Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Lukas's lance seems to be a slaying version of Oboro's prf.

Not really.

~Oboro has Armor Slaying and Close Def.
~Lukas has Special Cooldown decrease and Sturdy Stance.

One is geared more towards general close-range tanking and killing armors, making her a great asset for throwing against the wide spectrum of Armor units in existence (besides ranged armors at least). The other is a strict Physical Damage wall, regardless of range, and has additional strength to support him, though the defensive boost is slightly stronger.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I forgot that Oboro's personal refine is close defense and that sturdy stance is just the A-skill I gave her. But they're both geared towards being defensive on the EP, regardless, so I guess it's similar enough.

Not really a fan of what they did to Stahl and Sully's refines, but after seeing someone say Stahl can quad in QR Range, I can see it's uses~

Delthea's looking awesome, so I'm definitely going to be making her my Grail merge project~ Have only spent a couple 100 for fodder since they were introduced so I should have a hefty amount once she's introduced into the Grail Pool.

Stahl's refine makes him... almost usable. Get a +Attack Stahl, use CA in his B slot to get rid of the TA effect, use QR for his seal, Fierce Stance in his A slot (or DC if you're an absolute madman)... you're starting to get into decent damage range. 

Sully has no chance. Not with that attack. 

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

Stahl's refine makes him... almost usable. Get a +Attack Stahl, use CA in his B slot to get rid of the TA effect, use QR for his seal, Fierce Stance in his A slot (or DC if you're an absolute madman)... you're starting to get into decent damage range. 

Sully has no chance. Not with that attack. 

Or you keep the TA effect because TA is a great skill.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Or you keep the TA effect because TA is a great skill.

For AA, sure. 

If I was going to invest in a Stahl, I'd want him to be more than an AA unit and expect him to at least dent blues. With things like Fierce Stance he can do it, but not with TA active. 

6 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

For AA, sure. 

If I was going to invest in a Stahl, I'd want him to be more than an AA unit and expect him to at least dent blues. With things like Fierce Stance he can do it, but not with TA active. 

The thing is running Cancel Affinity instead of something like Guard, Dulls, or Quick Riposte sacrifices his performance against green, red, and colorless for better performance against blues, which does not sound like a good deal in my opinion since you are basically throwing good money after bad. Against a blue foe, players are more likely than not to use a non-red nuke or tank to deal with it.

8 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

For AA, sure. 

TA is a great skill in every mode, not just AA.

Some units are good at fighting at WTD, but it's not a requirement, and it's silly to try to build units with built-in TA into that. If you want a red cav who can fight blues, there are better options.

Woohoo! I summoned myself. Not really. I summoned the real Kaden from the new fallen heroes banner. Always fun to get an off-focus and off-color unit from a banner. Well, at least I have a wacky buff bot, Selkie's dad, and a 5* from the banner. RIP getting any of the fallen heroes just like last time. I guess they'll show up eventually.

I'm sure it's just unfounded paranoia, but I'm worried that I won't get the compensation orbs because I haven't unlocked Aether Raids. Probably irrational, but maybe I should go at least do the tutorial just in case, hmm...

Silly me didn't know that the Gallia banner had a demotion in the form of Mordecai. Except... He has beast exp at 4*. What a stupid joke

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

This really should be discuss in another thread, but are you also factoring how many of those votes are base on just wanting a legendary variant?

Most of the legendary candidates who didn't get a legendary version by CYL3 have a similar voting history.

NAME     CYL1  CYL2  CYL3
	Alm      1907 18716 62216
	Sigurd   5282  4736  8975
	Seliph   2695  2137  7105
	Leif     2489 10582  4155
	Eliwood  8709  7749 45410
	Chrom   23803 13638 19656
	RobinM  14149 10912 16316
	CorrinM  7691  2954  3825
	CorrinF 19599 13833 17679
	Xander   7511  5669  4122

From CYL1 to CYL2, they all lose votes except for Leif (who was snubbed in 2017) and Alm (who debuted outside Japan in 2017). The 3DS characters lose a bigger percentage than Sigurd/Seliph/Eliwood because of recency bias wearing off, and Corrin M is the only one to lose more than half his votes.

