Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, we're getting some free orbs and grails because of the recent issue with Aether Raids! Coolio! I'll get to +10 female Robin a bit sooner than expected. ^^

This is a nice change.  I can't remember the last time we got apology Orbs.  I thought they had given up the practice.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

This is a nice change.  I can't remember the last time we got apology Orbs.  I thought they had given up the practice.

I honestly had a feeling we'd get some orbs out of this, the issue looked significant for those at higher tiers the way the notification described it. The 100 grails are a nice surprise though!

After much consideration,  I figured the only logical B-skill to go with Berkut was QR3. Good thing I had all those feathers saved up~ 

And for sheer giggles, I went and supported him and L!Alm together. I don't know if it's for therapy and anger management issues...or if I wanted to torment Berkut...either way, Rinea is still getting supported to the original if she comes.

While Berkut's art and spritework is so good and probably the best we've seen in Heroes thus far, I hope this doesn't mean we won't get a flaming witch Rinea at some point. 

Pretty sure we're getting regular Rinea this year though. Pretty strong candidate for Brave Redux 3. 

34 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

While Berkut's art and spritework is so good and probably the best we've seen in Heroes thus far, I hope this doesn't mean we won't get a flaming witch Rinea at some point. 

Pretty sure we're getting regular Rinea this year though. Pretty strong candidate for Brave Redux 3. 

Flaming witch Rinea seems difficult to implement. Can she even talk?

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Flaming witch Rinea seems difficult to implement. Can she even talk?

They can animate her to do sign language.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Rinea looks like she could be an accessory tbh

Yeah. When I saw the accessories in the Forging Bonds thread, I thought the orange flower was Rinea on fire for a second. If they make a fallen Nifl sibling, I hope they will make a Gunnthrá on fire accessory.

So, we will get a Dragon Fang banner soon. It is possible for Julia to be there. If she is there I really might think of trying 1-2 merges for her. At the moment she is +4. So 6 are missing.
But I will see and it will really depend if I am lucky and quickdraw her. Well first of all she has to be in the banner. I intend to use her on Astra season instead of Deirdre, which I run on Light season. Well, I should be patient though. 

So far in this banner could be:

Corrin: Dream Prince, Julia and Siegbert.

Edited by Stroud

I just finished leveling up Berkut and I just love him. His 13 speed(with a bane) is so low I have level 1 units in my barracks that out speed him. He sure ain't in a hurry to get anywhere. Though he doesn't get to take the record for slowest horse. Hrid can tie him. Seriously. Of the units that can hit 13 speed, HALF of them are horses. I never realized horses were so slow.

so i got worst pitybreaker (aka shiro) in the wrath banner at 3.25%, while i also got a quan with a ticket at 3% and a brave hector at 3.25% in this new fallen heroes banner

i also got 2 copies of mordecai and 1 thea (2 of my merge projects)

while i'm not happy at all with what the new banner adds to the game, i'm extremely pleased with what i got

i'd have liked to get berkut, but i'm ok with how things went

now i'll save some orbs and wait until the bride banner begins, so that i can decide if i should keep summoning in this banner or not

Edited by Yexin

33 minutes ago, Usana said:

I just finished leveling up Berkut and I just love him. His 13 speed(with a bane) is so low I have level 1 units in my barracks that out speed him. He sure ain't in a hurry to get anywhere. Though he doesn't get to take the record for slowest horse. Hrid can tie him. Seriously. Of the units that can hit 13 speed, HALF of them are horses. I never realized horses were so slow.

Now that you mention it, it's probably related to them having lower total stats. There are fast horses, but when they want to dump speed for other stats, they have to dump it harder to hold up as well in the rest.

I beat all the Water Gardens. The last map of Water 10 of the Grounds, Chapter 12-5, sucked because my only green water blessed hero is Titania and guess who has Ridersbane and Cancel Affinity? Mathilda. Also, this means I don't have a green to counterattack Bruno. Does not help that also do not have a water blessed blue mage apparently. The team that I somehow beat that with was with Fjorm (neutral) with Reposition and a Quick Riposte 3 seal, Titania +1 (+Spd, -Def) with an unrefined Draconic Poleax, Swap, Glacies, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Atk 2, and an Atk/Def Bond 3 seal, legendary Ryoma (+Atk, -Res) with Moonbow and a Drive Def 2 seal, and Flora +1 (+Res, -HP) with Draw Back, Glacies, and a Spd Smoke 3 seal. Flora's resistance is stupid high, is even higher when she's not near anyone with her default Atk/Res Solo, and she comes with Quick Riposte by default. Swapped Iceberg to Glacies so she could ORKO Bruno. After that, she helped with debuffing the remaining enemies for Fjorm and Titania to tank. Clive and Tobin weren't much of a trouble other than having a ton of bulk while Gray and Mathilda were problematic, especially Mathilda who one-shots Titania unless she's on a defense tile and has much defense buffs as possible. Somehow, I was able to time it so that Titania was able to use Glacies on counter against Mathilda. Ryoma's only jobs were to take out Sonya who left him near dead and be a Drive Def bot.

