Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I saw a Brave Roy in arena with Miracle as his special.

I mean it activated quick but he still went down to my +Spd Ike :D

@Zeo @DefaultBeep Of the Samsho characters, probably the only unique ones would may be Nakoruru as a flying sword (or dagger?) unit because she can ride on her hawk Mamahaha. Mina would definitely be an archer though. Hanzo can probably be a dagger user because ninja, while Galford....either dagger as well (Poppy as a weapon?) or blue tome because of lightning. Enja can be a red tome while Suija a blue tome. The newer characters do have axe users at least (although I haven't played those games but hey it's variety)

Last Blade can have Akari as a staff user. Resident ninja Zantetsu can be a dagger (he is Eiji's ancestor after all). Shigen can be an armoured axe I guess while Jyuzo's club is similar to an axe. Genbu fights with a fishing rod and turtles so....uhh...lance when he stabs you with the fishing rod? lol

Also Defaultbeep what about Ryo's Dweebenheimer win quote! 

xhlauL1.png

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just make Kensou a blue breath user. Problem solved- he das have dragon powers!

@eclipse @DefaultBeep

But huh yeah armoured unit would definietly fit Maxima. I was gonna say Axe but with his Laser Cannon mage sounds more fun. Or Lance (his qcb+P would seam like a really heavy punch that would have strong thrusts)

As for Chizuru, she can probablt have some kind of sealing debuffing staff maybe Fear, Slow or Panic (too bad healers can't even learn Seal skills). Or maybe, Guard to deny specials and probably Drive Res for a C slot. Maybe Miracle as her special (so you have to hit twice when it's activated, kind of like breaking the mirror image).

edit: @DefaultBeep Yes I'm very happy that there are some pretty cool SF users. :P

I think Terry's "R U OK? BUSTAHHH WOLLFFF!" is pretty iconic though! haha

But Kensou isn't a Dragon (Even though he could morph into one in his original game). The idea of Kensou shooting out a Breath looking attack through his hands instead of his mouth would be amazing. But now we have a character that isn't a Dragon being weak to Falchion users, or imbalanced and NOT weak to Falchion users, instantly making him the best blue Dragon. 

29 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Zeo @mcsilas

Yeah, the nature of KoF's cast means that most characters are either obviously mage users, or physical attackers that would need to be given a weapon type of some kind. I like the idea of Kensou having a meat bun-themed Renewal skill instead of weapon, that definitely sounds possible. I think Elizabeth would make the most sense as a sword user since she actually has one, and then with a Special and possibly skills to match her attack effects. Kyo and Benimaru would easily be red and blue mages respectively, which makes me think that Daimon would probably be an axe user (possibly armored) to finish the triangle. Same deal with K', Kula, and Maxima most likely, with of course ice instead of lightning for Kula, and Maxima would definitely need Distant Counter (which his weapon could probably have built in). Green mage with Close Counter is also a possibility.

Agreed for the most part. Definitely leaning towards chest beam green mage Max with CC as opposed to Axima though. Since Athena is associated with a Phoenix, something like Miracle would suit her as a base special skill.

Edited by Zeo

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Easy, now. I’m on your side. But Nino is the original Cinnamon Roll. That’s a title that Tailtiu can’t take, as adorable as she is.

Original? Sorry, but Tailtiu came earlier, and she is no less a cinnamon roll than Nino. Maybe even more of a one.

…I have my own blade-tossing cinnamon roll on my side in Katarina.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

But Kensou isn't a Dragon (Even though he could morph into one in his original game). The idea of Kensou shooting out a Breath looking attack through his hands instead of his mouth would be amazing. But now we have a character that isn't a Dragon being weak to Falchion users, or imbalanced and NOT weak to Falchion users, instantly making him the best blue Dragon. 

He is weak to Athena's Psycho Sword ;)

edit: But yeah it's more a pun because of his hunger for pork buns

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Original? Sorry, but Tailtiu came earlier, and she is no less a cinnamon roll than Nino. Maybe even more of a one.

By release order, not chronological order.

And besides, Nino and Elise are the poster children for cinnamon roll :^)

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

By release order, not chronological order.

And besides, Nino and Elise are the poster children for cinnamon roll :^)

I'd say Sakura is up there though.

Although I guess she can't beat Elise's actual Cinnamon roll hair buns

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Chronological order beats release order.

You can’t take credit for it if someone after you got the patent first.

Just now, mcsilas said:

I'd say Sakura is up there though.

Although I guess she can't beat Elise's actual Cinnamon roll hair buns

Elise is in fact the original cinnamon roll, if this thread is any indication. Sakura is definitely up there though, followed up by Midori, Nino, and Fae.

38 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Would it be upsetting if I told you that I've had an unpromoted +Spd/-Res Nino for months now? She's been doing her best to warm that bench~.

