Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Watched the video for the last map - in fact, I was thinking of using Lissa before I switched to Sakura, so I was on the right track with using someone with Rehabilitate! I was also thinking I should have used the BK and a dancer along the way, looks like I should have!

I forgot to switch for WoM on the BK on my first try. That was heartbreaking. Then I replayed the maps and did everything right. The seal is now adorning my adorable Sharena.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I made some careless errors on squad assault, and that last map stumped me for a while. But I was able to beat it with Xander, Camus, Cecilia, and Clarine after getting some of the positioning and enemy ranges down.

The other four maps really weren't too much of an issue. Yeah, I did have a few runs where I fucked up at one of the earlier maps, but that was more the first time or so, after I got the pattern down it wasn't too bad. Screw the Nohrian summer map though.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I made some careless errors on squad assault, and that last map stumped me for a while. But I was able to beat it with Xander, Camus, Cecilia, and Clarine after getting some of the positioning and enemy ranges down.

The other four maps really weren't too much of an issue. Yeah, I did have a few runs where I fucked up at one of the earlier maps, but that was more the first time or so, after I got the pattern down it wasn't too bad. Screw the Nohrian summer map though.

I'm going to hate the Turn Limit Nohrian Summer map with the boat whenever they do a Squad Assault version of that...

But yeah that map with Summer Corrin is annoying, teaching you the terrors of Repositioning Fliers. It was a real team effort with Ike, Linde, Merric and Gordin for that one- in fact, overall the teams I used in the SA so far did great in working together. It feels nice when everyone in the team does their job with great synergy!

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm going to hate the Turn Limit Nohrian Summer map with the boat whenever they do a Squad Assault version of that...

I did it as a part of chain P9 yesterday and by Naga it’s so annoying.

All turn limit maps suck in this game, and they suck even harder in chains and assaults. Damn.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

But yeah that map with Summer Corrin is annoying, teaching you the terrors of Repositioning Fliers. It was a real team effort with Ike, Linde, Merric and Gordin for that one- in fact, overall the teams I used in the SA so far did great in working together. It feels nice when everyone in the team does their job with great synergy!

Do you have a strong red mage like Sanaki or Lilina? I didn't have a problem with that one Nohrian summer map with the time limit because my Sanaki just nuked the green armor, Leon, and Xander into oblivion. With someone else (most likely Reinhardt) to take care of that pegasus knight, that map didn't give me too much issues. Now, the last map in that paralogue ... that was another story ...

Hmm, I think my team was female Robin, Tsubaki, Lilina, and a healer. Female Robin couldn't quite kill female Corrin even with blue tomebreaker and TA3, but I was able to separate out the red pegasus knight. Terrain prevented Elise from having the same range as the archer, so female Robin was able to take out the archer without much pressure, and then Lilina blew up Elise.

@Sunwoo I have Tharja in my main at least. I'll wait until I get Arvis though, since Tharja is my only good red mage. (I have 4 star Lilina I guess as well...and Raigh/Sophia who needs training)

But yeah for a long time I didn't have a good one.

I haven't done the Assault version of that yet, but I'm just expressing my annoyance with Turn Limit maps in general. Especially 5 or 6 turn limit onees.

I have a Tharja, but I haven't really used mine so I can't really attest to how good she is XD My Sanaki also has red tomebreaker, so she was able to double Leon immediately when he engaged. That probably made a difference. Shame that you didn't have good red mages for a while, they are great.

Hahaha, you should've seen how annoyed I was on the chain challenge maps for 11+12. Map 2 was doable even with a strict time limit, but map 3 was basically a tossup on whether Xander had luna charged up or not, and map 4 is just ... no.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I have a Tharja, but I haven't really used mine so I can't really attest to how good she is XD My Sanaki also has red tomebreaker, so she was able to double Leon immediately when he engaged. That probably made a difference. Shame that you didn't have good red mages for a while, they are great.

Hahaha, you should've seen how annoyed I was on the chain challenge maps for 11+12. Map 2 was doable even with a strict time limit, but map 3 was basically a tossup on whether Xander had luna charged up or not, and map 4 is just ... no.

I haven't done the later CCs yet. Partly out of fear but also because with the TTs I only have so much stamina mentally and in-game haha

But Tharja was my first one and boy was she so good with a +Spd/-Res combo. Desperation and Vengeance had good synergy and she was my first maxed HM unit because of the first two TTs. Helped against Veronica as well- she's so annoying with her defense that some swordies couldn't oneshot her but Tharja just cackles at her when Desperation is up.

My +RES +0 vanilla Sigurd just survived an +7 +ATK DB3 QP/Moonbow Reinhardt with Hone Cav in Arena. He was left with 7 HP which means he would have survived also the +10 version. Also miracle has proven to be handy if someone needs to survive a Black Luna. 

Now i'm not sure anymore if I want to give Sigurd DC ... 

