Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I expect three banners for Three Houses this year, starting in August. Probably one for each house, with neutral characters like Byleth and Sothis spread out among them.

I suspect three banners as well, but that they will start in July. There is little use advertising something that's been on the market for weeks. The potential for Heroes money is highest before anybody plays or reviews Three Houses. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On the Orb topic, I'm back to over 100 now that the Gallians are past, although no Ranulf means I'll likely bite again next month or the one thereafter (but I really shouldn't). 

I think I can be good with building things back up again. I won't go for 3H until I've completed the game and let it marinate in my mind. Awakening, Fates, SoV, Seasonals, OCs, and Braves I can ignore. Whilst I'd like a Cormag or Gerik, or Coyote or Julian and Lena, I could possibly exercise restrain here and not go for them.

Gotoh would sink me, since I like the archetype. And he'd be awesome with the FE3 version of the Again Staff. Nils and Pent would be other sinkers, as would a bunch of Telliusians, and maybe Farina. Thracia could likely capture my Orbs, for the new Thracia translation patch coming soon means I'll finally play it. And of course, for the phantasm called TMS I'd sell a soul for a full set.

Me being a relatively new player though, I've also got holes I'd like to fill in on filler banners, i.e. Minerva, Quan, and Leif to name some off the top of my head. 

Water garden maps were quite fun!

Map 1 - Ninian, Mordecai, Ryoma (L.Hero), Shigure (Steady Posture)

Mordecai choke points the center of the map blocking and tanking everyone with his Atk/Def link, and Ignis one shotting Tobin on a counter hit. Ryoma goes left and breaks the wall, then Shigure swaps him to tank Gray. Mordecai finally Ignis Clive, then is danced and hits the archer. The archer moves left and is then doubled by Shigure on the final turn, Mordecai with -1 cd kills him, gets danced and Ignis kills Mathilda.

Map 2 - Fjörm (NY, Aerobatics 3 Seal), Veronica (cav), Ursula (+1), Azura (L.Hero)

Veronica attacks Leon, gets draw backed by Ursula, Ursula gets repositioned by Fjörm, Azura sings Urula, Ursula draws back Veronica. On EP, Sonia breaks wall and Leon suicides on Veronica. PP2, Fjörm aerobatics on Ursula and one shots the lance peg, Ursula draws her back, Azura sings Ursula and she doubles Saber (swordbreaker) while Veronica escapes. On EP the red cav dies on Ursula and Saber and Sonia move forward. On the next turn, Veronica kills Saber, Fjörm moves, gets sung and doubles Sonia.

Map 3 - Sharena (Steady Stance 4, Close Def 3 seal), Fjörm, Olwen (green cav), Lyn (Brave)

Olwen one rounds Bruno with Hone cav support, Fjörm swaps Sharena and she repositions Olwen, Lyn moves to Sonia's range to counter kill her. The rest of the enemies move forward. Sharena choke points on fort tile recieving 0 dmg and tanking Tobin, Gray and Clive while the rest of my team regroups on the bottom of the map. Next turn Olwen deletes Clive and Lyn Dragon Fangs Tobin killing him, leaving only Mathilda and Gray. Sharena stays on her tile and Fjörm moves next to her to block Mathilda. Sharena Bonfires Gray leaving him with little hp, same goes for Mathilda who gets Riposted by Fjörm. My ranged cavs end their lives.

:awesome:

Anyone notice how every single beast unit has a unique weapon, so you can't really switch out weapons to try different builds?

Finally claimed my free Eir, my motivation being to take advantage of the 5x XP/SP bonus. I already have two +HP copies, but I suppose the neutral is the best of the three for now. Then because she's in need of a levelling buddy, I finally decided to commit and promote my 4*+10 Cherche into a fresh-faced 5*, and then immediately added on six merges. One more tomorrow when the VG feathers roll in, and then whenever I can afford it. And alongside them will be ...4* Reyson. Don't have a fourth because I have a level 40 copy of every other unit, so a random healer needing SP it is I guess.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Anyone notice how every single beast unit has a unique weapon, so you can't really switch out weapons to try different builds?

Yeah. I think that is what they are going for.

I wish they would have given out varied inheritance options so we can change what their movement type effects are. Infantry, armor, and fliers have all round decent effects, but cavalry are shoe horned into a Player Phase role.

Yeah, the Cavalry effect is amazingly strong, and IMO they are the best beasts after the fliers - but the units have such an appaling enemy phase. Then again, this is just as true for Tibarn.

The beasts being locked to melee range, and being locked to one weapon effect really do leave the units feeling boring to build. But I'm impressed at the wicked things some of them can pull off.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Water garden maps were quite fun!

Map 1 - Ninian, Mordecai, Ryoma (L.Hero), Shigure (Steady Posture)

Mordecai choke points the center of the map blocking and tanking everyone with his Atk/Def link, and Ignis one shotting Tobin on a counter hit. Ryoma goes left and breaks the wall, then Shigure swaps him to tank Gray. Mordecai finally Ignis Clive, then is danced and hits the archer. The archer moves left and is then doubled by Shigure on the final turn, Mordecai with -1 cd kills him, gets danced and Ignis kills Mathilda.

