Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Wow, ALL of the maps in Water Grounds 10 are bullshit. Unnecessary turn limits, overpowered enemies, and the third map has fucking SIX enemies. I don't see how anyone could have possibly won these without cheating or using fully merged up 5 star teams. This is just horrible horrible design that IS needs to stay far away from next time. Not everyone has a bunch of merged up teams or anything, this stuff needs to be easier for those players who don't have those resources.

Serious changes need to be implemented in the future to prevent crap like this. I suggest:

- No turn limits
- No ridiculous stat inflation (not saying there shouldn't be any, there can be some. Just not a lot)
- More limited enemy reinforcements should there be any
- Don't have the enemy start with five or six units. Players can only deploy four at a time, so why are the enemies allowed more? An alternate idea is to allow players to deploy more than four.
- Let us lose units. Very few modes allow us to use Light's Blessings, so there's not much point in them right now anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, ALL of the maps in Water Grounds 10 are bullshit. Unnecessary turn limits, overpowered enemies, and the third map has fucking SIX enemies. I don't see how anyone could have possibly won these without cheating or using fully merged up 5 star teams.

I did it and I am very far from a very good strategic player. I'm f2p and don't have any merge projects.

If you haven't done Wind Grounds 10 yet, I thought it was even worse than Water's although that might have to do with the units I had available for both.

They cost 5 stamina so just try different units, don't forget to put on seals and use breaker skills. They are generally cheap to get and work great against overpowered enemies. 

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I did it and I am very far from a very good strategic player. I'm f2p and don't have any merge projects.

If you haven't done Wind Grounds 10 yet, I thought it was even worse than Water's although that might have to do with the units I had available for both.

They cost 5 stamina so just try different units, don't forget to put on seals and use breaker skills. They are generally cheap to get and work great against overpowered enemies. 

If you did it, you have to at least be very good. These are three consecutive maps with more than 4 enemies in each one with ridiculously inflated stats. There's no way a crap player would ever beat them.

I haven't, I don't care to try anymore of the others because I think a lot of them are way too hard and should be easier. I'm only trying Water 10 because it gives orbs.

I've done all of that. I've tried several units, even tried blessing more units, and I've tried seals and breakers. None of it works.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, ALL of the maps in Water Grounds 10 are bullshit. Unnecessary turn limits, overpowered enemies, and the third map has fucking SIX enemies. I don't see how anyone could have possibly won these without cheating or using fully merged up 5 star teams. This is just horrible horrible design that IS needs to stay far away from next time. Not everyone has a bunch of merged up teams or anything, this stuff needs to be easier for those players who don't have those resources.

Serious changes need to be implemented in the future to prevent crap like this. I suggest:

- No turn limits
- No ridiculous stat inflation (not saying there shouldn't be any, there can be some. Just not a lot)
- More limited enemy reinforcements should there be any
- Don't have the enemy start with five or six units. Players can only deploy four at a time, so why are the enemies allowed more? An alternate idea is to allow players to deploy more than four.
- Let us lose units. Very few modes allow us to use Light's Blessings, so there's not much point in them right now anyway.

Ana they're pretty doable, you just need to have the right units to check enemies and watch out for the turn limit. I cleared it weeks ago and I'm totally not a whale nor I have fully merged teams. The only +10 unit I have is Linus and I haven't used him in a single Blessed Garden map. Check my clear just if you want some guide.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, Quintessence said:

Water garden maps were quite fun!

Map 1 - Ninian, Mordecai, Ryoma (L.Hero), Shigure (Steady Posture)

Mordecai choke points the center of the map blocking and tanking everyone with his Atk/Def link, and Ignis one shotting Tobin on a counter hit. Ryoma goes left and breaks the wall, then Shigure swaps him to tank Gray. Mordecai finally Ignis Clive, then is danced and hits the archer. The archer moves left and is then doubled by Shigure on the final turn, Mordecai with -1 cd kills him, gets danced and Ignis kills Mathilda.

Map 2 - Fjörm (NY, Aerobatics 3 Seal), Veronica (cav), Ursula (+1), Azura (L.Hero)

Veronica attacks Leon, gets draw backed by Ursula, Ursula gets repositioned by Fjörm, Azura sings Urula, Ursula draws back Veronica. On EP, Sonia breaks wall and Leon suicides on Veronica. PP2, Fjörm aerobatics on Ursula and one shots the lance peg, Ursula draws her back, Azura sings Ursula and she doubles Saber (swordbreaker) while Veronica escapes. On EP the red cav dies on Ursula and Saber and Sonia move forward. On the next turn, Veronica kills Saber, Fjörm moves, gets sung and doubles Sonia.

Map 3 - Sharena (Steady Stance 4, Close Def 3 seal), Fjörm, Olwen (green cav), Lyn (Brave)

Olwen one rounds Bruno with Hone cav support, Fjörm swaps Sharena and she repositions Olwen, Lyn moves to Sonia's range to counter kill her. The rest of the enemies move forward. Sharena choke points on fort tile recieving 0 dmg and tanking Tobin, Gray and Clive while the rest of my team regroups on the bottom of the map. Next turn Olwen deletes Clive and Lyn Dragon Fangs Tobin killing him, leaving only Mathilda and Gray. Sharena stays on her tile and Fjörm moves next to her to block Mathilda. Sharena Bonfires Gray leaving him with little hp, same goes for Mathilda who gets Riposted by Fjörm. My ranged cavs end their lives.