And now to deal with the remaining Wind, Earth, and Fire Grounds. Eventually.

Edit: Make that the 9th Grounds map of Wind and the 10th Grounds maps of Wind, Earth, and Fire. The 9th Grounds of Wind look awful.

Edited by Kaden

Just like with Haar, you can kinda tell I was eager for this one:

Spoiler

xfi8ffE.png

Once the aforementioned dracoknight and picnic Leo are both +10 so once it’s 2021 basically, this girl will be getting all of my grails.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just like with Haar, you can kinda tell I was eager for this one:

Reveal hidden contents

xfi8ffE.png

Once the aforementioned dracoknight and picnic Leo are both +10 so once it’s 2021 basically, this girl will be getting all of my grails.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to rush out to get F!Delthea and build her up. Except I will be doing the opposite of what you are doing and spending grails on Delthea before Haar gets them.

Kind of wish F!Delthea didn't have so much HP. She will need Fury 4 if you want her to get into Desperation range without relying on taking damage from an enemy attack. Hopefully it gets added to the permanent summoning pool someday since for right now it is stuck on a seasonal unit or better yet just make a Fury 3 seal instead so I don't have to fish for tier 4 skills.

Well, I guess I am waiting till July before she is getting anymore merges since I think it takes two months for units to get added to the grail shop.

10 hours ago, Kaden said:

I beat all the Water Gardens. The last map of Water 10 of the Grounds, Chapter 12-5, sucked because my only green water blessed hero is Titania

I have 11 water blessed green units alone. This is more or less true for all colours and all elements. I made sure I had variety to tackle all the Gardens.

What did you do with all your blessings? Where did they go?

So today's Grounds map was... ugh... horrible. I tried a lot of times until I managed to clear this set of maps.

Map 1 - Spring!Sharena, Clair, L!Lyn, B!Hector (even def seal 3)

I just wait for the enemies to move down while Bruno, the archer and the mage group and move through the right. Hector deletes the Zanbato fighter, Lyn one rounds the green mage. In the enemy phase, Bruno suicides on Hector and the archer engages him as well, both surviving combat. Next phase Lyn desperation kills the archer, Sharena repositions Hector and he deletes the red mage.

Map 2 - Gunnthrá, Lene, Lewyn and Ishtar

Odd'd Ishtar is repositioned by Lewyn, Ishtar deletes the sword knight (Glimmer), she is danced by Lene and one rounds Nephenee, Gunnthrá draws Lene back. Next turn, Ishtar kills Elincia, is repositioned by Lewyn again and Lene tanks the axe pegasus. Next turn, Gunnthrá one rounds the lance pegasus, is danced, doubles the hammer peg and Lewyn finishes it off.

Map 3 - Ogma+1 (Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Def Tactics 3), P!Nino+2, (double smoke), Hot Spring!Ryoma and Odin+2 (atk/spd link rfn, double smoke)

This map was really tough to beat because of positioning, tanking and such, but Aerobatics proofed to be useful here. Ogma tanked the axe peg, then one rounds the ruby sword fighter, next phase he kills the green mage, Nino aerobatics and kills Oscar, then Odin draws Ogma back and Ryoma repos Nino. Next phase Odin hits the slaying swd fighter on the right blocked by the forest tile, Ogma repos him to tank the slaying glacies axe peg. By next phase the silver lance cav moves with the firesweep archer, BK approaches. Nino kills the silver lance cav, Ryoma repos her, Odin draws her back and Ogma stays 2 tiles away from Ryoma to tank kill the sword fighter and Ryoma Bonfire solos the Brave Sword cav. Next phase Ryoma and Nino team up and kill the archer while the rest stay away from BK.

24 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Should I 5* Delthea or a +SPD Tailthiu for the blue mage spot?

I'd say Delthea because she is the cheaper and more versatile option. Death gives her sort of a spectrum blow/stance effect and you could give her Darting Blow seal to make her a more potent player phase unit combined with Death Blow and Even Atk Wave. For B skill she'd love Mystic Boost from a spare Eir, but Desperation is a pretty nice option for her.

Tailtiu is great as well but you'd need to refine her weapon and SI to reach Ishtar levels. I currently have both and love them, their pretty much the same thing but Tailtiu's innate Wrath gives her a plus imo.