Map 2 - Fjörm (NY, Aerobatics 3 Seal), Veronica (cav), Ursula (+1), Azura (L.Hero)

Veronica attacks Leon, gets draw backed by Ursula, Ursula gets repositioned by Fjörm, Azura sings Urula, Ursula draws back Veronica. On EP, Sonia breaks wall and Leon suicides on Veronica. PP2, Fjörm aerobatics on Ursula and one shots the lance peg, Ursula draws her back, Azura sings Ursula and she doubles Saber (swordbreaker) while Veronica escapes. On EP the red cav dies on Ursula and Saber and Sonia move forward. On the next turn, Veronica kills Saber, Fjörm moves, gets sung and doubles Sonia.

Map 3 - Sharena (Steady Stance 4, Close Def 3 seal), Fjörm, Olwen (green cav), Lyn (Brave)

Olwen one rounds Bruno with Hone cav support, Fjörm swaps Sharena and she repositions Olwen, Lyn moves to Sonia's range to counter kill her. The rest of the enemies move forward. Sharena choke points on fort tile recieving 0 dmg and tanking Tobin, Gray and Clive while the rest of my team regroups on the bottom of the map. Next turn Olwen deletes Clive and Lyn Dragon Fangs Tobin killing him, leaving only Mathilda and Gray. Sharena stays on her tile and Fjörm moves next to her to block Mathilda. Sharena Bonfires Gray leaving him with little hp, same goes for Mathilda who gets Riposted by Fjörm. My ranged cavs end their lives.

:awesome:

I wrapped up Garden of Water as well. Last map set was tricky.

1. Fjorm, Black Knight, Winter Robin, Hector
  2. Legendary Azura, Lyon, Kana M, Narcian
  3. Legendary Ryoma, Gwendolyn, PA Azura, Lewyn
51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I like it, personally. Unique skills help keep units distinct.

21 minutes ago, LunaSaint said:

Yeah, the Cavalry effect is amazingly strong, and IMO they are the best beasts after the fliers - but the units have such an appaling enemy phase. Then again, this is just as true for Tibarn.

The beasts being locked to melee range, and being locked to one weapon effect really do leave the units feeling boring to build. But I'm impressed at the wicked things some of them can pull off.

Don't forget armors. Only one of them so far, but Caineghis is very strong, and any others should follow the same "DC + other effect" pattern when transformed.

Panne is currently my only beast cavalry, but I've found her to be a lot of fun. I wouldn't call her enemy phase bad, either (or Tibarn's, for that matter), but it's a bit odd having beast cavalry have both worse stats and worse mobility than beast fliers when both are transformed. The cavalry transformation effect is sweet, and better than the infantry one, but neither of them really hold up to the flier one.

Panne is one of those units that is waaaaaaay better than she looks, yeah! I'd say she's as good as Naesala, but that's hard to say. It would only be because Naesala's weapon is underwhelming as the stat difference and mobility differences are quite significant.

Beast armor effect is great as it lets you run Svalinn in the A slot and still DC - but the inability to perch next to a weapon/magic user and keep DC, as well as being a 1-move-1-range unit leaves the king as a hard pass for me. I might take Skrimir of Giffca because I like them, but Cecilia will by my colorless armor of choice!

Yeah, I've been pondering which of Panne, Naesala (when he's re-run) or Mordecai (when I get him) would be the best fit my beast team. No rush at all though given that my only two other beasts are Leanna and Reyson.

thus begins the monthly "Please let me Free pull Maribelle or Flying Olivia with good ivs," chants start again. 
I doubt they'll ever get bannners. so just let me have these two please RNG, on a free pull. i beg you. 

1 hour ago, LunaSaint said:

Panne is one of those units that is waaaaaaay better than she looks, yeah! I'd say she's as good as Naesala, but that's hard to say. It would only be because Naesala's weapon is underwhelming as the stat difference and mobility differences are quite significant.

Beast armor effect is great as it lets you run Svalinn in the A slot and still DC - but the inability to perch next to a weapon/magic user and keep DC, as well as being a 1-move-1-range unit leaves the king as a hard pass for me. I might take Skrimir of Giffca because I like them, but Cecilia will by my colorless armor of choice!

I've been usually having Caineghis team up with Halloween Myrrh, since she can grant him Armor March without taking away his DC. But yeah, it's quite a constraint with how few armored shifters there are. Only 7 total so far, and they're all 5* locked. I don't expect the 5* restriction to change anytime soon, but hopefully it won't take long for more mythics and laguz to increase the total number.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

but it's a bit odd having beast cavalry have both worse stats and worse mobility than beast fliers when both are transformed.

