quickly got most of the important people in, but they still have enough good fuel left for at least two NH banners.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Regna Ferox Knight (Raimi) who had a cameo like about nine chapters after she was fought.

Remind me, why did she never join? We've only Kel & Kjel for non-Einherjar PCs who start as Armors as is in Awakening, a third would not have been bloat.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although could what Thracia got even be considered a real banner?

Kenji Inafune: It’s better than nothing or something.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remind me, why did she never join? We've only Kel & Kjel for non-Einherjar PCs who start as Armors as is in Awakening, a third would not have been bloat.

Your guess is as good as mine, especially given that Fates had three knights.

We should at least get Marth's sister Elice before we can say Shadow Dragon/New Mystery have all their important characters in.

Lena and Julian, too. And Nyna and sane!Hardin.

The way I see it, the important Shadow Dragon/New Mystery characters still left are:
Elice, Nyna, Coyote Hardin, Julian, Lena, Astram, Midia, Kris.

The remaining notable but maybe not important SD/NM characters, whether by relation to another character in some way or some story event, are:
Matthis, Yuliya, Jubelo, Wendell, Phina, Bantu, Xane, Horace, Samson, Aran, Lorenz, Roshea, Wolf.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

We should at least get Marth's sister Elice before we can say Shadow Dragon/New Mystery have all their important characters in.

Lena and Julian, too. And Nyna and sane!Hardin.

Yeah, I agree, the time we get this 4 characters (and maybe Astram and Midia as said above), anything else will feel like an extra.

I think FE4 Gen 1 it's also quite close to that point (I think the only character that are actually need it to appear are the other playable princes, which are Lex, Azelle and Briggid... It would also make a case to include Reptor or Lombard, but well...).

Edited by Troykv

Surtr is really frickin' annoying in Grand Conquests.  He'll sit on fort tiles, being impossible to kill.  I wish they had removed him from this mode, rather than Training Tower or other modes, where it doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Surtr is really frickin' annoying in Grand Conquests.  He'll sit on fort tiles, being impossible to kill.  I wish they had removed him from this mode, rather than Training Tower or other modes, where it doesn't matter.

Caineghis can also be annoying. I run more ranged users than melee units so he usually takes either 2 units or a charged special to KO him.

Edited by Flying Shogi

51 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think FE4 Gen 1 it's also quite close to that point (I think the only character that are actually need it to appear are the other playable princes, which are Lex, Azelle and Briggid... It would also make a case to include Reptor or Lombard, but well...).

Although he is only fought in Gen 2, where he just throws away his life well frustrated, I think they might use Travant for a Gen 1 GHB. He missed his perfect chance with Quan and Ethlyn already in, but it's with those two in Gen 1 where Travant does his master act.

This would also free up Arion to appear on a Gen 2...  no, that'd be redundant, having father and son both be GHBs. But I can't see Arion being popular enough to summon (and his sister by nurture probably wants that spot), unless they choose to TT him- but that can't happen as is either because TTs are now strictly for Seasonals.

54 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yeah, I agree, the time we get this 4 characters (and maybe Astram and Midia as said above), anything else will feel like an extra.

We should get Cecil though, since she is belongs to a trio with Rody and Luke. And maybe Ryan for the sake of family reunification unless IS is a hardliner on immigration. Also, Eremiya needs to watch over her children.

59 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The way I see it, the important Shadow Dragon/New Mystery characters still left are:
Elice, Nyna, Coyote Hardin, Julian, Lena, Astram, Midia, Kris.

The remaining notable but maybe not important SD/NM characters, whether by relation to another character in some way or some story event, are:
Matthis, Yuliya, Jubelo, Wendell, Phina, Bantu, Xane, Horace, Samson, Aran, Lorenz, Roshea, Wolf.

No Medeus? Are you Sirius? You Gotoh be joking. 

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Do we need sane Hardin though? It's an alt, and the less interesting one at that. 

It's a justifiable canonical alt. And how dare you diss the turban! I shall hammer a Silver Sword into your skull as punishment- to recall Vlad the Impaler.

And just as a heads up for those who didn't notice. Today 20 years ago, Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light released. It's the 20th anniversary of the Fire Emblem franchise! 

It's also the 14th birthday of Path of Radiance.

Let us celebrate with the greatest rendition of the Fire Emblem Theme ever!:

...I kid, this is third, behind Genealogy's and Old Mystery's renditions.