I'll do my bEst to punch you in the face if you don't promote her soon

50 minutes ago, May B. said:

Well, at least I am f2p in FGO....

There is hope for you still

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

He is weak to Athena's Psycho Sword ;)

edit: But yeah it's more a pun because of his hunger for pork buns

I SEE WAT U DID THERE.

But yeah. KOF isn't a game that translates well to Heroes. But Athena, Kensou and Kula are probably some of the easiest characters to port. A Fate crossover needs to happen though. I really hope something like that happens. Honestly Fate translates so well into games that I wouldn't mind a AAA Fate RPG on a home console or even a Fate Warriors game like FE Warriors. But I'm steering off topic here so I'll leave it at that. I'd happily settle for Saber/Archer/Lancer in Heroes.

Edited by Zeo

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Easy, now. I’m on your side. But Nino is the original Cinnamon Roll. That’s a title that Tailtiu can’t take, as adorable as she is.

I’m trying to imagine how those lines would fit on the screen during a special proc. There goes my sides, good job.

Wouldn't the title of actual original Cinnamon Roll go to Gordin Maria?

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Agreed for the most part. Definitely leaning towards chest beam green mage Max with CC as opposed to Axima though. Since Athena is associated with a Phoenix, something like Miracle would suit her as a base special skill.

I wouldn't mind a few nods to non-KoF appearances, like Kensou's abilities in his original game. It would help him stand out alongside Athena as well, besides just being different colors.

Yeah, my original idea was Distant Counter axe, but then I saw a few suggestions for Close Counter tome, which I agree fits him better. I really like the idea of Miracle for Athena. It's not a great skill, but it's definitely fitting, which I approve of.

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Of the Samsho characters, probably the only unique ones would may be Nakoruru as a flying sword (or dagger?) unit because she can ride on her hawk Mamahaha. Mina would definitely be an archer though. Hanzo can probably be a dagger user because ninja, while Galford....either dagger as well (Poppy as a weapon?) or blue tome because of lightning. Enja can be a red tome while Suija a blue tome. The newer characters do have axe users at least (although I haven't played those games but hey it's variety)

Last Blade can have Akari as a staff user. Resident ninja Zantetsu can be a dagger (he is Eiji's ancestor after all). Shigen can be an armoured axe I guess while Jyuzo's club is similar to an axe. Genbu fights with a fishing rod and turtles so....uhh...lance when he stabs you with the fishing rod? lol

Also Defaultbeep what about Ryo's Dweebenheimer win quote! 

Galford would obviously be a cavalry unit who rides Poppy. Probably tome to go with his lightning, as well. If Nakoruru can ride her animal and be a different movement type, then I'd say Galford deserves the same.

Yes! How could I forget Ryo's defining character moment? Early SNK games had the best namecalling for sure. I'm just reading Terry's Quotes page at this point, so here's a few other gems that I found:

"What do you call a guy with broken arms and legs floating in a pool? Bob!" (Vs. Bob)

"I'm axin' you if you could do me the favor of stopping your bleeding over my new shoes." (vs. Hon Fu)

"You've lost your stuff, dweeb!" (Vs. Andy)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'll do my bEst to punch you in the face if you don't promote her soon

But I do have a 5-star +Atk/-Def Est! Who I refuse to give Def Ploy to because I have standards.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

But I do have a 5-star +Atk/-Def Est! Who I refuse to give Def Ploy to because I have standards.

I don't really care for Est

Promote Nino

Become the beast

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

You're just jealous cause you can't pull a good Nino :smug:

I actually do own Blade tome users, I just don't use them outside of AA and Emblem teams (which I don't use outside of AA and CC)

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

54 minutes ago, eclipse said:

KoF = King of Fighters, a fighting game that wouldn't translate well to Heroes.  But I like it, so :P:

And yo~!  Been busy with other stuff, and my pulls have been awful.  Like, "on par with a full 3* pull in Heroes" bad.

Skipped this. Cool, I mean, I've gotten pretty ok pulls, oh asides from Tonberry WoL, but he takes up a pile of crystals as well. I'm currently doing Black Mage Pinnacle and Hall; I already 12'd him tho. Also, gathering Addrammelech components as hell!

@Zeo The big question is, would Archer be a bow unit or a sword unit?

@DefaultBeep But Galford doesn't actually ride Poppy, while Nakoruru can use Mamahaha to lift her up for a time. That said maybe Rera/Dark Nakoruru can be a cavalry sword since she ride on her wolf. (Love Rera's design by the way)edit: @DefaultBeep I came across this while looking for Ryo's quote:

Spoiler

DDqs6nOXYAA0xv1.jpg

Edited by mcsilas

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually do own Blade tome users, I just don't use them outside of AA and Emblem teams (which I don't use outside of AA and CC)

You didn't deny being jealous of my Nino though

Nino is everything, as well as magic. Embrace the power of the blade.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He shoots swords, so clearly he would be a bow user with Close Counter.