:awesome:

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ana they're pretty doable, you just need to have the right units to check enemies and watch out for the turn limit. I cleared it weeks ago and I'm totally not a whale nor I have fully merged teams. The only +10 unit I have is Linus and I haven't used him in a single Blessed Garden map. Check my clear just if you want some guide.

Duh, that's what I've been trying to do.

As for your clear, I can't use it. I have some of the same units, but I didn't give them the same blessings. And there are others that I don't have (Shigure, Ursula, green Olwen, Mordecai).

Guides don't really work for Blessed Garden maps though, as players have often used their blessings on other units. Plus you have some fodder skills on there that f2p players would never have.

I noticed you brought Fjorm to map 2 though. I did as well. She is very good there. 

Last map, I suggest you try to bait and kill Sonya and Bruno right away on turn one by staying on a defensive tile. There are a couple of units that can do this and you can use the Quick Riposte seal to help. Then, it becomes 4v4. 

I hope you used your blessings in a way to add variety in unit types to every element.

Edited by Vince777

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I noticed you brought Fjorm to map 2 though. I did as well. She is very good there. 

...What? She sucks on that map. I tried using her a few times, but all she did was die to Sonya or Leon, even with Distant Def seal.

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Last map, I suggest you try to bait and kill Sonya and Bruno right away on turn one by staying on a defensive tile. There are a couple of units that can do this and you can use the Quick Riposte seal to help. Then, it becomes 4v4. 

Tried that. None of my units can one-round them, not even my fastest ones. And I can't use QR seal on that map, I have to use it for male Robin in the first one.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What? She sucks on that map. I tried using her a few times, but all she did was die to Sonya or the archer, even with Distant Def seal.

Tried that. None of my units can one-round them, not even my fastest ones. And I can't use QR seal on that map, I have to use it for male Robin in the first one.

So did you beat the first two maps and are left with the 3rd? That's already 2/3 of the job done. Personally, I thought the 2nd one was the hardest.

What do you have left for the third?

The point of a guide is not only about following it step by step but also about trying to replicate it with other units.

For instance, Map 1 requires a bulky blue unit to tank almost everyone, you can use a refined Oboro, Lukas, Shiro, Nephenee, Nowi, etc. Try adding a dancer, a healer or a WoM unit to play with positioning.

Map 2 is the hardest imo, and requires hit and run tactics, try it with cavs or fliers with Flier Formation. You can use Reinhardt, Veronica or some other ranged cavalier.

Map 3 you can counter kill Bruno with F!Robin and Gronnwolf perfectly, have a red mage counter kill Sonya and some blue unit on the fort tile to tank Tobin, Grey and Mathilda.

Edited by Quintessence

Hardest Blessing Grounds map to me was the Wind 10 one with the Black Knight chasing you around and reinforcements popping everywhere.

Thankfully, Earth Grounds 10 was a cakewalk in comparison to Water and Wind.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

So did you beat the first two maps and are left with the 3rd? That's already 2/3 of the job done. Personally, I thought the 2nd one was the hardest.

What do you have left for the third?

I can beat the first one fine with male Robin, Gerome, Bunny Sharena, and legendary Azura. I cleared the second map a couple times, but now I can't clear it anymore.

As for who I have after the first map:

Legendary Ryoma, Fjorm, regular Marth, Lene, Karla, regular Ryoma, NY Hrid, Tibarn, Bunny Palla, regular Celica, GD Titania, Summer Tana, Halloween Nowi, Shiro, Picnic Lukas, Clair, regular Hinoka, blue Olwen, Raven, Amelia, Kaden, regular Myrrh, Halloween Kagero, Halloween Henry, Bride Cordelia, Kinshi Hinoka, Kaze, Christmas Cecilia, Bride Lyn, NY Laevatein

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

For instance, Map 1 requires a bulky blue unit to tank almost everyone, you can use a refined Oboro, Lukas, Shiro, Nephenee, Nowi, etc. Try adding a dancer, a healer or a WoM unit to play with positioning.

Hm I could try Shiro since he's in the list above.

Map 2 is the hardest imo, and requires hit and run tactics, try it with cavs or fliers with Flier Formation. You can use Reinhardt, Veronica or some other ranged cavalier.

Reinhardt and Veronica have different blessings. Olwen's Atk is probably too low. Maybe GD Titania would work?

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Map 3 you can counter kill Bruno with F!Robin and Gronnwolf perfectly, have a red mage counter kill Sonya and some blue unit on the fort tile to tank Tobin, Grey and Mathilda.

Female Robin has a different blessing. Picnic Lukas should be able to take Tobin, Gray, and Mathilda though.

11 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Hardest Blessing Grounds map to me was the Wind 10 one with the Black Knight chasing you around and reinforcements popping everywhere.