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I haven't done the later CCs yet. Partly out of fear but also because with the TTs I only have so much stamina mentally and in-game haha

But Tharja was my first one and boy was she so good with a +Spd/-Res combo. Desperation and Vengeance had good synergy and she was my first maxed HM unit because of the first two TTs. Helped against Veronica as well- she's so annoying with her defense that some swordies couldn't oneshot her but Tharja just cackles at her when Desperation is up.

My Sanaki was my best red mage for the longest time, and even now I'd argue that she does what I want her to do better than anyone else -- tank magic and delete things. Her high resistance means that she can even take hits from really strong red mages (like Lilina, Celica, Tharja, and herself) and still have decent health left, and hopefully 1RKO them with red tomebreaker, while most green mages she can just outright delete. Alas, Julia tends to have too much HP to be fully 1HKO a lot of times.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My Sanaki was my best red mage for the longest time, and even now I'd argue that she does what I want her to do better than anyone else -- tank magic and delete things. Her high resistance means that she can even take hits from really strong red mages (like Lilina, Celica, Tharja, and herself) and still have decent health left, and hopefully 1RKO them with red tomebreaker, while most green mages she can just outright delete. Alas, Julia tends to have too much HP to be fully 1HKO a lot of times.

Yeah I have a Sanaki in my other account. Very good Julia check. Best user of Iceberg in my team.

I gave mine Swordbreaker though since swordies are more common and her Speed is pretty bad.

Gave mine Red Raven tome for fun- actually pretty interesting to use although it's not the + version.

Just completed every chain challenge on each difficulty with exception to Ch. 3+4 Normal, which will be left uncleared for training purposes.  Also done with October quests, and I'm quickly running out of random characters to train.  I'm really hoping they announce the next TT soon.

31 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Just completed every chain challenge on each difficulty with exception to Ch. 3+4 Normal, which will be left uncleared for training purposes.  Also done with October quests, and I'm quickly running out of random characters to train.  I'm really hoping they announce the next TT soon.

You can always train the free units we were given for any future GHB or BHB strategies found on Youtube. That's what I've been doing. I've also been training most of my 3* and some of my 4* units to level 20 for SI down the line. Even then I'm running out of units to train.

Edited by tobuShogi

11 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

You can always train the free units we were given for any future GHB or BHB strategies found on Youtube. That's what I've been doing. I've also been training most of my 3* and some of my 4* units to level 20 whenever I decide to use them for SI. Even then I'm running out of units to train.

I have most of them trained up with optimal or near-optimal natures (As well as every GHB character at 4* Lv 40 or higher), but this isn't a bad idea.  Couldn't hurt to have a few more neutral copies lying around. 

I'm happy that I've got 20,000 feathers ready for Arvis as having a red mage of any kind is nice to have.

Abd, let's talk about what is coming this month. First, Arvis comes tomorrow! Second, there have been datamines for five map names that are currently not in the game. They will most likely come after the warrior maps go away. Third, a TT is coming and the border at the top of every TT starting screen displays Julia. This most likely means that Julia is one of the TT units. Finally, the Ursula GHB is returning this month, most likely with an infernal mode. And that is our recap.

16 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm happy that I've got 20,000 feathers ready for Arvis as having a red mage of any kind is nice to have.

Abd, let's talk about what is coming this month. First, Arvis comes tomorrow! Second, there have been datamines for five map names that are currently not in the game. They will most likely come after the warrior maps go away. Third, a TT is coming and the border at the top of every TT starting screen displays Julia. This most likely means that Julia is one of the TT units. Finally, the Ursula GHB is returning this month, most likely with an infernal mode. And that is our recap.

Same here, a second 5* mage will be handy. 

The special warrior maps are nice, fun to play and great for SP grinding. But I find it odd that they should be the only event for FE Warriors. Perhaps also the next (story) maps will be warriors related? 

I don't remember which thread had the discussion about datamine info indicating which ratings free units will be available at, but this seems like as good a place as any to pick it up.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arden

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ayra

If these pages are to be believed, Arden and Ayra are both available at 4-5*, contrary to the claim that Arden only had 5* data. Arden's 4* stats are missing for some reason, though, and I'm not entirely sure where the info would come from in the first place or how reliable it is.

If they really are both 4-5*, it seems neither one is a GHB unit, and they could both be TT units, or one be TT and the other be available some other way.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:57 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

41 is actually a good panic ploy numbers. 

*Looks at Cherche*

I mean sure that's all fine and dandy but no one is going run Hinoka because she is inferior to three other lance fliers in this game

In which case, one can get an easy Hone attack fodder from someone else and give away her brave lance+ and hone fliers to someone who would use it better!

37 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

*Looks at Cherche*

I mean sure that's all fine and dandy but no one is going run Hinoka because she is inferior to three other lance fliers in this game

In which case, one can get an easy Hone attack fodder from someone else and give away her brave lance+ and hone fliers to someone who would use it better!

Well, to be fair, Hinoka is only inferior to Est if you have Summer Gaiuses to throw around. She's fairly competent.