Alternatively he can be a Red Tome user (he does know magic) with a bladetome :P

Contiuing the tradition of Archers not being actual archers like a certain golden king

Edited by mcsilas

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't really care for Est

Promote Nino

Become the beast

D:

B-but you use her name as a pun so often... does that mean nothing to you? Were those puns empty and devoid of love?!?!

You disgust me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

i didn't mean it please forgive me

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

But Galford doesn't actually ride Poppy, while Nakoruru can use Mamahaha to lift her up for a time. That said maybe Rera/Dark Nakoruru can be a cavalry sword since she ride on her wolf. (Love Rera's design by the way)edit: @DefaultBeep I came across this while looking for Ryo's quote:

Reveal hidden contents

DDqs6nOXYAA0xv1.jpg

Well yeah, but it would be cute! :D I dunno, having Poppy be a weapon feels weird (even if he is used as an attack by Galford), but not having Poppy at all feels even weirder. Agreed, Rera looks awesome. It's a shame she wasn't in more games, but maybe she'll have a chance to return whenever a new Samurai Showdown game gets made.

Oh hey, look at that! Andy is suggesting that people go play Heroes! And here we thought that a crossover had no basis.

20 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

You disgust me.

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

You know, I was entirely expecting that meme to show up in that spoiler only to be pleasantly surprised. Good on you. Though is it bad that I also don’t like Est?

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

You know, I was entirely expecting that meme to show up in that spoiler only to be pleasantly surprised. Good on you. Though is it bad that I also don’t like Est?

Not like because of her character, art, or spread?

I'm neutral on the first two and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE at the last one because it makes people think it's actually a good spread. No, no it's fucking not. FUCK RES ON MELEE UNITS.

(Mind, she's alright, decent brave lance user suffering from typical melee problems, nothing wrong with building her or using her, and she's decent as a DC carrier thanks to good speed tier---so you don't get doubled by mages, which is 100% lethal---and excellent Atk. It's just that DC anti-mage isn't a real niche.)

Edited by DehNutCase

42 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo The big question is, would Archer be a bow unit or a sword unit?

Easy, Bow unit. Saber would be the sword unit. Shirou would be the dagger unit with Kanshou and Bakuya.

Also Mina as an Archer from SamSho would be everything.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Easy, Bow unit. Saber would be the sword unit. Shirou would be the dagger unit with Kanshou and Bakuya.

Also Mina as an Archer from SamSho would be everything.

I fail to see how Shirou is not a mage, like, it's 100% impossible that Shirou and his projection magic is not in the class that has tomes which

SUMMON SWORDS

as a defining feature.

Edit: He can even get a Prf -blade tome, maybe one that reduces special cd.

:D

Double Edit: It also meshes with Gil, because there's no way Gil's not in the most overpowered class in FEH (mage) if Gil gets in as well.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Haha, don't worry, I won't take Arcanite's favorite meme for myself. They can keep that one. I can definitely understand people not liking Est; I like her character in New Mystery, but her Heroes appearance isn't super great. I mostly promoted her to 5-star for her level 40 conversation, which was a huge letdown and a waste of feathers in the end.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm neutral on the first two and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE at the last one because it makes people think it's actually a good spread. No, no it's fucking not. FUCK RES ON MELEE UNITS.

(Mind, she's alright, decent brave lance user suffering from typical melee problems, nothing wrong with building her or using her, and she's decent as a DC carrier thanks to good speed tier---so you don't get doubled by mages, which is 100% lethal---and excellent Atk. It's just that DC anti-mage isn't a real niche.)

Agreed, she seems to get a bit too much praise simply for having a high Res stat for Ploy skills. I doubt I'll ever bother giving her a Ploy skill myself. Def Ploy is way better on Caeda, after all.

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Entirely based on her character. I don’t mind Miwabe Sakura’s art like some (though it doesn’t really suit Lachesis, especially when paired with Cristina Vee’s voice acting imo). As for her performance as a unit in Heroes, it doesn’t matter to me since I don’t particularly like her and as such I’m not inclined to use her.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Haha, don't worry, I won't take Arcanite's favorite meme for myself. They can keep that one. I can definitely understand people not liking Est; I like her character in New Mystery, but her Heroes appearance isn't super great. I mostly promoted her to 5-star for her level 40 conversation, which was a huge letdown and a waste of feathers in the end.

The only reason I’d ever promote an Est, aside from satisfying my completionist urges, is to have an all 5* Whitewings team. She’s the only one I don’t have as a 5* out of those four at this point.