Screenshot-20190512-124423-Fire-Emblem-H

Screenshot-20190512-124655-Fire-Emblem-H

Took some serious jury rigging on the final map, but all the Wind Maps are finished. I made very surprising progress on these, probably thanks to wind legendary heroes being consistently excellent units. Now I dunno what to do with my wind blessed heroes. I really could not give a damn about optimizing teams for the PvP modes, instead relying on bonus units. Bonus units don't stop being uber on the wrong week of the month, nor do they require a premium resource. I liked Blessed Gardens because they provide a PvE application for Blessings. It's sad to see them go since, like the GHB Elite Quests, they could be a fun challenge to grind out with good rewards and without any restrictive time limits. I actually expected them to announce Blessed Gardens for the four new elements, but what I got was a cancellation. And now there is nothing but turning in F2P solutions for limited time only maps. Bummer.

Also I can post my teams:

1. Legendary Lucina, Hot Springs Hinoka, Leif, Rhajat. Hinoka is just here to provide her Link skill as Lucina does much of the work. Had to give Rhajat reciprical aid but otherwise everybody has their base skill set and some choice seals.
  2. Helpful!Chrom, Ursula, Brave Lyn, Dorcas. Just Brave Lyn sniping the fliers as Chrom and Dorcas Swap themselves into the front line where appropriate. Ursula evacuates Lyn with reposition and takes out the armor knight.
  3. Hrid, Gunnthra, Ylgr, Loki. The Hrid/Gunnthra/Ylgr dream team with a healer backup. Eventually gave up on turtling in the bottom right and instead nabbing player phase kills with these units because they're just so powerful together.

Additional wind blessing units now out of a job: Palla, NotCanon!Eirika, Naesala, Surtr. And Legendary Lyn also didn't find any use this time. But she has rocked some previous maps despite her attack superbane which I have since fixed.

Edited by Glennstavos

My teams for the last wind garden:

• Sigurd, Ursula, Gunnthra, Brave Lyn
  • Palla, Subaki, Bride Ninian, Michalis
  • Olivia, Tibarn, Legendary Lucina, Bride Sanaki

First two maps were pretty easy, but the last one took a few tries with different teams. Forgetting about BK's Wings of Mercy, in particular, messed me up a couple of times.

Edited by Othin

I wish that the developers would make more cross-game banners (that are not Fallen Heroes) with some actual demotes on them. When I was trying to fall asleep earlier today I came up with a weird idea for a banner that wouldn't let me go to bed until I gave it some more thought. Like, one cross-game theme that would work would be something like "passionate rivalries" for characters who are not in the game who have someone they consider their rival already added into Heroes. (Innes would've worked really nicely here, but he's already in.)

The banner characters could've been Kieran (axe cavalier, rival to Oscar), Vaike (axe infantry, rival to Chrom), Elrean (blue infantry tome, rival to Merric, can't spell his name help), and Tethys (red dancer, rival to Marisa) with Kempf (blue tome cavalier, rival to Reinhardt) as the GHB or something. The banner could have Tethys has the spotlight character, since she would be a dancer and guaranteed to sell well. Maybe she could be a red tome dancer (to reference her brother) with a personal weapon with whatever premium skills the devs see necessary. Any of Kieran, Vaike, or Elrean could be built as the "demote" while the other two can become decently OP.

And I'm sure there are other cross-game themes that would work really well besides just freaking siblings, their first two banners.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Took some serious jury rigging on the final map, but all the Wind Maps are finished. I made very surprising progress on these, probably thanks to wind legendary heroes being consistently excellent units. Now I dunno what to do with my wind blessed heroes. I really could not give a damn about optimizing teams for the PvP modes, instead relying on bonus units. Bonus units don't stop being uber on the wrong week of the month, nor do they require a premium resource. I liked Blessed Gardens because they provide a PvE application for Blessings. It's sad to see them go since, like the GHB Elite Quests, they could be a fun challenge to grind out with good rewards and without any restrictive time limits. I actually expected them to announce Blessed Gardens for the four new elements, but what I got was a cancellation. And now there is nothing but turning in F2P solutions for limited time only maps. Bummer.

Same how I feel, I expected Mythic Blessings rotations or something. I strategized on who deserved the blessings: I counted what units needed them, a sword infantry focused on atk/def or a sword infantry focused on res? And so on. Now I just give them blessings based in their affinity on their respective games, for instance, Fir got fire, Klein got water, Micaiah/Soren/Naesala got Dark, Elincia/Lethe got Astra, Lyn got wind, Florina/Lucius/Lilina got light, and so on.

I won't miss the gardens, not because of the idea, but because I don't want to redo the past maps every time I mess up on the final map, especially when they pick stupid turn-count/invincible-unit maps, though they are generally pretty bland in concept anyways. Didn't help this time that my Wind is just a collection of counter units, not synergetic with one another at all. Regardless,  I'm also on the same boat as to wonder what purpose the wind units will serve from here on out. I won't make a high scoring Wind team, like ever, since Arena sucks and T20.5 is absolutely sufficient. Dark/Anima are better blessings for AA as they cover all weeks with just two elements, my Allegiance battles won't care about elements for quite some time aaand... that's it. I mean, I always disliked the blessings, but now they'll become even worse, which is remarkable.