From CYL2 to CYL3, they all gain votes except for Leif and Xander (Though the latter really isn't a lord, I only included him because Ryoma got a legendary.) Corrin M's percentage increase is fairly close to that of the other avatars.

Incidentally, I consider CYL1 to be the most accurate as a popularity poll, but even then it only provides a snapshot of who was popular at that time. Popularity is always changing and being affected by many factors.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Incidentally, I consider CYL1 to be the most accurate as a popularity poll, but even then it only provides a snapshot of who was popular at that time. Popularity is always changing and being affected by many factors.

Yeah with the one exception being that Shadows of Valentia hadn't been released yet which means all Gaiden characters are severly underperforming. 

Does anyone here want to stroke Corrin's tail? It wonder if it's smooth or rough and if it feels as squishy as it looks. :p

Anyway, I wonder when we'll get another new dagger for a weapon update. The last time that happened was Felicia.

14 hours ago, Kaden said:

Woohoo! I summoned myself. Not really. I summoned the real Kaden from the new fallen heroes banner. Always fun to get an off-focus and off-color unit from a banner. Well, at least I have a wacky buff bot, Selkie's dad, and a 5* from the banner. RIP getting any of the fallen heroes just like last time. I guess they'll show up eventually.

I also got an off-focus unit and turns to be Leanne! Too bad she is +def, -hp but I'm ok with just pairing her with Nestling! Currently doing Forging Bonds and bumping my feathers for Delthea.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

I also got an off-focus unit and turns to be Leanne! Too bad she is +def, -hp but I'm ok with just pairing her with Nestling! Currently doing Forging Bonds and bumping my feathers for Delthea.

Your Leanne's asset and flaw are the opposite of mine's. Leanne and Reyson are so useful as flying refresh units and pseudo healers. I think Quan showed up as an off focus summon too. Wasn't looking to get him or anyone really, but I was glad to reunite him with Ethlyn who I supported together, Finn, and Leif.

With Special Heroes Foci being pretty much officially an annual thing now, for those who are collectors, does that dampen your urge to immediately obtain them? For example, once I knew that Spring Festival was going to be back this year, it made me feel much more comfortable sticking with my much lower budget since I could always just get Special Heroes later.

Outside of Dancers/Singers and flying archers I am never in a huge rush to obtain anything else in New Heroes Foci. I really want A!Camilla for nuking, Ophelia for Blazing shenanigans, and DW!Berkut for setting up Desperation, but I am content with letting them pity break me down the line, like how I waited for Ishtar, Lewyn, and SF!Nino to pity break me. Special Heroes Foci basically feels like New Heroes Foci for me now.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

With Special Heroes Foci being pretty much officially an annual thing now, for those who are collectors, does that dampen your urge to immediately obtain them? For example, once I knew that Spring Festival was going to be back this year, it made me feel much more comfortable sticking with my much lower budget since I could always just get Special Heroes later.

Outside of Dancers/Singers and flying archers I am never in a huge rush to obtain anything else in New Heroes Foci. I really want A!Camilla for nuking, Ophelia for Blazing shenanigans, and DW!Berkut for setting up Desperation, but I am content with letting them pity break me down the line, like how I waited for Ishtar, Lewyn, and SF!Nino to pity break me. Special Heroes Foci basically feels like New Heroes Foci for me now.

For me... yes and no.

On the one hand, between said knowledge and the fact that I'm now at a point where I really don't need all the new fancy and shiny units to keep up with the meta, there's not an urge to get them anymore, or even bother for a good asset/flaw.

On the other... there will always be an urge to collect, regardless how much I actually need or even want a unit. I'm hoping, however, that now that I have almost all the Year 1 and Year 2 units I can just relax on getting the Year 3 units, focus on finally powering up my army rather than growing it...

Hey, we're getting some free orbs and grails because of the recent issue with Aether Raids! Coolio! I'll get to +10 female Robin a bit sooner than expected. ^^