Thankfully, Earth Grounds 10 was a cakewalk in comparison to Water and Wind.

Yeah BKs map was horrible, glad I somehow made it. Btw, in regards to your previous coment about the fodder I used, the only premium skill I have is Steady Stance 4 from a second Surtr I got on his banner, Steady Posture is fairly accessible nowadays with Reyson and Thea.

@Anacybele I think Map 3 can be doable with an armored team of Amelia, Henry, Kagero and Lucas. Make sure ti have Swap on them or something. The idea is to have Kagero one round Sonia, swapping her with Amelia to tank Clive or just let her tank him, have Henry counter Bruno and kill him then swap with Lukas to block Grey, Tobin and Mathilda. The rest is cleaning them up. If Tobin's killing Lukas then try with Shiro.

For Map 2 you might try a full flier team, have Hinoka kill the peg, then dance with Azura and go back. Imo, bring Tibarn to delete Sonya and chip Leon. This map is harder to clear. But Airzura is better here than on Map 1, for Map 1 use Lene.

It's unfortunate that you don't remember how you beat the 2nd map before. Once you remember how you did, just make sure you can replicate it so that you'll be able to entirely invest your energy in the last map.

I remember beating the 2nd map with F!Robin, Fjorm, Sanaki and a dancer but I don't think you can replicate my strategy since you have no raven tome unit available anymore (and only one dancer to spare for two maps). Fjorm IS great on this map I think, for as long as you destroy Leon and Sonya first. 

I think you really should see if you have breaker skills available to fodder for the last map to make killing those bulky units more manageable and you should probably bring your last dancer there as well. 

If I were you, I'd find a way to beat map 1 in a manner that would free the quick riposte seal for map 3. If you use QR M!Robin for the archer mainly, he can probably do the same with Bowbreaker. I know mine could. 

I actually finally found a solution on my own just now.

Map 1: Same as the team I mentioned before.

Map 2: Legendary Ryoma, Kinshi Hinoka, Lene, and Fjorm

Map 3: Shiro, Olwen, Christmas Cecilia, Halloween Kagero (note, Olwen didn't do much, she just rescued Kagero when I needed to and then finished off Clive).

I decided to try giving Ryoma the Iote's Shield seal and that helped deal with Leon. Cecilia and Kagero on the third map I figured could just tank stuff along with Shiro, it worked. Now I have 200 orbs!

Yeah BKs map was horrible, glad I somehow made it.

It was hell. Struggled a long time and spent quite a lot of fodder just for it. Don't think I spent a stamina potion though so at least it means I beat it under 20 attempts. :x

I remember making my Adult!Tiki the bulkiest I could with double Brazen and gave her Wings of Mercy so she could teleport and plug holes in front of my units here and there as the onslaught of enemies is really coming from all sides. 

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I actually finally found a solution on my own just now.

Congratulations!

Took mere minutes after you had it deemed "impossible".  :)

(I thought you said Fjorm sucked on 2nd map!)

Edited by Vince777

I can't remember how I dealt with Water 10. Once again wishing they would let you survey all the maps in a mode like this but such complaints seem a little late when Blessed Gardens is ending in a week. I'm finished with Water and Wind, but I've got a lot of catching up to do on Earth and Fire before I can tackle their final maps.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I can't remember how I dealt with Water 10. Once again wishing they would let you survey all the maps in a mode like this but such complaints seem a little late when Blessed Gardens is ending in a week. I'm finished with Water and Wind, but I've got a lot of catching up to do on Earth and Fire before I can tackle their final maps.

No turn limit/reinforcement shenanigans make Earth Ground 10 significantly easier than Water/Wind, I found. 

The last map only has 4 units and I actually thought the first map was the hardest one. 

11 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Congratulations!

Took mere minutes after you had it deemed "impossible".  :)

(I thought you said Fjorm sucked on 2nd map!)

Not literally impossible, just impossible with what I had. But regardless, I was wrong, yeah.

(She does. She actually didn't do much for me here.)

Still have the majority of Earth to do. Only ones I have cleared on there are the first one and Earth 3, because those had orbs. Fire is all caught up, and just need to clear Water 10 and Wind 10. I'm not even looking at my chain challenges, although I may need to start completing those for orb farming if Pent continues to elude me.

Unfortunate that they've just chosen to take their bat and ball and go home, but I guess economically the value of maintaining it as an F2P marketing tool for the series didn't stack up. That, or pure spite I guess.

My unrealistic dream is that Belgium is just the first domino to fall, and that eventually the tide will turn such that the concept gacha itself is reinvented into something that while still monetised, is purely deterministic. I suspect though that even if the entire world minus Japan went this route, they'd simply make it a domestic-only title, so Japan itself needs to be the domino.

Japan and the United States are large enough consumer bases that unless both of them fall, the loot box monetization model will continue to exist.

However, it may phase out as a secondary acquisition mechanic (for shooters, MOBAs, etc.) if all of Europe goes down, but gacha-centric games like Heroes shouldn't have much trouble surviving in their current form on just Japan and the U.S.

Edited by Ice Dragon