The cavalry transformation effect on player phase gives an effective +8 in stats (not counting the +2 Atk that all beast weapons have) and blocks follow-ups, which makes up for the 6- to 7-point deficit in base stats.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The cavalry transformation effect on player phase gives an effective +8 in stats (not counting the +2 Atk that all beast weapons have) and blocks follow-ups, which makes up for the 6- to 7-point deficit in base stats.

I thought the base stat difference was more like 10? Either way, it's player phase only, and most cavalry beasts are pretty fast.

Even if it matches up well enough to the base stat bonus, I don't think it matches up well to the base stat bonus plus better terrain mobility.

21 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I suspect three banners as well, but that they will start in July. There is little use advertising something that's been on the market for weeks. The potential for Heroes money is highest before anybody plays or reviews Three Houses. 

@Othin

It would be nice if we got 3 straight normal banners and they ditched one of the seasonal banners for the summer.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be nice if we got 3 straight normal banners and they ditched one of the seasonal banners for the summer.

not nice for those who would like seasonal banners for the summer though.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

not nice for those who would like seasonal banners for the summer though.

Do we really need two seasonal banners dedicated to characters wearing nothing but swimsuits? Would be nice if they at least change one of them to be themed after something else. Surely there is more to summer than going to the beach.

Edited by NSSKG151

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Othin

Starting in July is certainly possible, if they think they can do it in a non-spoilery way.

I'd be happy if they skipped a seasonal banner, but with the way they've been packing in more lately, I'm not optimistic. I could see a pair back-to-back in July/August if they move the dancer banner back to September, but fitting three in a row would be difficult. They could make that work if they have each banner have a mix between the houses rather than a focus on just one, I suppose. Which would work better with a pre-release banner anyway since it wouldn't be highlighting just one house before release. Perhaps a banner with the three house leaders, with one Byleth rounding out the banner as the demote and the other Byleth as the GHB? They'd be especially easy to implement in a minimal-spoiler banner since they're the best known already and are strong legendary candidates, so their first versions could focus on them early in the game while later versions explore the later parts of their stories.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Do we really need two seasonal banners dedicated to characters wearing nothing but swimsuits? Would be nice if they at least change one of them to be themed after something else. Surely there is more to summer than going to the beach.

sure, i suppose. 

but i mean to me that's a moot point. swimsuits, picnics, they could be dressed in snow suits for all i care. the thing is - (and we tend to do this every calendar, every seasonal). regardless of what they are wearing - there a lot of people who really like the limited edition banners - which is what i am going to try to call them now vs. seasonal). it could be for a multitude of reasons. 1: they can save their orbs. 2: they can get. their favourite character (or a new character in a different move type) and cool skills. 

yes it would be nice for people who want new units/potential demotes and so forth but at the end of the day. - for those who happen to like both types of banners (new (perm) and LE) - it won't be nice that they cut some out. it would kind of suck. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm down to 7 orbs myself (none open to collect), but the last orbs finally finished my +10 Brave Roy, so it's a very happy reason. :-) 

Congrats!

I haven’t report updates, but I finished my +10 Effie! Next one in line is Aversa, currently +6

18 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Congrats!

I haven’t report updates, but I finished my +10 Effie! Next one in line is Aversa, currently +6

Thanks!

Congrats to your Effie! How'd you build her? 

I like how the powercreep skill already got powercrept, the BST skills treat you like 170 in Arena, but the Legendary BST Arena thing treats you like 175.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I thought the base stat difference was more like 10? Either way, it's player phase only, and most cavalry beasts are pretty fast.

Even if it matches up well enough to the base stat bonus, I don't think it matches up well to the base stat bonus plus better terrain mobility.

The mobility boost on flying beasts is also a player-phase-only effect (since you can't move on enemy phase), and being "pretty fast" is worth jack squat if the opponent has Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter. Being fast is not a substitute for blocking an opponent's follow-up attack because almost every enemy-phase build is designed to simply ignore the Spd check for a follow-up and get their follow-up from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I like how the powercreep skill already got powercrept, the BST skills treat you like 170 in Arena, but the Legendary BST Arena thing treats you like 175.

The difference is that Duel skills are inheritable whereas the Legendary Pair-Up effect is not. We've had uninheritable effects that out-perform inheritable ones since day one.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Note that the Pair Up legendary effect, relative to other legendary effects, means giving up stat boosts to any elemental teammates you might be running. I think it makes sense for it to compensate for that.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The mobility boost on flying beasts is also a player-phase-only effect (since you can't move on enemy phase), and being "pretty fast" is worth jack squat if the opponent has Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter. Being fast is not a substitute for blocking an opponent's follow-up attack because almost every enemy-phase build is designed to simply ignore the Spd check for a follow-up and get their follow-up from somewhere else.

The mobility boost is player-phase only, but the increased stats of being flying rather than cavalry are not.

I'd summarize it as that cavalry have better player phase combat, while fliers have better player phase mobility and better enemy phase combat.